ahheck01 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ahheck01 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ahheck01 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ahheck01 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ahheck01 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ahheck01 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ahheck01 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ahheck01 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ahheck01 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ahheck01 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ahheck01 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Arrow What's the Most Effective Supplement To Add To Basics?

G'devening, guys. I'm really excited about how things are going with my current workout, backed by a 4500 calorie diet (175lb @ 8%, 6' 5.5"), with a goal of 215lb @ 10%. The only supplement I take other than vitamins, omega 3's, whey, and a balanced diet is creatine - Green Magnitude specifically.

With my goal to build weight, strength, and size as quickly as possible without sacrificing general health, if I were to add one supplement to this, which would be most effective?

I've heard of both White Flood and Purple Wraath stacked with Green Mag. For my goals, would one of those two be most effective? Would something else entirely be best? Should I avoid stacking anything?

Basically my workout partner is pitching in a supplement since I bought the green mag, so I'm wondering what would be most beneficial for the money.

Cheers guys! Reps once I get enough posts that it matters!

Dymethazine is just really nice. (+1000) Dymethazine is just really nice. (+1000) Dymethazine is just really nice. (+1000) Dymethazine is just really nice. (+1000) Dymethazine is just really nice. (+1000) Dymethazine is just really nice. (+1000) Dymethazine is just really nice. (+1000) Dymethazine is just really nice. (+1000) Dymethazine is just really nice. (+1000) Dymethazine is just really nice. (+1000) Dymethazine is just really nice. (+1000)
    at your weight just pack in the clean cals or even dirty.
    They see me rollin'
    They all hatin'
    Cause they aint drollin'

ahheck01 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ahheck01 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ahheck01 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ahheck01 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ahheck01 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ahheck01 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ahheck01 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ahheck01 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ahheck01 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ahheck01 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ahheck01 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I'm with you there. I have access to adding one more supplement. What supplement would have the biggest positive impact for my goals?

Thanks!

Daycrawler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Daycrawler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Daycrawler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Daycrawler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Daycrawler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Daycrawler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Daycrawler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Daycrawler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Daycrawler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Daycrawler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Daycrawler has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by ahheck01 View Post
    I'm with you there. I have access to adding one more supplement. What supplement would have the biggest positive impact for my goals?

Thanks!
    With Green Mag you already have your creatine so it's up to you...

BCAA are very important, I might go with a bulk BCAA instead of Purple Wrath cause of cost.

No Bull**** Bodybuilding greekmanman's Avatar
    greekmanman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) greekmanman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) greekmanman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) greekmanman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) greekmanman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) greekmanman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) greekmanman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) greekmanman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) greekmanman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) greekmanman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) greekmanman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    G'devening, guys. I'm really excited about how things are going with my current workout, backed by a 4500 calorie diet (175lb @ 8%, 6' 5.5"), with a goal of 215lb @ 10%. The only supplement I take other than vitamins, omega 3's, whey, and a balanced diet is creatine - Green Magnitude specifically.

With my goal to build weight, strength, and size as quickly as possible without sacrificing general health, if I were to add one supplement to this, which would be most effective?

I've heard of both White Flood and Purple Wraath stacked with Green Mag. For my goals, would one of those two be most effective? Would something else entirely be best? Should I avoid stacking anything?

Basically my workout partner is pitching in a supplement since I bought the green mag, so I'm wondering what would be most beneficial for the money.

Cheers guys! Reps once I get enough posts that it matters!
    Originally Posted by Dymethazine View Post
    at your weight just pack in the clean cals or even dirty.
    At first I saw the 4500 calories at 175 lbs and was like wow that is alot but then I saw that you are 6'5 lol. Definitely eat as much as you can.

White Flood and Purple Wraath are both great pre-wo, intra-wo respectively. However if I were you and could only pick one of the two I would go with the pre-wo white flood, mostly because you are bulking and eating a ton so the intra(PW) wouldn't be as beneficial to you as if you were on a cut.

However, you could also go the nonstim preworkout route which is what I favor personally.
    In this case I would look into Ultima, Bodyforge, and Pump-bol all of which I have used in the past with success and have great feedback.

Goodluck on the bulk man

Thank you, gentlemen. So would you say the BCAA supplement is less necessary because when consuming 4500 calories I'm likely to get them through foods? Just based on budget, a lot of my protein comes from whey, milk, cottage cheese rather than meats - is that okay?

Unless someone has a strong suggestion otherwise, it sounds like adding either PW or WF is on top.

Although I've heard that Purple Intrain or White Blood are potential alternatives. Thoughts on those and why they'd be better or worse?

