uMimen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) uMimen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) uMimen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) uMimen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) uMimen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) uMimen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) uMimen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) uMimen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) uMimen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) uMimen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) uMimen has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Help with giving advice at the gym

So every so often when i go to the local gym there is this lady who has the arm strap so u can do hanging leg raises and stuff. She sits there for literally an hour (taking up the pullup bar and in the way for the cable machines) and does not do leg raises but like 1 leg knee raises and stuff that is not doing anything near as productive as other possible exercises. I cant really explain what she does because i dont even think it has a name because it doesnt seem like its working out anything.
    But how can i approach her without seeming rude and ask her to move or like let her know that wat she is doing is really not going to help get get a flat stomach because im pretty sure thats what she is going for. I dont have a issue with her doing it its just she does it for like an hour strait and brings a bench so she can stand on it between her "sets"
    I REP Back 350+

Trying to get to dat 1337 rep powa

******* No fap until 2012 crew ******

rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Unless she asks for advice, do not attempt to give.

Ask her if you can work in on the sets.

You may also bring it to gym staff attention and let them tell her to move. Our gym has rules against this kind of thing.
    www.bikinisandbiceps.com
    IG@bikinisandbiceps

MPH, CPT and Nutrition and Wellness Coach

No one is going to care more about your progress than you. Everyone else is too busy chasing their own. You either do what you need to do to progress, or you remain where you are. The choice is yours.

DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by rockangel View Post
    Unless she asks for advice, do not attempt to give.

Ask her if you can work in on the sets.

You may also bring it to gym staff attention and let them tell her to move. Our gym has rules against this kind of thing.
    ^^this^^ I'd definitely let the staff tell her.
    Danielle xoxo

#TEAM HYPE

KesStJames has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KesStJames has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KesStJames has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KesStJames has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KesStJames has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KesStJames has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KesStJames has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KesStJames has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by uMimen View Post
    So every so often when i go to the local gym there is this lady who has the arm strap so u can do hanging leg raises and stuff. She sits there for literally an hour (taking up the pullup bar and in the way for the cable machines) and does not do leg raises but like 1 leg knee raises and stuff that is not doing anything near as productive as other possible exercises. I cant really explain what she does because i dont even think it has a name because it doesnt seem like its working out anything.
    But how can i approach her without seeming rude and ask her to move or like let her know that wat she is doing is really not going to help get get a flat stomach because im pretty sure thats what she is going for. I dont have a issue with her doing it its just she does it for like an hour strait and brings a bench so she can stand on it between her "sets"
    OOOOOMMMMMGGG....

If you work out in MH I know exactly who you're talking about. She works out in a sports bra? Management wont do jack crack about it other than tell her she has to let people work in. You think she's bad on the floor she's worse in the locker room. Takes her two darn hours to get ready to leave.

MorelloMachine will become famous soon enough. (+50) MorelloMachine will become famous soon enough. (+50) MorelloMachine will become famous soon enough. (+50) MorelloMachine will become famous soon enough. (+50) MorelloMachine will become famous soon enough. (+50) MorelloMachine will become famous soon enough. (+50) MorelloMachine will become famous soon enough. (+50) MorelloMachine will become famous soon enough. (+50) MorelloMachine will become famous soon enough. (+50) MorelloMachine will become famous soon enough. (+50) MorelloMachine will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Tell the staff!

uMimen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) uMimen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) uMimen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) uMimen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) uMimen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) uMimen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) uMimen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) uMimen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) uMimen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) uMimen has a spectacular aura about. (+250) uMimen has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by MorelloMachine View Post
    Tell the staff!
    the staff doesnt do anything. They just tell her to let people work in. and she sits there with her headphones in hanging there even after being told.
    I REP Back 350+

Trying to get to dat 1337 rep powa

******* No fap until 2012 crew ******

kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz
    Walk right over to her and ask her how many sets she has left? Sit somewhere close and wait a few minutes. If she ignores you and refuses to move, then move her godamn bench out of the way. Set yourself up for whatever exercise you need to do and go on doing what you're doing. She'll get the hint.

I train at an oldschool/hardcore gym. If any member tried pulling this type of stuff, you'd be bodily removed from the equipment and physically thrown out the front door...

Good luck.
    National Level Competitor (Female BB)

MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrB1g is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    What the hell does this have to do with giving advice?

Tell her to hurry the **** up.

1972girl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1972girl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1972girl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1972girl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1972girl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1972girl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1972girl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1972girl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1972girl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1972girl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1972girl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by kimm4 View Post
    Walk right over to her and ask her how many sets she has left? Sit somewhere close and wait a few minutes. If she ignores you and refuses to move, then move her godamn bench out of the way. Set yourself up for whatever exercise you need to do and go on doing what you're doing. She'll get the hint.

I train at an oldschool/hardcore gym. If any member tried pulling this type of stuff, you'd be bodily removed from the equipment and physically thrown out the front door...

