K-Jay has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) K-Jay has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

How to properly use Bodyfat scales

Ok so I got Tanita bodyfat scales but I need to know about how I should set it up. Should I go with athlete mode or standard? Should I set my activity level at 1(Sedentary), 2(moderate) or 3(active). Although currently I am out of shape, overweight and have a fairly sedentary lifestyle. I plan to consistently train and exercise for at least an hour 5 or 6 days a week. So obviously for my first weigh in, I will use it in standard mode with the sedentary activity level, but from then on should I use athlete mode with level 3 activity setting?

Bennuendo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bennuendo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bennuendo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bennuendo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bennuendo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bennuendo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bennuendo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bennuendo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bennuendo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bennuendo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Bennuendo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by K-Jay View Post
    Ok so I got Tanita bodyfat scales but I need to know about how I should set it up. Should I go with athlete mode or standard? Should I set my activity level at 1(Sedentary), 2(moderate) or 3(active). Although currently I am out of shape, overweight and have a fairly sedentary lifestyle. I plan to consistently train and exercise for at least an hour 5 or 6 days a week. So obviously for my first weigh in, I will use it in standard mode with the sedentary activity level, but from then on should I use athlete mode with level 3 activity setting?
    I'm just going to mention straight up that regardless of the level you select you are going to get varied readings with your scale depending on the time of day, how much water is in your body and so on. It will also only tell you an estimation on your lower body's body fat percentage. They're not very accurate or consistent. You might be better off with a set of body fat calipers.

But... if I were you, just pick a setting and stick with it through out. From what you're saying I'd maybe go with standard mode with a level 2 (moderate) and stay at that mode until you've really improved your activity level and body overall.. that way your readings will be slightly more consistent.
    http://benguinter.com/

Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz
    The athelete mode vs standard mode is body type not actually activity level. A sumo wrestler would be very active and very likely a professional athelete but would still use standard mode.

These are also notoriously inaccurate, you would get more accurate results using the $4 caliper from BB.com.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No. 11

"As iron sharpens iron so one man sharpens another" Proverbs 27:17