Thanks!

-Evan

jblaze4lif is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jblaze4lif is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jblaze4lif is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jblaze4lif is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jblaze4lif is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jblaze4lif is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jblaze4lif is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jblaze4lif is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jblaze4lif is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jblaze4lif is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jblaze4lif is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I say bulk beta-alanine .. stuffs cheap
    --Current Staples--
    Protein - Gaspari IntraPro + XF 2.0
    Pre/Intra - Gaspari SuperPump Max + SizeOn Max
    Health - Orange Triad + NOW Super EPA

Pharmaceutical Microbiologist Pursuing Masters in Medical Biology

Training Muay Thai for sport and BodyBuilding for strength!!

greekmanman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) greekmanman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) greekmanman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) greekmanman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) greekmanman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) greekmanman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) greekmanman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) greekmanman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) greekmanman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) greekmanman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) greekmanman is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Thank you, gentlemen. So would you say the BCAA supplement is less necessary because when consuming 4500 calories I'm likely to get them through foods? Just based on budget, a lot of my protein comes from whey, milk, cottage cheese rather than meats - is that okay?

Unless someone has a strong suggestion otherwise, it sounds like adding either PW or WF is on top.

Although I've heard that Purple Intrain or White Blood are potential alternatives. Thoughts on those and why they'd be better or worse?

Thanks!

-Evan
    Yes you are correct, IMO BCAAs are only really necessary when you are cutting and are eating below maintenance and so are consuming less protein overall.

Getting your minimum protein intake is more important than where that protein comes from so as long as you are getting adequate protein, it's fine that you don't consume much meat.

I would definitely by some eggs though for protein IMO, easy to cook, cheap and effective. Eggs are the closest thing to a superfood, all of the protein from eggs is bioavailable. There are also many other benefits of consuming eggs such as vitamins and minerals.

Make sure you eat the whole egg though,yolks included. I shake my head when I see people throwing out the yolks and eating just the whites.

Intrain is another intraworkout product that differs from Wraath mainly in that it has added carbohydrates and a few other goodies tossed in as well.

White Blood is controlled labs nonstim preworkout; I haven't used it and haven't heard much about it so I can't comment.

HondoKneph will become famous soon enough. (+50) HondoKneph will become famous soon enough. (+50) HondoKneph will become famous soon enough. (+50) HondoKneph will become famous soon enough. (+50) HondoKneph will become famous soon enough. (+50) HondoKneph will become famous soon enough. (+50) HondoKneph will become famous soon enough. (+50) HondoKneph will become famous soon enough. (+50) HondoKneph will become famous soon enough. (+50) HondoKneph will become famous soon enough. (+50) HondoKneph will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Why eat the told also?? I eat 2 yolks 6 egg whites in the morning. I don't think I can handle 6 yolks lol. So unnecessary fat

Originally Posted by jblaze4lif View Post
    I say bulk beta-alanine .. stuffs cheap
    I've done a lot of searching on that since you mentioned it, and from what I've found, I should absolutely add that.

Now I see 6g/day for 28 days recommended, followed by 4g/day after that.

Purple Wraath and Intrain both contain only 1.6g, and White Flood contains .65g.

Should I just start with a plain powder beta-alanine such as this:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/now/betaalanine.html

Or should I start with White Flood and add the powder beta-alanine later on? Curious what you all would do.

On a side note, It was 2am and I was still short 1800 calories, so I made and drank the following shake to make up for it:
    1/2 cup peanut butter
    1 cup 2% milk
    1 nutrilite protein shake
    2 tbsp chocolate syrup
    1/2 cup oats
    2 tbsp olive oil

Total calories, 1650.

Was that stupid, or is that a good way to finish out calories? 4500 in a day can be tough...

jblaze4lif is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jblaze4lif is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jblaze4lif is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jblaze4lif is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jblaze4lif is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jblaze4lif is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jblaze4lif is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jblaze4lif is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jblaze4lif is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jblaze4lif is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jblaze4lif is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    That's alright prob better protein powders out there than the nutrilyte one if your trying to keep your calories clean. Stick with the now bulk beta alanine. Great company and cheap. 4 to 6 grams a day split into 2 to 3 dosages. Pick up some bulk caffeine tabs for ore workout and keep the rest of your cash for quality food

Fine Young Cannibal Disrespected's Avatar
    Disrespected is just really nice. (+1000) Disrespected is just really nice. (+1000) Disrespected is just really nice. (+1000) Disrespected is just really nice. (+1000) Disrespected is just really nice. (+1000) Disrespected is just really nice. (+1000) Disrespected is just really nice. (+1000) Disrespected is just really nice. (+1000) Disrespected is just really nice. (+1000) Disrespected is just really nice. (+1000) Disrespected is just really nice. (+1000)
    the only thing that i take that you dont is a greens supp

well, that and a cup of coffee prewo (do you take anything prewo?)

