Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Koyasha is on a distinguished road. (+10) Koyasha is on a distinguished road. (+10) Koyasha is on a distinguished road. (+10) Koyasha is on a distinguished road. (+10) Koyasha is on a distinguished road. (+10) Koyasha is on a distinguished road. (+10) Koyasha is on a distinguished road. (+10) Koyasha is on a distinguished road. (+10) Koyasha is on a distinguished road. (+10) Koyasha is on a distinguished road. (+10) Koyasha is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Stupid things ppl have said when you told them you're into BB?

Hi!
    I'm new to BB and I openly told some people about it.
    Most of them just laugh.
    Today I got the "you know, you should just walk home from work instead of taking the bus to burn calories, then you wouldn't have to go to the gym".
    My colleague after making a very dumb "silent" laugh. You know the sound someone makes with their lips closed and their cheeks ballooning lol, can't explain it.
    He was like "if you want to build muscle, you'll have to lift weights all the time. Not only at the gym but at home as well, you have to lift all day".

What's some of the things ignorant people have told you?
    I am a woman - on a mission!
    __
    Ne prosila nikogo vpuskat' menya v etot mir.
    No kto-to dver' priotkryl, soblaznil menya.

1972girl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1972girl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1972girl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1972girl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1972girl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1972girl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1972girl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1972girl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1972girl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1972girl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 1972girl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Koyasha View Post
    Hi!
    I'm new to BB and I openly told some people about it.
    This will change over time.

Carbs are my friend... vandalgirl59's Avatar
    vandalgirl59 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vandalgirl59 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vandalgirl59 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vandalgirl59 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vandalgirl59 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vandalgirl59 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vandalgirl59 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vandalgirl59 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vandalgirl59 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vandalgirl59 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vandalgirl59 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Lol, ya, you'll learn to pick and choose who you tell ANYTHING to! Quite frustrating.

The one I hate is this type of response, 'oh ya, I'm on xyz diet too, its working out great. And you know what you should do, snack on trail mix or granola cuz they're good healthy snacks. I can eat them all day at work...'

Or something along those lines haha. DRIVES ME UP A WALL! There's so many things wrong with just that paragraph. The snug-ness of their pants is usually a good indicator that it is NOT in fact working out for them...
    ~Impatience never demanded success~

***Calculate your Calorie/Macro Needs HERE --> http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=156380533 ***

GeekRock84 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Yeah, I just don't tell anyone unless they ask because it just gets annoying having to explain all the myths they've heard about lifting and women with iron in general, are false. I learned my lesson with sharing certain information when I stopped eating meat. I got crap all the time.
    Running is real and relatively simple?but it ain't easy.

Carbs are my friend... vandalgirl59's Avatar
    vandalgirl59 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vandalgirl59 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vandalgirl59 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vandalgirl59 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vandalgirl59 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vandalgirl59 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vandalgirl59 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vandalgirl59 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vandalgirl59 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vandalgirl59 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vandalgirl59 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    A common phrase I see here a lot is this: Don't say anything and let your results speak for themselves
    ~Impatience never demanded success~

***Calculate your Calorie/Macro Needs HERE --> http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=156380533 ***

kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz kimm4 has the mod powerz
    I've always been very private when it comes to my BB. I don't talk about it with anyone...except here.
    National Level Competitor (Female BB)

EricaJuneBaby will become famous soon enough. (+50) EricaJuneBaby will become famous soon enough. (+50) EricaJuneBaby will become famous soon enough. (+50) EricaJuneBaby will become famous soon enough. (+50) EricaJuneBaby will become famous soon enough. (+50) EricaJuneBaby will become famous soon enough. (+50) EricaJuneBaby will become famous soon enough. (+50) EricaJuneBaby will become famous soon enough. (+50) EricaJuneBaby will become famous soon enough. (+50) EricaJuneBaby will become famous soon enough. (+50) EricaJuneBaby will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by vandalgirl59 View Post
    A common phrase I see here a lot is this: Don't say anything and let your results speak for themselves
    this! I'd rather have people comment on my muscletone or how I've changed rather then walk around flexing my bicep wondering if anyone notices a difference lol!
    Other then my hubby and close family, it's my secret little thing I hope the results will show and it will be obvious I am working out

Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Rowyn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I don't talk about it, I just say that I have been "working out" or resistance training. Have gotten too many incredulous/quizzical/disgusted looks. The most common thing people say is "ugh, why would you want all those big muscles? Why don't you just tone?"

