Registered User thatswhatshesed's Avatar
    thatswhatshesed is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thatswhatshesed is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thatswhatshesed is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thatswhatshesed is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thatswhatshesed is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thatswhatshesed is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thatswhatshesed is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thatswhatshesed is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thatswhatshesed is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thatswhatshesed is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thatswhatshesed is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Wink choosing between Riptoe or "best bulking routine" which is better

Hey all, im an ectomorph with a 6 months lifting experience, but in those 6 months i was not doing what i should have done as a beginner- i was doing to many isolation excersises and working out 5 days a week, and not eating enough.

Now i am bulking, and i found 2 workout plans which are apparently great. I would like you to look at the 2 routines and please say which is better for an intermediate lifter (i have gone to personal trainers recently and learned perfect form for major lifts, but dont know power cleans yet.)

Below are 2 links, which is better for gaining weight>??

Riptoe-
    wannabebig.com/forums/showthread.php?82345-Rippetoe-s-routine

BB.com bulking workout:
    bodybuilding.com/fun/wotw55.htm

thanks guys/ girls i really appreciate your help!!!

bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Starting strength is better (bulking or not).
    Qualifying for long drive contest with 328 yard drive
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKrGuFlqhaA

2017 Utah State Longest drive. This one went 328 and got me into finals
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lx-_3HrZzI4

2017 Rockwell challenge. 325 yards
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeuB2rPMcBA

Caged_Rav3n is on a distinguished road. (+10) Caged_Rav3n is on a distinguished road. (+10) Caged_Rav3n is on a distinguished road. (+10) Caged_Rav3n is on a distinguished road. (+10) Caged_Rav3n is on a distinguished road. (+10) Caged_Rav3n is on a distinguished road. (+10) Caged_Rav3n is on a distinguished road. (+10) Caged_Rav3n is on a distinguished road. (+10) Caged_Rav3n is on a distinguished road. (+10) Caged_Rav3n is on a distinguished road. (+10) Caged_Rav3n is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    With strenght comes size, in order to get bigger you have to get stronger, the stronger you get the more you life the bigger you get.

Ripptoe's SS is great for building strenght, and with that will come the size.

thatswhatshesed is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thatswhatshesed is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thatswhatshesed is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thatswhatshesed is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thatswhatshesed is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thatswhatshesed is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thatswhatshesed is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thatswhatshesed is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thatswhatshesed is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thatswhatshesed is a jewel in the rough. (+500) thatswhatshesed is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Caged_Rav3n View Post
    With strenght comes size, in order to get bigger you have to get stronger, the stronger you get the more you life the bigger you get.

Ripptoe's SS is great for building strenght, and with that will come the size.
    cool, thanks. So is that link that i posted the right riptoe program i will want to follow for bulking? I have found quite a few variations while surfing the web, not sure which is the right one.

Caged_Rav3n is on a distinguished road. (+10) Caged_Rav3n is on a distinguished road. (+10) Caged_Rav3n is on a distinguished road. (+10) Caged_Rav3n is on a distinguished road. (+10) Caged_Rav3n is on a distinguished road. (+10) Caged_Rav3n is on a distinguished road. (+10) Caged_Rav3n is on a distinguished road. (+10) Caged_Rav3n is on a distinguished road. (+10) Caged_Rav3n is on a distinguished road. (+10) Caged_Rav3n is on a distinguished road. (+10) Caged_Rav3n is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=998224

Also if you can buy the book, it goes into much more detail on everything, Rippe also has some vids floating round on youtube showing how to do some stuff properly.
    Last edited by Caged_Rav3n; 08-04-2010 at 10:31 AM.

tom10 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tom10 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tom10 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tom10 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tom10 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tom10 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tom10 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tom10 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tom10 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tom10 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tom10 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I also vote Rippetoe's as it is the fastest way for a newbie to progress.

Side note: don't call yourself an ecto because you are skinny and a beginner. Assuming in this sport is the way of the **** up.