Good luck.
    This^^^^ For some reason I don't feel bad at the gym telling someone not to talk to me or I pay to use the equipment also, or making a$$holes feel uncomfortable.(wasent always like this)

And I never give advice unless they ask because:
    1. I don't care what you do or what you think your doing.
    2. Even though I have learned a lot I don't feel qualified to walk up to strangers and tell them they are doing it wrong. That's what trainers get payed for.
    3. I don't know what there goals are if they are rehabbing an injury or on the advice of a doctor.
    4. I don't want their advice, why would I think they want mine.

When it comes down to it I'm nice to people in the gym and if they ask for my advice I just tell them " I don't know every thing but I will give you my personal opinion". If some is doing something rud I can guarantee that they wont stop if nobody speaks up.

sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by uMimen View Post
    As many have said, these are 2 different issues. If you see someone doing unproductive work, don't tell them. It's their business, and unless they ask you, you shouldn't give advice to strangers. We are all free individuals, and if they want to spend 2 hours at the gym f*cking around, they can totally do it.
    That she's taking up equipment for an hour is a different matter. You can
    - Ask in a decisive manner when she's going to be done because you need to work out too.
    - Talk to gym management.
    - Simply elbow your way in. Seriously, if the other 2 don't work, just start working out in her personal space. If she's going to be rude, then you have every right to be rude back.

Edit: what gym is that? I am in the same area.
    Follow my 2018 competition prep here:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175566421&p=1547462721#post1547462721

beatha is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beatha is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beatha is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beatha is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beatha is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beatha is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beatha is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beatha is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beatha is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beatha is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beatha is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    move her godamn bench out of the way. Set yourself up for whatever exercise you need to do and go on doing what you're doing.
    ^^ go hardcore, i like it
    "Ego kills spirit. Find confidence in your own progress not in comparison to others." - me waking up 11/21/15

"It does not have to be a perfect workout; just be consistent" - my obi-wan

On my way to new levels in 2017
    347 / 209 / DL 408 / 964.5 / Wilks 429.013

"Stay humble" - B*itch that lifts > me

LoraJR72 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LoraJR72 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LoraJR72 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LoraJR72 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LoraJR72 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LoraJR72 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LoraJR72 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LoraJR72 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LoraJR72 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LoraJR72 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LoraJR72 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I always appreciate when someone comes over to show me something if my form is wrong. I feel embarrassed but much better than being injured!

I would definitely say something to the staff about her.
    Believe you can and you're halfway there. - Theodore Roosevelt

kjake55 is just really nice. (+1000) kjake55 is just really nice. (+1000) kjake55 is just really nice. (+1000) kjake55 is just really nice. (+1000) kjake55 is just really nice. (+1000) kjake55 is just really nice. (+1000) kjake55 is just really nice. (+1000) kjake55 is just really nice. (+1000) kjake55 is just really nice. (+1000) kjake55 is just really nice. (+1000) kjake55 is just really nice. (+1000)

Good luck.
    This, without a doubt.

Originally Posted by 1972girl View Post
    This^^^^ For some reason I don't feel bad at the gym telling someone not to talk to me or I pay to use the equipment also, or making a$$holes feel uncomfortable.(wasent always like this)

And I never give advice unless they ask because:
    1. I don't care what you do or what you think your doing.
    2. Even though I have learned a lot I don't feel qualified to walk up to strangers and tell them they are doing it wrong. That's what trainers get payed for.
    3. I don't know what there goals are if they are rehabbing an injury or on the advice of a doctor.
    4. I don't want their advice, why would I think they want mine.

When it comes down to it I'm nice to people in the gym and if they ask for my advice I just tell them " I don't know every thing but I will give you my personal opinion". If some is doing something rud I can guarantee that they wont stop if nobody speaks up.
    And this to.
    You have to train your mind the same way you train your body. You must protect it against the negative and feed it with the positive. Be mindful of what you watch, what you read and who you allow to influence you. Learn to consider your thoughts emotions and actions. Trust your gut face your fears head on and never quit. AJ Roberts

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=143102443

foresail has a spectacular aura about. (+250) foresail has a spectacular aura about. (+250) foresail has a spectacular aura about. (+250) foresail has a spectacular aura about. (+250) foresail has a spectacular aura about. (+250) foresail has a spectacular aura about. (+250) foresail has a spectacular aura about. (+250) foresail has a spectacular aura about. (+250) foresail has a spectacular aura about. (+250) foresail has a spectacular aura about. (+250) foresail has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I like kimm’s and sy2502’s advice to encourage this woman to move on.

TBH, I took a different approach in handling a woman who camped out on one of two seated row machines for over an hour each time she came in my gym. Some of the guys enjoy working out on these but were very hesitant to speak to her. She didn’t seem to care they all had to share the other machine. One day, I approached and informed her that particular machine was not designed for women’s bodies. If not careful, she could easily end up with a man’s physique. She hasn’t touched it since then. Somewhat mean, but it worked.