Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Recomp & Motivated Arr =) sid007's Avatar
    sid007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sid007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sid007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sid007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sid007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sid007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sid007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sid007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sid007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sid007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sid007 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Post Whats Easier? Skinny Guys gaining mass or Big guys losing fat?

Wondering what's easier. I keep seeing two type of body types.

- Skinny guys that gain muscle and usually look cut but still small

- Big guys that lose body fat and transform and usually have more muscle to start with but it's harder for them to get cut.

What are your thoughts? Which one is easier or would one rather have the other?
    Down 15% BF Up 6 % Muscle in 7 months (March, April, May, June, July, Aug, Sept 2010)
    Maint / Recomp (oct 2010 - July 2011)
    Aug/Sep/Oct '11 - fat loss / cut Goal: 1 lb every 5 days / (3500 cals burnt every 5 days - 400 cal deficit food | 300 cal deficit gym daily)

My Fat Stack: Fish Oil, Olive Oil, Flax, PB, Eggs, Almonds, Almond Butter, CLA
    My Protein Stack: Chicken, Lean Steak, Deli Turkey, Fish, Egg Whites, Greek Yogurt, Cottage Cheese, ON Whey

Demagogue28 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Demagogue28 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Demagogue28 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Demagogue28 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Demagogue28 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Demagogue28 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Demagogue28 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Demagogue28 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Demagogue28 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Demagogue28 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Demagogue28 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Always easier to lose fat then gain muscle.

Resident Pedal Masher robbie_vlad's Avatar
    robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) robbie_vlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Easier to lose fat, but I'd rather be smaller and have to gain muscle personally (for various reasons).
    Is breá liom mo eagla.

JeffyDOS is a name known to all. (+5000) JeffyDOS is a name known to all. (+5000) JeffyDOS is a name known to all. (+5000) JeffyDOS is a name known to all. (+5000) JeffyDOS is a name known to all. (+5000) JeffyDOS is a name known to all. (+5000) JeffyDOS is a name known to all. (+5000) JeffyDOS is a name known to all. (+5000) JeffyDOS is a name known to all. (+5000) JeffyDOS is a name known to all. (+5000) JeffyDOS is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I think it is mentally harder to lose fat as a large male than it is to gain mass as a thin male.

However, physically, I think it is more challenging to add lean mass onto a thin male rather than lose fat on a large male.

Ultimately though, it boils down to how much knowledge, experience, dedication, and consistency you have.

cheeseandrice will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheeseandrice will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheeseandrice will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheeseandrice will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheeseandrice will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheeseandrice will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheeseandrice will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheeseandrice will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheeseandrice will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheeseandrice will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheeseandrice will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by robbie_vlad View Post
    Easier to lose fat, but I'd rather be smaller and have to gain muscle personally (for various reasons).
    THIS, losing fat SUCKS!!!!!!!

id rather start out a skinny hard gainer ecto than a endo that needs to drop weight
    Vegan

"there are ZERO conclusive and definitive peer-reviewed studies proving detrimental effects of phytoestrogens in dietary soy intake"

Lookitskeith has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lookitskeith has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lookitskeith has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lookitskeith has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lookitskeith has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lookitskeith has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lookitskeith has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lookitskeith has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lookitskeith has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lookitskeith has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lookitskeith has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by sid007 View Post
    Wondering what's easier. I keep seeing two type of body types.

- Skinny guys that gain muscle and usually look cut but still small

- Big guys that lose body fat and transform and usually have more muscle to start with but it's harder for them to get cut.

