Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    jamesdean530 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jamesdean530 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jamesdean530 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jamesdean530 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

304 @ 41%bf down to well.......... heck I'll be thrilled with any bodyfat loss.

Well this is my first Forum. Hello and thank you for taking time to read this.
    May 22, 2010 is the day I decided to make a big change in my life, to loose any bodyfat I can.
    My first pic Is the reason why I decided to make a change in my life, this pic is me weighing in at 304 @ 41% bodyfat.

Currently as of today, 255 @ 28% bodyfat, past 2 weeks my weight has been bouncing around 250.5-256 just can't seem to break the 250 barrier. But I can't complain at 255 I havn't been at this weight in well over 10 years.

As my current financial situation is can't afford to attend a gym or purchase any fitness extra fitness equipment, so I make do with what I got, a mountain bike for cardio, and a lot of cinder block I use for weights and I got a watch for my B-day with a heartrate monitor for cardio, but Im able to purchase a protein supplement that I make last me for 2 weeks.

I try to do cardio 7 days a week, I bike for a hour I'm up to 13 miles im currenty doing intervals, I keep my heartrate in 60-65% range.

In the past 2 weeks I've started using weights (cinder blocks and a steel pipe) muscles are starting to come around, not as sore as I first started.
    Attached Images
    Every journey evey trip you take in life begin with that first step you take. You may not know the outcome good or bad, better or worse, you just don't know till you try, you can spend days even years wondering should I or shouldn't I have done this sooner. Just take a chance the results will be worth it in the end.
    -James Dean 530

mongoose1011 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mongoose1011 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mongoose1011 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mongoose1011 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mongoose1011 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mongoose1011 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mongoose1011 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mongoose1011 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mongoose1011 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mongoose1011 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mongoose1011 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    keep it up bro

I have a bit of a ghetto gym too. Just an exercise I got from ebay second hand, a weight bench that my brother made in shop class and a heavy dumbell with a heap of weights.

it sounds like you are using what resources you have effectively. Ive lost 10 lbs in my first 3 weeks with my cheap and limited equipment.

Good luck and keep updating!

jamesdean530 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jamesdean530 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jamesdean530 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jamesdean530 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by mongoose1011 View Post
    keep it up bro

I have a bit of a ghetto gym too. Just an exercise I got from ebay second hand, a weight bench that my brother made in shop class and a heavy dumbell with a heap of weights.

it sounds like you are using what resources you have effectively. Ive lost 10 lbs in my first 3 weeks with my cheap and limited equipment.

Good luck and keep updating!
    Thanks Mongoose1011 for the support.

Finally after 11 weeks Im under 250 lbs.!!! (started at 304) Changing up my diet even more Carbs 40%, Protein 40%, and Fats 20% during the work week. And on the weekends leaving it at Carbs 70%, Protein 20% and Fats 10%. Since saturday I do a full body workout, that leaves me totally drained.
    Every journey evey trip you take in life begin with that first step you take. You may not know the outcome good or bad, better or worse, you just don't know till you try, you can spend days even years wondering should I or shouldn't I have done this sooner. Just take a chance the results will be worth it in the end.
    -James Dean 530

mongoose1011 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mongoose1011 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mongoose1011 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mongoose1011 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mongoose1011 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mongoose1011 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mongoose1011 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mongoose1011 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mongoose1011 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mongoose1011 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mongoose1011 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by jamesdean530 View Post
    Thanks Mongoose1011 for the support.

Finally after 11 weeks Im under 250 lbs.!!! (started at 304) Changing up my diet even more Carbs 40%, Protein 40%, and Fats 20% during the work week. And on the weekends leaving it at Carbs 70%, Protein 20% and Fats 10%. Since saturday I do a full body workout, that leaves me totally drained.
    youve slashed your gut pretty noticably. i'll keep up my home gym sessions if you do

but seriously excellent job.

