blue-orchid is not very well liked. (-100) blue-orchid is not very well liked. (-100) blue-orchid is not very well liked. (-100) blue-orchid is not very well liked. (-100) blue-orchid is not very well liked. (-100) blue-orchid is not very well liked. (-100) blue-orchid is not very well liked. (-100) blue-orchid is not very well liked. (-100) blue-orchid is not very well liked. (-100) blue-orchid is not very well liked. (-100) blue-orchid is not very well liked. (-100)

Smile I'm addicted to...

I just had to confess that I'm completely addicted to working out! This is obviously probably thanks to the increase blood flow and release of hormones such as endorphins, etc. but I just had to express what I'm feeling.

Two weeks into my gym membership and the positive side effects I've experienced from working out regularly (at least 4 times a week) have me addicted. I seriously get sad on the days that I can't make it to the gym, even if it's just to jump on the elliptical or treadmill for a few minutes to get my heart rate up. I've noticed that not just my overall mood and energy level has improved, but I feel like my skin tone - especially on my face - just looks better too. Even on mornings when I have puffiness and sleep deprived, working out at the gym just gives me this overall glow and energy boost for the day - better then any eye cream, make-up, or caffeinated beverage could do! So I would like to dedicate this thread to sharing why you ladies love the gym (or your fitness routine) so much and what specific exercise you like most..!

viridian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) viridian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) viridian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) viridian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) viridian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) viridian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) viridian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) viridian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) viridian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) viridian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) viridian is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    The bad side to this - you feel like absolute CRAP after not working out for a few days straight.

Well, not horrible.. and easily remedied lol

Congrats!

Whiskey..Tango..Foxtrot Jamaicanmixy's Avatar
    Jamaicanmixy is just really nice. (+1000) Jamaicanmixy is just really nice. (+1000) Jamaicanmixy is just really nice. (+1000) Jamaicanmixy is just really nice. (+1000) Jamaicanmixy is just really nice. (+1000) Jamaicanmixy is just really nice. (+1000) Jamaicanmixy is just really nice. (+1000) Jamaicanmixy is just really nice. (+1000) Jamaicanmixy is just really nice. (+1000) Jamaicanmixy is just really nice. (+1000) Jamaicanmixy is just really nice. (+1000)
    me too! welcome to the club! 1 1/2 years and counting since i started

Whiskey..Tango..Foxtrot Jamaicanmixy's Avatar
    Jamaicanmixy is just really nice. (+1000) Jamaicanmixy is just really nice. (+1000) Jamaicanmixy is just really nice. (+1000) Jamaicanmixy is just really nice. (+1000) Jamaicanmixy is just really nice. (+1000) Jamaicanmixy is just really nice. (+1000) Jamaicanmixy is just really nice. (+1000) Jamaicanmixy is just really nice. (+1000) Jamaicanmixy is just really nice. (+1000) Jamaicanmixy is just really nice. (+1000) Jamaicanmixy is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by viridian View Post
    The bad side to this - you feel like absolute CRAP after not working out for a few days straight.

Congrats!
    o mannn i hate that feeling!

NoPinkDBsPlz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NoPinkDBsPlz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NoPinkDBsPlz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NoPinkDBsPlz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NoPinkDBsPlz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NoPinkDBsPlz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NoPinkDBsPlz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NoPinkDBsPlz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NoPinkDBsPlz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NoPinkDBsPlz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NoPinkDBsPlz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by blue-orchid View Post
    I just had to confess that I'm completely addicted to working out! This is obviously probably thanks to the increase blood flow and release of hormones such as endorphins, etc. but I just had to express what I'm feeling.
    Great thread! I love feeling stronger than I've ever been. Working out has made me so much more in tune with my body... how food/sleep/activity affect my energy. It has made me more disciplined in other areas of my life because I know what it means to just get up and do it.
    I feel on top of the world when I'm walking to the bus stop drinking a shake on a beautiful day after a hard lifting session and a hot shower. And watching everyone else bustling about looking pissy and stressed and just feeling fanfrakkingtastic and being thankful I can do what I can do.
    My log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=122553191

blue-orchid is not very well liked. (-100) blue-orchid is not very well liked. (-100) blue-orchid is not very well liked. (-100) blue-orchid is not very well liked. (-100) blue-orchid is not very well liked. (-100) blue-orchid is not very well liked. (-100) blue-orchid is not very well liked. (-100) blue-orchid is not very well liked. (-100) blue-orchid is not very well liked. (-100) blue-orchid is not very well liked. (-100) blue-orchid is not very well liked. (-100)