What are your thoughts? Which one is easier or would one rather have the other?
    As a skinny guy trying to get big i say being skinny, at leas tthe fattys have the mass haha just have to work off the fat! I have to build EVERYTHING
    I am here to share lulz, stories, pics, support, advice, help, and brotherhood. If you ever need anything shoot me a PM.

metroins has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) metroins has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) metroins has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) metroins has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) metroins has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) metroins has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) metroins has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) metroins has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) metroins has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) metroins has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) metroins has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by cheeseandrice View Post
    id rather start out a skinny hard gainer ecto than a endo that needs to drop weight
    Agreed, I'd rather be skinny than fat. Losing fat is super easy once you learn about calories + protein. It basically is "Stop doing this and you gain results" whereas putting on muscle you have to constantly work/push harder, eat more and be controlled (not gain fat). Putting on muscle is more work.
    Last edited by metroins; 06-22-2010 at 09:03 PM.
    Life is easy when you take personal responsibility
    MMMC - Assistant to the Assistant of the Secretary of Assistance

I don't do limits.

Ivan088816 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ivan088816 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ivan088816 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ivan088816 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ivan088816 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ivan088816 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ivan088816 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ivan088816 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ivan088816 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ivan088816 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ivan088816 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I hate having to lose fat and cant comprehend how guys complain that they are not hungry and cannot eat enough. If that was me Id be eating steaks and peanut butter all day everyday. Its baffling to me when people say they have no apetite.

Imo it is more fun to be skinny having to bulk to gain muscle.

Plus... those gains, as a skinny guy, will tend to be leaner and any excess fat gained can most likely easily be cut
    Always Rep back

Recomp & Motivated Arr =) sid007's Avatar
    sid007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sid007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sid007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sid007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sid007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sid007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sid007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sid007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sid007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sid007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sid007 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Ivan088816 View Post
    I hate having to lose fat and cant comprehend how guys complain that they are not hungry and cannot eat enough. If that was me Id be eating steaks and peanut butter all day everyday. Its baffling to me when people say they have no apetite.

Imo it is more fun to be skinny having to bulk to gain muscle.

Plus... those gains, as a skinny guy, will tend to be leaner and any excess fat gained can most likely easily be cut
    Yeah I'm thinking it would be more enjoyable to bulk versus cut

But gaining just lean muscle is hard work but so is losing fat.
    Down 15% BF Up 6 % Muscle in 7 months (March, April, May, June, July, Aug, Sept 2010)
    Maint / Recomp (oct 2010 - July 2011)
    Aug/Sep/Oct '11 - fat loss / cut Goal: 1 lb every 5 days / (3500 cals burnt every 5 days - 400 cal deficit food | 300 cal deficit gym daily)

My Fat Stack: Fish Oil, Olive Oil, Flax, PB, Eggs, Almonds, Almond Butter, CLA
    My Protein Stack: Chicken, Lean Steak, Deli Turkey, Fish, Egg Whites, Greek Yogurt, Cottage Cheese, ON Whey

DemonaL will become famous soon enough. (+50) DemonaL will become famous soon enough. (+50) DemonaL will become famous soon enough. (+50) DemonaL will become famous soon enough. (+50) DemonaL will become famous soon enough. (+50) DemonaL will become famous soon enough. (+50) DemonaL will become famous soon enough. (+50) DemonaL will become famous soon enough. (+50) DemonaL will become famous soon enough. (+50) DemonaL will become famous soon enough. (+50) DemonaL will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I started working out with a friend... Him being slim, me being the big one... From the start my strength overcame him for quite some time... Him on his bulk and me on my cut, he was able to surpass me, I would rather been smaller when I started then the fat kid.

This Space For Rent painted_klown's Avatar
    painted_klown is a name known to all. (+5000) painted_klown is a name known to all. (+5000) painted_klown is a name known to all. (+5000) painted_klown is a name known to all. (+5000) painted_klown is a name known to all. (+5000) painted_klown is a name known to all. (+5000) painted_klown is a name known to all. (+5000) painted_klown is a name known to all. (+5000) painted_klown is a name known to all. (+5000) painted_klown is a name known to all. (+5000) painted_klown is a name known to all. (+5000)

Talking

I agree with everyone above.

As a fat guy, it is a mental challenge to lose the weight. A constant struggle, that when you fail at or give up altogether for a bit, can lead to disasterous results and an even harder struggle to overcome.

