AirStriKee is on a distinguished road. (+10) AirStriKee is on a distinguished road. (+10) AirStriKee is on a distinguished road. (+10) AirStriKee is on a distinguished road. (+10) AirStriKee is on a distinguished road. (+10) AirStriKee is on a distinguished road. (+10) AirStriKee is on a distinguished road. (+10) AirStriKee is on a distinguished road. (+10) AirStriKee is on a distinguished road. (+10) AirStriKee is on a distinguished road. (+10) AirStriKee is on a distinguished road. (+10)

How should I take in my protein?

How should I take in my protein? I just bot some whey protein and I want to know how I can use it to maximize my muscle growth. Please answer my questions asap, if they are stupid questions then i'm sorry.

Is it okay if I mix the protein in water in the morning, then drink it 9 hours later (Which is after my workout)? Or is it better to bring protein in a container and then mix it with water and drink it after I workout?

How much protein should I take?

When and how much protein should I take everyday?

Thanks, you will recieve +rep if you can help me! And I will be even more greatful if you can link me to an article that answers all my stupid questions.

EDIT: I am 15 years old, I am 5'6 and I weigh 130 pounds. My main goal is to build big muscle
    Last edited by AirStriKee; 05-12-2010 at 04:01 PM.

a4a is on a distinguished road. (+10) a4a is on a distinguished road. (+10) a4a is on a distinguished road. (+10) a4a is on a distinguished road. (+10) a4a is on a distinguished road. (+10) a4a is on a distinguished road. (+10) a4a is on a distinguished road. (+10) a4a is on a distinguished road. (+10) a4a is on a distinguished road. (+10) a4a is on a distinguished road. (+10) a4a is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Yep, mixing protein in water is fine, or you can even make shakes with a banana or something to give it better flavor.

And drinking the protein right after the workout is your best bet, give your body the protein it needs while it starts to repair its muscles.

AirStriKee is on a distinguished road. (+10) AirStriKee is on a distinguished road. (+10) AirStriKee is on a distinguished road. (+10) AirStriKee is on a distinguished road. (+10) AirStriKee is on a distinguished road. (+10) AirStriKee is on a distinguished road. (+10) AirStriKee is on a distinguished road. (+10) AirStriKee is on a distinguished road. (+10) AirStriKee is on a distinguished road. (+10) AirStriKee is on a distinguished road. (+10) AirStriKee is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Well for a fact that I know you shouldn't take all the protein in one meal. Please answer my questions! If you copy paste my questions and answer them that would be appreciated
    Last edited by AirStriKee; 05-12-2010 at 04:04 PM.

Also, please give me a schedule for my meals and when I should drink the protein

djjohnnied will become famous soon enough. (+50) djjohnnied will become famous soon enough. (+50) djjohnnied will become famous soon enough. (+50) djjohnnied will become famous soon enough. (+50) djjohnnied will become famous soon enough. (+50) djjohnnied will become famous soon enough. (+50) djjohnnied will become famous soon enough. (+50) djjohnnied will become famous soon enough. (+50) djjohnnied will become famous soon enough. (+50) djjohnnied will become famous soon enough. (+50) djjohnnied will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by AirStriKee View Post
    How should I take in my protein? I just bot some whey protein and I want to know how I can use it to maximize my muscle growth. Please answer my questions asap, if they are stupid questions then i'm sorry.

Is it okay if I mix the protein in water in the morning, then drink it 9 hours later (Which is after my workout)? Or is it better to bring protein in a container and then mix it with water and drink it after I workout?

How much protein should I take?

When and how much protein should I take everyday?

Thanks, you will recieve +rep if you can help me! And I will be even more greatful if you can link me to an article that answers all my stupid questions.

EDIT: I am 15 years old, I am 5'6 and I weigh 130 pounds. My main goal is to build big muscle
    Personally, I like taking it in a container and mixing it at the moment I'm going to drink it. Sometimes the whey will taste weird if you leave it mixed for too many hours :S I have also heard that the protein breaks down or something like that after its been in liquid for more than a couple hours (don't know how credible that is)

You should be taking around 1.5 to 2 grams of protein per pound of body weight, this doesn't only mean whey protein, if you can get your protein from other sources like chicken, meat etc than just drink your shake after your workout, but if you're having trouble getting enough daily protein than drink your shakes.

Personally, I only drink my protein on my workout days after because I feel that whey is expensive when compared to other sources of protein and I prefer whole meals over whey. Also make sure you're eating enough calories to grow, you can be taking all the protein in the world but if you are not taking in more calories than what you burn you will not get bigger.

Enough protein+extra calories+good program+enough rest=muscle growth
    "I'd cut school to go to the gym, 'Oh I'll cut school, I gotta go to sleep, cus I gotta go to the gym tonight to squat, it's a leg day' you know, and if I gotta die tonight, if I gotta die tonight, if this weight is gonna kill me tonight, then so be it. If I meet the end of the world tonight, I'm in the place that I wanna be, right here in the gym."
    -Kai Greene

Follow my blog: jdhouseofiron.blogspot.ca/

djjohnnied will become famous soon enough. (+50) djjohnnied will become famous soon enough. (+50) djjohnnied will become famous soon enough. (+50) djjohnnied will become famous soon enough. (+50) djjohnnied will become famous soon enough. (+50) djjohnnied will become famous soon enough. (+50) djjohnnied will become famous soon enough. (+50) djjohnnied will become famous soon enough. (+50) djjohnnied will become famous soon enough. (+50) djjohnnied will become famous soon enough. (+50) djjohnnied will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Also, please give me a schedule for my meals and when I should drink the protein
    k make sure you eat a good amount of protein in the morning, WHEY protein after you work out, and a slow digesting casein protein when you go to bed. This could be milk cottage cheese(highly recommended) etc