Congrats!
    Yes it is! That's why I love that I'm especially a member of a 24hour gym now. Even though I have yet to take advantage of it, I like having the opportunity knowing that if something comes up, I can go to the gym whenever I want!

Originally Posted by Jamaicanmixy View Post
    me too! welcome to the club! 1 1/2 years and counting since i started
    Thanks!!! I used to work out regularly as a teen and I forgot how much I liked working out. I'm very happy to have my workout routine on a fairly consistent basis again!

Originally Posted by NoPinkDBsPlz View Post
    Great thread! I love feeling stronger than I've ever been. Working out has made me so much more in tune with my body... how food/sleep/activity affect my energy. It has made me more disciplined in other areas of my life because I know what it means to just get up and do it.
    I feel on top of the world when I'm walking to the bus stop drinking a shake on a beautiful day after a hard lifting session and a hot shower. And watching everyone else bustling about looking pissy and stressed and just feeling fanfrakkingtastic and being thankful I can do what I can do.
    I couldn't agree more with you! I have found that my body naturally gets tired earlier and it's easier for me to fall asleep! (around now actually

Mr Flexy's Happy Protégé LisaSkinnoble's Avatar
    LisaSkinnoble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LisaSkinnoble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LisaSkinnoble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LisaSkinnoble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LisaSkinnoble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LisaSkinnoble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LisaSkinnoble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LisaSkinnoble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LisaSkinnoble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LisaSkinnoble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LisaSkinnoble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by NoPinkDBsPlz View Post
    Couldn't have said it better!

And I've never worked out in my life. At age 45, and very overweight (222 lbs 12 weeks ago - 198 now), I didn't think I'd make it past the first week. And, I used to sleep till about 7 am, and now get up at 4:30 am for a 5:00 am workout. It took 4 weeks to adjust to the sleep schedule, but I couldn't live without my morning workout now. I love it!

Originally Posted by LisaSkinnoble View Post

And I've never worked out in my life. At age 45, and very overweight (222 lbs 12 weeks ago - 198 now), I didn't think I'd make it past the first week. And, I used to sleep till about 7 am, and now get up at 4:30 am for a 5:00 am workout. It took 4 weeks to adjust to the sleep schedule, but I couldn't live without my morning workout now. I love it!
    Wow, 4:30 and 5am is very early! I can see why that would take so long to adjust to waking up so early on a regular basis. Anyways, it sounds like it's working wonders for you, keep up the good work!!! We can all reach our goals, just takes will a strong power.
    Last edited by blue-orchid; 03-26-2010 at 08:00 PM.

10000FT High All The Time solidhadriel's Avatar
    solidhadriel will become famous soon enough. (+50) solidhadriel will become famous soon enough. (+50) solidhadriel will become famous soon enough. (+50) solidhadriel will become famous soon enough. (+50) solidhadriel will become famous soon enough. (+50) solidhadriel will become famous soon enough. (+50) solidhadriel will become famous soon enough. (+50) solidhadriel will become famous soon enough. (+50) solidhadriel will become famous soon enough. (+50) solidhadriel will become famous soon enough. (+50) solidhadriel will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Congrats!

Try one day... Today was supposed to be my 'rest' day, and I couldn't take it. I had to go run 1.5 miles up/down hill and then play basketball for 3 hours. I can barely walk right now. But damn, does it feeel good.

