LukeSky is not very helpful. (-500) LukeSky is not very helpful. (-500) LukeSky is not very helpful. (-500) LukeSky is not very helpful. (-500) LukeSky is not very helpful. (-500) LukeSky is not very helpful. (-500) LukeSky is not very helpful. (-500) LukeSky is not very helpful. (-500) LukeSky is not very helpful. (-500) LukeSky is not very helpful. (-500) LukeSky is not very helpful. (-500)

Need Motivation To Eat a **** TON Today

Hey guys,

New to weightlifting, started 2 months ago.. I was a skinny **** at 6 foot 4 & 164 pounds. But I've been eating a ton & working out 4x a week and am at 175 today.

BUT, i think i maybe hit a plateua. I was 175.5 2 days ago, yesterday I was 175, and today I am 175..

So.. my GOAL of today is when I weight my self tmrw morning to weigh atleast 176. And I'm going to do it with zero ptoetin shakes / weight gainers. It's hard for me cus I have a small tummy. But call me a skinny *******, make fun of me, or give me some good motivation to eat a **** ton today.

Also, any advice? Like should I drink a ton of milk too or something?

Thanks mateys! I appreciate any help.

elusive_walrus will become famous soon enough. (+50) elusive_walrus will become famous soon enough. (+50) elusive_walrus will become famous soon enough. (+50) elusive_walrus will become famous soon enough. (+50) elusive_walrus will become famous soon enough. (+50) elusive_walrus will become famous soon enough. (+50) elusive_walrus will become famous soon enough. (+50) elusive_walrus will become famous soon enough. (+50) elusive_walrus will become famous soon enough. (+50) elusive_walrus will become famous soon enough. (+50) elusive_walrus will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I'm already probably too late, but i had to respond. gaining or losing weight, atleast the weight a person wants to gain/lose, takes a long time and isn't linear. eat a bunch of carbs and drink a bunch of water and I bet you gain 1 lb by tomorrow, but so what, it's not good weight. don't look at your weight every day dude, thats stupid and will kill your motivation, check it weekly or biweekly. Understand weight gain won't be linear, track your calories so you know how to adjust when you really do hit a plateua. Honestly it doesn't sound like you have read much on the subject, so I would suggest that and quit worring what the scale says day by day.

johnderriLLL will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnderriLLL will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnderriLLL will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnderriLLL will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnderriLLL will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnderriLLL will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnderriLLL will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnderriLLL will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnderriLLL will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnderriLLL will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnderriLLL will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    have u ever seen ren and stimpy? there was an episode where stimpy was the littlest giant. ahahaha

how bout when u eat u start swallowing your food?

but srs u need pb&j and milk thats how i got to 350. i was eating 3 in one sitting. bagels help too.
    Dont have negative thoughts. Remember your mantra.

gymjunkie4 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gymjunkie4 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gymjunkie4 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gymjunkie4 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gymjunkie4 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gymjunkie4 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gymjunkie4 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gymjunkie4 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gymjunkie4 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gymjunkie4 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gymjunkie4 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    x2 on the weighing bi-weekly. your weight will naturally fluctuate day-to-day, and over the day. and weight gain is not linear at ALL. if anything, if you plotted weight gain as a function of time, the result would probably look very similar to a root function

AlvaD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AlvaD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AlvaD has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    From my research, I know that if you gain a lb a day, that ain't muscle...

I think to Burst a plateau you should try Doing a nutty workout. Like just go and lift. Add on more weight and slack on the perfect form. Or try doing 10 sets of 10 reps with 1 min between start of each set. I love doing those such a pump when powerhoused...

But I really don't think eating will bust you much. With motivation like you have, there's no doubt your gonna blow it out of the water though

64Man is on a distinguished road. (+10) 64Man is on a distinguished road. (+10) 64Man is on a distinguished road. (+10) 64Man is on a distinguished road. (+10) 64Man is on a distinguished road. (+10) 64Man is on a distinguished road. (+10) 64Man is on a distinguished road. (+10) 64Man is on a distinguished road. (+10) 64Man is on a distinguished road. (+10) 64Man is on a distinguished road. (+10) 64Man is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I know you asking for motivation but also post this thread in the nutrition and workout section.

Here you go man, just remember this.

Calculate how many calories your body burns in a day.

Lets say your body will naturally burn 2,500 (this is an example) calories a day just to stay alive.

3,500 calories = 1 pound

Ok, so if your body burns 2,500 calories a day, then if you eat 3,000 a day, which is just 500 more, within a full 7 days you should gain 1 pound.

add 500 calories everyday for 7 days...500 X 7 = 3,500 (which equals a pound)

With the right foods (you can find alot in the nutrition section) this pound should be solid muscle. This should give you an idea of what to eat. Its no joke when people wanting to get big have to eat big.

Also remember, there is no secret food or magic food. Foods contain protein, carbs, and fat. Simple as that. Just certain foods have higher amounts than others.

Also man its not that your "stomach" is small, its just because you aren't trained to eat properly. Believe me, I was just like you, 6' 4'' 165lbs. Now im at 210. Make eating a part of your day, even if its a little snack. Also I see you don't wanna do protein shakes, just curious why? All of the ingredients come from food. Its a good way to get in extra calories and protein in a very convenient way.

Also change up your workouts periodically, keep your body guessing.

Lift like the beast you're trying to become.

Good luck man.

RonnieSwollen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RonnieSwollen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RonnieSwollen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RonnieSwollen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RonnieSwollen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RonnieSwollen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RonnieSwollen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RonnieSwollen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RonnieSwollen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RonnieSwollen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RonnieSwollen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by LukeSky View Post
    Hey guys,

New to weightlifting, started 2 months ago.. I was a skinny **** at 6 foot 4 & 164 pounds. But I've been eating a ton & working out 4x a week and am at 175 today.

