Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    IsoMaxx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IsoMaxx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IsoMaxx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IsoMaxx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IsoMaxx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IsoMaxx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IsoMaxx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IsoMaxx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IsoMaxx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IsoMaxx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IsoMaxx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

hockey fight results in K.O last night *vid*

I know it's not mma, but thought you guys might like this

forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Hockey is a ****ing joke. The fighting is bull****, and should be banned.
    The best Weightlifting forum on the web:
    www.WLForums.com

Watch the triangle brah JAGERBOY's Avatar
    JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JAGERBOY has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Thumbs down

Yeah real cool, grown men fighting in a fight that shouldn't involve fighting. Grow up.
    "If the data is overwhelmingly in favor of evolution, to deny that reality will make us a cult -- some odd group that is not really interacting with the world"- Evangelical Bible scholar Bruce Waltke

conflictsd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) conflictsd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) conflictsd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) conflictsd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) conflictsd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) conflictsd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) conflictsd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) conflictsd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) conflictsd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) conflictsd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) conflictsd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    glad to see im not the only one that thinks hockey is ****ing stupid for letting players fight during a game... in what other sport can someone just go up to an opponent and punch em in the mouth? oh wait...

deracate chinese frower Mindi912's Avatar
    Location: Space Cadet City, ToughCookieVille, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    So that was legal?
    Perfection in mind, perfect body!

MMA Fight Record:

Amateur 1 - 0 - 0

Pro - 0 - 0 - 1 :(

sh4un is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sh4un is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sh4un is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sh4un is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sh4un is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sh4un is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sh4un is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sh4un is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sh4un is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sh4un is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sh4un is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by forcefedfreak View Post
    Originally Posted by JAGERBOY View Post
    Yeah real cool, grown men fighting in a fight that shouldn't involve fighting. Grow up.
    Originally Posted by conflictsd View Post
    glad to see im not the only one that thinks hockey is ****ing stupid for letting players fight during a game... in what other sport can someone just go up to an opponent and punch em in the mouth? oh wait...
    Its been in the sport since the beginning, if the refs can prevent it they wil, but they arent going to endanger themselves when two 200+lbers wana go at it. Quit acting like old ladies, buddy posted this for the fans who will actually like it, if you knew you didnt like it, why come in and post?

Originally Posted by Mindi912 View Post
    So that was legal?
    No its not legal, you get a 5 minute major for fighting of any type, if you start a fight your team can be served a 2 minute instigator penalty, and if there is anything drastic (other people getting involved, people coming off the bench) your risking game misconducts + suspensions.

conflictsd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) conflictsd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) conflictsd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) conflictsd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) conflictsd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) conflictsd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) conflictsd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) conflictsd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) conflictsd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) conflictsd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) conflictsd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by sh4un View Post
    Its been in the sport since the beginning, if the refs can prevent it they wil, but they arent going to endanger themselves when two 200+lbers wana go at it. Quit acting like old ladies, buddy posted this for the fans who will actually like it, if you knew you didnt like it, why come in and post?

No its not legal, you get a 5 minute major for fighting of any type, if you start a fight your team can be served a 2 minute instigator penalty, and if there is anything drastic (other people getting involved, people coming off the bench) your risking game misconducts + suspensions.
    DUDE... this is a ****ing forum, we're allowed to come in and talk about the topics being posted whether we agree with them or not... jesus...

and yeah im sure hockey has allowed fighting since the begining because im sure it's really the only way to get people watching this boring asss sport... there i said it... but quit acting like the hockey league is doing everything in their power to stop these drunken slugfests... slaps on the wristes... football will kick u out of the league if u consistantly start fist fights...

cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz
    thats funny, when when fights break out in any other sport, the refs aren't scared to try and break it up. Even in combat sports if things get out of hand....they don't seem worried about breaking up the fight.
    If you can't see that point as being an issue....heh, I don't know what to say.
    Now, I'll watch hockey, with out issue....but I agree the fights in it (while entertaining) are BS.

Ooooo, 5 minutes....should be an assault charge or at the very least some form of suspension for the single person (not mentioning clearing the bench)....
    "Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard"

The more I workout at commercial gyms, the more I hate commercial gyms.

Psalms 144:1
    Praise be to the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle.

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart winthorpe's Avatar
    winthorpe is just really nice. (+1000) winthorpe is just really nice. (+1000) winthorpe is just really nice. (+1000) winthorpe is just really nice. (+1000) winthorpe is just really nice. (+1000) winthorpe is just really nice. (+1000) winthorpe is just really nice. (+1000) winthorpe is just really nice. (+1000) winthorpe is just really nice. (+1000) winthorpe is just really nice. (+1000) winthorpe is just really nice. (+1000)
    DUDE... this is a ****ing forum, we're allowed to come in and talk about the topics being posted whether we agree with them or not... jesus...

and yeah im sure hockey has allowed fighting since the begining because im sure it's really the only way to get people watching this boring asss sport... there i said it... but quit acting like the hockey league is doing everything in their power to stop these drunken slugfests... slaps on the wristes... football will kick u out of the league if u consistantly start fist fights...
    Boring? Come on now. Sure, the fighting might seem unneeded to the casual Pats fan, but it's been in there since the beginning, and the sport is, as a whole, much more exciting than football, basketball, and baseball combined.

cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz cgc has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by winthorpe View Post
    Boring? Come on now. Sure, the fighting might seem unneeded to the casual Pats fan, but it's been in there since the beginning, and the sport is, as a whole, much more exciting than football, basketball, and baseball combined.
    Opinion...can't really argue that man.
    My in-laws live breath and sleep baseball (brother in-law pitches in college)....they LOVE that crap.
    Me on the other hand would rather take a brick to the head then suffer through watching that crap on TV....
    So who's right about baseball being an exciting sport? Neither, it's just a preference...not really arguable.

