Thread: Constant nausea

Glamorous has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Glamorous has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Glamorous has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Glamorous has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Glamorous has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Glamorous has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Glamorous has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Glamorous has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Glamorous has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Glamorous has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Glamorous has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Constant nausea

It dawned on me the other day, since changing my lifestyle (with food and exercise) 16 months ago, I suffer from bouts of nausea more now than ever before in my life. Is that normal?

For example:

1. If I skip a meal or don't eat enough at a meal = I'm nauseated - usually accompanied by a rapid heart beat for a lengthy period of time. I have found that if I eat too many carbs back to back, I get a very rapid heart beat. I discovered this on vacation when I had basically carbs only for most of a day and my heart just POUNDED for what felt like a solid hour. Example food day that caused that: banana, muffin, and quick deli sammich. Once I ate a normal dinner (steak and veggies) I felt good again. If I skip a meal completely (like last week because I accidentally over slept my alarm), I get really sick to my stomach - usually with a head aches, pounding heart and or body sweats.

2. If I eat too many calories at a meal (if I skipped a snack or am making up for some lost calories) = nauseated.

3. I drink too much water= nauseated

4. I eat things that are not considered 'clean' or normally in my diet = nauseated, puking, or the D-word...haha

5. Too much sugar in a cheat meal = nauseated and/or puking.

Is it normal to feel this sensitive to eating habits? It's not uncommon for me to feel slightly nauseated at least 1 time per day or every other day, during the week while I'm at work. The nausea doesn't last long - and is usually remedied by eating food or letting my food sit for a while. I try to bring things to snack and eat during the day, but work has been insane lately and I literally am shoving food down my throat while working. LOL

When I used to eat like crap, I don't EVER remember feeling this way. In fact, I have puked more now in the last 16 months of clean eating than probably in the 5 years prior to that.

I have no medical conditions (not Diabetic, etc) and I am not pregnant.

Sound normal?
    Hard work = Hard body.

SoMuchToLearn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SoMuchToLearn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SoMuchToLearn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SoMuchToLearn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SoMuchToLearn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SoMuchToLearn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SoMuchToLearn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SoMuchToLearn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I don't know how common it is, but I've experienced the same thing. The longer I consistently eat clean the more sensitive my stomach becomes to anything that's not in my normal diet. It got so bad for me that I ended up at the doctor several times and was tested for h. Pylori, Celiac, reflux, Addison's, and everything else they could think of. Anytime I eat too much, eat sweets, eat anything greasy, etc. I feel sick, sick, sick. This weekend I had baked ziti and absolutely just knew that I would be sick. Within 20 minutes or so I was in bed trying to decide whether to throw up or cry. My stomach was in knots and cramping for hours. My diet has gotten very narrow because unless it's bland and wholesome it's going to destroy my stomach. I don't have any advice, but I definitely feel your pain!

Glamorous has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Glamorous has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Glamorous has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Glamorous has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Glamorous has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Glamorous has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Glamorous has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Glamorous has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Glamorous has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Glamorous has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Glamorous has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by SoMuchToLearn View Post
    I don't know how common it is, but I've experienced the same thing. The longer I consistently eat clean the more sensitive my stomach becomes to anything that's not in my normal diet. It got so bad for me that I ended up at the doctor several times and was tested for h. Pylori, Celiac, reflux, Addison's, and everything else they could think of. Anytime I eat too much, eat sweets, eat anything greasy, etc. I feel sick, sick, sick. This weekend I had baked ziti and absolutely just knew that I would be sick. Within 20 minutes or so I was in bed trying to decide whether to throw up or cry. My stomach was in knots and cramping for hours. My diet has gotten very narrow because unless it's bland and wholesome it's going to destroy my stomach. I don't have any advice, but I definitely feel your pain!
    Glad to know I'm not alone. I wish it weren't so unpredictable though...sometimes I can eat something and be fine, other times - no way.
    Hard work = Hard body.

Carbs are my friend... vandalgirl59's Avatar
    vandalgirl59 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vandalgirl59 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vandalgirl59 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vandalgirl59 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vandalgirl59 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vandalgirl59 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vandalgirl59 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vandalgirl59 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vandalgirl59 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vandalgirl59 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vandalgirl59 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    OMG that is EXACTLY how Ive been feeling for weeks now. Driving me nuts.
    Mine is a mixture of insane bloat, nausea and stomach aches though. It happens no matter what I do. Eat, don't eat, carbs, low carbs, probiotics/digestive enzymes or not, dairy or not, fiber or not, meat or not, fruit or not. Hell, even water like you said haha. Heaven forbid I eat something new. F. It's driving me crazy haha!