BUT, i think i maybe hit a plateua. I was 175.5 2 days ago, yesterday I was 175, and today I am 175..

So.. my GOAL of today is when I weight my self tmrw morning to weigh atleast 176. And I'm going to do it with zero ptoetin shakes / weight gainers. It's hard for me cus I have a small tummy. But call me a skinny *******, make fun of me, or give me some good motivation to eat a **** ton today.

Buy a bag of nuts and raisins and keep it with you. Grab a handful once in a while.
    just trying to get bigger.

http://muscleproductreviewsite.com

Atheist Alliance Wannabe slammedsl1's Avatar
    slammedsl1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) slammedsl1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) slammedsl1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) slammedsl1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) slammedsl1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) slammedsl1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) slammedsl1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) slammedsl1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) slammedsl1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) slammedsl1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) slammedsl1 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Join this thread!

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=131655893
    Check out my training blog : http://blog.bodybuilding.com/slammedsl1/

Newbiewar is on a distinguished road. (+10) Newbiewar is on a distinguished road. (+10) Newbiewar is on a distinguished road. (+10) Newbiewar is on a distinguished road. (+10) Newbiewar is on a distinguished road. (+10) Newbiewar is on a distinguished road. (+10) Newbiewar is on a distinguished road. (+10) Newbiewar is on a distinguished road. (+10) Newbiewar is on a distinguished road. (+10) Newbiewar is on a distinguished road. (+10) Newbiewar is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by 64Man View Post
    3,500 calories = 1 pound
    of fat...

he is looking to gain muscle, not fat, so please don't shoot him in the wrong direction:

1 lb of muscle = 600 calories...

victorsteven1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) victorsteven1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) victorsteven1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey guys,

The best advice I ever got was from a powerlifter. He told me # 1 I wasn't eating enough and #2 I wasn't eating often enough. SO how often ? 6 times a day. I am not talking 6 "dinner size " meals I am talking a real good breakfast a mid morning meal of protein, carbs and fats and then lunch mid afternoon proportioned meals through out the day giving you the proper environment for your body to always have close at hand what it needs when it needs it. It really isnt as much a hassle as it sounds and it doesnt have to be costly and too time consuming.
    The meal can sometimes be as simple as 1/2 of a PBJ and a glass of milk save the other half for mid afternoon with another glass of milk etc.... you get the idea...
    There is no such thing as "just muscle growth" as minimal body fat is not a state the body will remain in as homeostasis so monitor your gains and if there is too much fat coming on cut back and adjust.You really seem serious about gaining and that is how it is done the natural way without steroids. I learned this stuff from Strongmen competitors,power lifters, and bodybuilders alike. I am sure there is more advice on the nutritional boards on here or any really serious lifter going for size and strength.
    Giving your body what it needs like this removes the stress on the system that scrambling to make up deficiencies of nutrients causes and the hormonal lack that is there in an underfed or improperly fed state.
    It needs to be said that sleep and, I mean 8 hours, is also a great big factor as it is when your body does its thing with growth hormone release and rebuilding and recharging your testosterone for the "next time". Miss on sleep and you mess it all up and cause your muscle to be ate up with cortisol and start a downward spiral of over training that you don't want.
    Next you have to look at your routine....
    I see so many people doing so many exercises and getting so little result.... you need simple COMPOUND exercises like SQUAT, DEADLIFTS, BENCH, POWERCLEANS...CHINS, DIPS

These exercises incorporate a lot of different muscles in a synergistic way and are key to not spinning your wheels on too many exercises.. especially till you build up a strength base and foundation of strength

victorsteven1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) victorsteven1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) victorsteven1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey guys,

The best advice I ever got was from a powerlifter. He told me # 1 I wasn't eating enough and #2 I wasn't eating often enough. SO how often ? 6 times a day. I am not talking 6 "dinner size " meals I am talking a real good breakfast a mid morning meal of protein, carbs and fats and then lunch mid afternoon proportioned meals through out the day giving you the proper environment for your body to always have close at hand what it needs when it needs it. It really isnt as much a hassle as it sounds and it doesnt have to be costly and too time consuming.
    The meal can sometimes be as simple as 1/2 of a PBJ and a glass of milk save the other half for mid afternoon with another glass of milk etc.... you get the idea...
    There is no such thing as "just muscle growth" as minimal body fat is not a state the body will remain in as homeostasis so monitor your gains and if there is too much fat coming on cut back and adjust.You really seem serious about gaining and that is how it is done the natural way without steroids. I learned this stuff from Strongmen competitors,power lifters, and bodybuilders alike. I am sure there is more advice on the nutritional boards on here or any really serious lifter going for size and strength.

Giving your body what it needs like this removes the stress on the system that scrambling to make up deficiencies of nutrients causes and the hormonal lack that is there in an underfed or improperly fed state.

It needs to be said that sleep and, I mean 8 hours, is also a great big factor as it is when your body does its thing with growth hormone release and rebuilding and recharging your testosterone for the "next time". Miss on sleep and you mess it all up and cause your muscle to be ate up with cortisol and start a downward spiral of over training that you don't want.

Next you have to look at your routine....
    I see so many people doing so many exercises and getting so little result.... you need simple COMPOUND exercises like SQUAT, DEADLIFTS, BENCH, POWERCLEANS...CHINS, DIPS

These exercises incorporate a lot of different muscles in a synergistic way and are key to not spinning your wheels on too many exercises.. especially till you build up a strength base and foundation of strength