kimj66 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kimj66 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kimj66 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kimj66 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kimj66 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kimj66 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kimj66 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kimj66 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kimj66 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kimj66 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kimj66 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Specific workouts to target the tricep long head

What workouts should i do to target the tricep long head?

i also compile by tricep with chest days. So i do

bench
    incline
    decline
    flyes

military press
    lateral raises
    rear delt flyes

skull crushers
    v bar pulldowns
    machine dips

and when i skull crush i do like 10 lbs less than my friends, but i can beat them all in bench. Idk why i have such pussy triceps compared to them. They just don't feel like there growing or getting stronger.

i also do 3x10 for everything, 6-8 on the last set.

and i was reading a magazine and it said overhead skull crushers target ur long head more than regular skull crushers.

So now im thinking maybe my friends have more muscle in their long head and i have more in my other 2 tricep muscles i forgot what their called.

So what do you do to target the long head and the other 2 muscles? can you please list them?

i also tried 1 arm over the head dumbbell extension but i am so dead i cannot even do 10lbs. So i gave up on doing those.

Tom Brady = G.O.A.T liftTENhard's Avatar
    liftTENhard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) liftTENhard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) liftTENhard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) liftTENhard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) liftTENhard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) liftTENhard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) liftTENhard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) liftTENhard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) liftTENhard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) liftTENhard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) liftTENhard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by kimj66 View Post
    What workouts should i do to target the tricep long head?

i also compile by tricep with chest days. So i do

bench
    incline
    decline
    flyes

military press
    lateral raises
    rear delt flyes

skull crushers
    v bar pulldowns
    machine dips

and when i skull crush i do like 10 lbs less than my friends, but i can beat them all in bench. Idk why i have such pussy triceps compared to them. They just don't feel like there growing or getting stronger.

i also do 3x10 for everything, 6-8 on the last set.

and i was reading a magazine and it said overhead skull crushers target ur long head more than regular skull crushers.

So now im thinking maybe my friends have more muscle in their long head and i have more in my other 2 tricep muscles i forgot what their called.

So what do you do to target the long head and the other 2 muscles? can you please list them?

i also tried 1 arm over the head dumbbell extension but i am so dead i cannot even do 10lbs. So i gave up on doing those.
    maybe u should incorporate a arm day? so ur not tired after doin so many chest exercise?

http://exrx.net/Lists/ExList/ArmWt.html#anchor122387

kimj66 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kimj66 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kimj66 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kimj66 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kimj66 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kimj66 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kimj66 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kimj66 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kimj66 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kimj66 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kimj66 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    yea i tried to incorporate an arm day
    but i do a 3 day split

chest/tri/shoulder
    back/bic/traps
    legs/calves/

cardio/abs/calves whenever i feel like after those workouts. never do 2 in a row tho other than cardio.

and when i tried to add in arms day my entire 4 day split was whack. and i try and give every muscle 2 days of rest. with the arm day i couldn't get my back or chest fully worked because my biceps or triceps didnt get 2 days of rest and were still sore.

i also just started lifting and im in college so im trying to work everything in less time. Maybe after i get over my "noob" gains ill start spreading things out a lot more.

logically i think maybe they will get stronger because there working so much, but than again i think i should do a fully healed tricep day so i can max out to really gain. IDk lol im no doctor.

So im sorta unsure about my 3 day split as of now. But that 4 day split i was doing was too whack.

and thanks for the link

but i still dont know which workouts target which one of the 3 tricep muscles.

liftTENhard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) liftTENhard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) liftTENhard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) liftTENhard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) liftTENhard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) liftTENhard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) liftTENhard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) liftTENhard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) liftTENhard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) liftTENhard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) liftTENhard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    yea i tried to incorporate an arm day
    but i do a 3 day split

chest/tri/shoulder
    back/bic/traps
    legs/calves/

cardio/abs/calves whenever i feel like after those workouts. never do 2 in a row tho other than cardio.

and when i tried to add in arms day my entire 4 day split was whack. and i try and give every muscle 2 days of rest. with the arm day i couldn't get my back or chest fully worked because my biceps or triceps didnt get 2 days of rest and were still sore.

i also just started lifting and im in college so im trying to work everything in less time. Maybe after i get over my "noob" gains ill start spreading things out a lot more.

logically i think maybe they will get stronger because there working so much, but than again i think i should do a fully healed tricep day so i can max out to really gain. IDk lol im no doctor.

So im sorta unsure about my 3 day split as of now. But that 4 day split i was doing was too whack.

and thanks for the link

but i still dont know which workouts target which one of the 3 tricep muscles.
    i do a 5 day split and it works really well for me right now.... i was doing a 4 day split but then decided to add arms but idk it might be 2 many days at the gym 4 u.....
    chest/tri
    back/bi
    legs
    shoulders
    arms

and then 2 days rest and enjoy the weekend

hmm i like that split
    maybe i could do that

and instead of the 2 days rest repeat haha

i go to the gym everyday
    and just repeat my 3 day split

well somedays i HAVE to skip because of so much hw but i never skip more than 1 day.

but that split really works! haha thanks! i will remeber tis one
    but i heard i should stick to my routine for atleast 4 weeks than change it up.
    So i think ill go with ur 5 day split after this months over.

hmm i like that split
    maybe i could do that

and instead of the 2 days rest repeat haha

i go to the gym everyday
    and just repeat my 3 day split

well somedays i HAVE to skip because of so much hw but i never skip more than 1 day.

but that split really works! haha thanks! i will remeber tis one
    but i heard i should stick to my routine for atleast 4 weeks than change it up.
    So i think ill go with ur 5 day split after this months over.
    u should really take some time off the gym maybe 1 day if not 2.... esp if u use my workout cuz ur tris are prob gonna b dead when u do chest haha and also so u dont overtrain remember u grow out of the gym..... glad i could be of help

oh yea true true

thanks for the help!

bump

westpa30 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    as already suggested above, i would advise to move shoulders onto a seperate day... shoulders by themselves can take up to 45mins+ to hit them properly, plus it'll give you more time to focus on chest and triceps..

as for the long head of the tricep... i always found cable overhead extension with a v-bar always hits the tricep pretty good... it allows an extended range of motion, plus the muscle is kept under tension on the negative (because you are using a cable)
    As a further suggestion - try doing drop sets - 10 reps on your heaviest weight, then move the pin down 3 notches (10 more reps straight away), then move the pin down once again (another 10 reps straight away).. triceps should be blowing up by that time... then repeat for another 2 or 3 sets.

Good luck!