michelle500 is on a distinguished road. (+10) michelle500 is on a distinguished road. (+10) michelle500 is on a distinguished road. (+10) michelle500 is on a distinguished road. (+10) michelle500 is on a distinguished road. (+10) michelle500 is on a distinguished road. (+10) michelle500 is on a distinguished road. (+10) michelle500 is on a distinguished road. (+10) michelle500 is on a distinguished road. (+10) michelle500 is on a distinguished road. (+10) michelle500 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

First comp. training question

I just decided yesterday to train for a bikini competition! There is one in my area in 2 months exactly, I am not sure if I can lose weight that quickly but I would really like to try. I am currently going between 150-145 and am 5'4". I have been consuming between 1500-1800 calories a day and drinking about a gallon of water. I had made an exercise schedule of:

Cardio/HIIT - 6 days per week
    Monday- Shoulders/Arms
    Tuesday- Back
    Wednesday- Light legs
    Thursday- Abs/Lower back
    Friday- Shoulders/Arms

Now I thought this was a good solid plan.I figured this would be good because usually when I am doing cardio I burn between 600-700 calories and go about 6-7 miles. Am I going at this the wrong way?! Any advice would be appreciated!
    Last edited by michelle500; 03-28-2011 at 01:01 PM.

sixzebra is just really nice. (+1000) sixzebra is just really nice. (+1000) sixzebra is just really nice. (+1000) sixzebra is just really nice. (+1000) sixzebra is just really nice. (+1000) sixzebra is just really nice. (+1000) sixzebra is just really nice. (+1000) sixzebra is just really nice. (+1000) sixzebra is just really nice. (+1000) sixzebra is just really nice. (+1000) sixzebra is just really nice. (+1000)
    Why don't you post a pic. That would be very helpful.
    National Competitor

JasonWojo will become famous soon enough. (+50) JasonWojo will become famous soon enough. (+50) JasonWojo will become famous soon enough. (+50) JasonWojo will become famous soon enough. (+50) JasonWojo will become famous soon enough. (+50) JasonWojo will become famous soon enough. (+50) JasonWojo will become famous soon enough. (+50) JasonWojo will become famous soon enough. (+50) JasonWojo will become famous soon enough. (+50) JasonWojo will become famous soon enough. (+50) JasonWojo will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Agreed. We really need to see pics to give you feedback.
    For online training inquiries or to get your Official DC Training DVD, go to www.jasonwojo.com

True Protein Sponsored Athlete: For 5% off your next True Protein order use the discount code WOJO

sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000)
    8 weeks is not enough time for a female at 145-150 at 5'4. You're looking at coming in at under 120lbs. Not saying you can't ever compete in bikini but you need to pick a later show.

hmcarter2007 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by michelle500 View Post
    I just decided yesterday to train for a bikini competition! There is one in my area in 2 months exactly, I am not sure if I can lose weight that quickly but I would really like to try. I am currently going between 150-145 and am 5'4". I have been consuming between 1500-1800 calories a day and drinking about a gallon of water. I had made an exercise schedule of:

Cardio/HIIT - 6 days per week
    Monday- Shoulders/Arms
    Tuesday- Back
    Wednesday- Light legs
    Thursday- Abs/Lower back
    Friday- Shoulders/Arms

Now I thought this was a good solid plan.I figured this would be good because usually when I am doing cardio I burn between 600-700 calories and go about 6-7 miles. Am I going at this the wrong way?! Any advice would be appreciated!
    I am exactly 5'4" as well. I weigh 123lbs and still have a few pounds to go for my competition in May. Since we are the same height, I am going to say you need to be around the same weight (at 120ish). You are looking at losing 30lbs in 2 months. That's not enough time. On the other hand, you might be able to do it next year or pick a show later on (at least 3-4 months from now). As far as your workout goes, put some more legs in there girl. You are doing shoulders and arms twice but "light" legs once. Do heavy legs (squats, leg press, stiff-legged deadlifts, leg curls, calf raises, etc.) since that is a huge part of your bodyweight and burns the most calories and also working out your chest will help with upper body strength and burning calories. Do the cardio after your workouts and keep your diet at 55% protein, 35% carbs, and 10% fat.

stillfit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) stillfit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) stillfit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) stillfit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) stillfit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) stillfit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) stillfit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) stillfit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) stillfit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) stillfit has a spectacular aura about. (+250) stillfit has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I may not appear qualified to reply but, I think you should give it your 8 week best effort and do the competition. Keep in mind you may not have prepared as long as necessary but you will end up with a ton of experience and be more fit than if you blow it off. Maybe this can help push you. My wife did a figure comp with only 5 weeks of training. I don't mean 5 weeks of contest training, I mean 5 weeks after she started training period. I thought she was crazy and said give it your 5 week best effort. She won novice short and novice overall and is hooked for life. Here is the before and after...so I tend to get irritated when people say there is not enough time. Great changes can happen for those who give their all.
    Attached Images

v2marie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by stillfit View Post
    I may not appear qualified to reply but, I think you should give it your 8 week best effort and do the competition. Keep in mind you may not have prepared as long as necessary but you will end up with a ton of experience and be more fit than if you blow it off. Maybe this can help push you. My wife did a figure comp with only 5 weeks of training. I don't mean 5 weeks of contest training, I mean 5 weeks after she started training period. I thought she was crazy and said give it your 5 week best effort. She won novice short and novice overall and is hooked for life. Here is the before and after...so I tend to get irritated when people say there is not enough time. Great changes can happen for those who give their all.
    Wow she looks amazing! And 5 weeks is def beyond impressive. I agree that you should go for it. Your body will change so much and you will learn eve more to better prepare yourself for a later show. I am starting my contest prep for my first show in August!
    God gave me this body...it is time to reach my full potential in every aspect.