Destructodave is just really nice. (+1000) Destructodave is just really nice. (+1000) Destructodave is just really nice. (+1000) Destructodave is just really nice. (+1000) Destructodave is just really nice. (+1000) Destructodave is just really nice. (+1000) Destructodave is just really nice. (+1000) Destructodave is just really nice. (+1000) Destructodave is just really nice. (+1000) Destructodave is just really nice. (+1000) Destructodave is just really nice. (+1000)

My brother Drives a truck; Portable gym ideas?

My brother is a cross country truck driver and really is wanting to get back into working out and shape. He takes probably 3 6 day trips a month give or take. I'm looking for stuff he can take with him in the truck to get workouts in on the road, but it has to be really portable because there really is no room to store much stuff.

We have been looking at getting some power blocks and the travel bench or iron masters and the travel bench.

What are some other good things he should have? He's probably gonna have to pull over and do most of this outside the truck. What are some good resistance bands, etc.

Any help appreciated.
    On BB.com, you can: be a ****phile, talk about beating women, be a bigot, racist, constantly flame and call people all manners of names and *******s, post half-naked women 24/7, threaten people IRL, etc.

But making fun of some dead celebrity will get you banned. Go figure.

cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz
    Not saying bands are the end all be all of working out....but they sure do fit nicely in a little bag.

http://www.amazon.com/Bodylastics-Re...0015358&sr=8-1
    "Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard"

The more I workout at commercial gyms, the more I hate commercial gyms.

Psalms 144:1
    Praise be to the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle.

dskoo65 is just really nice. (+1000) dskoo65 is just really nice. (+1000) dskoo65 is just really nice. (+1000) dskoo65 is just really nice. (+1000) dskoo65 is just really nice. (+1000) dskoo65 is just really nice. (+1000) dskoo65 is just really nice. (+1000) dskoo65 is just really nice. (+1000) dskoo65 is just really nice. (+1000) dskoo65 is just really nice. (+1000) dskoo65 is just really nice. (+1000)
    i like the ironmasters, BUT i think they would be a pain in the a** for this type of application.

id say the powerblocks and their travel bench would be a good compact choice. ive seen guys put PB's in their lap and do dips with their back to the bench. if he could figure a way to do pullups (maybe off the back of the truck?) he could get a pretty thorough workout.
    "ive made the most impressive gains when i spent months with the heavy dumbbells and left the power rack cowering in the corner like the b**ch that it is"-anonymous

"sometimes when a mans alone, thats all you got is your dog"

"he fakes to the left. no. he fakes to the right. he doesnt fake. he thinks about faking. he pretends to fake. i dont know where i am. i cant breathe"

captainmorgan0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) captainmorgan0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) captainmorgan0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) captainmorgan0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) captainmorgan0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) captainmorgan0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) captainmorgan0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) captainmorgan0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) captainmorgan0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) captainmorgan0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) captainmorgan0 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Kettlebells

golfwolf will become famous soon enough. (+50) golfwolf will become famous soon enough. (+50) golfwolf will become famous soon enough. (+50) golfwolf will become famous soon enough. (+50) golfwolf will become famous soon enough. (+50) golfwolf will become famous soon enough. (+50) golfwolf will become famous soon enough. (+50) golfwolf will become famous soon enough. (+50) golfwolf will become famous soon enough. (+50) golfwolf will become famous soon enough. (+50) golfwolf will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    for laughs. Go to :40 seconds into the video

ndmike99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ndmike99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ndmike99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ndmike99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ndmike99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ndmike99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ndmike99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ndmike99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ndmike99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ndmike99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ndmike99 is a name known to all. (+5000)

Source7769 is a name known to all. (+5000) Source7769 is a name known to all. (+5000) Source7769 is a name known to all. (+5000) Source7769 is a name known to all. (+5000) Source7769 is a name known to all. (+5000) Source7769 is a name known to all. (+5000) Source7769 is a name known to all. (+5000) Source7769 is a name known to all. (+5000) Source7769 is a name known to all. (+5000) Source7769 is a name known to all. (+5000) Source7769 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    didnt sylvester stallone do an arm wrestling movie and workout while driving a truck? .. over the top?
    **Strong Join Date Crew**

Lions*Buckeyes*Royals*Celtics*Islanders

**NJ Crew 973**

Destructodave is just really nice. (+1000) Destructodave is just really nice. (+1000) Destructodave is just really nice. (+1000) Destructodave is just really nice. (+1000) Destructodave is just really nice. (+1000) Destructodave is just really nice. (+1000) Destructodave is just really nice. (+1000) Destructodave is just really nice. (+1000) Destructodave is just really nice. (+1000) Destructodave is just really nice. (+1000) Destructodave is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by cgc View Post
    Not saying bands are the end all be all of working out....but they sure do fit nicely in a little bag.

http://www.amazon.com/Bodylastics-Re...0015358&sr=8-1
    Those look pretty cool too. Ill see how much hes willing to spend. The powerblock/travel bench combo gonna set him back a fair penny at first.