If you start out skinny and try to bulk, and you stop for a bit, you just stay skinny without doing too much real "damage" to your health and/or physique.

I would rather have always been the skinny kid who is a hard gainer...
    Last edited by painted_klown; 06-22-2010 at 09:38 PM.

In Starvation Mode Brklyns_Finest's Avatar
    Brklyns_Finest will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brklyns_Finest will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brklyns_Finest will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brklyns_Finest will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brklyns_Finest will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brklyns_Finest will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brklyns_Finest will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brklyns_Finest will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brklyns_Finest will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brklyns_Finest will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brklyns_Finest will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    no doubt skinny.... BEING FAT SUCKS! lol thats why im trying not to be anymore. skinny people, unless theyre absolute twigs, rarely get as much crap from other ppl than fat guys do

Flatz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Flatz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Flatz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Flatz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Flatz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Flatz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Flatz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Flatz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Flatz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Flatz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Flatz will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hopefully I will have an opinion on this once I have reached my weight loss goal, and then start working on bigger strength gains.

Gusthebus is just really nice. (+1000) Gusthebus is just really nice. (+1000) Gusthebus is just really nice. (+1000) Gusthebus is just really nice. (+1000) Gusthebus is just really nice. (+1000) Gusthebus is just really nice. (+1000) Gusthebus is just really nice. (+1000) Gusthebus is just really nice. (+1000) Gusthebus is just really nice. (+1000) Gusthebus is just really nice. (+1000) Gusthebus is just really nice. (+1000)
    Losing fat is harder gaining muscle is easier it's easier to eat then not to eat
    1k+ 100% of the time

mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50) mpipes will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I'd say it's equally difficult.

Skinny hardgainers are that way because eating a lot is not natural to them, and when they do eat a lot they subconsciously increase their activity, so gaining mass is more difficult.

For big guys to get lean takes a lot of discipline. Eating small and getting lots of activity is not natural for them, hence why they're fat in the first place. Just when you've made great progress you see a pic of someone else that's leaner and you realize just how much farther you have to really go.

It's a mindgame either way you look at it.

However, I'd rather be a big guy having to diet down, because once the dieting is done, the muscle mass is already there.

Clamz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Clamz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Clamz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Clamz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Clamz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Clamz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Clamz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Clamz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Clamz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Clamz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Clamz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    it varies by individual. Some skinny guys can throw on lbs of muscle a month, some can't. Some fat guys can cut quickly, some can't. I'd rather be thin and be able to constantly build, than have to build for a while then stall my muscle progress while I'm shedding the fat.

ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ejthomp is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Much, much, much harder to gain muscle than lose fat. Don't confuse gaining muscle with gaining fat. Most people think that if they are getting stronger and getting heavier that they are gaining muscle when the truth is that most of their gains are probably fat. Gaining fat is easy...but gaining muscle is very hard and SLOW......

Losing fat is so much easier that there is no comparison.

Never knew it until I really tried it.

On a reasonable diet....an over weight person could lose 100 pounds in a year.

On a perfect diet...while lifting weights like a mad man....gaining 20 pounds of muscle in a year would be fantastic.

Gaining muscle 5x harder than losing fat.
    A diet isn't punishment. A diet is a way to reward your body with the wholesome, nutritious food that it needs. Your body composition is a direct reflection of what you put in your mouth.

BunkMoreland has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BunkMoreland has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BunkMoreland has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BunkMoreland has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BunkMoreland has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BunkMoreland has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BunkMoreland has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BunkMoreland has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BunkMoreland has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BunkMoreland has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BunkMoreland has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    agreed with most that is on here. though, it may be harder to gain muscle than lose fat- i would've rather started off on the other side of the equation (be a little skinny guy instead of a big fat guy), for many reasons.
    "lady who goes fishing with men, comes back with red snapper" ~ Walt Whitman, 1986

★★ Blast it With Piss Crew ★★

♋ Mods close my wat do threads Crew ♋

Ashinder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ashinder has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Who says that the fat guy has muscle to begin with? What about a fat person who's weak?