However, now that I have been leaning out a bit more and you can see more musculature, more of my female friends are interested to know how I do it (get firmer, muscles versus flab, cuz at my age, most of my friends are flab).

The general public think female bodybuilding is very weird.
    "A champion is someone who gets up even when he can't" ---Jack Dempsey

I eat for living, not just lifting.

Whiskey..Tango..Foxtrot Jamaicanmixy's Avatar
    Jamaicanmixy is just really nice. (+1000) Jamaicanmixy is just really nice. (+1000) Jamaicanmixy is just really nice. (+1000) Jamaicanmixy is just really nice. (+1000) Jamaicanmixy is just really nice. (+1000) Jamaicanmixy is just really nice. (+1000) Jamaicanmixy is just really nice. (+1000) Jamaicanmixy is just really nice. (+1000) Jamaicanmixy is just really nice. (+1000) Jamaicanmixy is just really nice. (+1000) Jamaicanmixy is just really nice. (+1000)
    Mmmm people from work will come up to me "Do you work out?" *looks at veins poppin out of my arms* me: "nah, whats that?"

lets see...what else

"You lucky you have a pretty face Pacheco otherwise id think u was a dude with long hair" grrr i dont kno if thats a compliment or insult or both lol
    Last edited by Jamaicanmixy; 03-24-2010 at 06:32 PM.

Registered User trance__dreamer's Avatar
    trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Cool

Originally Posted by Koyasha View Post
    you'll have to lift weights all the time. Not only at the gym but at home as well, you have to lift all day".
    LOL!

yea. i was accused of taking "hormone pills". hah!

NoPinkDBsPlz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NoPinkDBsPlz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NoPinkDBsPlz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NoPinkDBsPlz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NoPinkDBsPlz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NoPinkDBsPlz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NoPinkDBsPlz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NoPinkDBsPlz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NoPinkDBsPlz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NoPinkDBsPlz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NoPinkDBsPlz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    one of my male friends who doesn't lift (do i even need to add that qualifier? none of my friends lift, it makes me sad) had to point out that he's stronger than me when I mentioned something about lifting. uuuhh no sh!t sherlock, you're bigger than me and a dude. good work!
    My log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=122553191

Jay-doll has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I guess I can see both sides, because if someone had said to me a few months ago 'maybe you should try bodybuilding?' i would've had all the wrong ideas in my head - women looking like arnie and eating eight eggs for breakfast, that sort of thing.

Now that I'm a bit more educated on the subject, obviously I know differently. But I am still not telling anybody what I'm up to, as somebody else said - the results should say everything.
    My philosophy comes from The Little Train That Could: I think I can, I think I can, I think I can...

rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    The dumbest/worst thing I have been told was "counting calories is a waste of time and life." This from a self admitted "former" meth addict. Yeah, i am gonna take healthy tips from you, thanks.
    www.bikinisandbiceps.com
    IG@bikinisandbiceps

MPH, CPT and Nutrition and Wellness Coach

No one is going to care more about your progress than you. Everyone else is too busy chasing their own. You either do what you need to do to progress, or you remain where you are. The choice is yours.

mariplay2004 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mariplay2004 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mariplay2004 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mariplay2004 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mariplay2004 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mariplay2004 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mariplay2004 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mariplay2004 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mariplay2004 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mariplay2004 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mariplay2004 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

lol

I don't really mention this to others ..

but My husband knows , and now that I'm eating more he told me .

