Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
    Advanced_Bot is on a distinguished road. (+10) Advanced_Bot is on a distinguished road. (+10) Advanced_Bot is on a distinguished road. (+10) Advanced_Bot is on a distinguished road. (+10) Advanced_Bot is on a distinguished road. (+10) Advanced_Bot is on a distinguished road. (+10) Advanced_Bot is on a distinguished road. (+10) Advanced_Bot is on a distinguished road. (+10) Advanced_Bot is on a distinguished road. (+10) Advanced_Bot is on a distinguished road. (+10) Advanced_Bot is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    oh the other good news i got is that i an official fight for the card on the 25th, have to come in at 161lbs, currently 163, i can hopefully get somebody to record it, it will be my 5th bout

Advanced_Bot is on a distinguished road. (+10) Advanced_Bot is on a distinguished road. (+10) Advanced_Bot is on a distinguished road. (+10) Advanced_Bot is on a distinguished road. (+10) Advanced_Bot is on a distinguished road. (+10) Advanced_Bot is on a distinguished road. (+10) Advanced_Bot is on a distinguished road. (+10) Advanced_Bot is on a distinguished road. (+10) Advanced_Bot is on a distinguished road. (+10) Advanced_Bot is on a distinguished road. (+10) Advanced_Bot is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I just came back from the gym after doing a 1 on 1 session with the pro coach and man it was pure torture today but worth it lol

I did 12 mins of shadow boxing in the ring, went onto the heavy bag and did 5 4 minute rounds, now when i do bag work with this coach theres no such thing as slowing down or trying to find a way to take breaks, constantly punching and moving and working i swear i may have thrown close to 1500 punches all together and who knows but it was alot

the next stuff we did was a pure conditioning circuit , i did 3 minutes of plyo jumps on the ring followed by the plank for 3 minutes followed by doing superman for 3 minutes back to plyo jumps for 3 minutes then onto leg raises (he alternated the height of my legs, every minute i had to raise them slighlty higher, did this for 3 mins with a quick 20-30 second break and then repeated the same exercise for 3 more minutes) after leg raises i got up and grabbed two broom sticks, had to hold them straight out from my side, infront of me and over me for a minute each, that concluded the workout, was very tough but the efforts/gains will help make marginal progress in the ring

Update:

I have been training like usual, we havent had any sparring this week because tonight our boxing club is hosting a show and every1 fighting on the card had spent this last week touching up on their skills, as far as my fight goes i have to weigh in between 160-162 (i know the guy im fighting and his coach, he is not lying about his fighter's weight when he tells us that he weighs anywhere between 157-161) i checked my weight this morning i was between 159-160, i had a small bowl of whole wheat pasta and after i post this i will have a nice long lap, weigh ins are not until 5 and fights start at 7, i dont expect to fight until at least MAYBE 830 but more likely closer to 9, i will try and get a video tonight this is my 5th fight im pumped up its fight night! going to do my best

Update:

Had my fight this weekend, weighed in at 161.5lbs, I ended up having my worst fight performance to date which costed me a split decision lost, and regardless of the bad performance, the guy i fought, his coach, the whole entire gym all thought i should of won, it was actually kind of obvious i should of to but i didnt perform well and here are some cliff notes to the fight

Boxed well in the first round, easily countering and winning exchanges, stuck to the guy lik glue he had no where to go

second round and third round, stayed close to the guy, should of moved more and not be so open, no clue why, but hands were all over the place, turned the fight into a brawl, took some shots that i shouldnt have or wouldnt if i fought like my previous fights, although it was a brawl i was getting the better exchanges and was cleary in better shape, not to mention alot faster and stronger

got a bloody nose and a cut under my eye in the third, still came forward throwing, knocked kids mouth guard flying, should of went to the body more, when i did go to the body buddy was hurt bad, also hurt him bad with a nice straight left that wobbled him but instead of boxing him i looked too much to brawl

all in all, my coach rewared me on my efforts and heart, but not performance, he says if i boxed like i normally do in my other fights, it would of been an easy quick night for me, he agrees i should of won fight but did not deserve it the way i fought he thinks i tried to hard to redeem myself for the tournament i couldnt fight in, also being a home show i had alot of friends and family watch, he thinksmy nerves could of got the best of me, coach says we will work alot on mental aspects and preparations in the gym, my conditioning and skill sets are there i just need to focus better