Clamz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Clamz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Clamz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Clamz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Clamz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Clamz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Clamz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Clamz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Clamz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Clamz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Clamz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by ejthomp View Post
    Much, much, much harder to gain muscle than lose fat. Don't confuse gaining muscle with gaining fat. Most people think that if they are getting stronger and getting heavier that they are gaining muscle when the truth is that most of their gains are probably fat. Gaining fat is easy...but gaining muscle is very hard and SLOW......

Gaining muscle 5x harder than losing fat.
    For you.

canadiancoops is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) canadiancoops is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) canadiancoops is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) canadiancoops is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) canadiancoops is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) canadiancoops is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) canadiancoops is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) canadiancoops is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) canadiancoops is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) canadiancoops is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) canadiancoops is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    try being a skinny fat guy who has to lose the fat and then build the muscle...now that's tough lol
    The body doesn't struggle to lose weight...the mind does - keep measurements, keep your sanity.

I'm an Englishman living in Canada...oh how I miss a decent curry!

Former skinny fat member @ 158lbs - now 205lbs and 15%. It's been a long journey but a rewarding one.

kevsworld will become famous soon enough. (+50) kevsworld will become famous soon enough. (+50) kevsworld will become famous soon enough. (+50) kevsworld will become famous soon enough. (+50) kevsworld will become famous soon enough. (+50) kevsworld will become famous soon enough. (+50) kevsworld will become famous soon enough. (+50) kevsworld will become famous soon enough. (+50) kevsworld will become famous soon enough. (+50) kevsworld will become famous soon enough. (+50) kevsworld will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    We probably think whatever the OTHER guy has to do is easier. I have a little harder time losing fat, so I envy the guys that get to eat and eat in order to put on muscle.

Acquiring Spartan Status KAbjorn's Avatar
    KAbjorn will become famous soon enough. (+50) KAbjorn will become famous soon enough. (+50) KAbjorn will become famous soon enough. (+50) KAbjorn will become famous soon enough. (+50) KAbjorn will become famous soon enough. (+50) KAbjorn will become famous soon enough. (+50) KAbjorn will become famous soon enough. (+50) KAbjorn will become famous soon enough. (+50) KAbjorn will become famous soon enough. (+50) KAbjorn will become famous soon enough. (+50) KAbjorn will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    As a once fat man myself (240 lbs at 6'2 freshmen in highschool) I can tell you that I would have preferred to start skinny and work my way up rather then start large and cut down. A skinny guy never really gets made fun of, but I was teased and while in the end I'm glad I was, I can tell you that my self image just turned to sh*t I was anorexic for a while and went down to 140lbs at 6'3 and I lost all that weight in the time frame of 2.5 months. Not healthy.

So I digress, I would have much rather been skinny to start then fat.
    "Till taught by pain, men know not water's worth." - Lord Byron.

liammccarthy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) liammccarthy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) liammccarthy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) liammccarthy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) liammccarthy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) liammccarthy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) liammccarthy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) liammccarthy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) liammccarthy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) liammccarthy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) liammccarthy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Grass is always greener... Some Pro's and Con's:

Skinny Guy Pro's:
    Stays Lean almost all the time
    Can eat just about anything in large quantities

Fat Guy Pro's:
    Retains muscle easily
    Once down to a certain BF% can easily eat enough to gain lean mass

Skinny Guy Con's:
    It takes longer and is harder to build muscle than lose fat
    Appetite can sometimes not be big enough to easily eat enough to gain

Fat Guy Con's:
    Bad social perception
    Constant caloric deficit is socially hard to maintain (and if done incorrectly can impact metabolism making it harder to lose fat)

All in all I would say that both have their pro's and con's and are equally challenging when all is considered.

illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illiniStrive has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by liammccarthy View Post
    Grass is always greener... All in all I would say that both have their pro's and con's and are equally challenging when all is considered.
    ^This

