Schmeegal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Need a leg workout for speed, vertical leap.

Hey guys, tore my ACL and meniscus playing basketball. Had surgery and realized squatting 5x5 three times a week while playing ball twice a day was extremely dangerous. I'm finally back in the weight room 3 1/2 months post OP ready to do things the right way and get my vertical leap back to where it was.

My leg workout for the passed 3 weeks has been extremely conservative weight wise, but ive felt zero pain and I can see im ready to start getting things serious again. Before my injury I was doing my squats 5v5 at 345 pounds. I would like to get back to that before summer.

Here is the workout I do now. Please let me know what I should alter, tweak, cut or add.

Once a week

Squat 3x10
    leg press 3x20
    Leg Curl 3x10
    calf raises 3x40
    weighted lunges 3x20

The goal for this workout is not necessarily strength but rather explosiveness, vertical leap and SPEED.

Thank you

armyguy.88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) armyguy.88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) armyguy.88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) armyguy.88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) armyguy.88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) armyguy.88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) armyguy.88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) armyguy.88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) armyguy.88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) armyguy.88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) armyguy.88 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Schmeegal View Post
    Hey guys, tore my ACL and meniscus playing basketball. Had surgery and realized squatting 5x5 three times a week while playing ball twice a day was extremely dangerous. I'm finally back in the weight room 3 1/2 months post OP ready to do things the right way and get my vertical leap back to where it was.

My leg workout for the passed 3 weeks has been extremely conservative weight wise, but ive felt zero pain and I can see im ready to start getting things serious again. Before my injury I was doing my squats 5v5 at 345 pounds. I would like to get back to that before summer.

Here is the workout I do now. Please let me know what I should alter, tweak, cut or add.

Once a week

Squat 3x10
    leg press 3x20
    Leg Curl 3x10
    calf raises 3x40
    weighted lunges 3x20

The goal for this workout is not necessarily strength but rather explosiveness, vertical leap and SPEED.

Thank you
    I would personally stil train for strength. when i was in high school my leg days was 2 times a week. one day heavy squats and the second day would be jump squats, and jump cleans. i found jumping with weight on my back inproved my vertiical ALOT. i don't remember what i started at but right before football season (i only worked out over summer may-august) my vertical was 32 inches. it was WAY higher then it ever was. also a good way to increase speed is just by going out and running sprints and sled drags/ parachutes
    eat, train, sleep, eat, train, sleep, eat, train, sleep

"If you want to be world class you must first act world class." - Travis Ortmayer