chilon1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) chilon1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) chilon1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) chilon1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) chilon1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) chilon1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) chilon1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) chilon1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) chilon1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) chilon1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) chilon1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Anyone bought a tempurpedic mattress?

I would like to know if you a tempurpedic mattress and what model.
    How long did you have it and has it been holding up good? Any shortcomings that it has? thanks.

rickbless has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rickbless has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rickbless has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rickbless has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rickbless has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rickbless has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rickbless has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rickbless has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rickbless has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rickbless has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rickbless has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have had one for several years .I love it ,they cost a lot but in my opinion it's worth it. They take some getting used to but when you go away on a trip you will miss it.

Registered User runswithscissor's Avatar
    runswithscissor is on a distinguished road. (+10) runswithscissor is on a distinguished road. (+10) runswithscissor is on a distinguished road. (+10) runswithscissor is on a distinguished road. (+10) runswithscissor is on a distinguished road. (+10) runswithscissor is on a distinguished road. (+10) runswithscissor is on a distinguished road. (+10) runswithscissor is on a distinguished road. (+10) runswithscissor is on a distinguished road. (+10) runswithscissor is on a distinguished road. (+10) runswithscissor is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Since it is the Body Building forum it ain't no big thang, but I hear they are heavy as F for the average person when it comes to moving.

acwild has a spectacular aura about. (+250) acwild has a spectacular aura about. (+250) acwild has a spectacular aura about. (+250) acwild has a spectacular aura about. (+250) acwild has a spectacular aura about. (+250) acwild has a spectacular aura about. (+250) acwild has a spectacular aura about. (+250) acwild has a spectacular aura about. (+250) acwild has a spectacular aura about. (+250) acwild has a spectacular aura about. (+250) acwild has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I could never sleep on my back, with 2 herniated disks and a bulged disk but, I was able to fall asleep faster than ever, stayed asleep longer, I could lay and sleep on my back without any pain, that temper material is freaking amazing.

I got my new mattress before I started working out too (before October 2009) it really helped me tremendously before I got started back in the gym after a 7 year layoff.

There are a lot of knock offs that are real crap but one that is the same density is the bob-o-pedic at mybobs.com, I couldn't afford the temperpedic but I purchased the bob-o-pedic and I can honestly say that it made a HUGE difference in my sleep.

... and no, I don't sell temper material or work at mybobs.com, just a guy with a sore back that's getting better all the time!
    Taught by Dr. Squat himself back in the late 90s

ISSA Certified Fitness Trainer
    ISSA Certified Sports Nutritionist

chilon1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) chilon1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) chilon1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) chilon1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) chilon1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) chilon1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) chilon1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) chilon1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) chilon1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) chilon1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) chilon1 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Smile

Originally Posted by rickbless View Post
    I have had one for several years .I love it ,they cost a lot but in my opinion it's worth it. They take some getting used to but when you go away on a trip you will miss it.
    what model you have, for how long, any problems, thanks.

Stand Tall Among Giants BlowTorch's Avatar
    BlowTorch will become famous soon enough. (+50) BlowTorch will become famous soon enough. (+50) BlowTorch will become famous soon enough. (+50) BlowTorch will become famous soon enough. (+50) BlowTorch will become famous soon enough. (+50) BlowTorch will become famous soon enough. (+50) BlowTorch will become famous soon enough. (+50) BlowTorch will become famous soon enough. (+50) BlowTorch will become famous soon enough. (+50) BlowTorch will become famous soon enough. (+50) BlowTorch will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I've got a california king for 3 months now. My girlfriend has one and after bouncing back n forth between a traditional matress and the tempurpedic it didn't take long to make the switch. Only downfall is price but I got my matress on craigslist, still in the bag, for 1 grand then found the box springs seperate for 200.

They can be had for less than retail and are worth every stinking penny. I do not wake up tired.

Also not that heavy. Moved mine myself no help.

Hope this helps

"Snip it Doc,snip it hard LyingSac's Avatar
    LyingSac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LyingSac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LyingSac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LyingSac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LyingSac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LyingSac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LyingSac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LyingSac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LyingSac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LyingSac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LyingSac has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I got a sleep number bed...i used to sleep on the floor due to spinal surgeries....love it.
    Land of Honalee

Old_swole is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Old_swole is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Old_swole is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Old_swole is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Old_swole is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Old_swole is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Old_swole is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Old_swole is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Old_swole is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Old_swole is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Old_swole is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    If I remember right (no guarantees) there was a thread a couple of years ago all about mattresses and how to buy them. do a search. sorry if i am thinking of another forum.

KBlifter is on a distinguished road. (+10) KBlifter is on a distinguished road. (+10) KBlifter is on a distinguished road. (+10) KBlifter is on a distinguished road. (+10) KBlifter is on a distinguished road. (+10) KBlifter is on a distinguished road. (+10) KBlifter is on a distinguished road. (+10) KBlifter is on a distinguished road. (+10) KBlifter is on a distinguished road. (+10) KBlifter is on a distinguished road. (+10) KBlifter is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    How much does these guys run for? Queen size?

BankWalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BankWalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BankWalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BankWalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BankWalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BankWalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BankWalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BankWalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BankWalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BankWalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BankWalker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I've had mine ( not sure what model it is ) for about 7 years. I love it. A friend of mine bought a knock-off brand about the same time that I got mine. I helped him move it inside his house when he bought it. I couldn't tell the difference personally. They are heavy and very awkward to move..especially the king sized one. It was about 1/3rd the price of the Tempurpedic. His is still holding up well.