i iwll admitt, alot of the stuff i did in this fight was not a replication of how i been sparring, i wasnt mixing my punches, not moving as much, and just displayed some sloppy punching, however, good parts of the fight; i did land some flush shots and combinations, did hurt the guy to the body, i stunned him with some nice straight punches, better luck next time, probably get a rematch with this guy, his coach is very reliable and will most likely accept rematch

i dont have a video uploaded yet, all i have is pictures at the moment

BenT is just really nice. (+1000) BenT is just really nice. (+1000) BenT is just really nice. (+1000) BenT is just really nice. (+1000) BenT is just really nice. (+1000) BenT is just really nice. (+1000) BenT is just really nice. (+1000) BenT is just really nice. (+1000) BenT is just really nice. (+1000) BenT is just really nice. (+1000) BenT is just really nice. (+1000)
    Shame about the loss buddy. Keep up the good work and I'm sure you will more than make up for this minor blip in your next outing!
    531 for Wrestling: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=150559883

52 books challenge: 9
    Currently reading: "I am Legend"

Hey man, its alright, it happens in boxing thats the way it is sometimes, on a good note, i have positive updates, since the last fight i been training hard, running, sparring ( i had three good sparring sessions of 3x3 min rounds with a pro) and guess what? i fought yesterday, a rematch against a guy i previously had beaten in december and i have to say this fight was ALOT better than my last fight 3 weeks ago, i looked alot better in there, i was busy working off counters/combinations, i ended up winning a 3-0 decision last night so its all good

i did not take a video however, the guy had some friends take a low quality video and he allowed me to keep the link so i will post it, it was a great fight for both of us, the kid improved alot and we put on a show, im in the blue corner

ps this was my 6th fight i felt like this was one of my best bouts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tO7rOPz4sNM

Just checking in, havent posted in a while but training has been good, tweeking up my diet and getting ready to add more road work in (havent done much since my last fight) but sparring is going well, going hard against the more experienced guys is toughening me up again, i sparred 3 times this week, my nose, sides and arms are sore lol, working alot on the inside and working the body shots and mixing up combinations, our club is having another show may 6th, that is my guaranteed next fight, now, i could of fought on the 28th this month but i have an important event to go to but i just got news that another club in the same city is having a show on the 27th and they asked our coach for a fighters list but there are some problems (booking it off work, and, on the boxing website that lists all the club shows says that this club show is actually on the 28th not the 27th hoping that the website made a typo) but we'll see, will keep this log updated as much as possible

BenT is just really nice. (+1000) BenT is just really nice. (+1000) BenT is just really nice. (+1000) BenT is just really nice. (+1000) BenT is just really nice. (+1000) BenT is just really nice. (+1000) BenT is just really nice. (+1000) BenT is just really nice. (+1000) BenT is just really nice. (+1000) BenT is just really nice. (+1000) BenT is just really nice. (+1000)
    That's cool man. Good to hear training's going well.

By the way, I'm about to purchase my first pair of gloves (16oz). Any recommendations?

Plan to use it for thai boxing as well though, but most probably mainly for boxing.

Hey man, it all depends, alot of people like twins for muay thai and boxing, when it comes to gloves i usually buy 10-12oz and so far i had a decent pair of rival boxing gloves (used them alot) and i just recently purchased a pair of hayubusha (sorry if spelling is incorrect) 12 oz bag gloves, great wrist support and they fit nice and snug and the 12oz gloves feel more like 14+, i also ordered a pair of cleto reyes which are supposed to be solid but they havent arrived yet so im not sure, i would do some research, in my opinion, like any sport good equipment is costly and buying a decent pair of bag gloves that give you good support and are of good quality maybe costly

