Wronka is on a distinguished road. (+10) Wronka is on a distinguished road. (+10) Wronka is on a distinguished road. (+10) Wronka is on a distinguished road. (+10) Wronka is on a distinguished road. (+10) Wronka is on a distinguished road. (+10) Wronka is on a distinguished road. (+10) Wronka is on a distinguished road. (+10) Wronka is on a distinguished road. (+10) Wronka is on a distinguished road. (+10) Wronka is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Are rest weeks necessary?

plain and simple. is a rest week every now and then necessary when doing a heavy lifting bulk
    Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated failures. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent.

Calvin Coolidge

VIsland has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VIsland has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VIsland has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VIsland has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VIsland has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VIsland has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VIsland has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VIsland has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VIsland has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VIsland has a spectacular aura about. (+250) VIsland has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Wronka View Post
    plain and simple. is a rest week every now and then necessary when doing a heavy lifting bulk

Totally one hundred percent depends on the fitness and conditioning of the athlete. At the high levels some guys have incredible means of recovery and they virually are good to go next day. Others benefit tremendously from the rest and come back better and stronger than ever. There really isn't a definitive answer to the question other than it depends on the individual.

dnixon is on a distinguished road. (+10) dnixon is on a distinguished road. (+10) dnixon is on a distinguished road. (+10) dnixon is on a distinguished road. (+10) dnixon is on a distinguished road. (+10) dnixon is on a distinguished road. (+10) dnixon is on a distinguished road. (+10) dnixon is on a distinguished road. (+10) dnixon is on a distinguished road. (+10) dnixon is on a distinguished road. (+10) dnixon is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Wronka View Post
    I took a de-load week last week and have done the first 2 days of a new routine this week (I train 3 days as heavy as I can go) and I have had lots of energy and increased slightly on around half of the lifts. I'd say go for it. I had a total week off too, not even cardio.

THE HEAVY IRON SQUAD,CUZZ ygbodybuilder10's Avatar
    ygbodybuilder10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ygbodybuilder10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ygbodybuilder10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ygbodybuilder10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ygbodybuilder10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ygbodybuilder10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ygbodybuilder10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ygbodybuilder10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ygbodybuilder10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ygbodybuilder10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ygbodybuilder10 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    i would say yes, gives ur body a chance to rest, let a minor injury heal, and get things done that you couldnt before

angelofangle will become famous soon enough. (+50) angelofangle will become famous soon enough. (+50) angelofangle will become famous soon enough. (+50) angelofangle will become famous soon enough. (+50) angelofangle will become famous soon enough. (+50) angelofangle will become famous soon enough. (+50) angelofangle will become famous soon enough. (+50) angelofangle will become famous soon enough. (+50) angelofangle will become famous soon enough. (+50) angelofangle will become famous soon enough. (+50) angelofangle will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I say yes...but it's really up to you. Depends on how you do it, you can slide by w/o having one. Like with my OLifting coach, when he schedules "rest week" for us it usually a deload where we just lift 50% or something really light rather than a complete rest.
    Purple and Red till the day we're dead! - SigEp

“Don't **** with this. Every bodybuilder seems to have Attention Deficit Disorder and an overwhelming desire to customize everything.” -Madcow2

TheKoiCarp is just really nice. (+1000) TheKoiCarp is just really nice. (+1000) TheKoiCarp is just really nice. (+1000) TheKoiCarp is just really nice. (+1000) TheKoiCarp is just really nice. (+1000) TheKoiCarp is just really nice. (+1000) TheKoiCarp is just really nice. (+1000) TheKoiCarp is just really nice. (+1000) TheKoiCarp is just really nice. (+1000) TheKoiCarp is just really nice. (+1000) TheKoiCarp is just really nice. (+1000)
    Minor niggling injuries are the indication for me to take a week off and recover, so i guess that is my body telling me they are essential.
    Tight lower back? Aching knees? Poor hip flexor mobility? Weak glutes?
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=130876763

-=[Misc Scotch Crew]=-
    ***Misc Cigar Crew***
    ☆☆☆MISC BOXING CREW☆☆☆

GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    It all depends on how you feel. I don't like to lay off and only do so when I'm sick i.e. bad cold/bronchitis and even then, I feel sort of bad for not doing anything. But in my case, it's really better to let my body rest up. Whether you decide to do a deload or rest up entirely depends on how long you've been pushing it in the gym, if you have any minor aches that won't go away--stuff like that. Only you know your body so listen to it and make your choice.
    "Don't call me Miss Kitty. Just...don't."--Catnip. Check out the Catnip Trilogy on Amazon.com

"Chivalry isn't dead. It just wears a skirt."--Twisted, the YA gender bender deal of the century!

Check out my links to Mr. Taxi, Star Maps, and other fine YA Action/Romance novels at http://www.amazon.com/J.S.-Frankel/e/B004XUUTB8/ref=dp_byline_cont_ebooks_1

Back from 2 year break! Atheimetal's Avatar
    Atheimetal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Atheimetal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Atheimetal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Atheimetal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Atheimetal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Atheimetal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Atheimetal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Atheimetal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Atheimetal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Atheimetal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Atheimetal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Instead of rest weeks I would from time to time have weeks where I'd lower the volume and do different exercises, focused a bit more on isometric an eccentric contraction rather than the traditional 'focus on pushing heavy weight'... instead of taking a week off (unless you need it for above reasons.. injuries.. complete fatigue.. etc) just try taking a week where you do something totally different than you'd usually do.

(also - my primary lifts always shot up after weeks where I did that)
    Pennsylvania State University Alumni: Nutritional Sciences

DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    If volume and intensity are at proper level, than rest weeks are essential. 4-5 at minimum evenly spaced throughout the year is a good benchmark to follow.
    Bodybuilding is 60% training and 50% diet. Yes that adds up to 110%, because that's what you should be giving it. Change the inside, and the physique will follow.