KLR650 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KLR650 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KLR650 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KLR650 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KLR650 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KLR650 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KLR650 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KLR650 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KLR650 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KLR650 will become famous soon enough. (+50) KLR650 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by acwild View Post
    I could never sleep on my back, with 2 herniated disks and a bulged disk but, I was able to fall asleep faster than ever, stayed asleep longer, I could lay and sleep on my back without any pain, that temper material is freaking amazing.

I got my new mattress before I started working out too (before October 2009) it really helped me tremendously before I got started back in the gym after a 7 year layoff.

There are a lot of knock offs that are real crap but one that is the same density is the bob-o-pedic at mybobs.com, I couldn't afford the temperpedic but I purchased the bob-o-pedic and I can honestly say that it made a HUGE difference in my sleep.

... and no, I don't sell temper material or work at mybobs.com, just a guy with a sore back that's getting better all the time!
    I've been looking around for a good mattress for a year now. Ever since my back injury I haven't been able to sleep on a bed for more than 2 hours. Wind up sleeping in the Laz-y-boy for far longer. I've heard from people with back problems that the Temperpedics are way too hard.

pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    My wife was a vendor at an AARP show/meeting a few years ago. There was another vendor selling a memory foam mattress that was not tempurpedic, but came with a better warranty, and was considerably cheaper. We have been using it for the past three years and I consider it one of the best investments I have ever made.

My point is that I would never sleep on another type of mattress again. The other point is that while I am sure that Tempurpedic is an excellent product and will meet your expectations, I would suggest comparing it to cheaper brand alternatives before making your decision.

Ray
    Beware of practicing your righteousness before other people in order to be seen by them, for then you will have no reward from your Father who is in heaven... so that your giving may be in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you. Matt. 6: 1-4

FFOGG will become famous soon enough. (+50) FFOGG will become famous soon enough. (+50) FFOGG will become famous soon enough. (+50) FFOGG will become famous soon enough. (+50) FFOGG will become famous soon enough. (+50) FFOGG will become famous soon enough. (+50) FFOGG will become famous soon enough. (+50) FFOGG will become famous soon enough. (+50) FFOGG will become famous soon enough. (+50) FFOGG will become famous soon enough. (+50) FFOGG will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I have had mine for about 10 years ..love it ...it helped my back issues greatly ..I highly recommend it

Black Sunday is just really nice. (+1000) Black Sunday is just really nice. (+1000) Black Sunday is just really nice. (+1000) Black Sunday is just really nice. (+1000) Black Sunday is just really nice. (+1000) Black Sunday is just really nice. (+1000) Black Sunday is just really nice. (+1000) Black Sunday is just really nice. (+1000) Black Sunday is just really nice. (+1000) Black Sunday is just really nice. (+1000) Black Sunday is just really nice. (+1000)
    I bought one last summer, don't know the model, it was priced between $1500 and $2000.

I had hoped it would cure my sleeping ills, was getting only about five hours uninterrupted. Now I average about three. I try sleeping on my back, but some nights I don't last more than a few seconds and I flip over. Don't know why.

I was always a stomach sleeper, hands under head, one leg cocked forward in the military crawl position. I find that to be very uncomfortable on this bed due to the fact that all my lumbar discs are herniated.

I find the bed to be very hot, seems to retain the body heat. I need to start using the AC earlier and set it colder than before.

If i manage to stay on my back, it seems to feel better in the AM, but i probably spend more time on my sides, so I wake up with achy shoulders. Either way I'm generally not refreshed in the morning.

I was in the store for at least an hour trying the different models including the regular beds. They all feel pretty good in the store when you're awake.

I thought $600 was a lot of money to spend on a mattress, but $1500 , I'm not happy . I've bought cars for less and I can go places with them.
    Handle every situation like a dog ....
    If you can't Eat it or Screw it ,
    Piss on it and Walk Away.

icemanrrc will become famous soon enough. (+50) icemanrrc will become famous soon enough. (+50) icemanrrc will become famous soon enough. (+50) icemanrrc will become famous soon enough. (+50) icemanrrc will become famous soon enough. (+50) icemanrrc will become famous soon enough. (+50) icemanrrc will become famous soon enough. (+50) icemanrrc will become famous soon enough. (+50) icemanrrc will become famous soon enough. (+50) icemanrrc will become famous soon enough. (+50) icemanrrc will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I was looking at one of those kind that you can control the comfort level. I prefer to sleep on a soft matress, but prefer to screw on a hard one. I guess one of these would solve my problem..

piperman is just really nice. (+1000) piperman is just really nice. (+1000) piperman is just really nice. (+1000) piperman is just really nice. (+1000) piperman is just really nice. (+1000) piperman is just really nice. (+1000) piperman is just really nice. (+1000) piperman is just really nice. (+1000) piperman is just really nice. (+1000) piperman is just really nice. (+1000) piperman is just really nice. (+1000)

Form fit

We bought one so long ago I forget (nothing new for a senior as old as me!)--maybe 8-10 years. It is extremely comfortable, but has tended to develop curves where our bodies generally lie, so it probably would be uncomfortable for someone else to use if we sold it. However, I find that it fits me really well and supports all the right places, lying in any position. It was made locally, so is not a Tempurpedic brand, but has the same design, much cheaper.

Dave
    No effort is too little if done with purpose.