today was decent for training, i got to the gym, skipped 2-3 rounds, and did some running, lately every tuesday for the last few weeks our one coach has been making us do laps outside, one warm up lap and then 3 timed laps, to challenge us to beat our times, our gym is in an old highschool which sits in the middle of a crescent, each lap is about 600m so 3 laps is 1800m making it a little more than a mile, anyways, i did it in 6:22 today which is not so bad that probably puts me at a 5:50 mile or so, after that we went inside, did some agility exercises, 2 rounds of shadow boxing, then did 4 2 min rounds of sparring, i felt a little weak and off today, between that run and the hours i been working has drained me alot so the last couple of tuesdays sparring sessions have been a little more difficult, i got to be more consistant with doing my roadwork and conditioning, i currently weigh about 168lbs, although im in decent shape, ill be alot better off at like 160-162 and that owuld be great to get down to by next week seeing as i could possibly be fighting on the 27th this month and then the 6th of may other than that training has been good

Wednesday: met up with the pro coach, early morning workout, did 10-12 mins shadow boxing, 10-12 mins of handpads and then 3 or 4 4 min rounds on the ba theni had to go to work,i cant remember if i did any road work on this day not sure

Thursday: 5 mile jog, went to boxing, skipped, shadow boxed, handpads and agility drills with bag work and floor work

Friday: went to the gym to meet up with coach again, did 10-12 mins shadow boxing, i think 4x4 min rounds on the bag then did floor work, we did these exercises in order: plank, shoulder touch plank, pushups, burpees and squat jumps, did the first set by doing each exercise for 10 seconds then moved up to 20 then 30 and worked back down from 30 back to 10 went home and did a 5mile jog

Saturday: hardly anybody was at the gym, did a similar workout to fridays, shadow boxing 10-12 mins, 4x4 min bag rounds, every round focused on technique and rythm, no power punching but constantly punching and moving your feet, and bending your knees, mixing punches up, after this we went and did hallway sprints for 10 mins and finished off with the same floor exercises as friday, was going to do a timed mile run but only to realize that i forgot my stop watch, didnt matter, instead i did a simple 3 mile jog, going to try and do a 3 mile jog tomorrow morning, and since ill most likely be woking all day monday going to try and get roadwork and bag work in sometime i hope

Forever Cuttin' =/ MikeHoncho636's Avatar
    MikeHoncho636 is just really nice. (+1000) MikeHoncho636 is just really nice. (+1000) MikeHoncho636 is just really nice. (+1000) MikeHoncho636 is just really nice. (+1000) MikeHoncho636 is just really nice. (+1000) MikeHoncho636 is just really nice. (+1000) MikeHoncho636 is just really nice. (+1000) MikeHoncho636 is just really nice. (+1000) MikeHoncho636 is just really nice. (+1000) MikeHoncho636 is just really nice. (+1000) MikeHoncho636 is just really nice. (+1000)
    do you do any weight training with boxing?

I used to lift weights way before boxing and did have some decent numbers for some of the major lifts, but then i started boxing i couldnt maintain both, i have tried on and off combine them but havent had any success and for me personally, as much as i would like to combine both i dont know if it will happen, maybe during the off season in the summer when there are less oppurtunities to fight and such i might but we'll see, i have lost a good amount of muscle mass since i joined boxing (i expected that with the volume of cardio i do outside of boxing) but it hasnt hindered my strength in the ring, i feel comfortable, alot more flexible and loose which is good, but ya if i find time to do some sport specific weight training (more explosive olympic style lifting) then ill add it but right now i wont

Tuesday: skipped 3 rounds, did agility drills, shadow boxed and a bit of bag work, then i did 4 rounds of 3 minutes of pretty much just body sparring with another fighter, was good stuff, my right hook to the body has improved leaps and bounds, i didnt have much of a body hook like 6 months ago but since i been working 1 on 1 with the pro coach for the last several months ive really developed a strong hook, sometimes its a little wide but im working hard on keeping it nice and tight and snapping it quick, my coach thinks that my right hook is my strongest punch