Praise be to the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle.

sorry... i might have been too harsh... especially since i know there's plenty of canadians who love the sport who frequent this forum lol... IMO i think it's boring, and that statement was just kinda troling/joking... hockey is soccer on ice imo... i like football a little better, maybe that's because im a dumb american lol... but any who, like cgc said, in other sports refs have no problem keeping most players from fighting...

sh4un is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sh4un is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sh4un is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sh4un is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sh4un is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sh4un is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sh4un is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sh4un is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sh4un is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sh4un is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sh4un is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Im not knockin ya brah, its just a little disheartening when you make a thread and its instantly a wall of hate, so I was trying to cut op some slack.

But I feel you on the confusion of the sport. No they arent doing anything to stop the fighting, there has been debates about banning the fighting outright forever, but it will never leave because believe it or not, there is RARELY injuries from the fights. The NHL is constantly trying to change the rules to prevent big injuries, but the majority of injuries come from icing races, hits from behind, headhits (hitting someone with thier head down not expecting it). I agree that the fighting is not good for general viewing, but the goons that are out there to intentianlly HURT people are the ones that ruin it and deserve to be dealt with. At least with the fighting both men know what they are getting into, you both drop your gloves and settle it.

winthorpe is just really nice. (+1000) winthorpe is just really nice. (+1000) winthorpe is just really nice. (+1000) winthorpe is just really nice. (+1000) winthorpe is just really nice. (+1000) winthorpe is just really nice. (+1000) winthorpe is just really nice. (+1000) winthorpe is just really nice. (+1000) winthorpe is just really nice. (+1000) winthorpe is just really nice. (+1000) winthorpe is just really nice. (+1000)
    sorry... i might have been too harsh... especially since i know there's plenty of canadians who love the sport who frequent this forum lol... IMO i think it's boring, and that statement was just kinda troling/joking... hockey is soccer on ice imo... i like football a little better, maybe that's because im a dumb american lol... but any who, like cgc said, in other sports refs have no problem keeping most players from fighting...
    I'm from Detroit. We have great hockey and we have the Lions for a football team. Growing up, which one would you have chosen? lol

dont get me wrong brah, i wasn't trying to bash OP... just bashing how the sport conducts itself...

Originally Posted by cgc View Post
    thats funny, when when fights break out in any other sport, the refs aren't scared to try and break it up. Even in combat sports if things get out of hand....they don't seem worried about breaking up the fight.
    you gotta remember these guys are on skates, 95% of the time a hockey fight ends up with people falling and feet up in the air... bad place to be as a ref

and skate cuts have become quite frequent in the past few years, theres a few really graphic ones on youtube

I'm from Detroit. We have great hockey and we have the Lions for a football team. Growing up, which one would you have chosen? lol
    im a charger fan... i can relate.. lol... but i enjoy watching the sport more than having a winning team to bandwagon... i even watch football when the bolts aren't playing... but i hear detroit is a big hockey city... dominant hockey team...

Gaash will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gaash will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gaash will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gaash will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gaash will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gaash will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gaash will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gaash will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gaash will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gaash will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gaash will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    This.

Clark_Kent has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Clark_Kent has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Clark_Kent has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Clark_Kent has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Clark_Kent has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Clark_Kent has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Clark_Kent has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Clark_Kent has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Clark_Kent has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Clark_Kent has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Clark_Kent has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I was the only person to take off my skate and try to stab somebody.

you gotta remember these guys are on skates, 95% of the time a hockey fight ends up with people falling and feet up in the air... bad place to be as a ref

and skate cuts have become quite frequent in the past few years, theres a few really graphic ones on youtube
    Kind of hard to forget the fact that they're on skates with all that ice around them...lol.

Here's the thing though...specifficly in this video...several refs were around the two players and watching the situation. They could have VERY easily broken up this fight before it took place.

And the thing is, every sport (outside of combat sports) fighting is prohibited....including hockey....but for some reason regardless if it's been "allowed" for years the refs don't do dick about it. It's illegal, it slows down the game and if you want to stop the "cuts" from the skates a good start would be to stop the fights. I'm willing to bet you start hitting the players pockets with fines and suspensions it'll bring the volume of fighting down pretty freaken quick.

