Thread: Squat Critique

TRempel is on a distinguished road. (+10) TRempel is on a distinguished road. (+10) TRempel is on a distinguished road. (+10) TRempel is on a distinguished road. (+10) TRempel is on a distinguished road. (+10) TRempel is on a distinguished road. (+10) TRempel is on a distinguished road. (+10) TRempel is on a distinguished road. (+10) TRempel is on a distinguished road. (+10) TRempel is on a distinguished road. (+10) TRempel is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Squat Critique

260x5 - 2nd of 3 sets

Since watching, I've noticed that I should slow down the negatives and not let them turn into a partial goodmorning on the way up.

Sorry that the plates obstruct the view of my back, but do you guys see any other areas that need improvement?
    Feb 15/12
    S - 260x5
    D - 315x5
    B - 155x5

I'll rep you back

jiorgie is on a distinguished road. (+10) jiorgie is on a distinguished road. (+10) jiorgie is on a distinguished road. (+10) jiorgie is on a distinguished road. (+10) jiorgie is on a distinguished road. (+10) jiorgie is on a distinguished road. (+10) jiorgie is on a distinguished road. (+10) jiorgie is on a distinguished road. (+10) jiorgie is on a distinguished road. (+10) jiorgie is on a distinguished road. (+10) jiorgie is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Slow down on your negatives, especially doing heavy weights. You will crush yourself if you don't have control lol.

jammyo40 is a name known to all. (+5000) jammyo40 is a name known to all. (+5000) jammyo40 is a name known to all. (+5000) jammyo40 is a name known to all. (+5000) jammyo40 is a name known to all. (+5000) jammyo40 is a name known to all. (+5000) jammyo40 is a name known to all. (+5000) jammyo40 is a name known to all. (+5000) jammyo40 is a name known to all. (+5000) jammyo40 is a name known to all. (+5000) jammyo40 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I wouldn't worry too much about your negatives. But it does look like your back is rounded the entire time.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=142333271
    The more that you read, the more things you'll know.
    The more that you learn, the more places you'll go.

Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=149723023

ddog171 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ddog171 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ddog171 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ddog171 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ddog171 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ddog171 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ddog171 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ddog171 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ddog171 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ddog171 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ddog171 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    On your way down think up,up,up. Then rebound out of the hole. Depth looks good. Last rep looked like it was tough.
    My Journal (LRB 365):
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=150698083

ablakes524 is not very well liked. (-100) ablakes524 is not very well liked. (-100) ablakes524 is not very well liked. (-100) ablakes524 is not very well liked. (-100) ablakes524 is not very well liked. (-100) ablakes524 is not very well liked. (-100) ablakes524 is not very well liked. (-100) ablakes524 is not very well liked. (-100) ablakes524 is not very well liked. (-100) ablakes524 is not very well liked. (-100) ablakes524 is not very well liked. (-100)
    Straighten your back out, slow down the negative, and maybe go a little lighter so you do more reps and sets.

uncgg has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) uncgg has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) uncgg has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) uncgg has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) uncgg has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) uncgg has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) uncgg has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) uncgg has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) uncgg has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) uncgg has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) uncgg has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by ablakes524 View Post
    Straighten your back out, slow down the negative, and maybe go a little lighter so you do more reps and sets.
    this. even before you start to go down, you are already way too far forward. you need to think of it more as sitting in a chair. if you sat in a chair like that you would be going full retard. but the good news is is that that basically solves your problem, your squat looks good otherwise and it sounds like you know what you need to do. happy lifting.

kinRUSH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kinRUSH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kinRUSH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kinRUSH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kinRUSH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kinRUSH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kinRUSH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kinRUSH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kinRUSH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kinRUSH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kinRUSH has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    looks like what's happening is that your ankle mobility is fairly limited so your torso is leaning forward to ensure you get to your desired depth. It's a very common compensation.

With that heavy weight and that extra weight being put on your lower back due to the compensation, it could cause injury or extra strain to the lumbar spine or surrounding muscles/ligaments/tendons

Just my analysis. Take it for what it's worth...

TRempel is on a distinguished road. (+10) TRempel is on a distinguished road. (+10) TRempel is on a distinguished road. (+10) TRempel is on a distinguished road. (+10) TRempel is on a distinguished road. (+10) TRempel is on a distinguished road. (+10) TRempel is on a distinguished road. (+10) TRempel is on a distinguished road. (+10) TRempel is on a distinguished road. (+10) TRempel is on a distinguished road. (+10) TRempel is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by jiorgie View Post
    Slow down on your negatives, especially doing heavy weights. You will crush yourself if you don't have control lol.
    Thanks, I'm going to slow down.

Originally Posted by jammyo40 View Post
    I wouldn't worry too much about your negatives. But it does look like your back is rounded the entire time.

dos&donts link
    Okay, I'll keep an eye on my back. I saw that guide when I got home yesterday and will remember it for future videos.

Originally Posted by ddog171 View Post
    On your way down think up,up,up. Then rebound out of the hole. Depth looks good. Last rep looked like it was tough.
    Thanks for the tip! The last rep was tough haha.

Originally Posted by uncgg View Post
    this. even before you start to go down, you are already way too far forward. you need to think of it more as sitting in a chair. if you sat in a chair like that you would be going full retard. but the good news is is that that basically solves your problem, your squat looks good otherwise and it sounds like you know what you need to do. happy lifting.
    Thanks, I'll practice sitting back further.

Originally Posted by kinRUSH View Post
    looks like what's happening is that your ankle mobility is fairly limited so your torso is leaning forward to ensure you get to your desired depth. It's a very common compensation.

With that heavy weight and that extra weight being put on your lower back due to the compensation, it could cause injury or extra strain to the lumbar spine or surrounding muscles/ligaments/tendons

Just my analysis. Take it for what it's worth...
    Could you elaborate on ankle mobility a little more? I'm not sure I understand. I would have assumed it was a lack of flexibility in my hamstrings and/or back.

A couple months ago I reset my squat because my knees were going way too far over my toes and causing pain. I was letting my butt drop down instead of sitting back. I suspect this is where the extra lean is coming from. My concern is that if I try to keep my back more upright, my knees will come forward again and the pain will return.

Thanks for all the input guys! I appreciate it.
    Feb 15/12
    S - 260x5
    D - 315x5
    B - 155x5

I'll rep you back