Yosinator has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Pullups vs Chinups

Which one do you prefer and why?

Before one of you says they're both the same exercise, they're not. I'm reffering chinups to the supinated grip and pullups to the pronated grip, and they hit the targeted muscles differently although they do hit the same muscles.

I personally prefer pullups as I could see myself using it in real life situation where you dont have a round bar to grip. and I love the way they make the side of my biceps sore.

go.

sogeking is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sogeking is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sogeking is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sogeking is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sogeking is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sogeking is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sogeking is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sogeking is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sogeking is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sogeking is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sogeking is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    chinups hit biceps more
    pullups hit back more

personally i like chinups better
    cause theyre easier

Bruno93 is just really nice. (+1000) Bruno93 is just really nice. (+1000) Bruno93 is just really nice. (+1000) Bruno93 is just really nice. (+1000) Bruno93 is just really nice. (+1000) Bruno93 is just really nice. (+1000) Bruno93 is just really nice. (+1000) Bruno93 is just really nice. (+1000) Bruno93 is just really nice. (+1000) Bruno93 is just really nice. (+1000) Bruno93 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I don´t like how much the biceps come into the play on chin ups. Nothing beats wide grip pullups even though I can´t even get 10 in a row with my BW.
    https://www.instagram.com/brunobastos_93/
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCshN_nywHWNFH836xZ7VjtQ?view_as=subscriber

BitterBlossom is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BitterBlossom is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BitterBlossom is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BitterBlossom is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BitterBlossom is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BitterBlossom is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BitterBlossom is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BitterBlossom is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BitterBlossom is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BitterBlossom is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BitterBlossom is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Weighted Pull Ups.

Those + Squats are bitter's favorite exercises.
    ~ ♥♥ angelus mortis, et medicus damnatorum ♥♥ ~

pignus aeternae gloriae et honoris

Yosinator has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking

Originally Posted by sogeking View Post
    chinups hit biceps more
    pullups hit back more

personally i like chinups better
    cause theyre easier
    I don't think thats true, the difference in bicep recruitment between the exercises is pretty small. Although the pullups do recruit the lats more, the chinups recruit more of the middle back as well.

Gotta' love squeezing the lats at the top of the pull though.

Horse444 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Wide Grip by far, what good are nice biceps without a wide pair of lats.
    People still call me skinny and I am, but I will prove them all wrong they are and I will show everyone what I can become......a monster.

N4tural has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) N4tural has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) N4tural has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) N4tural has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) N4tural has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) N4tural has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) N4tural has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) N4tural has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) N4tural has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) N4tural has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) N4tural has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Pull ups all the way man. When doing pull ups focus on using your lats to pull yourself up, do this and in no time you will notice some noticeable gains in the lat/back area.
    Rep back.

Hater of Lazy People EliteExtra's Avatar
    EliteExtra will become famous soon enough. (+50) EliteExtra will become famous soon enough. (+50) EliteExtra will become famous soon enough. (+50) EliteExtra will become famous soon enough. (+50) EliteExtra will become famous soon enough. (+50) EliteExtra will become famous soon enough. (+50) EliteExtra will become famous soon enough. (+50) EliteExtra will become famous soon enough. (+50) EliteExtra will become famous soon enough. (+50) EliteExtra will become famous soon enough. (+50) EliteExtra will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    wide overhand grip

close neutral grip is pretty good too
    “I'm bloated, puffy and holding a little water. I lack definition, I am lethargic and at times have no ab visibility. But if you can't handle me when I'm bulking, then you sure as hell don't deserve me when I'm shredded.” - Marilyn Munbro

SomeRandom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SomeRandom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SomeRandom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SomeRandom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SomeRandom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SomeRandom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SomeRandom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SomeRandom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SomeRandom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SomeRandom is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SomeRandom is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Chinups recruit the biceps whereas pullups recruit the forearms. Obviously forearms being the weaker muscle pullups use your back more as a result. I prefer chinups because they're easier, the pullup motion feels really awkward and un-natural to me. They both have their place and function though.
    We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then, is not an act, but a habit. -Aristotle

Galatasaray SK
    LFC

Masle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Masle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Masle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Masle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Masle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Masle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Masle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Masle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Masle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Masle is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Masle is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    weighted wide grip pull ups

Imahorsymoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Imahorsymoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Imahorsymoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Imahorsymoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Imahorsymoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Imahorsymoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Imahorsymoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Imahorsymoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Imahorsymoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Imahorsymoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) Imahorsymoo will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Prefer chinups, feel better and more natural.