Originally Posted by solidhadriel View Post
    Try one day... Today was supposed to be my 'rest' day, and I couldn't take it. I had to go run 1.5 miles up/down hill and then play basketball for 3 hours. I can barely walk right now. But damn, does it feeel good.
    I agree with this completely.. I originally told myself I would designate one day off a week, but then I found when that day actually came I didn't want to take the day off! Or like this past week, I actually DID take my designated day off and then I ended up not being able to go to the gym for the next 2 days because I got too busy with school work. (I try to stay on a 7-8 hours a night sleep schedule so one thing I won't compromise for the gym is sleep).

So now I don't designate my week with a day off, I just go with the flow and strictly watch my weight lifting schedule to make sure I don't over do it. That way if something comes up, I don't feel guilty and my routine stays intact.

reboot42 will become famous soon enough. (+50) reboot42 will become famous soon enough. (+50) reboot42 will become famous soon enough. (+50) reboot42 will become famous soon enough. (+50) reboot42 will become famous soon enough. (+50) reboot42 will become famous soon enough. (+50) reboot42 will become famous soon enough. (+50) reboot42 will become famous soon enough. (+50) reboot42 will become famous soon enough. (+50) reboot42 will become famous soon enough. (+50) reboot42 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Thumbs up

Hi Lisa,
    I just want to say congrats on the progress and "stick-to-it" attitude. My intial "weight loss" goal was to get into the 130s, and single digit pants. I had less than 30 lbs to make it there. When I see someone at the gym start out heavier than I did, with a goal further out than mine...and see them sticking to it..I truly admire them.

Keep up the good work!
    You can throw in the towel, or you can use it to wipe the sweat off your brow.

10000FT High All The Time solidhadriel's Avatar
    solidhadriel will become famous soon enough. (+50) solidhadriel will become famous soon enough. (+50) solidhadriel will become famous soon enough. (+50) solidhadriel will become famous soon enough. (+50) solidhadriel will become famous soon enough. (+50) solidhadriel will become famous soon enough. (+50) solidhadriel will become famous soon enough. (+50) solidhadriel will become famous soon enough. (+50) solidhadriel will become famous soon enough. (+50) solidhadriel will become famous soon enough. (+50) solidhadriel will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I agree with this completely.. I originally told myself I would designate one day off a week, but then I found when that day actually came I didn't want to take the day off! Or like this past week, I actually DID take my designated day off and then I ended up not being able to go to the gym for the next 2 days because I got too busy with school work. (I try to stay on a 7-8 hours a night sleep schedule so one thing I won't compromise for the gym is sleep).

So now I don't designate my week with a day off, I just go with the flow and strictly watch my weight lifting schedule to make sure I don't over do it. That way if something comes up, I don't feel guilty and my routine stays intact.
    Yep, yep. I know that feeling all too well. I actually don't mind when I have unaccounted days off...It probably is best for my body to occassionally get that extra bit of rest because on some days I only get 5-6 hours of sleep due to work & college.

Old Man Yelling at Cloud -=FLEX=-'s Avatar
    -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Please excuse my one and only post in the ladies section, but I just had to come in here to praise my gurl.

When I first told Lisa I wanted to get back into bodybuilding I had no idea she'd even want to join me. I was ecstatic, and have done my best to encourage and support her.

It is truly amazing to see her progress in this short period of time. She looks positively radiant and 10 years younger at least.

Her enthusiasm is nothing short of inspiring.

I am happy for her, and for us.

Keep it up, baby. You're doing awesome!

-=FLEX=-
    Insta: flexjs

Perseverance, Inc.

Spring Supremacy 2018 - 620/345/615 @ 50 yrs old

RIP Gene Rychlak

dunkonu9 is just really nice. (+1000) dunkonu9 is just really nice. (+1000) dunkonu9 is just really nice. (+1000) dunkonu9 is just really nice. (+1000) dunkonu9 is just really nice. (+1000) dunkonu9 is just really nice. (+1000) dunkonu9 is just really nice. (+1000) dunkonu9 is just really nice. (+1000) dunkonu9 is just really nice. (+1000) dunkonu9 is just really nice. (+1000) dunkonu9 is just really nice. (+1000)

I used to have my designated day off and did not like to take them. So I have started that now If I hit maybe 8 days straight or even 10 days I am good either my schedule will get in the way or my body will tell me when it is time to take a day off.