As for your meals it doesn't really matter when you're eating them as long as you get all your carbs fat and protein in the day. I prefer 7 equal meals in the day with breakfast being the big one, but that's just me

as for a schedule, thats a part of BB'ing and lifting weights. you gotta find out your calories burned during the day, your goal (im guessing get bigger), how many pounds per week you want to gain, and then you gotta make your own schedule.
    "I'd cut school to go to the gym, 'Oh I'll cut school, I gotta go to sleep, cus I gotta go to the gym tonight to squat, it's a leg day' you know, and if I gotta die tonight, if I gotta die tonight, if this weight is gonna kill me tonight, then so be it. If I meet the end of the world tonight, I'm in the place that I wanna be, right here in the gym."
    -Kai Greene

Originally Posted by djjohnnied View Post
    Personally, I like taking it in a container and mixing it at the moment I'm going to drink it. Sometimes the whey will taste weird if you leave it mixed for too many hours :S I have also heard that the protein breaks down or something like that after its been in liquid for more than a couple hours (don't know how credible that is)

You should be taking around 1.5 to 2 grams of protein per pound of body weight, this doesn't only mean whey protein, if you can get your protein from other sources like chicken, meat etc than just drink your shake after your workout, but if you're having trouble getting enough daily protein than drink your shakes.

Personally, I only drink my protein on my workout days after because I feel that whey is expensive when compared to other sources of protein and I prefer whole meals over whey. Also make sure you're eating enough calories to grow, you can be taking all the protein in the world but if you are not taking in more calories than what you burn you will not get bigger.

Enough protein+extra calories+good program+enough rest=muscle growth
    Alright, so its bad to keep the protein in water for hours is bad? Is it alright if I put the whey protein in a plastic bag and then mix it with water when i'm done working out and then drink it? Your giving me good information but your not really telling me the exact time I should be taking in the protein. This is what I do so far;

7:45 - Wake up, Shower
    8:00 - Eat breakfast
    11:20 - Workout
    12:15 - Eat lunch
    4:00 - Eat a snack
    6:30/7:00 - Eat supper
    9:00 - Eat a snack

On thursdays:
    11:20 - Eat Lunch
    3:30 - Workout

You guys are giving me good information but i need to know WHEN and how much protein I should take every day. And I want to know when I should be taking in they WHEY protein and the whole foods. I haven't used any whey protein at all yet, I just bot some today and I need your guys' help.

Tell me when and how I should be eating to gain some muscle. I realize that i'm a noob to bodybuilding and I want to lift and gain muscle the correct way. I am willing to modify the times that I eat and how I should eat. All I am begging right now is for help and the only thing I can do in return is give you +rep
    Last edited by AirStriKee; 05-12-2010 at 04:35 PM.

Yes its alright if you do that

Make sure here you eat around 30 to 50 grams of protein form a durect source,it can be eggs, egg whites etc

Take 30 grams of whey protein from a direct source (or however much is a scoop of what you have)

Make sure you get 20 to 30 grams of protein of meat form a direct source (chicken, fish, meat etc)
    Another 20 to 30 grams of protein of meat
    Before bed another 30 grams of slow digesting protein

you'll also be getting protein from other things so this will be enough.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=117801461
    -Kai Greene

I read somewhere on google that you should take whey protein
    - As soon as you wake up;
    - 40 minutes prior to working out;
    - Immediately after working out.

I also read this somewhere on google that you should take whey protein;
    - Immediately after a workout
    - Right before bed

Yes its alright if you do that

Make sure here you eat around 30 to 50 grams of protein form a durect source,it can be eggs, egg whites etc

Take 30 grams of whey protein from a direct source (or however much is a scoop of what you have)

Make sure you get 20 to 30 grams of protein of meat form a direct source (chicken, fish, meat etc)
    Another 20 to 30 grams of protein of meat
    Before bed another 30 grams of slow digesting protein

you'll also be getting protein from other things so this will be enough.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=117801461
    Thank you, I also don't have any casein or whatever, all I have is foods high in protein and whey protein. So are you telling me that I should consume whey protein immediately after a workout and before I sleep?

I read somewhere on google that you should take whey protein
    - As soon as you wake up;
    - 40 minutes prior to working out;
    - Immediately after working out.

I also read this somewhere on google that you should take whey protein;
    - Immediately after a workout
    - Right before bed
    k if money is not an object than drink all the whey you can, but if you have been hit by the recession like most people out there and don't have tons of money to waste on whey the only majorly important time you should drink your whey is after your workout. Right before bed drinking casein is better than whey because it is slow releasing
    -Kai Greene

Thank you, I also don't have any casein or whatever, all I have is foods high in protein and whey protein. So are you telling me that I should consume whey protein immediately after a workout and before I sleep?
    Yeah, pretty much. Try eating cottage cheese or a protein source that comes from dairy before bed over whey protein, it helps repair your muscles more because it isn't digested quickly, it takes 4-8 hours to digest while you sleep and your body repairs itself. But yes, whey is most important after a workout. Hope I helped
    -Kai Greene

Yeah, pretty much. Try eating cottage cheese or a protein source that comes from dairy before bed over whey protein, it helps repair your muscles more because it isn't digested quickly, it takes 4-8 hours to digest while you sleep and your body repairs itself. But yes, whey is most important after a workout. Hope I helped
    Yeah, you did help.
    +rep

If anyone would like to give me some more advice I will +rep you aswell

EDIT: how much cardio should I be doing a week? but my main goal is to build some muscle
    Last edited by AirStriKee; 05-12-2010 at 06:42 PM.