"you know you gained 4 lbs ..because you;re eating more ..just eat how you used to "
    (thats when I ate like 1200 calories ..and was always wondering why I wasnt loosing weight)

so ..I just don't know for sure ..I'm only ever going that low if its for like 2 weeks .and I'm going on a keto diet ..LOL

ives will become famous soon enough. (+50) ives will become famous soon enough. (+50) ives will become famous soon enough. (+50) ives will become famous soon enough. (+50) ives will become famous soon enough. (+50) ives will become famous soon enough. (+50) ives will become famous soon enough. (+50) ives will become famous soon enough. (+50) ives will become famous soon enough. (+50) ives will become famous soon enough. (+50) ives will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    One of the dumbest things I've ever heard re: my physique wasn't even a response to me telling someone I'm training for figure. I was sitting at my desk and one of the office boys dropped by to give me a fax, and I guess my arms were poppin because I start flipping through the fax and he says "DAMN, lady, you're jacked! You on steroids?"

O_o

I wanted to say "No, I just have a better lifestyle than some of the whales around here" (major obesity prob in this office), but I think I just said something like "You don't need juice to look like this, just enough caffeine to get you up and to the gym at 6 every morning."
    Sketchy Dude Outside Museum: "Yo, I'm selling candy for my basketball team..."
    Boyfriend: "No thanks, dude."
    SDOM: "You sure you don't want one for the pretty lady?"
    Ives: "The pretty lady doesn't eat candy. That's how she got so pretty."

MsDesi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MsDesi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MsDesi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MsDesi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MsDesi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MsDesi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MsDesi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MsDesi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MsDesi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MsDesi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MsDesi has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I don't really share with anyone... I mean the trainers at the gym know me and stuff. Just fellow fitness guru asks "Are you competing or are you training for competitions?" I guess cause I'm at the gym 7 days a week. But I don't mind. When asked why I do it if it isn't for the competition reason, "it's because I want to get to a size where no one will want to f*ck with me ever again." Altho I have been asked if I'm going to get on steroids in which case that person gets a weird stare down and then they get self concious and back off.
    Trauma survivor and women's advocate since 2007.

bekkiss is on a distinguished road. (+10) bekkiss is on a distinguished road. (+10) bekkiss is on a distinguished road. (+10) bekkiss is on a distinguished road. (+10) bekkiss is on a distinguished road. (+10) bekkiss is on a distinguished road. (+10) bekkiss is on a distinguished road. (+10) bekkiss is on a distinguished road. (+10) bekkiss is on a distinguished road. (+10) bekkiss is on a distinguished road. (+10) bekkiss is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    My food and my workouts are for me only. I don't feel the need to share with random people. I spend time on the forums to share. All of my friends are training for something. A contest or some sort of athletic event. We all get it so there is no weirdness. However, we do make fun of eachother when someone is crippled with DOMS.
    Lack of activity destroys the good condition of every human being, while movement and methodical physical exercise save it and preserve it.
    Plato

VPX and Gaspari FTW!!

Mr Flexy's Happy Protégé LisaSkinnoble's Avatar
    LisaSkinnoble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LisaSkinnoble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LisaSkinnoble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LisaSkinnoble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LisaSkinnoble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LisaSkinnoble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LisaSkinnoble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LisaSkinnoble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LisaSkinnoble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LisaSkinnoble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) LisaSkinnoble has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I am 12 weeks into this new lifestyle. I have lost about 24 lbs, and people at work ask me what I'm doing. I tell them that my better half is into bodybuilding and is teaching me how to lift weights and workout. I'm proud of my achievements, so I tell them, for example, that 12 weeks ago I could only do a leg press with no weights on the sled, but now I'm up to 230 lbs. The reply is always the same: "You don't want big muscles, you just need to tone. Keep that up and you'll look like a man. Do pilates."