Wednesday: shadow boxing 10-12 minutes, then 5 4 minute rounds on the bag of just continuous punching, mixing up the punches, not really using a whole lot of power in this drill but its designed to keep you continuously moving and punching without thinking it also serves as a great drill for conditioning, overall great workout, looks like the fight this friday is off, the other coach didnt get to our coach about possible fights, however, i have 2 different opponents lined up for the 6th of may and ill find out who ill be fighting next week

on a side note, im currently sitting around 167-168 looks like ill be getting down to around 162 for the 6th got to get a few good roadwork sessions in and relaly watch what i eat

dansta will become famous soon enough. (+50) dansta will become famous soon enough. (+50) dansta will become famous soon enough. (+50) dansta will become famous soon enough. (+50) dansta will become famous soon enough. (+50) dansta will become famous soon enough. (+50) dansta will become famous soon enough. (+50) dansta will become famous soon enough. (+50) dansta will become famous soon enough. (+50) dansta will become famous soon enough. (+50) dansta will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    May I ask, which boxing gym you work out at? Do you live in Toronto area?

Hey man, i workout at the niagara falls gym, i am somewhat familiar with some of the gyms in the toronto area (ie cabbage town) but have never been up to one before

Thursday: our gym had like an iron man workout going on, we had 5 stations set up, alot of it focused on core exercises and cardio, we had to do each station for 10 minutes and go onto the next

Friday: got together with the pro coach, 10-12 mins of shadow boxing followed by 6 4min rounds on the bag then i went onto those 5 exercises i posted before ( plank, shoulder touch plank, push ups, burpees and squat jumps) going from 10 seconds to 20 up to 30 and back down from 30 to 10 seconds, finished off with 1 3min round of shadow boxing

Update: still training, 3-5x a week, today i went to the gym and warmed up with rounds of skipping, ladder exercises and some shadow boxing, got into the ring and sparred 3x3 min rounds (been a while since i did 3 min rounds) with a light heavy weight i held up pretty strong and landed decent combinations and counters between exchanges, went onto do bag work, wasnt sure if they were 3 or 4 min rounds but did 3 of them non stop punching and moving, hallway sprints for 10 mins and then floor exercises (the same exercises i posted last time it seems to be the routine we do after a boxing workout) i currently weigh around 172lbs, my birthday is coming up and id like to get down to 162ish i got my work cut out for me got to buy some groceries and do a little more cardio outside the gym

Monday: did a 5 mile jog

Tuesday: 3 mile jog , went to boxing later in the day, skipped a few rounds, had a feeling we were going to do some running outside, we did one warm up lap around the gym and then 3 timed laps (3 laps around the gym being over a mile) i did it in around 6:15, still the quickest of every1, got back into the gym for some shadow boxing and bag work which consisted of speed drills, power, etc, then finished off with floor exercises

Today: met up with the pro coach at the gym, did 12 mins of shadow boxing then 4 4min rounds on the bag with 30 second breaks and then 1 more round of shadow boxing, todays training consisted of keep me fighting over my front foot and continiously moving it/driving it with non stop punching, worked alot on keeping the hands high and in front, bending properly, rolling the shoulders and turning the wrists, doing all these things at once to have a constant rythm and to put continuous pressure on the opponent, this 1 on 1 training with the pro coach is paying off, am finally picking up much better and getting used to his training style, very happy with todays results, maybe going for a 5 mile jog later on

good to hear that training is going well mate. Keep it up!

Update:

Its been a long while since i posted in this log, im still training but not as much as i would like, work is very busy this summer so i can only go 2 maybe 3x a week, as far as fighting goes, we'll have to see, sometimes club shows dont always go through because people are busy in the summer so its not always a guarantee when oppurtunities arise, anyways, will resume training for the summer but wont be upset if i dont fight until later in the year, just been busy alot!

It has been such a long time since posting in this log, I had a pretty laid back summer, I did go to the gym through June and July (closed for the month of August) but trained very little, not too many guys were in the gym because of work and other things plus I was busy too, the worst was that I did barely any running at all, I did put on some weight, naturally you would if youre not trying to stay in top shape but as a result Im back in the gym and in the mix of things, I had a slow start back in September, its been rough up until recently; I just started getting abck into running and getting back into routine, eating alot better now (this has been the toughest part, I ate sooo bad over the summer so getting abck into good eating habbits wasnt easy) so hopefully in 2-3 weeks time Ill be back at a healthy weight and strong again. As far as sparring goes I been getting alot of rounds in, im working back to 3x3 min rounds with like 20 second breaks in between, I started doing 1 on 1s with the pro coach again (starting last week and going tomorrow for some more punishment), my highest weight was 185, right now im just a tad over 175, I am guessing ill be around 169 or so at the end of this month and hopefully 165 or less after a week or two in November