Mrredundant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mrredundant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mrredundant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mrredundant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mrredundant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mrredundant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mrredundant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mrredundant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mrredundant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mrredundant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mrredundant has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Awesome job James!, and I can sympathize both with where you started and the financial situation, it wasn't until last month that I had some extra money to join a local gym here.

before that I lost all my weight simply walking a TON (eventually jogging and running) around the neighborhood... I found mapmyrun.com and started my journal there, recorded my miles and time and kept pushing myself.

so very well done and keep up the brilliant work, it doesn't matter where your exercise happens so long as it DOES happen ... also if you are interested you can get ripped just using a "prison workout" which I did for a while too.

http://www.cactusjuice.com/blogs/arc...n-Workout.aspx

keep smokin' those lbs!
    Progress Blog:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=525801073#post525801073

youve slashed your gut pretty noticably. i'll keep up my home gym sessions if you do

but seriously excellent job.
    Thanks,
    Not sure were my waist was when I started more than likely above 50. But now Im down to 44 ( last week when I used a tape measure). I know I was using a belt before, to keep my pants up if my button popped or broke on my jeans. Now I need a belt to keep my pants up because they too loose. Waiting till I hit my goal weight before I spend money on newer clothes.
    -James Dean 530

Hey Mrredundant, thanks for the post and support!
    I been slacking a bit lately on my cardio lately because of all the rain instead of a hour Ive been cutting it shorter to 45 min.
    I do a lot of my cardio on my bike, as for running and jogging I keep that short, since high school I've hyperextended both my knees (left 5, right 4 or right 5 left 4) well anyways I push myself what I can when running and jogging. I have trouble with them swelling up from doing to much. So im thinkng if I loose more weight and get my active using my knees more maybe the jogging and running won't bother my knees so much.

As for my diet believe me its hard when everyone in my household is eating sweets, pizza, softdrinks, eating fast food while Im eating tuna out of a can !! But on the up note on the weekends with me increasing my carb intake it helps!
    -James Dean 530

Diet !!! More questions than answers.

Ok enough of the low carbs !!!
    I didn't have to work last night so this gave me the chance to find a better carb/pro/fat ratio to go by. From what research I found I was on the right track for my daily calorie intake but, that was just my basic metabolic rate. I didn't calculate in my cardio or weight training or other activities how many calories more I needed. or the fact of how much bodyfat I still had. Eventually after do web searches on nutrient caculations it brought me back to bodybuilding.com, The caculator i use was by ISSA, which provided me with the information I was lacking to begin with on calculating daily calorie ratio.
    So instead of using 40/40/20 @ 2063 calories!!! I at 60/25/15 @ 3557 !!!
    ( Now maybe I won't feel like Im starving all the time !!!! )
    -James Dean 530

Talking Round 2 (2nd 12 weeks time for some changes)

Ok since I first started this forum Im making some changes, I eased up on my diet this past week (gained a couple of pounds). Getting ready to start my 2nd 12 weeks (which will be up right before Thanksgiving), I've been working on my diet plan nutrition needs and exercise to incorperate. I'm gonna stick with a 3050 cal 40/40/20 ratio.

My protein shakes or meals I use 2%milk, a yogurt, usually I end up with a 350 cal
    31g carb, 39g pro, 7g fat.(this is the time I take my omega-3 pills).

My good fats I get from Omega-3 fish oil 1000mg ( 6 softgels 3 times a day or less if Im eating salmon or tilapia that day, which I added a couple times a week with rice. I've also added some almonds daily also. I still use oilve oil (the one I use also has omega-3 and DHEA) for salads(mixed with italian dressing) and tuna.

My workouts ive switched to splits 3 days a week(Mon,Wed,Fri) heavier cardio along with abs and calves(Tues,Thurs,Sat) I still do some cardio Sunday but I really don't push myself that hard. When I get up eveyday (in morning or afternoon depening if im working days or nights. I eat some form of protein (higher carb-Mon,Wed,Fri lower carb-Tues,Thur,Sat) before I do any form of workout and after my workout.
    -James Dean 530

Cool First week of using weights !!! Man I could use a lot of carbs right now.

Well first week of my new workout plan. didn't go the way I planned it. a few bumps and stumbles along the way some muscles are so weak I couldn't do all the sets I planned. I've been using cinder blocks for weights and I got a couple of 10 pound plates I've used for some exercises. Some muscle groups are a lot weaker that I thought and I've really never trained those muscle groups before. So Im very sore right now I know in time Ill get stronger.

Im trying to stick to my 40/40/20 ratio but after workouts I add a few more carbs to my intake.

Tomorrow no weights just cardio oh and abs almost forgot to add that. Then Monday Ill start my second week.
    -James Dean 530

cmrock207 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cmrock207 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cmrock207 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cmrock207 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cmrock207 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cmrock207 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cmrock207 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cmrock207 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cmrock207 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cmrock207 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) cmrock207 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Awesome progress so far, man. Stick with it!
    Former nearly-300-lb club.

