Mr._X is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mr._X is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mr._X is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mr._X is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mr._X is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mr._X is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mr._X is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mr._X is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mr._X is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mr._X is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mr._X is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Trying to save my baseball season with Super Cissus RX (torn TFCC/broken hamate)

Hello, my name is Dan.

I'm a 22 year old college baseball player and I tore my TFCC ligament in my wrist along with a broken hamate (stress fracture) from swinging too much during the off-season. I just completed a 16 week power based lifting program in late-January and that's when the tear started to kill me. So much that I couldn't swing, so I got an MRI and Arthrogram and found out not only was my left wrist TFCC torn, but I had a stress fracture in my hamate bone of the hand (common in baseball players, Ken Griffey Jr. had this in 1996).

Well, my season begins on March 12 and for the past three weeks I have done nothing. I'm trying to get a cortisone injection from my doctor but I'm also trying a supplement stack to get me back to health, so I figured I'd share my journey with the community. These stack is listed below:

*Orange Triad (6 caps/2 AM, 2 Lunch, 2 PM) - Joint support Multi-V
    *Super Cissus RX (6 caps/2 AM, 2 Lunch, 2 PM) - Rebuilds bones and supports joints
    *Osteosport (5 caps/3 AM, 2 PM) - Helps joints
    *Fish Oil (12 g/4 AM, 4 Lunch, 4 PM) - Helps joints
    *NOW IGF-1+ Lipospray (3 AM/3 PM) - see explanation below
    *NOW IGF-1 Lozenges (2 AM/2 PM) - see explanation below

Before I get flammed for the deer antler velvet products, just realize I am trying anything and everything to get back on the field. If it doesn't work, so what? I wasted $65 on this stuff, it's not a big deal. Anyway I've been on the stack for 5 days and I'm feeling pretty good. Today was my first day of the Super Cissus RX tho and I'm expecting drastic improvements from it. My goal is to take some pain free swings on March 1st. I will be running this stack all season, so I'll keep you posted. I am experiencing pain here and there, but not much as my wrist is braced most of the day. I'm excited to see what this will bring. I may start weight training again at the beginning of March. And lastly, I would love to talk to people who've had these injuries or any expertise in this area. I am not looking to have surgery on the TFCC.
    Workout Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=136492221
    Diet: "Anabolic Diet" by Dr. Mauro DiPasquale
    Training: Baseball/Sports Performance and Hypertrophy/Power

Jacobs64 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jacobs64 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jacobs64 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jacobs64 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jacobs64 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jacobs64 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jacobs64 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jacobs64 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jacobs64 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jacobs64 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jacobs64 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I have seen a lot of good cissus reviews but I ran it for a tricep tendon injury and it didn't really do much. I've got my tricep back to no pain now using 4-6 Cod liver oils a day.

Mr._X is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mr._X is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mr._X is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mr._X is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mr._X is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mr._X is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mr._X is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mr._X is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mr._X is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mr._X is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mr._X is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Jacobs64 View Post
    I have seen a lot of good cissus reviews but I ran it for a tricep tendon injury and it didn't really do much. I've got my tricep back to no pain now using 4-6 Cod liver oils a day.
    Any reason why you chose Cod Liver Oil? I'm curious.

Day 8 update

I added Jarrow Formula's Bone-Up to my arsenal yesterday. It seems to have alot of vitamins and minerals good for bones I didn't have in my supplement stash yet.

I went to the gym and did a very light lift. I hit shoulders, bi's, tri's, lats, and forearms and wrist and I felt almost no pain! Very promising for being 8 days into this stack. I can feel myself healing quickly. I felt stiffness in my wrist (it's been braced and inactive for 5 weeks lifting wise)... so I expected that. The only pain came when I tried to overhead tricep press. I am lifting no more than 25 lb. dumbbells and surgical tubes, so don't think I'm jumping back into anything quick after being 5 weeks off. This was a very good pain-free day, I can say I'm pretty impressed with this supplement stash. I had pain trying to swing a bat 2 weeks ago, today I felt great lifting. Good things indeed.

Day 10

Tried swinging again today, was in a lot of pain. I was having no pain recently before I began swinging and it seems that no matter how much time I take off I'm going to have pain in my wrist. If anyone has any suggestions besides another 5-6 weeks of rest I'm all for hearing it. I'm going to try and make my left forearm and wrist stronger by doing some PT on it because I haven't used it for the last 5 weeks. My hamate has healed up nice, but the TFCC is leaving me clueless.