Originally Posted by Caged_Rav3n View Post

Also if you can buy the book, it goes into much more detail on everything, Rippe also has some vids floating round on youtube showing how to do some stuff properly.
    everyone is calling this a noobie routine, is it still appropriate for me, i have been lifting constantly for 6 months, but with isolation excersises and have somewhat plateud. should i take a more advanced program, since i have lifting experience, or will this one give me great gains?

thanks again all!!

tom10 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tom10 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tom10 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tom10 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tom10 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tom10 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tom10 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tom10 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tom10 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tom10 is on a distinguished road. (+10) tom10 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by thatswhatshesed View Post
    everyone is calling this a noobie routine, is it still appropriate for me, i have been lifting constantly for 6 months, but with isolation excersises and have somewhat plateud. should i take a more advanced program, since i have lifting experience, or will this one give me great gains?

thanks again all!!
    It is best to start with a "noobie" routine than to start too advanced. The worst that could happen is that you perfect your form, increase your work capacity and add some size and strength. Overestimating what you are will run you into a wall as the intermediate programs usually contain too much workload for a beginner to progress on.

Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz
    cool, thanks. So is that link that i posted the right riptoe program i will want to follow for bulking? I have found quite a few variations while surfing the web, not sure which is the right one.
    given what you have been doing in the gym you are still a noob.

This is not the right Rippetoes program though it is actually form a thread on this board, and an incomplete write-up of that thread at that.

You want to buy and read the book it will help you a lot but to get started here is what you need yo read:

http://startingstrength.wikia.com/wi..._Strength_Wiki
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No. 11

"As iron sharpens iron so one man sharpens another" Proverbs 27:17

Nuwin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nuwin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nuwin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nuwin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nuwin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nuwin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nuwin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nuwin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nuwin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nuwin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Nuwin will become famous soon enough. (+50)

thanks again all!!
    If you have to ask, then yes, a 'n00b' routine is the way to go. People define n00b a little different, but it usually revolves around your lift numbers in the major compound exercises, not the length of time you've been training. I lifted for 6 years and would still consider myself to be in the n00b ranks based solely on lifts.

My personal classification of n00b status is different though. Since you have a goal but you do not know the best way to get there, you're a n00b, and stick to the n00b or predefined routines. As you grow with the program, hopefully you will also get an understanding of why you are doing the routine a certain way and also why it is effective across a wide group of people. Intermediate programs really are no different from n00b programs, except that the progression is slower to accommodate greater recovery needs. You may start to throw in some accessory work at this point to target certain aspects at this point if you feel something is lacking.

At the end of the day, the general idea is the same for each person. However, the exact details of execution are what varies from person to person. IE, Calorie consumption, responding to different stimulation methods, etc. Once you understand what is optimum for you, then you shall no longer be a n00b. Until then, you just have to put faith in a well respected program like Starting Strength.

Originally Posted by Nuwin View Post
    If you have to ask, then yes, a 'n00b' routine is the way to go. People define n00b a little different, but it usually revolves around your lift numbers in the major compound exercises, not the length of time you've been training. I lifted for 6 years and would still consider myself to be in the n00b ranks based solely on lifts.

My personal classification of n00b status is different though. Since you have a goal but you do not know the best way to get there, you're a n00b, and stick to the n00b or predefined routines. As you grow with the program, hopefully you will also get an understanding of why you are doing the routine a certain way and also why it is effective across a wide group of people. Intermediate programs really are no different from n00b programs, except that the progression is slower to accommodate greater recovery needs. You may start to throw in some accessory work at this point to target certain aspects at this point if you feel something is lacking.

At the end of the day, the general idea is the same for each person. However, the exact details of execution are what varies from person to person. IE, Calorie consumption, responding to different stimulation methods, etc. Once you understand what is optimum for you, then you shall no longer be a n00b. Until then, you just have to put faith in a well respected program like Starting Strength.
    ok, thanks! these have been by far the most helpful answers i have recieved.

thanks everyone, looking forward to starting this routine!

Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Kirra has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    It's R-I-P-P-E-T-O-E damnit.

G8GXP is on a distinguished road. (+10) G8GXP is on a distinguished road. (+10) G8GXP is on a distinguished road. (+10) G8GXP is on a distinguished road. (+10) G8GXP is on a distinguished road. (+10) G8GXP is on a distinguished road. (+10) G8GXP is on a distinguished road. (+10) G8GXP is on a distinguished road. (+10) G8GXP is on a distinguished road. (+10) G8GXP is on a distinguished road. (+10) G8GXP is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Kirra View Post
    It's R-I-P-P-E-T-O-E damnit.

It is damn it or dam nit