Huh?

robmad will become famous soon enough. (+50) robmad will become famous soon enough. (+50) robmad will become famous soon enough. (+50) robmad will become famous soon enough. (+50) robmad will become famous soon enough. (+50) robmad will become famous soon enough. (+50) robmad will become famous soon enough. (+50) robmad will become famous soon enough. (+50) robmad will become famous soon enough. (+50) robmad will become famous soon enough. (+50) robmad will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    people see me eating things (you know some of our concotions are strange, LOL) and they will look at me funny and ask questions like "how can you eat so much and be in shape?" or "You must spend every day in the gym" and then when i tell them that i only spend about 3 hours in the gym a week, i get the puzzled, "you are lying" look. i usually find that most people dont want the answers i would give them because they cant understand. it then often develops into a debate of "how is that possible" which is a dead end debate since so many people have been so misinformed over the years with diet and exercise. so as a result of this, i usually shy away from answering people at all and eat my cottage cheese and pb alone at my desk!

kdot28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kdot28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kdot28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kdot28 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    A lot of people just tell me that I don't need to lose weight etc...which is a blatant lie, I don't know why they bother saying that.

Glamorous has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Glamorous has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Glamorous has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Glamorous has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Glamorous has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Glamorous has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Glamorous has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Glamorous has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Glamorous has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Glamorous has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Glamorous has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Like most others have said, I don't really talk about my diet/working out with anyone, because they don't undestand.

I was told by someone once, that I shouldn't lift weights or try to gain muscle, because if I ever stop, all of my muscle will turn into fat and I will be even bigger (fatter) than when I first started out.

HAHA. Oh boy.
    Hard work = Hard body.

I Train to Bring You Pain kfisherx's Avatar
    kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kfisherx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Guess I work with more intelligent people... Nothing but respect from anyone who knows. I don't recall ever just popping out and telling anyone and my intent was to be private like Kim says... but when you are doing contest prep, it is obvious that something is going on. I had to tell my boss (for example) last year because she thought I was actually sick. She was wondering why my face was getting so thin and why I was losing so much fat. LOL!! Of course she was completely relieved to hear that it was very calculated and planned on my part and that it would not be for long. I explained to her all about the diet and the sport. It was a fun conversation. After that, everyone knew and it seemed that everyone wanted to talk to me about it and even ask advice about their fat loss. NEVER felt anything but love and respect through it all.

Ms. Becca has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ms. Becca has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ms. Becca has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ms. Becca has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ms. Becca has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ms. Becca has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ms. Becca has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ms. Becca has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ms. Becca has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ms. Becca has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Ms. Becca has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I had a over weight 350 lbs. guy at work tell me that I didn't need to go to the gym to lose fat on my thighs, just do leg lifts, that helped him. ????

onnadafit is on a distinguished road. (+10) onnadafit is on a distinguished road. (+10) onnadafit is on a distinguished road. (+10) onnadafit is on a distinguished road. (+10) onnadafit is on a distinguished road. (+10) onnadafit is on a distinguished road. (+10) onnadafit is on a distinguished road. (+10) onnadafit is on a distinguished road. (+10) onnadafit is on a distinguished road. (+10) onnadafit is on a distinguished road. (+10) onnadafit is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I was told I would turn into a man! Yeah.. not going to happen... haha. My friends are starting to see the difference in my attitude and they ask now how things are going, so that is great news.. plus they look at my arms/shoulders and I know they are jealous...

Originally Posted by trance__dreamer View Post
    LOL!

yea. i was accused of taking "hormone pills". hah!
    Donna
    "be true to yourself and your goals, set them at a level you can reach"

reboot42 will become famous soon enough. (+50) reboot42 will become famous soon enough. (+50) reboot42 will become famous soon enough. (+50) reboot42 will become famous soon enough. (+50) reboot42 will become famous soon enough. (+50) reboot42 will become famous soon enough. (+50) reboot42 will become famous soon enough. (+50) reboot42 will become famous soon enough. (+50) reboot42 will become famous soon enough. (+50) reboot42 will become famous soon enough. (+50) reboot42 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I generally don't tell people. My coworkers are sometimes curious about my diet...especially when they see me cooking my oats and mixing a vanilla protein shake to pour over them....."what is that powdered stuff????" LOL.

When asked I used to say I was into "fitness". I find "bodybuilding" slips out of my mouth more often...and people seem to react strangly to that word. I have had a few people ask me if I was going to get "big" or just stay "toned".