Its to the point that I'd rather NOT eat to avoid being in public with an uncomfy bloated belly and feeling like I'm going to hurl. And nope...not pregnant.

Ive been trying to research a little on here, and a few people have had this and discovered allergies to XYZ foods. Maybe its something to look into?
    ~Impatience never demanded success~

***Calculate your Calorie/Macro Needs HERE --> http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=156380533 ***

inbetweendays will become famous soon enough. (+50) inbetweendays will become famous soon enough. (+50) inbetweendays will become famous soon enough. (+50) inbetweendays will become famous soon enough. (+50) inbetweendays will become famous soon enough. (+50) inbetweendays will become famous soon enough. (+50) inbetweendays will become famous soon enough. (+50) inbetweendays will become famous soon enough. (+50) inbetweendays will become famous soon enough. (+50) inbetweendays will become famous soon enough. (+50) inbetweendays will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Can't say if it's normal or not, but it definitely happened to me as well. I always had a cast iron stomach and rarely if ever got sick from what I ate. But over the last few years with more controlled eating and less refined stuff, there will be times when even a normal-seeming meal can just do me in.

I haven't been able to narrow it down to one specific food or food group and it doesn't happen every time I eat off-plan. But it's definitely enough for me to say that something's going on. And I don't even eat that "clean" when I am on-plan.
    I hate qualifiers.

kmoney09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    SAME THNG HAPPENED TO ME! Gets very uncomfortable! Mine passed after a month and half. I started eating smaller portions more frequently everyday and making sure i took in enough calories but not too many and kept up with the exercise. I don't know if it was a coincidence that it just passed on and it stopped happening or what. I will still get it like once every fews months randomly but it's really weird.!

Happened to me yesterday.

I ate the SAME breakfast as I have been for the last couple of weeks:

1 serving oatmeal + 1 serving PB + cinnamon AND
    2 whole eggs

Did me in...even though I ate this same things days and days before. It upset my tummy and I was in the bathroom for the better part of the morning.

I wish I could figure this darn thing out! The ONLY thing that has popped into my mind is that I now use Splenda - usually 2 packets per day on average. I don't seem to have an immediate reaction to it though, so I don't get the feeling that that's the problem. I had some SF chocolate calcium chews and those regularly did me in - and I think they were artificially sweetened. *hmmm*
    Hard work = Hard body.

Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    You could have sensitivity to artificial sweeteners. Stop using it for a week or two and see you you feel?
    If this were easy, everyone would walk around ripped.

I like eating, it helps with the not dying.

Journal: Back in Black
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=120569281

fery321 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fery321 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fery321 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fery321 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fery321 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fery321 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fery321 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fery321 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fery321 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fery321 will become famous soon enough. (+50) fery321 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    sigh... i'm kind of in the same boat... even the thought of drinking a protein shake makes me nauseated =\ For me, it maybe the fact that i've been on a calorie deficit for almost 3 months now I think i may need a week or so off...
    http://www.fitnfabyou.com/

In blackness the answer is not to 'find the light', but to create it...

“Be happy for this moment. This moment is your life.” Omar Khayyam

Carbs are my friend... vandalgirl59's Avatar
    vandalgirl59 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vandalgirl59 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vandalgirl59 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vandalgirl59 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vandalgirl59 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vandalgirl59 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vandalgirl59 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vandalgirl59 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vandalgirl59 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vandalgirl59 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vandalgirl59 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I know I have to be careful with those darn artificial sweeteners. A little is ok, but if I take in too much at once, OUCH.

I think stress/anxiety has likely become my issue now. I worry about eating ANYTHING because I'm so paranoid about if it's gonna cause me hell. I"ll even wake up worrying sometimes haha. I've heard that anxiety alone can cause it.
    ~Impatience never demanded success~

***Calculate your Calorie/Macro Needs HERE --> http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=156380533 ***

mtbstarr1103 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Cool Artificial sweetners

I have to totally agree with the artificial sweetner thing. I have crohn's disease, and one negative to a lot of protein shake stuff is that some companies, to have low carbs, use artificial sweetners. Bloat, gas, vomiting nearly every time. I would stay away from all of those. My best results with protein has been with Optimum Nutrition's natural whey. No gas, bloating, or nausea. I usually feel better instead of worse after drinking it. Even when I'm so sick I don't want to eat, I can force a shake down and make it. Hope this helps.