20means has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 20means has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 20means has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 20means has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 20means has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 20means has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 20means has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 20means has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 20means has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 20means has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 20means has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

online personal trainer wanted

I am looking for an online personal trainer to work with. I don't have a ton of money and can't afford hundreds of dollars a month, but at the same time I don't expect someone to devote their time to me for free either.

Some background on me is as follows:

Over the past 2 years I've lost over 100 pounds mostly reading stuff online and working out in the gym. I started just doing cardio only and then incorporated some strength training with dumbbells. I also used a personal trainer at the local gym for a few months. During this time I never once did a barbell press, back squat, or deadlift. I've went to all the local gyms and talked with the personal trainers but they aren't for me. With talking with them or others who goto the gym they all seem to do the total body work out. Seems to me it's all more of a run around cardio weight circuit with no rest inbetween exercises.

After stopping using the personal trainer I went with my own 3 day split routine of legs/shoulders, chest/tri, and back bi doing squat, bench, and deads. Seen quite a bit of progress and went up about 30% in all lifts and lost quit a few inches in my chest, hips, and waist but didn't lose really any weight. Then again I never lifted weights my entire life so the gains were expected. I wasn't too worried about not losing the weight since I was losing inches and I was increasing the amount I could lift. Up until this point I think my diet was spot on, but seemed every week my stomach would hurt and I'd just eat everything in the house 1 day a week as my body was really craving food. I also think at this time I was trying to do too many exercises and too many sets.

Since then the past 4-6 months I seem to have really stalled and haven't lost much weight, inches or upped in my lifts. My goals aren't to be a bodybuilder or lift a ton of weight. I'd like to drop about another 50 pounds and at the same time another 10+ inches around my waist and lose body fat. I'd be fine around the 15% bodyfat mark.

feistyfreckles has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Check out precision nutrition.com. They have an awesome year program for exercise and nutrition and the mind game of changing your lifestyle.

If you want something different then my apologies. I just wanted to say it is a great site.

Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Cheftepesh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    PM me and we can discuss what you need
    If you not feeling the burn your not pushing hard enough.
    "Don't talk about it, be about it" MK
    Change, Challenge, Compete

NightCrawler12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NightCrawler12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NightCrawler12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NightCrawler12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NightCrawler12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NightCrawler12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NightCrawler12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by 20means View Post
    I am looking for an online personal trainer to work with. I don't have a ton of money and can't afford hundreds of dollars a month, but at the same time I don't expect someone to devote their time to me for free either.
    Another option might be something like the Men's Health Online Personal Trainer (mhpersonaltrainer.com). You put your goals into the site, types of routines you'd like to do, and it comes up with a custom plan. Supposedly they have personal trainers behind the scenes monitoring and suggesting things, but I don't know for sure. This would be a good economical choice to check out. Comes with a free trial.

20means has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 20means has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 20means has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 20means has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 20means has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 20means has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 20means has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 20means has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 20means has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 20means has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 20means has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm looking for 1 on 1 attention for guidance with my diet and workout routine. Those sites seem to be a 1 size fits all and if you do what their little computer says you should lose some weight. Then again doing anything is better than nothing but it's not for me. I did look into them when I originally started losing weight and didn't care for them.

JJRadical has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Size is a function of eating. Want to lose weight? Close your mouth.

Thank you for your very helpful post. You seem like a real internet tough guy with a large epenis while in real life is a 40 yr old living in moms basement

Originally Posted by JJRadical View Post
    Size is a function of eating. Want to lose weight? Close your mouth.

Thank you for your very helpful post. You seem like a real internet tough guy with a large epenis while in real life is a 40 yr old living in moms basement
    Sorry if that statement came off alot harsher than i meant it too but sometimes losing weight is just that simple.

