Jamesonon has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

hmm Not seeing progress - something in my training?

Hi - long time reader, first time poster.

So 2 weeks ago I started the gym, dont want to really get big or anything - just want to get fit and get to 175lbs - 180lbs.

When I started off I was on exactly 139lbs (2 weeks ago exact) and as of today im on 147lbs.

Im 6"4. I know its going to be a while before I see any difference but Im just wondering what am I doing wrong. Ive taken before and after measurements and I'm gaining some mass but nothing substantial sticks out that reflects the 9lbs that Ive gained.

I know im going to get some flack since its only been 2 weeks....but ive gained 9lbs....where in god's name is it going?

Please check out the pic below and give me some tips

yfrog.com/0832599524p

Adams08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Adams08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Adams08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Adams08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Adams08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Adams08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Adams08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Adams08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Adams08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Adams08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Adams08 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Well as far as the link goes its not going to work until you have 30+ posts. and the weight well it could be anything, could have been some food, water weight, etc. And since your 6'4" the weight has a lot of places to distribute itself. After 2 weeks i wouldnt expect to see too much of a result either. just keep lifting and results will come in time.
    Bench Press {Aug 9th - 168lbs*}{Nov 9th - 202*}{Goal - 225}
    Squat {Aug 11th - 247*}{Nov 26th - 400*}{Goal - 500}

400lbs squat goal - Nov 26th

*1RPM based from iPod app and taken from best set from regular workout

Foe is on a distinguished road. (+10) Foe is on a distinguished road. (+10) Foe is on a distinguished road. (+10) Foe is on a distinguished road. (+10) Foe is on a distinguished road. (+10) Foe is on a distinguished road. (+10) Foe is on a distinguished road. (+10) Foe is on a distinguished road. (+10) Foe is on a distinguished road. (+10) Foe is on a distinguished road. (+10) Foe is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Jamesonon View Post

So 2 weeks ago I started the gym, dont want to really get big or anything - just want to get fit and get to 175lbs - 180lbs.

When I started off I was on exactly 139lbs (2 weeks ago exact) and as of today im on 147lbs.

Im 6"4. I know its going to be a while before I see any difference but Im just wondering what am I doing wrong. Ive taken before and after measurements and I'm gaining some mass but nothing substantial sticks out that reflects the 9lbs that Ive gained.

I know im going to get some flack since its only been 2 weeks....but ive gained 9lbs....where in god's name is it going?

yfrog.com/0832599524p
    What exactly are you doing at the gym? And what are you eating? The answers will probably lie there.

Instead of saying 'I don't really want to get too big', why not train like you want to and then when you start getting some mass, ease of a bit of the training until you get a desired physique.

And have patience, as you said it's only been 2 weeks.
    Catch yourself on, Elizabeth

appliepie is just really nice. (+1000) appliepie is just really nice. (+1000) appliepie is just really nice. (+1000) appliepie is just really nice. (+1000) appliepie is just really nice. (+1000) appliepie is just really nice. (+1000) appliepie is just really nice. (+1000) appliepie is just really nice. (+1000) appliepie is just really nice. (+1000) appliepie is just really nice. (+1000) appliepie is just really nice. (+1000)

yfrog.com/0832599524p
    as posted above, generally the taller you are the less difference you'll see visually per lb gained/lost. Keep focusing on eating and your lifts and see how you progress.
    2k+

Loading Aesthetics...
    ████████████████ 100%

dogdogs has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dogdogs has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dogdogs has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dogdogs has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dogdogs has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dogdogs has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dogdogs has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dogdogs has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dogdogs has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dogdogs has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dogdogs has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

yfrog.com/0832599524p
    seriously, the only advice anyone can give you is to lift hard 4-5 days a week, and seriously eat everything you see you will get bigger.