Originally Posted by HondoKneph View Post
    Why eat the told also?? I eat 2 yolks 6 egg whites in the morning. I don't think I can handle 6 yolks lol. So unnecessary fat
    The egg yolks are full of vitamins and minerals such as arichadonic acid and choline which are great especially for bodybuilders. The egg yolk and white are meant to be consumed together because the yolk has some of the nutrients while the egg white has the other half.

Also besides the fact that you are essentially throwing money out everytime you crack open an egg and just toss the yolk out, the yolks in eggs have been demonized by the media as being "unhealthy" because of the cholesterol and fat content.

This began after the 1953 study of Ancel Keys, who championed the "Lipid Hypothesis" which proposed that saturated fats and cholesterol in the blood are a major factor in cardiovascular disease.

The actual study that Ancel Keys conducted was a scientific travesty and was not even real science. Not only did Keys cherry pick his data from some countries and not others(to fit his hypothesis) the actual study was an observational study which is useless in the realm of science.

Everyone was looking for something to blame the increasing rates of heart disease on so they all jumped on the bandwagon of cholesterol and saturated fat is bad for the heart!

Ironically more and more studies are being done confirm the lipid hypothesis to be false.

Until this day there have not been ANY studies that show a causal relationship between cholesterol, saturated fat and heart disease.

My 2c

Watcher will become famous soon enough. (+50) Watcher will become famous soon enough. (+50) Watcher will become famous soon enough. (+50) Watcher will become famous soon enough. (+50) Watcher will become famous soon enough. (+50) Watcher will become famous soon enough. (+50) Watcher will become famous soon enough. (+50) Watcher will become famous soon enough. (+50) Watcher will become famous soon enough. (+50) Watcher will become famous soon enough. (+50) Watcher will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    There is nothing you will find as effective as food at this very moment; Watch your weight and how you gain...at this stage, with your height and weight, calories are probably the best supplement to take right now, so to say.

I cant think of anything else that would be effective for you.

Beta Alanine could work.

Only thing i could mention is X Factor.IM gonna throw it there just so you know there is a supplement, when taken with very right diet and knowledge can lead to CLOSE TO STEROID-like gains...Its one of the only safe supps that gives you gains like that.

But i will let you read on it yourself...But as i said there is not much in your case that needs to be taken atm

Thank you gentlemen.

I'm replacing the nutrilite with ON 100% Whey (rich chocolate) 5lb that will arrive on Tuesday. I also purchased the NOW bulk beta-alanine. My workout partner purchased White Flood more for him than me, which contains 0.65g of beta-alanine, so I will take that into consideration when the flood comes before a workout.

On a related note, now that I'm going all-out on diet and supplementation, I need to restrategize my workout. Since I was deathly out of shape (hadn't worked out in 3-4 years), I started with p90x, which has whipped me back into decent enough shape that I feel comfortable getting started in a normal lifting routine. Given my goals, would there be anything better than Starting Strength?

Thanks again!

-Evan

Registered User CONTROLLED LABS's Avatar
    CONTROLLED LABS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CONTROLLED LABS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CONTROLLED LABS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CONTROLLED LABS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CONTROLLED LABS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CONTROLLED LABS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CONTROLLED LABS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CONTROLLED LABS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CONTROLLED LABS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CONTROLLED LABS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CONTROLLED LABS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    like you mentioned, purple wraath would be my first suggestion if there is only one you can add
    Specials & insider info
    https://www.********.com/controlledlabs

www.bodybuilding.com/store/clabs/clabs.htm

FREE CL stuff for your labels
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=6654831

Okay, so my supplementation will be as follows:

30 min pre:
    1/2 scoop Green Mag
    1 scoop White Flood
    1/2 teaspoon NOW beta alanine (2g)

30 min post:
    1/2 scoop Green Mag
    1/2 teaspoon NOW beta alanine (2g)
    1 scoop ON Whey in PWO shake containing 2:1 ratio carbs to protein

During the workout I'll sip on water, maybe mix something with some carbs in. Down the road I'll add in Purple Wraath for that part. Or Xtend, whichever comes more highly recommended for me.

How's that sound?

Also, bump for the change of workout question two posts up?

Thanks!