I like Hockey, the fights are pointless.

blindsideflank has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blindsideflank has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blindsideflank has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blindsideflank has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blindsideflank has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blindsideflank has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blindsideflank has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blindsideflank has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blindsideflank has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blindsideflank has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blindsideflank has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    just had to come in here to rep the few people who know what the hell they are talking about.
    hockey > sports with 1 minute breaks every 5 seconds
    i do hate that guys now go for takedowns to end the fight though, that should be an additional penalty.

pobablsy pointless to continue this but i will anyaways.
    if you dont want to fight you dont have to, it IS part of the game and it does not happen enough to slow the game down. it is a momentum shifter and the players appreciate when their guy is willing to scrap to try and rev up the team.

saying all other sports dont allow it so they shouldnt is like saying you cant kick the ball in the net in hockey so you shouldnt be allowed in soccer. different sports, dont try to compare the rules
    Last edited by blindsideflank; 10-08-2010 at 09:41 AM.

Originally Posted by blindsideflank View Post
    pobablsy

IsoMaxx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IsoMaxx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IsoMaxx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IsoMaxx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IsoMaxx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IsoMaxx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IsoMaxx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IsoMaxx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IsoMaxx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IsoMaxx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IsoMaxx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Um, no. Fighting is part of the game, that is something that alot of you don't understand. Just like when baseball managers get in funny little yelling matches with the umps, and they are flailing around and acting like idiots, it is part of the culture, and it will be a part of hockey forever.

Gaash will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gaash will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gaash will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gaash will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gaash will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gaash will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gaash will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gaash will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gaash will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gaash will become famous soon enough. (+50) Gaash will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    just had to come in here to rep the few people who know what the hell they are talking about.
    hockey > sports with 1 minute breaks every 5 seconds
    i do hate that guys now go for takedowns to end the fight though, that should be an additional penalty.

pobablsy pointless to continue this but i will anyaways.
    if you dont want to fight you dont have to, it IS part of the game and it does not happen enough to slow the game down. it is a momentum shifter and the players appreciate when their guy is willing to scrap to try and rev up the team.

saying all other sports dont allow it so they shouldnt is like saying you cant kick the ball in the net in hockey so you shouldnt be allowed in soccer. different sports, dont try to compare the rules
    The fighting is retarded. The sport, different story. But the fighting is completely idiotic and only there to try to increase ratings. It's not "part of the sport" that is a load of ****.

Originally Posted by Gaash View Post
    It's not "part of the sport" that is a load of ****.
    What are you talking about? Fighting is a major part of the sport. I grew up on hockey, and part of the fun of watching a game is waiting for a fight.

Von Brawn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Von Brawn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Von Brawn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Von Brawn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Von Brawn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Von Brawn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Von Brawn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Von Brawn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Von Brawn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Von Brawn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Von Brawn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Don't understand why they allow fighting in hockey... but both guys ate some solid shots.

Lol'd when one of the announcers channeled Rogan, "right on the button"

forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) forcefedfreak has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by I****xx View Post
    Um, no. Fighting is part of the game, that is something that alot of you don't understand. Just like when baseball managers get in funny little yelling matches with the umps, and they are flailing around and acting like idiots, it is part of the culture, and it will be a part of hockey forever.
    So because another major sport has some bull**** in it too, it justifies fights in hockey? Strong logic. Mangers get ejected and fined at times too, and there is a big difference between yelling and fighting. Not to mention baseball isn't exactly a fast paced sport.

Fighting is not part of hockey. No where in the rule book does it say anything about fighting being part of the game. Maybe if they got rid of the bull**** people would actually watch it. That's something you don't understand.
    The best Weightlifting forum on the web:
    www.WLForums.com

but baseball actually tries and stops the managers from doing that by ejecting them from the game+fines... that is why it is rare for them to do it... hockey on the other hand, does very little to stop the fighting... that's why fights are so common...

well, if u like the fighting in hockey then good for u... but if i really wanted to see a athletic skilled fight, i'll just stick to MMA... but thanks for the vid anyways

Originally Posted by Gaash View Post
    The fighting is retarded. The sport, different story. But the fighting is completely idiotic and only there to try to increase ratings. It's not "part of the sport" that is a load of ****.
    Ratings? It's been in the sport since the beginning, ya know, in the 1800s.

What are you talking about? Fighting is a major part of the sport. I grew up on hockey, and part of the fun of watching a game is waiting for a fight.
    honestly, i think u would enjoy yourself better if u just cut through the bull crap that is hockey and go str8 for MMA... cuz it sounds like you're just waiting for a fight to break out lol...

I'm going to say this as nice as I can....

That was quite possibly the dumbest thing I have read in here in some time.

Here....show me where in here it says that fighting is allowed, is a strategic part of the game and does NOT result in a penalty.
    http://www.nhl.com/league/ext/rules/..._Rule_Book.pdf

If you can't show me any of those...guess what....it's not "part of the game" and a better control over those situations should be had.
    Actually I'll make it easy for you....in reading the section on fighting (sec. 47, pages 69 - 73) , I don't see one instance where there is not some kind of penalty or fine. OK, so then if fighting "part of the game" like you said, do you get fined for scoring too? I mean, scoring IS part of the game too, right? Why would you be fined, penalized and or suspended for playing the game right/by the rules?
    Last edited by cgc; 10-08-2010 at 10:11 AM.