Originally Posted by dskoo65 View Post
    i like the ironmasters, BUT i think they would be a pain in the a** for this type of application.

id say the powerblocks and their travel bench would be a good compact choice. ive seen guys put PB's in their lap and do dips with their back to the bench. if he could figure a way to do pullups (maybe off the back of the truck?) he could get a pretty thorough workout.
    Yea that is the #1 thing im trying to figure out for him to get some more lat work in besides rows and pullovers with the dumbells. I ask him if he could do inverted rows or something under the truck and he said nah its all welded together.

Right now the travel bench and power blocks seems his best bet and he should be able to get a good workout in with those. I was lookin for some of those heavy duty suspension straps maybe he could toss around something and do pullups. I was wondering if maybe the trailer had a lip on it and he could use one of those door frame pullup sets. I even ask if there was somewhere he could strap the sport bench down since it has a pullup attachement and he said nah he will barely have room for the travel bench and dumbells most likely. Appreciate all the help.

And yea i make fun of him about over the top. He actually does pull over and do situps and pushups lol. He says there are actually small gyms in some of the truckstops across the nation, just they are so few and far between and he could be off his shift and the other driver driving pass them up while he sleeps.
    On BB.com, you can: be a ****phile, talk about beating women, be a bigot, racist, constantly flame and call people all manners of names and *******s, post half-naked women 24/7, threaten people IRL, etc.

billy will become famous soon enough. (+50) billy will become famous soon enough. (+50) billy will become famous soon enough. (+50) billy will become famous soon enough. (+50) billy will become famous soon enough. (+50) billy will become famous soon enough. (+50) billy will become famous soon enough. (+50) billy will become famous soon enough. (+50) billy will become famous soon enough. (+50) billy will become famous soon enough. (+50) billy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I'd go with the suspension straps. For example, something like the TRX.

http://www.amazon.com/TRX-TSPABX-Sus.../dp/B002N59QKU

He can stop by a place that has a tree or hopefully there's something on the top of this truck he can attach it to.

Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Gymnastic rings FTW

Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Gym rings for sure. He could throw those over a tree branch at a rest stop or something. No reason to waste money on the TRX when rings are cheaper and more versatile.

I also like the powerblock and bench option. I would also want a kettlebell or two. I think with all that you could get some pretty good workouts going.

Originally Posted by Jimbo. View Post
    Gym rings for sure. He could throw those over a tree branch at a rest stop or something. No reason to waste money on the TRX when rings are cheaper and more versatile.

I also like the powerblock and bench option. I would also want a kettlebell or two. I think with all that you could get some pretty good workouts going.
    ill look into the rings for him. The powerblocks actually have a kettle bell handle attachment on their website. I dunno the price of it, but he would probably have to pay it for the low amount of room hes got to carry stuff on the truck

billy will become famous soon enough. (+50) billy will become famous soon enough. (+50) billy will become famous soon enough. (+50) billy will become famous soon enough. (+50) billy will become famous soon enough. (+50) billy will become famous soon enough. (+50) billy will become famous soon enough. (+50) billy will become famous soon enough. (+50) billy will become famous soon enough. (+50) billy will become famous soon enough. (+50) billy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    If you don't want to waste money on the TRX then make your own for under $20.

http://rosstraining.com/blog/2010/01...nsion-trainer/

Squeebo is just really nice. (+1000) Squeebo is just really nice. (+1000) Squeebo is just really nice. (+1000) Squeebo is just really nice. (+1000) Squeebo is just really nice. (+1000) Squeebo is just really nice. (+1000) Squeebo is just really nice. (+1000) Squeebo is just really nice. (+1000) Squeebo is just really nice. (+1000) Squeebo is just really nice. (+1000) Squeebo is just really nice. (+1000)
    Resistance bands are perfect for this type of thing. But for it to really be a solution, he needs a good set of all kinds of sizes and types, and he needs to learn lots of exercises he can do with them rather than just doing the few most obvious ones he can think of like presses and curls.
    www.tworepcave.com
    Black Friday deals page updated daily through Nov 2022

STR8OUT is a name known to all. (+5000) STR8OUT is a name known to all. (+5000) STR8OUT is a name known to all. (+5000) STR8OUT is a name known to all. (+5000) STR8OUT is a name known to all. (+5000) STR8OUT is a name known to all. (+5000) STR8OUT is a name known to all. (+5000) STR8OUT is a name known to all. (+5000) STR8OUT is a name known to all. (+5000) STR8OUT is a name known to all. (+5000) STR8OUT is a name known to all. (+5000)
    what about having him join a gym that is nationwide like LA Fitness or Planet Fitness? He would just have to find them and map them out on his drives

Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo. is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Destructodave View Post
    ill look into the rings for him. The powerblocks actually have a kettle bell handle attachment on their website. I dunno the price of it, but he would probably have to pay it for the low amount of room hes got to carry stuff on the truck
    I would stay away from that kettlebell thing they sell, it is very gimicky. I messed around with it one time in a store and I cannot imagine trying to perform snatches with one of those.

Originally Posted by STR8OUT View Post
    what about having him join a gym that is nationwide like LA Fitness or Planet Fitness? He would just have to find them and map them out on his drives
    This is also a good idea. I would still say he should carry some equipment with him, but at least he would have the option of hitting a full gym every once in a while.
    Last edited by Jimbo.; 11-19-2010 at 10:21 AM.