I'll keep u in my prayers PlsStaySafe's Avatar
    PlsStaySafe will become famous soon enough. (+50) PlsStaySafe will become famous soon enough. (+50) PlsStaySafe will become famous soon enough. (+50) PlsStaySafe will become famous soon enough. (+50) PlsStaySafe will become famous soon enough. (+50) PlsStaySafe will become famous soon enough. (+50) PlsStaySafe will become famous soon enough. (+50) PlsStaySafe will become famous soon enough. (+50) PlsStaySafe will become famous soon enough. (+50) PlsStaySafe will become famous soon enough. (+50) PlsStaySafe will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    There is nothing wrong of hiring online PT. The problem is , you won't find what you need. The expensive or good ones won't give 2 shyts about u either. My advice is , do it your own. Buy Burn the Fat feed the muscles by Tom Venuto (as a start) and you will save yourself lots of time and lots of $$

Originally Posted by PlsStaySafe View Post
    There is nothing wrong of hiring online PT. The problem is , you won't find what you need. The expensive or good ones won't give 2 shyts about u either. My advice is , do it your own. Buy Burn the Fat feed the muscles by Tom Venuto (as a start) and you will save yourself lots of time and lots of $$
    I have that book and his other book along with new rules of lifting by Schuler & Cosgrove. Those along with the people I follow on twitter, blogs, and ******** pages have really helped me gain knowledge and get me to where I am today.

With having stalled the past few months I'm looking for 1 on 1 help. I think the first 50-75 pounds were pretty easy just applying the basic info from those books and online sites. Just need some help with the diet/exercise routine to help reach my goal.

Really wish there were decent personal trainers in my area to meet in person with. We just have the chain fitness centers around here that want you to come in for a 30 minute session and run around doing different exercises with no rest. When I asked questions about their diet and nutritioin program I get a deer in the headlights look or a bunch of generalizations.

PlsStaySafe will become famous soon enough. (+50) PlsStaySafe will become famous soon enough. (+50) PlsStaySafe will become famous soon enough. (+50) PlsStaySafe will become famous soon enough. (+50) PlsStaySafe will become famous soon enough. (+50) PlsStaySafe will become famous soon enough. (+50) PlsStaySafe will become famous soon enough. (+50) PlsStaySafe will become famous soon enough. (+50) PlsStaySafe will become famous soon enough. (+50) PlsStaySafe will become famous soon enough. (+50) PlsStaySafe will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I have that book and his other book along with new rules of lifting by Schuler & Cosgrove. Those along with the people I follow on twitter, blogs, and ******** pages have really helped me gain knowledge and get me to where I am today.

With having stalled the past few months I'm looking for 1 on 1 help. I think the first 50-75 pounds were pretty easy just applying the basic info from those books and online sites. Just need some help with the diet/exercise routine to help reach my goal.

Really wish there were decent personal trainers in my area to meet in person with. We just have the chain fitness centers around here that want you to come in for a 30 minute session and run around doing different exercises with no rest. When I asked questions about their diet and nutritioin program I get a deer in the headlights look or a bunch of generalizations.
    If you read BFFM and have a basic knowledge of nutrition and exercise , you won't need a PT. Here I tell you the secret.

Diet: Calculate TDEE think substract 20% of calories. 1 gram protein per lb , rest doesnt really matter much.
    Workout Program: Starting strength - Madcow 5x5 - All Pros routines - HST - Dogg Crapp - Layne Norton Routine..etc, Just make sure u r increasing poundage lifted day by day.

If you really need a good PT. Then read journals in workout section and see which bodybuilder knows his stuff and not just a guy who is good at cycling testosterone. Don't listen to ads or a pic of ripped bodybuilder.

The more stuff I read the more I think I'm doing it wrong and the last few months I've been struggling. Figured the generalized stuff from what I've read has gotten me this far and I need help to reach my goal, because what I'm doing now isn't working.

Here's a few examples of why I'm looking for someone to work with individually. Motivation, accountability, etc isn't an issue.

On lifting days I'm suppose to eat more. I really question that because if I am working out later at night why would I eat more the entire day? Wouldn't eat be smarter to have a decent meal about an hour before workout or just afterwards? Not sure why I need to eat a bunch more in the morning and lunch just to eat.

I wake up and eat breakfast, some days I think I'm just eating breakfast just to eat and I'm not remotely even hungry. Can't I just skip it and have a late morning snack? To me that seems wiser and I had a larger calorie deficit for the day since I wasn't hungry for breakfast.

Read in numerous areas I should have a protein shake afterwork. Why? if I'm getting enough protein for the day and eating protein 15-20 minutes after working out isn't that enough? Seems like a waste to buy protein powder.

