Thread: Please Help Me

tzotov has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tzotov has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tzotov has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tzotov has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tzotov has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tzotov has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tzotov has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tzotov has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tzotov has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tzotov has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tzotov has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Please Help Me

I am 21 years old, and for the past 20 years I was an overweight kid who was not noticed neither in the classroom (except by the teacher), nor at the party. But something changed this summer, I decided to join the gym and transform my body.
    I went to the gym 6 times a week, rotated every muscle group plus added cardio for 1 -2 hours for everyday.
    Here is my routine:

Monday:
    Chest - about 6 exercises; first 3 exercises 4 sets about 8-10 repetitions, the other 3, 4 sets about 15 repetitions.
    Abs - 4 exercises, 3 sets around 20 repetitions.
    Cardio - Mixing 10 mins running, 15 mins elliptical, 30mins bicycle (standing)

Tuesday:
    Triceps + abs + cardio (the same routine)

Wednesday :
    Back + abs + cardio

Thursday:
    Biceps + abs + cardio

Friday:
    Shoulders + shrugs + abs + cardio

Saturday:
    Rest

Sunday:
    New cycle

I know it looks crazy, but it has worked. My weight went down from 216 lbs (May 26) to 169 lbs (August 25).
    It is important to add that I had a very restrictive diet.
    Breakfast: 2 bowls of oatmeal (added have a scoop of protein into each) + fruits
    2 breakfast: Salad + tuna
    Lunch: Chicken breast + fruits
    Dinner: Tuna + fruits
    After gym: Protein shake
    2 Dinner (around 6:15 pm): Chicken breast + salad
    I used several supplements: Twinlab Fat burner, Muscle Milk protein, and L-glutamine.

It did work. I started a new semester with a new body. People immediately started to notice me. Whenever I went anywhere, girls would surround me. New friends, new girls, my confidence increased to a new level. However, afterward something happened. It became extremely hard to follow the diet. Occasionally, I started to binge; I just could not resist the temptation. About two weeks ago, I was in the best shape of my life 165lbs lean and cut, now I am losing control. It is harder to keep following the diet, and this circumstance ruins the most important thing in me - my confidence. I do not want to go back to that 216 lbs guy.

I ask you, the bodybuilding community, please give me an advice. What should I do, how to keep my self lean and cut, and most importantly in control? Where to find the best motivation?
    Any advice will be appreciated.
    Thank you

coke and hookers? IIFYM Verbalcody's Avatar
    Verbalcody will become famous soon enough. (+50) Verbalcody will become famous soon enough. (+50) Verbalcody will become famous soon enough. (+50) Verbalcody will become famous soon enough. (+50) Verbalcody will become famous soon enough. (+50) Verbalcody will become famous soon enough. (+50) Verbalcody will become famous soon enough. (+50) Verbalcody will become famous soon enough. (+50) Verbalcody will become famous soon enough. (+50) Verbalcody will become famous soon enough. (+50) Verbalcody will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    It didn't become hard to follow the diet, you're just blowing it

Take a step back and regroup, set a new goal, focus.
    He learned no lessons
    He acknowledged no mistakes

t1mt has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) t1mt has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) t1mt has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) t1mt has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) t1mt has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) t1mt has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) t1mt has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) t1mt has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) t1mt has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) t1mt has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) t1mt has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by Verbalcody View Post
    It didn't become hard to follow the diet, you're just blowing it

Take a step back and regroup, set a new goal, focus.

I completely agree. But I also think you're doing an amazing job already. I'm happy for you and your success dieting
    Thanks,

Tim

Right Mentality Necesary! ReedT's Avatar
    ReedT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ReedT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ReedT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ReedT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ReedT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ReedT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ReedT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ReedT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ReedT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ReedT has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ReedT has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Welcome to the struggle of adapting your new lifestyle into your old life. During the summer, you had plenty of focus on working out and losing weight, awesome job btw. Now you are back in school and it's not so easy to get your workouts in without having to worry about that exam in calc or that essay due for civic studies looming over your head. This is the time that really makes or breaks alot of people. Can you stayed disciplined enough to stay on track or are you going to flop like most people do.

The most important thing is this, you need to keep reminders of your goal all around you to help you shift your mind set from before. Regardless of what you have accomplished physically, you probably still have alot of your old "fat" personality in you. You need to train your mind to the point where it ISNT hard to resist all the temptations (its possible trust me). Often times, you just need a reminder here and there of what you want.

For me, I took a dry erase marker and wrote a big message on my mirror where I will look at it everyday so I start the day with that on my mind and end the day with that at night. Also, I placed muscle and fitness magazines all over the place, places where I would most likely have the most temptation, like on the kitchen table and in the car on my passenger seat. You see the images and start to automatically think "that's what I'm aiming for" or you can do the opposite. Take 2 pictures of you, a before and after, and places them together in the same places to remind yourself oh what you were before and not fall into temptations.

Ultimately, it all boils down to discipline and how bad you want it. Do you have the steel in you or will you bend and break is really up to you.
    "It doesn’t matter what you’ve heard
    Impossible is not a word
    It’s just a reason for someone not to try"
    -Kutless "What Faith Can Do"

(Proper Diet+Correct Training Program)^EFFORT= Results!

Most people walk around like Clark Kent because they don't know they can fly like Superman

OfficialCanadianOfTexas texanadian's Avatar
    texanadian is a name known to all. (+5000) texanadian is a name known to all. (+5000) texanadian is a name known to all. (+5000) texanadian is a name known to all. (+5000) texanadian is a name known to all. (+5000) texanadian is a name known to all. (+5000) texanadian is a name known to all. (+5000) texanadian is a name known to all. (+5000) texanadian is a name known to all. (+5000) texanadian is a name known to all. (+5000) texanadian is a name known to all. (+5000)
    f*ck falling back into fatness! LISTEN! your old lifestyle is GONE! there is no diet for a few years to get in shape just so you can eat unhealthy! you are a new man! you dont want that disgusting fat food! get it together!
    â–©â–©â–©â–©â–© Official Architect of the Misc â–©â–©â–©â–©â–©â–©