There is life, and there is death, and the difference between either one is one single breath.

Cool Fat loss has slow down, cant tell.

Thanks for the comment Cmrock207, your support is greatly appericated !!!

Well I know muscle weights more than fat.... so for this period (2nd 12 weeks) I not gonna be so concern with real fast weight loss. But on my off days from weight training ive cut back on some of carb intake. Which even though I eat every 3 hours I'm up 6-7 meals a day, like earlier had a tuna salad sandwhich on whole wheat bread and 8 oz. of milk. Which kept me full for a while. At my last meal I drank protein powder with mik, and a yogurt. My whey protein powder I use has very little carbs (3) the milk and yogurt I added brought my carb intake up to 27! So jus to kick up my carbs a bit more and to keep me fuller longer I ate a 1tbsp. of peanut butter also, anytime I get hungry before Im schedule to eat my next meal I'll eat a spoonful of peanut butter to carve my cravings. Morning will be here soon and bed time.
    When I get up this afternoon Monday Chest & Triceps !
    -James Dean 530

AESTHETIC BEASTMODE Keyboardsmasher's Avatar
    Keyboardsmasher has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Keyboardsmasher has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Keyboardsmasher has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Keyboardsmasher has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Keyboardsmasher has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Keyboardsmasher has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Keyboardsmasher has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Keyboardsmasher has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Keyboardsmasher has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Keyboardsmasher has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Keyboardsmasher has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Good stuff.

Dere is NO offseason DREhova 87's Avatar
    DREhova 87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DREhova 87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DREhova 87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DREhova 87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DREhova 87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DREhova 87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DREhova 87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DREhova 87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DREhova 87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DREhova 87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DREhova 87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Hey much props for trying to make things work with what you got. Looks like you made the right move with increasing your calories. I just learned that with myself. My metabolism is in the crapper and I am currently rehabbing it. Great job on your progress so far!
    -100lbs Club

www.3DMUSCLEJOURNEY.com
    Natural Bodybuilding's Dream Team

are you eating natural peanut butter? Its more or less the same when it comes to calories but I think it tastes a lot better and I have read it is better for you nutritionally. Its basically smushed up peanuts into a paste and put into a jar. If you buy it make sure you open the lid carefull and mix in the oil that will be on the surface of it- its just natural peanut oil.

It definately works for me when Im craving something savoury and fatty. A decent spoonful is about 150 cals, the same as normal PB but it deals with the cravings better than normal PB

Thanks Keyboardsmasher

Originally Posted by Keyboardsmasher View Post
    Good stuff.
    -James Dean 530

Thanks for the support cota0429!!!

When I was doing my first 12weeks about midway I started checking around to see what ratios I should be using, I found one and stuck too it, but when I moved from more cardio to using more weight training I realize i was eating the same stuff, same amounts but the difference my muscles were staying sore longer.
    At the end of my first 12 weeks I researched again to change my ratio again, the first time I just went by my daily maintenance needs, but I wasn't including my added workouts and cardio time. Now I still have my ratio at 40/40/20, but instead of 2063 calories im at 3300 calories on workout days, cardio days I take it down to 3000. Now Ill eat something before I workout and right after my workout is done. My muscles seem to feel fuller now and the soreness go aways alot faster.

When I finish this 12 week session it will be right before Thanskgiving. I know with the holidays its gonna be hard, but up to New Years eve I gonna see what a lower carb session will do for me.

Originally Posted by cota0429 View Post
    Hey much props for trying to make things work with what you got. Looks like you made the right move with increasing your calories. I just learned that with myself. My metabolism is in the crapper and I am currently rehabbing it. Great job on your progress so far!
    -James Dean 530

Talking Peanut Butter MMMMMMMMM!!!

are you eating natural peanut butter? Its more or less the same when it comes to calories but I think it tastes a lot better and I have read it is better for you nutritionally. Its basically smushed up peanuts into a paste and put into a jar. If you buy it make sure you open the lid carefull and mix in the oil that will be on the surface of it- its just natural peanut oil.