Originally Posted by solidhadriel View Post
    Yep, yep. I know that feeling all too well. I actually don't mind when I have unaccounted days off...It probably is best for my body to occassionally get that extra bit of rest because on some days I only get 5-6 hours of sleep due to work & college.
    Originally Posted by dunkonu9 View Post
    I used to have my designated day off and did not like to take them. So I have started that now If I hit maybe 8 days straight or even 10 days I am good either my schedule will get in the way or my body will tell me when it is time to take a day off.
    I agree with you guys, I'm just going to stick with when my body tells me to rest instead of just taking a designated day off. I keep track of all my workouts/exercises (and now meals) in an excel spreadsheet so that also helps as a guide to confirm I should rest if I feel ultra-tired or sore.

Thanks for the responses everyone!

Originally Posted by FLEXjs View Post
    Please excuse my one and only post in the ladies section, but I just had to come in here to praise my gurl.

When I first told Lisa I wanted to get back into bodybuilding I had no idea she'd even want to join me. I was ecstatic, and have done my best to encourage and support her.

It is truly amazing to see her progress in this short period of time. She looks positively radiant and 10 years younger at least.

-=FLEX=-
    Encouraging statements to your partner is always welcome!!! Reps for that! More men should follow in your footsteps.

Not to be completely cheesy, but I feel a little encouragement and praise should not be underestimated and can be just what we (women AND men) need to hear sometimes to keep pushing forward.

LisaSkinnoble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LisaSkinnoble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LisaSkinnoble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LisaSkinnoble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LisaSkinnoble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LisaSkinnoble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LisaSkinnoble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LisaSkinnoble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LisaSkinnoble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LisaSkinnoble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LisaSkinnoble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by reboot42 View Post
    Hi Lisa,
    I just want to say congrats on the progress and "stick-to-it" attitude. My intial "weight loss" goal was to get into the 130s, and single digit pants. I had less than 30 lbs to make it there. When I see someone at the gym start out heavier than I did, with a goal further out than mine...and see them sticking to it..I truly admire them.

Keep up the good work!
    Thanks so much for that! I've got a long way to go, but I'm definitely in for the long haul. My sister is dieting towards a numeric goal on her scale. She often talks about "when it's over", and "when she finally gets to her goal weight" about what she'll do afterwards. ("I can't wait to have X or Y again"). Is it odd that, while I am excited about losing all the weight I need to and getting into shape, I don't think about stopping working out. I figure I'll just set different goals. I'm not counting down the days or pounds until bootcamp is over.

Love your expression, "single digit pants"! Way to go!

Wow, 4:30 and 5am is very early! I can see why that would take so long to adjust to waking up so early on a regular basis. Anyways, it sounds like it's working wonders for you, keep up the good work!!! We can all reach our goals, just takes will a strong power.
    Many thanks for the kind words, Blue!

Originally Posted by FLEXjs View Post

-=FLEX=-
    Thank you, Mr Flexy. I'm happy too. This is the best thing we've ever done. The benefits are rippling exponentially.

Encouraging statements to your partner is always welcome!!! Reps for that! More men should follow in your footsteps.

Not to be completely cheesy, but I feel a little encouragement and praise should not be underestimated and can be just what we (women AND men) need to hear sometimes to keep pushing forward.
    It's immeasurably helpful. Positive reinforcement goes a long way. Mr Flexy isn't just a fantastic trainer and teacher, he's also a great motivator!

Old Man Yelling at Cloud -=FLEX=-'s Avatar
    -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Thank you, Mr Flexy. I'm happy too. This is the best thing we've ever done. The benefits are rippling exponentially.
    Agreed!

-=FLEX=-
    Insta: flexjs

Perseverance, Inc.

Spring Supremacy 2018 - 620/345/615 @ 50 yrs old

RIP Gene Rychlak

Many thanks for the kind words, Blue!
    Your welcome!! Keep up all the good work! I'm sure it will (and has) payed off!!