Flowerbomb90 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Flowerbomb90 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Flowerbomb90 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Flowerbomb90 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Flowerbomb90 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Flowerbomb90 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Flowerbomb90 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Flowerbomb90 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Flowerbomb90 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Flowerbomb90 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Flowerbomb90 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Possible eating disorder

Does it help to go talk to someone about a possible "binge eating disorder?" is there any type of program you can go through or anything? I have been binge eating since my senior year of highschool and it really hit hard the end of last year. I have gained 20 lbs and my gym efforts are being wasted. I also believe I have body image issues. I will be blunt...I Hate my body and every part of it. My view of myself is beginning to destroy my relationships. I know my boyfriend gets tired of hearing me cry and be depressed but I'm honest, I feel like a failure, fat, and stupid.

sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Sorry to hear that but it is great that you are willing to reach out and get help.

Are you in college at all?

Where do you live (ie. country), people can help with resources if you can give a little more detail.

Here is a great website to start:
    http://www.something-fishy.org/

Flowerbomb90 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Flowerbomb90 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Flowerbomb90 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Flowerbomb90 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Flowerbomb90 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Flowerbomb90 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Flowerbomb90 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Flowerbomb90 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Flowerbomb90 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Flowerbomb90 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Flowerbomb90 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by sonti View Post
    Sorry to hear that but it is great that you are willing to reach out and get help.

Are you in college at all?

Where do you live (ie. country), people can help with resources if you can give a little more detail.

Here is a great website to start:
    http://www.something-fishy.org/
    I am in college and have had depression problems since then. I started college in the fall and all my friends are no longer here anymore so I guess I feel forgotten. I really think my binge eating is a deeper emotional problem. People say oh you can just stop but it's not that easy..,it feels like a drug withdrawal and it's so damn irritating. I want to look a certain way but I can't..,I have to keep stuffing my face like a fat ass. I am just desperate for help I can't do it alone..,I have tried for 2 years. I live in united states in Alabama. Thanks for your reply though

penny0527 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) penny0527 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) penny0527 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) penny0527 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) penny0527 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) penny0527 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) penny0527 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) penny0527 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) penny0527 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) penny0527 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) penny0527 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I think talking to a professional is a great idea.

Most importantly I think it takes great courage to admit your problems. It takes even more courage to seek help for those problems. good for you and best of luck!

Snarkoleptic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Snarkoleptic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Snarkoleptic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Snarkoleptic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Snarkoleptic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Snarkoleptic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Snarkoleptic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Snarkoleptic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Snarkoleptic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Snarkoleptic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Snarkoleptic is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Please make an appointment with your campus counseling center. Even if they're not qualified to treat your issue, they can refer you to someone who can. What you are describing is not uncommon, and can improve dramatically with some focused work. The most important thing now is that you realize changes need to be made. Take the next step, you'll be glad you did.

Damn, it's good to be me! thepowerwithin's Avatar
    thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thepowerwithin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Although nothing can substitute a professional experienced in dealing with BED, here's a website I found helpful when I was struggling a bit. There are many who are in the thick of the disorder and a handful of members with good recovery, so you'll have to weed through the posts and journals.

For me, completely changing my thoughts and negative messages was 90% of the battle, the other 10% was avoiding too much restriction.

Sort of like, damn it, if I like cake (or whatever), I'll fit cake in my eating plan. The cake is not the problem, it's the thoughts.

Good luck.

http://howtostopeating.com/binge-eating-forum/

andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) andrerox80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    when you say "binge eat," what exactly does that mean and look like for you?

definitely go to your school's counseling center. most have counselors who are trainer to deal w/ eating disordered clients and might even have one or a few that specialize in ed's. very common among college students, plus, it will be free. can also do counseling in tandem w/ a nutritionist. you can also look online for someone outside of school. the link sonti gave you is a good one to check out. like thepowerwithin said, this too does not take the place of a counselor, but while i am not a self-help book person, my old dietician told me about the don't diet-live it workbook and it's basic but i think it makes you think and is good for any emotional eater.

read your other thread. how do you think this factors in?

Originally Posted by Flowerbomb90 View Post
    Oh yeah, I have overdone some calories a lot lol. I am a BIG eater...played for 2 soccer teams in highschool and ran track and I used to stuff my face any given chance.
    do you think some of it is just used to being able to eat more w/o 'consequences' (i.e., wt gain) and still wanting to eat as much and being used to it despite the difference in activity levels?