Thread: when on a cut

tinktinktink is not very well liked. (-100) tinktinktink is not very well liked. (-100) tinktinktink is not very well liked. (-100) tinktinktink is not very well liked. (-100) tinktinktink is not very well liked. (-100) tinktinktink is not very well liked. (-100) tinktinktink is not very well liked. (-100) tinktinktink is not very well liked. (-100) tinktinktink is not very well liked. (-100) tinktinktink is not very well liked. (-100) tinktinktink is not very well liked. (-100)

when on a cut

how often do you weigh/take measurements?

i take my measurements once every 3 months and weigh once a week but im thinking of only weight once a month or even once every 3 months when i take my measurements

how often do you do it? if at all
    im a girl who lifts

the girl with the 19 inch calves

birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) birdiefu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Do measurements more frequently and weight less. When on my first cut (with most substantial loss), I noticed good progress without going crazy measuring/weighing every 2 weeks. Currently I generally measure and weight once a month, unless I am feeling particularly lean I may measure for fun.
    Gym PRs:
    SQ: 360 x 1, BP: 165 x 1, DL: 330 x 2, OHP: 110 x 2

Best meet lifts (raw w/wraps):
    SQ: 365, BP: 155, DL: 350, Elite total of 870 @165

Closest thing to a log, but better cause it's vids! = www.youtube.com/user/birdiefu

tinktinktink is not very well liked. (-100) tinktinktink is not very well liked. (-100) tinktinktink is not very well liked. (-100) tinktinktink is not very well liked. (-100) tinktinktink is not very well liked. (-100) tinktinktink is not very well liked. (-100) tinktinktink is not very well liked. (-100) tinktinktink is not very well liked. (-100) tinktinktink is not very well liked. (-100) tinktinktink is not very well liked. (-100) tinktinktink is not very well liked. (-100)
    yeah im defo gonna weigh less from new year
    im a girl who lifts

Katelyn357 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Katelyn357 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Katelyn357 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Katelyn357 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Katelyn357 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Katelyn357 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Katelyn357 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Katelyn357 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Katelyn357 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Katelyn357 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I used to be someone who weighed myself ever morning and the number determined how my day would be, now I just weigh/measure once every 2 weeks and I have found to really enjoy this. I think every two weeks works for me because I focus more on how I feel and not the numbers, yet I still get to see the numbers change every 2 weeks. It is a good way of knowing if what I am doing is working or not. I would say measure 1-2 times a month and weigh every 2 weeks...but thats just me.

AnnieOlson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AnnieOlson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AnnieOlson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AnnieOlson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AnnieOlson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AnnieOlson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AnnieOlson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AnnieOlson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AnnieOlson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AnnieOlson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AnnieOlson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    i weigh/measure myself weekly usually. whatever you choose, be consistent with it.
    Cutting from 175lbs to 135lbs, see my journey: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=133641461

"Ordinary people evade facts, become inconsistent, or systematically defend themselves against the threat of new information relevant to issues [about which they have preconceived ideas]." - Cognitive Psychologist Peter Wason, 1981

Come join me: http://www.********.com/TheWellnessChick

Ditched the hooker heels! elainedeluca's Avatar
    elainedeluca will become famous soon enough. (+50) elainedeluca will become famous soon enough. (+50) elainedeluca will become famous soon enough. (+50) elainedeluca will become famous soon enough. (+50) elainedeluca will become famous soon enough. (+50) elainedeluca will become famous soon enough. (+50) elainedeluca will become famous soon enough. (+50) elainedeluca will become famous soon enough. (+50) elainedeluca will become famous soon enough. (+50) elainedeluca will become famous soon enough. (+50) elainedeluca will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    When I was cutting for contest, I admit I was a little nuts about weight/measurements--every 2-3 days, now just once a week to make sure my bulk doesn't get too out of hand, lol. Only want to put on about 5-6 lbs, before I cut again for March. For the normal person, I think once a week for measurements/weight will keep you on target and not drive you insane. Weight fluctuates on a day to day basis for many reasons. You could weigh 2 lbs more on a given day, yet lose 1/2" on your waist measurement.
    ********: http://www.********.com/Chickthatlifts
    ******** Fan Page: http://www.********.com/ChickThatLiftsElaineDeLuca
    Twitter: @chickthatlifts
    Blog: http://www.chickthatlifts.com

Top Secret Nutrition Sponsored Athlete

Dedication + motivation = annihilation
    Live, love, lift

didances has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) didances has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) didances has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) didances has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) didances has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) didances has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) didances has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I weigh once a week, measure once a month. Every once in awhile I'll start weighing 2x a week or more often if I start noticing odd bloat or something else that seems off. The weight gives me a general idea of what's going on even though things like PMS and random bloating can make the number wonky. Measurements give me a true idea of what's going on and where I am/am not making progress.