It definately works for me when Im craving something savoury and fatty. A decent spoonful is about 150 cals, the same as normal PB but it deals with the cravings better than normal PB
    I usuallly just buy cheap GV peanut butter at Wal-Mart. As much as this household goes through pb is a better deal ! I use it also a essential good fat food, along with fish oil, olive oil and almonds.
    -James Dean 530

I usuallly just buy cheap GV peanut butter at Wal-Mart. As much as this household goes through pb is a better deal ! I use it also a essential good fat food, along with fish oil, olive oil and almonds.
    see if you can pick up some natural PB just for yourself. Its a heck of a lot better for you and tastes great

Talking

see if you can pick up some natural PB just for yourself. Its a heck of a lot better for you and tastes great
    Ill try and sneak some into the shopping cart next time shopping. Then lock it up when I get it home.
    -James Dean 530

checking in on you mate hows it going

checking in on you mate hows it going
    Hey Mongoose1011,
    Been slacking abit since I injured myself, Im ok now , getting back on track and resuming full workouts this week!
    -James Dean 530

phazein has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey Mongoose1011,
    Been slacking abit since I injured myself, Im ok now , getting back on track and resuming full workouts this week!
    Glad your ok, Your doing great keep up the good work!

diesel_dog will become famous soon enough. (+50) diesel_dog will become famous soon enough. (+50) diesel_dog will become famous soon enough. (+50) diesel_dog will become famous soon enough. (+50) diesel_dog will become famous soon enough. (+50) diesel_dog will become famous soon enough. (+50) diesel_dog will become famous soon enough. (+50) diesel_dog will become famous soon enough. (+50) diesel_dog will become famous soon enough. (+50) diesel_dog will become famous soon enough. (+50) diesel_dog will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hey Mongoose1011,
    good to hear you are back to the grind. keep up the good work man.
    USMC

Ride or die

this is probably completely redundant but if for some reasons you cant exercise because of injuries or other circumstances you will stay make progress with clean eating and the calorie deficit.

dont see a non-workout day as neccessarily a wasted day

if youve had a few days where you have hit your BMR or gone slightly over dont let it de-rail you. it feels awful but ive had a handful of days like that but in a few days you will forget about them!

Registered Manmore VerticalDreams's Avatar
    VerticalDreams has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) VerticalDreams has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) VerticalDreams has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) VerticalDreams has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) VerticalDreams has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) VerticalDreams has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) VerticalDreams has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) VerticalDreams has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) VerticalDreams has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) VerticalDreams has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) VerticalDreams has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    excellent work bro! keep it up! I am impressed with your enthusiasm and consistency! as well as your results! inspirational stuff!

tybolton has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tybolton has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tybolton has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tybolton has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tybolton has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

keep it up

I'm impressed with your efforts and determination. Try push ups for arms and chest since you don't have any weights...keep pushing...
    MOTIVATED.FOCUSED.DETERMINED.

Ty Bolton

Yep, guys a legend in the making I reckon. if keeps it up he will end up looking pretty good imo

Mrredundant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mrredundant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mrredundant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mrredundant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mrredundant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mrredundant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mrredundant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mrredundant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mrredundant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mrredundant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mrredundant has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Heya jamesdean530, just dropping in and saying, really looking good in the new avatar pic, WELL DONE, I see some major progress... I hope you are back in routine after your injury (those really really suck when you are motivated and in routine)
    hope to hear from ya soon, keep strong and focused <3
    Progress Blog:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=525801073#post525801073

Getting back on track!!!

Ok first wanna say a thanks to everyone who's checking up on my progress! And want to give a personal thank you to (phazein, diesel_dog, vertical dreams, ty bolton and lets not forget mongoose1011 and Mrredundent who's been keeping me motivated since I started.)

Alright injury is better but I can still feel it during certain movements. I know I need to post some recent progress pics, just need to find out who has my camera at the moment!

Well I recently won a $50 gift card, and what did I do with it? I bought resistance tubes to workout with and a another container of protein.

Currently my bodyweight has been bouncing around between 244-249 for almost a month now, I think its time for a change in my diet, today is my first attempt in cutting carbs very low going to try this for 3 days to see if this will make a difference, Im still keeping my protein intake very high and eating more good fats. So far today im doing very well in my opinion on staying away from carbs, my stomach on the other hand is voicing a opinion about this!

Oh I tried natural peanut butter ..........the jar didn't last very long, taste great didn't even last a week!
    -James Dean 530