Jonesy08 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jonesy08 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jonesy08 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jonesy08 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jonesy08 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jonesy08 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jonesy08 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jonesy08 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jonesy08 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jonesy08 is a name known to all. (+5000) Jonesy08 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by liammccarthy View Post
    Grass is always greener... Some Pro's and Con's:

Skinny Guy Pro's:
    Stays Lean almost all the time
    Can eat just about anything in large quantities

Fat Guy Pro's:
    Retains muscle easily
    Once down to a certain BF% can easily eat enough to gain lean mass

Skinny Guy Con's:
    It takes longer and is harder to build muscle than lose fat
    Appetite can sometimes not be big enough to easily eat enough to gain

Fat Guy Con's:
    Bad social perception
    Constant caloric deficit is socially hard to maintain (and if done incorrectly can impact metabolism making it harder to lose fat)

All in all I would say that both have their pro's and con's and are equally challenging when all is considered.
    Good post. For me one of con's for a skinny guy (not being able to easily eat enough) would be pro so overall i think they have it easier. Imagine being able to eat whatever you wanted and still stay lean, it's like a dream come true. Sounds f'en awesome to a former fatty like me who will ALWAYS have to monitor his intake.

Not to mention women often find skinny men attractive (ie look at you average male celeb heartthrob like Beckham, Zac Efron etc) but it's very rare to find women who find fat guys attractive (ie Kevin James, Chris Farley etc).

Q115 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Q115 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Q115 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Q115 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Q115 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Q115 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Q115 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Q115 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Q115 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Q115 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Q115 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Losing fat is easy. You hear people who have lost 50 pounds of fat a year all the time, but you'll never hear a guy who put on 50 pounds of muscle a year.

Flatz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Flatz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Flatz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Flatz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Flatz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Flatz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Flatz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Flatz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Flatz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Flatz will become famous soon enough. (+50) Flatz will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I would say that the two situations are very different kinds of difficult.
    A skinny person can work to gain muscle, but even if they give up, they likely aren't worried about health or body image. They may simply be a little too lazy to dedicate an hour out of the day to lift some weights.

A person who has spent much of their life overweight will likely have a lot of body issues and low self esteem. They have to battle as they completely change their way of living 24 hours a day. And if they suffer from depression or low self esteem then they really have to adjust their whole way of thinking to overcome those obstacles.

So it's a difference between a physical challenge and a mental challenge.

Piranha89 is just really nice. (+1000) Piranha89 is just really nice. (+1000) Piranha89 is just really nice. (+1000) Piranha89 is just really nice. (+1000) Piranha89 is just really nice. (+1000) Piranha89 is just really nice. (+1000) Piranha89 is just really nice. (+1000) Piranha89 is just really nice. (+1000) Piranha89 is just really nice. (+1000) Piranha89 is just really nice. (+1000) Piranha89 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I had it the worst... SKINNYFAT!

In Starvation Mode Brklyns_Finest's Avatar
    Brklyns_Finest will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brklyns_Finest will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brklyns_Finest will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brklyns_Finest will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brklyns_Finest will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brklyns_Finest will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brklyns_Finest will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brklyns_Finest will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brklyns_Finest will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brklyns_Finest will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brklyns_Finest will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Flatz View Post
    I would say that the two situations are very different kinds of difficult.
    A skinny person can work to gain muscle, but even if they give up, they likely aren't worried about health or body image. They may simply be a little too lazy to dedicate an hour out of the day to lift some weights.

A person who has spent much of their life overweight will likely have a lot of body issues and low self esteem. They have to battle as they completely change their way of living 24 hours a day. And if they suffer from depression or low self esteem then they really have to adjust their whole way of thinking to overcome those obstacles.

So it's a difference between a physical challenge and a mental challenge.
    this is good. like you said, if you dont do it right and youre skinny, you just stay skinny. no harm, no foul. if you do it wrong and youre fat, you likely get fatter. and i think most people would agree that mentally and from a social stand point its harder to be fat than skinny