trenofuu is on a distinguished road. (+10) trenofuu is on a distinguished road. (+10) trenofuu is on a distinguished road. (+10) trenofuu is on a distinguished road. (+10) trenofuu is on a distinguished road. (+10) trenofuu is on a distinguished road. (+10) trenofuu is on a distinguished road. (+10) trenofuu is on a distinguished road. (+10) trenofuu is on a distinguished road. (+10) trenofuu is on a distinguished road. (+10) trenofuu is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Lifting Belt w/ a Herniated Disc

I've searched this forum from head to toe to find an answer to my solution but haven't :/
    It's a tragedy but at 18 years old I have a herniated disc because of some horrible deadlift suggestions by a personal trainer who didn't know anything.

I know a belt won't fix my problem, and I'll probably end up going into surgery or something of the sort, but I'm not even able to do seated cable rows, and I think a belt will allow me to do basic, non-hyperextension exercises (like seated cable rows).

What kind of belt do you guys think would work best? I understand that a tapered belt is often looked down upon, but I have a unique condition. From what I would personally guess, something that is pretty thick in the back (enough to cover my entire affected area) and is made of a more flexible material than leather would be best, but I really am no belt expert so I'm looking for advice. Keep in mind I DO NOT do squats/deadlifts/barbell rows/etc so lifting functionality isn't the most important issue (though that would be nice as well in case my treatment next week goes well).

I'm also on a tight budget. Preferably under $35 if that is possible but I'm open to all advice. Thank you!

corozco is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) corozco is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) corozco is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) corozco is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) corozco is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) corozco is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) corozco is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) corozco is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) corozco is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) corozco is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) corozco is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    If you have a herniated disk, seated cable rows will feel horrible regardless. Besides your legs being stretched, your back has to round in order the initiate the first rep.

If you want to heal up and strengthen the area I would recommend very light sumo deadlifts with a STRAIGHT and ARCHED lower back. Start with the bar maybe even 10 or 25 pound plates and go down until it feels comfortable. A belt will not make something you can't do now possible.
    Florida Gulf Coast University Powerlifting

**MISC Strength Crew**
    **MISC Firearms Crew***
    **MISC Anti-*******ry Crew**
    ***Brings Pen and Paper to the Gym Crew***

1k+

SQUATZ AND OATZ

trenofuu is on a distinguished road. (+10) trenofuu is on a distinguished road. (+10) trenofuu is on a distinguished road. (+10) trenofuu is on a distinguished road. (+10) trenofuu is on a distinguished road. (+10) trenofuu is on a distinguished road. (+10) trenofuu is on a distinguished road. (+10) trenofuu is on a distinguished road. (+10) trenofuu is on a distinguished road. (+10) trenofuu is on a distinguished road. (+10) trenofuu is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Thanks for the advice. Nonetheless do you have a weight belt recommendation in general. I just feel that it would be a worthwhile investment for ANYTHING as far as back support whether it be military press or even as little as picking up a 45lb plate off the ground.

Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Xuaxace is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Powerlifting belts are the best... but with that budget might be a stretch.

The only thing the belt will do is to help you constantly push your abs out thus stabilizing your spine a bit. However this won't help much. Instead, make sure everytime you have to pick something up, you take your time and lift it in best possible way.

I am sure there are plenty of online resources about people with hernia and exercises they have done and cannot do.

As the guy above said, cable rows are HORRIBLE. Instead Chest supported machines would do you rather well as there is zero movement from the lower back.
    "Do not subordinate fundamental principles to minor details."

Physiotherapy instagram
    https://www.instagram.com/dayyan.physio/

DrRalph has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    hi i know im 2 years late bro , how did your treatment go ?... i have a herniated disc too , lower back lumbar area , pretty bad , i can't sit for more than 30 mins , i herniated it 2 years ago , anyway if you have anny question i would be happy to hepl you out ... i have managed to perform 90% of the excercices at the gym .

308smk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 308smk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 308smk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 308smk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 308smk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 308smk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 308smk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 308smk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 308smk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 308smk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 308smk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

markthomas1969 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) markthomas1969 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) markthomas1969 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) markthomas1969 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) markthomas1969 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) markthomas1969 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Inversion table or gravity boots. Stretch the spine and makes the disc heal.

btlifter is just really nice. (+1000) btlifter is just really nice. (+1000) btlifter is just really nice. (+1000) btlifter is just really nice. (+1000) btlifter is just really nice. (+1000) btlifter is just really nice. (+1000) btlifter is just really nice. (+1000) btlifter is just really nice. (+1000) btlifter is just really nice. (+1000) btlifter is just really nice. (+1000) btlifter is just really nice. (+1000)
    I realize OP posted a long time ago, but for anybody else who's reading this looking for advice (i've done it twice)

-Mackenzie protocal... look it up, it's been a tremendous help for me both times (it was a couple months after I quit the first time that I did it the second)

-Strengthen your abs! But do it in ways that don't irritate your back, i.e train your obliques, and keep your abs/spine in a isometric position

-A good belt is important.

-Finally, make sure your abs+glute are engaged/ your back stays neutral (not over extended) whenever you do anything that may put pressure on your spine.

I'm experimenting with various lower back isolation exercises as well. These seem to be helpful, but i'm not confident enough in them to recommend them yet.
    680/412.5/647.5-1740, raw elite 308 (meet, raw, wraps)
    770/445/660 -all time gym prs @ 355 ish

Currently: about 240,
    gym prs: 480/330/530....time to get strong!

"Demand more!"

My log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=168128223