dunno has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dunno has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dunno has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dunno has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dunno has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dunno has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dunno has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dunno has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dunno has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dunno has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dunno has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

NEED NEW WORKOUT - advice please

Well I have been bodybuilding for about a year and a half now. I turn 16 years old in two weeks. The first 9 months of my bodybuilding consisted of my own 3 day a week full body workout (without squats mind you - was dumb back then). My next 13 or so months i got much more seriouse and came up with a 4 day a week split that included 1 leg day. I have always done 3 sets of each exercise with reps in the 8-12 range, sometimes throwing in supersets and drop sets. Now...after taking the last month and a half off (Xmas break and exams) I am looking to shock my body into new groth.

Since i started working out i have gained 55lbs on the bench, my legs have somewhat improved, and ive almost doubled by bicep curl amount....

Curently I am 6 foot 0...140lbs with a very low BF percentage (about 7-8%) I can bench 115lbs 8 times, full squat only around 75lbs 10 times (kinda messed up my form on the squat and had to start over with proper form), and barbell row about 95 lbs for 10 reps

What would you recomend for me now? my 4day/week split was great but now unfortunatly i can only train 3 times a week. Im looking to pack on some pounds of muscle and improve all my main lifts. especially my SQUATS wich i think have been lagging behind.

BTW i do alot of cardio every week. I am part of a rowing team and we train 4 times a week. I train twice a week on a rowing machine too making 6 cardio sessions per week. I know this might make it hard to bulk up but ill just make sure i eat lots to compensate for the cardio. As far as cardio goes i think rowing is pretty good is it strengthens my legs, back and biceps.

any advice is appreciated! thanks

Big_fuzzy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Big_fuzzy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Big_fuzzy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Big_fuzzy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Big_fuzzy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Big_fuzzy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Big_fuzzy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Big_fuzzy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Big_fuzzy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Big_fuzzy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Big_fuzzy is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I think dude... Bill Starr 5x5, squat 3 times a week, and rows twice.

and hot damn, ROWER PRIDE!!!!!

I know how hard it is to eat enough food and row... especially with ****ing ergos.

I do 3 ergo sessions a week (3x2.5km) and 3 water sessions, Im in a heavy weight quad (check out my pic space, good pic of my hands)

You have to eat, and I mean eat.

Whats your best 2k?

Woo, another rower!

Fallen_ is just really nice. (+1000) Fallen_ is just really nice. (+1000) Fallen_ is just really nice. (+1000) Fallen_ is just really nice. (+1000) Fallen_ is just really nice. (+1000) Fallen_ is just really nice. (+1000) Fallen_ is just really nice. (+1000) Fallen_ is just really nice. (+1000) Fallen_ is just really nice. (+1000) Fallen_ is just really nice. (+1000) Fallen_ is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Big_fuzzy View Post
    I think dude... Bill Starr 5x5, squat 3 times a week, and rows twice.
    Again with the BS 5x5

Why not start with SS or a similar routine with lower workload and more frequent progression ?

Big_fuzzy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Big_fuzzy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Big_fuzzy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Big_fuzzy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Big_fuzzy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Big_fuzzy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Big_fuzzy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Big_fuzzy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Big_fuzzy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Big_fuzzy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Big_fuzzy is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Again with the BS 5x5 because it is perfect for him.

Squats 3 times a week, rows are there itl pack some good strength, its only three sessions, its all the criteria he needs met.

SO yes, again with the BS 5x5!

Fallen_ is just really nice. (+1000) Fallen_ is just really nice. (+1000) Fallen_ is just really nice. (+1000) Fallen_ is just really nice. (+1000) Fallen_ is just really nice. (+1000) Fallen_ is just really nice. (+1000) Fallen_ is just really nice. (+1000) Fallen_ is just really nice. (+1000) Fallen_ is just really nice. (+1000) Fallen_ is just really nice. (+1000) Fallen_ is just really nice. (+1000)
    Again with the BS 5x5 because it is perfect for him.

Squats 3 times a week, rows are there itl pack some good strength, its only three sessions, its all the criteria he needs met.

SO yes, again with the BS 5x5!
    So your saying SS doesnt do the same, if not better in his situation ?

Excuse my ignorance, but what exactly is SS?

Excuse my ignorance, but what exactly is SS?
    Uhhh .. Starting Strength.

Oooooooh, my bad, sorry.

Lol, yes, I agree with the SS, and have been reccomending to everyone since you reminded me its a true begginner program.

He can decide, the programs are basically identical.

Oooooooh, my bad, sorry.

Lol, yes, I agree with the SS, and have been reccomending to everyone since you reminded me its a true begginner program.

He can decide, the programs are basically identical.
    Frequency and exercise selection are basically the same, but weight progression and workload are totally different.

dunno has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dunno has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dunno has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dunno has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dunno has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dunno has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dunno has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dunno has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dunno has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dunno has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dunno has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hmm i was thinking should i go with a 5x5 routine or ripetoes?

bump...anyone have a link to the 5x5 program?

imchill123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) imchill123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) imchill123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) imchill123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) imchill123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) imchill123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) imchill123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) imchill123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) imchill123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) imchill123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) imchill123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    go with rippetoes. remember both program wont work if you dont eat enough. honestly, rippetoes work better when their just starting. It maximizes their strength and size., most of their newbgains.
    I eat for purpose, not pleasure