I shouldn't drop below 2000 calories a day eating because that's bad. If I am on a rest day and my job is sedentary why can't I eat like 1400 calories that day? I didn't really do anything all day to justify the extra calories. To me 11 egg whites 1 whole egg and blueberries for breakfast, chicken breast & nonfat cottage cheese for lunch, apple or yogurt for afternoon snack, and a pound of tilapia for dinner is more than filling on a day like that. 1390 calories, 22 fat, 51 carbs, 236 protein according to fitday.com

I've mixed it up to only doing a couple weeks of cardio interval only. During this time I was able to eat quite a bit less calories and never really had hunger issues at all. 1800-2000 calories was plenty. I go back to weight training and I'll up the calories on weight days but it seems at least 1 day a week I'm just starving. Such as will wake up in the middle of the night with a side ache and will need to grab something out of the fridge, or 2 hours after dinner just need to eat. Since dinner was already made this is where the bad eating happens such as grabbing the kids leftover mac n cheese or eating 2 bowls of cereal or 1/2 container of cottage cheese or 4-5 string cheeses etc. Am I weight training too much and this is causing my hunger binges or is my daily food intake that day just too low? Seems it can't be the food intake too low because if it was wouldn't I be losing more weight?

Thanks for reading my long winded book.

working out all kinds of questions on the cardio side and should I do it on days after lifting weights and if so how intense? What about the intensity on nonlifting days? I don't rely on the machines so I use my own heart rate monitor that straps around my chest.

I've done lift and then light cardio afterwards, no cardio afterwards, interval afterwards, moderate afterwards. What's better? On my leg day they are pretty shredded so I don't do cardio afterwards since I feel like a weeble wobble. Is that bad did I do too much on leg day and should dial it back to do cardio?

How long for cardio on weight days? I'm guessing that's partly determined by intensity. Same with cardio only days? What about rest days? come at the end of the week for 1 day or should I take 2 off?

I know when lifting I'm suppose to up the weight and progress, but does that mean every exercise I should be upping or try to get at least one of the exercises upped? Lately just hitting what I did for weight/reps the time before is challenging enough. I up the weights the smallest amount and my reps drop to 2-4 max Is that bad? What about the next set should I stay at that upped weight or go back to the other weight until I can hit x number of reps.

For instance flat barbell bench press. "note I suck at it and never lifted as a kid so I'm pretty weak at it" I haven't seen an increase in weight or reps in the past 3 months. Same for the incline press. On a positive note I can do more fly's and pushups just can't get the bench exercises to improve.

You are all over the place dude. I'll train you via email but each response is going to be $50 up front. Neither yours or my email can be more than 100 words.

Originally Posted by JJRadical View Post
    You are all over the place dude. I'll train you via email but each response is going to be $50 up front. Neither yours or my email can be more than 100 words.
    How much would you charge to not post in my thread or pm me?

Lol...sorry again...just get back to basics...quite measuring food...drink water...eat 3-4 healthy but not deprived meals a day...do compound lifts 2-3x/week depending on how you recover...and go walking and gradually progess. Keep a journal and you'll answer most of your own questions. I have never pmed you so stop being a victim.

mr.catalano has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey man name is domenick catalano I am a personal trainer and I can help you out asap I'm very affordable to let me know my friend I have been trained by the best and I got my certification threw the best Lee Haney 8 x Mr
    Olympia

Over the past 2 years I've lost over 100 pounds mostly reading stuff online and working out in the gym. I started just doing cardio only and then incorporated some strength training with dumbbells. I also used a personal trainer at the local gym for a few months. During this time I never once did a barbell press, back squat, or deadlift. I've went to all the local gyms and talked with the personal trainers but they aren't for me. With talking with them or others who goto the gym they all seem to do the total body work out. Seems to me it's all more of a run around cardio weight circuit with no rest inbetween exercises.

After stopping using the personal trainer I went with my own 3 day split routine of legs/shoulders, chest/tri, and back bi doing squat, bench, and deads. Seen quite a bit of progress and went up about 30% in all lifts and lost quit a few inches in my chest, hips, and waist but didn't lose really any weight. Then again I never lifted weights my entire life so the gains were expected. I wasn't too worried about not losing the weight since I was losing inches and I was increasing the amount I could lift. Up until this point I think my diet was spot on, but seemed every week my stomach would hurt and I'd just eat everything in the house 1 day a week as my body was really craving food. I also think at this time I was trying to do too many exercises and too many sets.