ManWithCurls is just really nice. (+1000) ManWithCurls is just really nice. (+1000) ManWithCurls is just really nice. (+1000) ManWithCurls is just really nice. (+1000) ManWithCurls is just really nice. (+1000) ManWithCurls is just really nice. (+1000) ManWithCurls is just really nice. (+1000) ManWithCurls is just really nice. (+1000) ManWithCurls is just really nice. (+1000) ManWithCurls is just really nice. (+1000) ManWithCurls is just really nice. (+1000)
    Weight yourself once a week on the same day of the week and upon waking up so as to obtain the most reliable reading.

Measurements I recommend to be taken once a month because by this time, most areas measured have down as opposed to doing it on a weekly basis and only seeing one measurement going down. The more measurements you see going down at once, the more you will keep motivated to continue, hence there is a mental element to my recommendation which has worked very well for me and others I have put on a cut.

All the best.

oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I think it depends on how much you have to lose. People who are very overweight (25+ lbs) will probably see a noticeable change on the scale weekly. Those who are close to goal weight, like within 5 lbs, depending on how drastic a calorie deficit, might only see the scale change monthly, due to water fluctuations.
    "Start where you are. It's never too late to change your life."

Originally Posted by oregonchick76 View Post
    I think it depends on how much you have to lose. People who are very overweight (25+ lbs) will probably see a noticeable change on the scale weekly. Those who are close to goal weight, like within 5 lbs, depending on how drastic a calorie deficit, might only see the scale change monthly, due to water fluctuations.

see, the thing is with me i dont notice it week to week, some times i lose nothing, sometimes very little (0.5lb) and those weeks are very demotivating but sometimes i see a 1.75-2.75lbs loss and those weeks are very encouraging lol

thanks for the advice guys and girls
    im a girl who lifts

AnnieOlson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AnnieOlson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AnnieOlson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AnnieOlson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AnnieOlson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AnnieOlson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AnnieOlson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AnnieOlson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AnnieOlson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AnnieOlson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AnnieOlson is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by tinktinktink View Post
    see, the thing is with me i dont notice it week to week, some times i lose nothing, sometimes very little (0.5lb) and those weeks are very demotivating but sometimes i see a 1.75-2.75lbs loss and those weeks are very encouraging lol

thanks for the advice guys and girls
    When I first started cutting, I didn't notice much changes in the first month or so, I dropped 4lbs the first month but I basically looked the same. Later on I started dropping more weight on a consistent basis. Funny thing is I'm eating the same calories I did when I first started cutting and I'm dropping weight easily. I remember some guy on here said I should be dropping my calories because he didn't think I was leaning out, but I didn't listen to him...good thing I didn't. Dropped nearly 40lbs so far.
    Cutting from 175lbs to 135lbs, see my journey: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=133641461

"Ordinary people evade facts, become inconsistent, or systematically defend themselves against the threat of new information relevant to issues [about which they have preconceived ideas]." - Cognitive Psychologist Peter Wason, 1981

Come join me: http://www.********.com/TheWellnessChick

Originally Posted by AnnieOlson View Post
    When I first started cutting, I didn't notice much changes in the first month or so, I dropped 4lbs the first month but I basically looked the same. Later on I started dropping more weight on a consistent basis. Funny thing is I'm eating the same calories I did when I first started cutting and I'm dropping weight easily. I remember some guy on here said I should be dropping my calories because he didn't think I was leaning out, but I didn't listen to him...good thing I didn't. Dropped nearly 40lbs so far.
    well done on the loss
    im a girl who lifts

nitro05 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    This may sound a little odd, but I actually take my measurements once a week. I know most people probably don't do this, but for me it helps to always know where my progress is
    *****Learn 10 INSANELY Easy Techniques to Reduce Weight FAST*****

>>>>>Download the Brand NEW 2012 Weight Loss Ebook for FREE!<<<<<

http://www.weightloss-tactics.com

grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I weigh every morning, but more because I have to track hydration and weight. It's just part of my journal. I never take measurements, I don't have a need for that. It certainly doesn't have any effect on my mood or day.

Echo2k3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Echo2k3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Echo2k3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Echo2k3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Echo2k3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Echo2k3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Echo2k3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Echo2k3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Echo2k3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Echo2k3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Echo2k3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I measure weekly, I try not to weigh to often as in the past I have been known to weigh myself multiple times a day.

In 3 weeks I have lost 2.5kgs and 3cm off my thighs, 3cm off my hips and 2cm off my waist... Somy measurement are keeping me motivated rather then the dreaded scales

BRB - Gettin' shredded FemmeFatale28's Avatar
    FemmeFatale28 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FemmeFatale28 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FemmeFatale28 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FemmeFatale28 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FemmeFatale28 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FemmeFatale28 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FemmeFatale28 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FemmeFatale28 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FemmeFatale28 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FemmeFatale28 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FemmeFatale28 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I commented on another thread of yours referencing the same thing. When I first start a cut weighing once a month and measurements weekly are more motivating.. then when you get pretty lean rely more on pictures than the scale or taping. Stupid scales.