Glebe is on a distinguished road. (+10) Glebe is on a distinguished road. (+10) Glebe is on a distinguished road. (+10) Glebe is on a distinguished road. (+10) Glebe is on a distinguished road. (+10) Glebe is on a distinguished road. (+10) Glebe is on a distinguished road. (+10) Glebe is on a distinguished road. (+10) Glebe is on a distinguished road. (+10) Glebe is on a distinguished road. (+10) Glebe is on a distinguished road. (+10)

any firefighters/volunteers?

Been thinking about volunteering this summer at my Fire Station with a friend. Just wondering what kind of training you have to pass, I saw that they'res a 110 hour course, what's that like.

Thanks

SteveR40 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SteveR40 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SteveR40 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SteveR40 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SteveR40 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SteveR40 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SteveR40 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SteveR40 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SteveR40 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SteveR40 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SteveR40 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Glebe View Post
    Been thinking about volunteering this summer at my Fire Station with a friend. Just wondering what kind of training you have to pass, I saw that they'res a 110 hour course, what's that like.

Thanks
    First - Why is this posted here - There is a misc section for this.

To answer your question, I am a firefighter. some of the testing is up to the department and their SOP's and yes, one of it is a 1001 class that is approximately 110.

Now, if your intent is to become a firefighter, dont worry about the training. You will be training long after you get on. It's like bodybuilding, getting in shape, or everything you do in life. you either do it or you don't. If you do it you will have to train to get to where you want to be.
    We all have our good days and our bad ones. What separates us is those who can turn a bad day into a good one...

When your not training or running just know no matter what some place someone is doing one more set or one more mile. Stay motivated!!!

Journal = SteveR40's official journey. Round 3
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=149914383

ParatroopVet will become famous soon enough. (+50) ParatroopVet will become famous soon enough. (+50) ParatroopVet will become famous soon enough. (+50) ParatroopVet will become famous soon enough. (+50) ParatroopVet will become famous soon enough. (+50) ParatroopVet will become famous soon enough. (+50) ParatroopVet will become famous soon enough. (+50) ParatroopVet will become famous soon enough. (+50) ParatroopVet will become famous soon enough. (+50) ParatroopVet will become famous soon enough. (+50) ParatroopVet will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Like Steve said, don't worry about training. If and when you get hired hired by a department you'll attend the Fire Academy for training. Right now if you are planning on entering the fire service I would get started on basic physical fitness which you will need for any department. Number one killer of Firefighters is heart attack. It's hard, dirty, strenuous, but rewarding work.
    -Chuck
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    “Those who would choose to make themselves sheep, will be eaten by the wolves”

Glebe is on a distinguished road. (+10) Glebe is on a distinguished road. (+10) Glebe is on a distinguished road. (+10) Glebe is on a distinguished road. (+10) Glebe is on a distinguished road. (+10) Glebe is on a distinguished road. (+10) Glebe is on a distinguished road. (+10) Glebe is on a distinguished road. (+10) Glebe is on a distinguished road. (+10) Glebe is on a distinguished road. (+10) Glebe is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by SteveR40 View Post
    First - Why is this posted here - There is a misc section for this.

To answer your question, I am a firefighter. some of the testing is up to the department and their SOP's and yes, one of it is a 1001 class that is approximately 110.

Now, if your intent is to become a firefighter, dont worry about the training. You will be training long after you get on. It's like bodybuilding, getting in shape, or everything you do in life. you either do it or you don't. If you do it you will have to train to get to where you want to be.
    Sorry about posting in the wrong section.. usually misc has trolls.

Thanks a lot for the info you two!