Since then the past 4-6 months I seem to have really stalled and haven't lost much weight, inches or upped in my lifts. My goals aren't to be a bodybuilder or lift a ton of weight. I'd like to drop about another 50 pounds and at the same time another 10+ inches around my waist and lose body fat. I'd be fine around the 15% bodyfat mark.

jamezp is on a distinguished road. (+10) jamezp is on a distinguished road. (+10) jamezp is on a distinguished road. (+10) jamezp is on a distinguished road. (+10) jamezp is on a distinguished road. (+10) jamezp is on a distinguished road. (+10) jamezp is on a distinguished road. (+10) jamezp is on a distinguished road. (+10) jamezp is on a distinguished road. (+10) jamezp is on a distinguished road. (+10) jamezp is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I'd just eat everything in the house 1 day a week as my body was really craving food. I also think at this time I was trying to do too many exercises and too many sets.

Hey mate,

The "problem" with exercising is that we tend to eat more BECAUSE of exercising. Now I'm not saying that you should stop exercising but you might need to focus on getting your diet and cravings under control first. Maybe reduce the intensity of your workouts a bit so you don't feel so much out of power after a workout and really focus on adapting a diet that keeps you in a caloric deficit and stops your cravings or at least makes your cravings less intense.

I know what I've just wrote may sound controversial but from what you've said (see quote above) I'm pretty sure this is what's happening to you at the moment. Losing weight and/or body fat mostly depends on your diet - exercising is just a nice addition to make it go faster and/or build up your muscle as you loose weight/body fat. However, if you eat more BECAUSE of exercising, that jeopardizes your whole diet.

Anyways, I also wanted to say that I find it amazing how you've dropped 100lbs and kept working out over 2 years. I'm sure you'll reach your goal, I bet.
    Discover the Most Effective Calves Exercises. Just go to www.CalvesExercises.com.

The more stuff I read the more I think I'm doing it wrong and the last few months I've been struggling. Figured the generalized stuff from what I've read has gotten me this far and I need help to reach my goal, because what I'm doing now isn't working.

Here's a few examples of why I'm looking for someone to work with individually. Motivation, accountability, etc isn't an issue.

On lifting days I'm suppose to eat more. I really question that because if I am working out later at night why would I eat more the entire day? Wouldn't eat be smarter to have a decent meal about an hour before workout or just afterwards? Not sure why I need to eat a bunch more in the morning and lunch just to eat.

There is no need to eat more on workout day. But you may benefit from carbohydrates and caffeine before workout. Body composition will change over weeks and weeks of dieting. I am not obsessed with breaking down calories to days or hours

I wake up and eat breakfast, some days I think I'm just eating breakfast just to eat and I'm not remotely even hungry. Can't I just skip it and have a late morning snack? To me that seems wiser and I had a larger calorie deficit for the day since I wasn't hungry for breakfast.
    There are tons of people who swears by Intermittent Fasting. Studies show that eating breakfast is more optimal. The choice is yours ,but I prefer eating good breakfast

Read in numerous areas I should have a protein shake afterwork. Why? if I'm getting enough protein for the day and eating protein 15-20 minutes after working out isn't that enough? Seems like a waste to buy protein powder.
    Yes ,if you are getting enough protein ,powder is not necessary. But to me ,its more convenient to consume 25 grams protein per scoop. Whey protein also has other benefits. But it is not necessary

I shouldn't drop below 2000 calories a day eating because that's bad. If I am on a rest day and my job is sedentary why can't I eat like 1400 calories that day? I didn't really do anything all day to justify the extra calories. To me 11 egg whites 1 whole egg and blueberries for breakfast, chicken breast & nonfat cottage cheese for lunch, apple or yogurt for afternoon snack, and a pound of tilapia for dinner is more than filling on a day like that. 1390 calories, 22 fat, 51 carbs, 236 protein according to fitday.com

Eating down to 1400 calories is not a problem. But doing it for a long time in conjunction with heavy weight lifting ,will drain you and lead to over training ,bad mood ,hunger and fatigue. You can eat 1400 calories every now and then ,no problem

I've mixed it up to only doing a couple weeks of cardio interval only. During this time I was able to eat quite a bit less calories and never really had hunger issues at all. 1800-2000 calories was plenty. I go back to weight training and I'll up the calories on weight days but it seems at least 1 day a week I'm just starving. Such as will wake up in the middle of the night with a side ache and will need to grab something out of the fridge, or 2 hours after dinner just need to eat. Since dinner was already made this is where the bad eating happens such as grabbing the kids leftover mac n cheese or eating 2 bowls of cereal or 1/2 container of cottage cheese or 4-5 string cheeses etc. Am I weight training too much and this is causing my hunger binges or is my daily food intake that day just too low? Seems it can't be the food intake too low because if it was wouldn't I be losing more weight?

