I have been looking at various videos on Youtube and elsewhere on how to do a proper wall slide; however all of videos seem to perform the wall slides differently or missing a step that another video includes. Would someone be able to give the proper instructions on how to do a wall slide with good form?
Here is how I have taken it on how they should be performed.
1. Get into a squat position with your butt up against the wall and your feet angled away from the wall. Your thighs should form a 90 degree angle with the wall.
2. Make sure your lower back and butt are touching the wall.
3. Contract your shoulder blades down and pinch together.
4. Form a "W" with your arms while keeping your shoulder blades down and pinched, and make sure the back of your hands, elbow, lower back, and butt are touching the wall.
5. Slide your arms up as far as they will go; while making sure that your shoulder blades stay down and pinched, and that your hands, elbow, lower back, and butt maintain contact with the wall throughout the motion.
6. Slide your arms back down as far as they will go; while making sure that shoulder stay down and pinched, and that your hands, elbow, lower back, and butt maintain contact with the wall throughout the motion.
Is that the correct way of doing a wall slide?
Thread: Proper Way to do a Wall Slide