manetlifting has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) manetlifting has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Are these realistic goals?

I stopped my first cycle of starting strength due to form issues and am starting back up (previously 5RM squat was 220, bench 210, deadlift 215.) I'm starting at 195x5 bench, 205x5 deadlift, and 165x5 squat (my only exercise where form was a serious issue). I should be done with the 24 workouts but the second week in March.

Is it realistic to expect the follow numbers by mid March?
    Bench: 245x5 (probably optimistic but I don't want to set the bar low not going to be upset if I miss this goal as much as the others)
    Squat: 265x5
    Deadlift: 315x5

I'm 6' 182 13% BF right now bulking.

I also want to set some slightly longer term goals.

Does it seem to realistic to aim for Squat 295x5 and Deadlift 365x5 by mid/late May? I want to finish as much bulking as possible before summer. I didn't miss a single rep on squat or deadlift first cycle through Starting Strength. I just want to know what I can expect to newbie gains and how quickly I should expect these to taper off especially with my deadlift and squat.

lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by manetlifting View Post
    I stopped my first cycle of starting strength due to form issues and am starting back up (previously 5RM squat was 220, bench 210, deadlift 215.) I'm starting at 195x5 bench, 205x5 deadlift, and 165x5 squat (my only exercise where form was a serious issue). I should be done with the 24 workouts but the second week in March.

Bench: 245x5 (probably optimistic but I don't want to set the bar low not going to be upset if I miss this goal as much as the others)

Does it seem to realistic to aim for Squat 295x5 and Deadlift 365x5 by mid/late May? I want to finish as much bulking as possible before summer. I didn't miss a single rep on squat or deadlift first cycle through Starting Strength. I just want to know what I can expect to newbie gains and how quickly I should expect these to taper off especially with my deadlift and squat.
    I am a little concerned with the squat numbers bro. I suggest you really focus on building the legs up. Review the form videos and make sure you are really hitting the muscles. Squats are the king. Make sure you give them their proper respect. Keep hitting it hard and you will meet your goals. Be patient and steady.

MayBach is on a distinguished road. (+10) MayBach is on a distinguished road. (+10) MayBach is on a distinguished road. (+10) MayBach is on a distinguished road. (+10) MayBach is on a distinguished road. (+10) MayBach is on a distinguished road. (+10) MayBach is on a distinguished road. (+10) MayBach is on a distinguished road. (+10) MayBach is on a distinguished road. (+10) MayBach is on a distinguished road. (+10) MayBach is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I think your goals don't need to be realistic all you need is goals... as they say “Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.”

PNel will become famous soon enough. (+50) PNel will become famous soon enough. (+50) PNel will become famous soon enough. (+50) PNel will become famous soon enough. (+50) PNel will become famous soon enough. (+50) PNel will become famous soon enough. (+50) PNel will become famous soon enough. (+50) PNel will become famous soon enough. (+50) PNel will become famous soon enough. (+50) PNel will become famous soon enough. (+50) PNel will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Doesn't matter what the goals are or the time frame they are in. You'll push yourself that much harder to reach them if you are lagging behind. Even if you don't hit them in the right time frame you can say "hey, I just put on 30 lbs for my squat in this time frame". Gains are great, goals just work as a standard to push yourself towards.

If you don't hit your goal in the timeframe, take the gains that you've made and use that as a guide for setting another goal and then go out and get it.

johnderriLLL will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnderriLLL will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnderriLLL will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnderriLLL will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnderriLLL will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnderriLLL will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnderriLLL will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnderriLLL will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnderriLLL will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnderriLLL will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnderriLLL will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    get ready to give it everything u got!
    Dont have negative thoughts. Remember your mantra.

psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) psychodiver9 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

I think adding 100 lbs to lifts in 2 months is a bit much personally. I disagree with the post. I think it is very important that goals be measurable and achievable. What's the point of setting a goal you can't reach?
    PL Log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=154662503

BTK!

First Meet 8/25/13 281/264/418 963 @198

5/24/14 352.5/286/462.5 1101 @242