To help with midnight craving , I put chocolate cereal + 3% milk +whey in the fridge ,and then wake up at 2-3 A.M and eat it! I count these calories towards next day breakfast. Sometimes I put couple of fruits next to my bed. Be prepared! Don't wake up and eat cookies and cake from the fridge!

Thanks for reading my long winded book.

working out all kinds of questions on the cardio side and should I do it on days after lifting weights and if so how intense? What about the intensity on nonlifting days? I don't rely on the machines so I use my own heart rate monitor that straps around my chest.

Intensity of cardio may depend on your calories. Avoid over training. Medium or low intensity after weight lifting is fine. Just try to burn calories , don't care about intensity ,unless you are training for a sport.

I've done lift and then light cardio afterwards, no cardio afterwards, interval afterwards, moderate afterwards. What's better? On my leg day they are pretty shredded so I don't do cardio afterwards since I feel like a weeble wobble. Is that bad did I do too much on leg day and should dial it back to do cardio?
    I don't do Cardio on legs day either!

How long for cardio on weight days? I'm guessing that's partly determined by intensity. Same with cardio only days? What about rest days? come at the end of the week for 1 day or should I take 2 off?
    Try to burn 200-300 calories ,intensity doesn't matter

I know when lifting I'm suppose to up the weight and progress, but does that mean every exercise I should be upping or try to get at least one of the exercises upped? Lately just hitting what I did for weight/reps the time before is challenging enough. I up the weights the smallest amount and my reps drop to 2-4 max Is that bad? What about the next set should I stay at that upped weight or go back to the other weight until I can hit x number of reps.

For instance flat barbell bench press. "note I suck at it and never lifted as a kid so I'm pretty weak at it" I haven't seen an increase in weight or reps in the past 3 months. Same for the incline press. On a positive note I can do more fly's and pushups just can't get the bench exercises to improve.

To get bench press improved
    http ://joeskopec.com/edcoanbench.html
    Thats only a suggestion. I believe trainers here know better than me. Also most of your questions can be googled.

61 years old, Old School flathead's Avatar
    flathead is on a distinguished road. (+10) flathead is on a distinguished road. (+10) flathead is on a distinguished road. (+10) flathead is on a distinguished road. (+10) flathead is on a distinguished road. (+10) flathead is on a distinguished road. (+10) flathead is on a distinguished road. (+10) flathead is on a distinguished road. (+10) flathead is on a distinguished road. (+10) flathead is on a distinguished road. (+10) flathead is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Smile Online trainer www.tedpostbodybuilding.com

Hi, I would be happy to help you. Please go to my website and read the free training book.
    wwwtedpostbodybuilding.com It might be all you need to get on track. If not see my services section for prices. I start at a schedule for $100 to be paid after you are happy with the program. I give free evaluations from the pictures you send me.
    Good luck in your efforts. Ted Post
    Flathead (Ted Post)

flatheadbb@yahoo.com
    Free bb & Figure booklets
    I love to help the sport
    www.tedpostbodybuilding.com

happyab has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) happyab has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) happyab has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) happyab has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) happyab has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) happyab has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) happyab has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) happyab has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) happyab has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) happyab has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) happyab has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    can yo tell me

happyab has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) happyab has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) happyab has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) happyab has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) happyab has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) happyab has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) happyab has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) happyab has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) happyab has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) happyab has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) happyab has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    who is the best winner?

no use to

Fitnesbodyclub has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Experience the finest sports, personal training and makeover service in Los Angeles. Our unparalleled service and professionalism make us the standard in the industry.
    Achieve your weight loss or lean muscle building goals with Hollywood Elite Personal Trainer Max 'The Body' Philisaire.

hollywoodbodyclub.com