I wont recap all the training i did the last few weeks but for this week:

Mon: Ran 5 miles, went to Boxing, did a 10 minute warmup with the group, made them run laps around the gym and called out different exercises for them to do, shadow boxed 2-3 rounds, sparred 3x3 rounds with a pro, then did some floor exercises

Will update later on what happens today in Boxing, so far i did my 5 mile run this morning, going to take a few more runs to get readjusted into routine again (while i work alot, starting in the morning then finishing at night, my goal is to get my runs in as early and as quick as possible)
    Last edited by Advanced_Bot; 10-23-2012 at 12:38 PM.

lskandar is just really nice. (+1000) lskandar is just really nice. (+1000) lskandar is just really nice. (+1000) lskandar is just really nice. (+1000) lskandar is just really nice. (+1000) lskandar is just really nice. (+1000) lskandar is just really nice. (+1000) lskandar is just really nice. (+1000) lskandar is just really nice. (+1000) lskandar is just really nice. (+1000) lskandar is just really nice. (+1000)
    glad to see you're still training man. I find it hard to update too, mainly out of forgetfulness.

Hey man, long time no talk, whats happening? I see you put on some mass, 186lbs now? last time i think you were like 170, nice. Hopefully training is going well on youre side, I did very mediocre training in the summer it wasnt worth posting in here, just starting to get back into it again.

Tuesday: I did my 5mile jog, at boxing we did a 20+ minute run/exercise drill around the gym, basically mixing up sprints, crossovers, that kind of thing. i did a few rounds of shadow boxing and then 2 3min rounds of sparring, I was feeling pretty tired, running and boxing together for the first time in months proves to be a challenge for now, my legs will get strong again and then it will be like nothing.

Wednesday: 5 Mile jog, went to the boxing gym to meet the professional trainer. I did 12 min shadow boxing, then we worked on things I need to improve on during the bag work which was 4x4 min rounds, basically to keep my hands infront, let the punches out, shorten them when I need to when up close and to keep my hands infront of my face on the inside, sometimes i have a habbit of having my head to foward so we really stressed on keeping myself backk

Thursday: 5 mile jog, went to boxing, shadow boxed various rounds, got in the ring, the first round the coach forgot to start the timer off the bat, so i think the first round was more like 3:30, 25 second break then went into another 3 min round. I did 2 more 3 min rounds of pure body punching, was really intense, the coach got in the ring hollering at us to keep working and keep our hands moving and turning our punches up, i was very exhausted, could barely finish the floor work after, once im back into condition everything will be smooth sailing lol

I'm currently 175lbs which is good, I been sticking to my 5 mile jogs (mon-fri only) im going to get some track work in on saturday after the gym, and an easy 3 mile jog on sunday, hopefully be 165 in the next 2 weeks

jamesggg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jamesggg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jamesggg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jamesggg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jamesggg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jamesggg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jamesggg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jamesggg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jamesggg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jamesggg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jamesggg is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    u ever read infinite intensity by ross enamait

lskandar is just really nice. (+1000) lskandar is just really nice. (+1000) lskandar is just really nice. (+1000) lskandar is just really nice. (+1000) lskandar is just really nice. (+1000) lskandar is just really nice. (+1000) lskandar is just really nice. (+1000) lskandar is just really nice. (+1000) lskandar is just really nice. (+1000) lskandar is just really nice. (+1000) lskandar is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Advanced_Bot View Post
    Hey man, long time no talk, whats happening? I see you put on some mass, 186lbs now? last time i think you were like 170, nice. Hopefully training is going well on youre side, I did very mediocre training in the summer it wasnt worth posting in here, just starting to get back into it again.
    Sry I didn't get around to replying, was injured and took a lot of time off the internet in general. Bit of a recluse.

Yeah, I'm 190 at the moment, but my bf% is higher than it probably should be. I'm in good shape though and getting better.

Hope your training is going good, good luck with it all.