If only they really knew how long and hard I have worked to put those little tiny lumps on my shoulders....
    You can throw in the towel, or you can use it to wipe the sweat off your brow.

jmuniverse is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jmuniverse is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jmuniverse is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jmuniverse is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jmuniverse is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jmuniverse is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jmuniverse is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jmuniverse is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jmuniverse is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jmuniverse is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jmuniverse is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    people say all the time
    your arms are big sometimes even the "your growing boobs from working out so much"

and then ask "do you workout"

i say no i was born this way

another question that irriates me is "how much do you bench"
    like it is the universal question to anyone thats ever touched a weight in their life

and the best stupid question by far "you got big out of nowhere you must have taken steroids"

yes because you can gain 50lbs of muscle overnight

even thought i have been training since roughly mid 2005 or 2006
    Always trying to learn about nutrition and training, reps will be given for any questions answered.
    Feel free to pm and ask for advice, i will try to help the best i can.

RIP Zyzz, forever mirrin.
    Houston Misc Crew

angimal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) angimal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) angimal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) angimal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) angimal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) angimal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) angimal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) angimal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) angimal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) angimal is a jewel in the rough. (+500) angimal is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I've never specifically said I am into bodybuilding to anyone but my husband. He loves the look I am striving for (and like a good husband says he loves how I look now too!) and encourages me.
    I work at a small college and I have had some coaches/trainers ask me about my routine, etc. A lot of younger guys asking me what I bench, like jmuniverse said, that's the stock question. I get more looks than anything, there aren't any females in the free weight section of the gym and when they do venture over, it's not for long
    The guys at first tended to look at me a bit funny. They are used to me being there now though.
    I did have my best friend make a strange comment to me. She has quite a bit of weight to lose and she told me we could be an inspiration to others. She would be the feminine curvy type and I would be something else....nice. I still tell her to pick up the damn weights and lift heavy if she wants to drop that weight.

hmotb555 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hmotb555 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hmotb555 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hmotb555 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hmotb555 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hmotb555 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hmotb555 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hmotb555 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hmotb555 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hmotb555 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hmotb555 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Whenever I mention that I'm into weight lifting the person feels my arms and then says "Man I'm not going to mess with you because you'd beat me up!" or "I'm scared of you" and I'm like WTF! I'm one of the calmest people, I don't fight and I'm not aggressive, why would I beat someone up....oh and my brothers always say "Men aren't going to like you being so buff!" and my response is "they haven't started complaining yet!" LOL
    Push it to the limit!!!!

Favorite saying - GO GET IT!

I am a "beastess" - thanks Brian!!!

12-11-10 first powerlifting meet
    314.16/187/341 - 843 lbs total raw!

3-26-11 USPA state championship
    314.16/198.7/352 - 865lbs total raw - best female raw lifter (Open division)

On to nationals!!!

MsDesi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MsDesi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MsDesi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MsDesi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MsDesi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MsDesi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MsDesi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MsDesi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MsDesi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MsDesi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MsDesi has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by kdot28 View Post
    A lot of people just tell me that I don't need to lose weight etc...which is a blatant lie, I don't know why they bother saying that.

HAHA I've had similar. Friends already know I'm working out, in which case they say, you're small as it is, you don't need to work out. HELLO?! How do you think I got this size and maintain it?!
    Oh and for my friends and family that see they way I eat, they comment on bodybuilding-why I would want to do it... bc they think all bodybuilding consists of is looking like Arnold. Oh ppl hehe!
    Trauma survivor and women's advocate since 2007.

Pass The Refridgerator kudostojen's Avatar
    kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by EricaJuneBaby View Post
    this! I'd rather have people comment on my muscletone or how I've changed rather then walk around flexing my bicep wondering if anyone notices a difference lol!
    haha, not me. I will roll up my shirt, flex, point at my bicep and yell "LOOK WHAT I MADE!!!!!".

My one friend does get a bit jealous because of the weight i've lost, but she's always been a bit competitive that way (who's prettier). It's not something i have to deal with all the time but there have been a few situations where i've noticed her fight for attention. But no one has ever said anything too stupid when i say i w/o. Not that i can recall anyway.

"If we wait for the moment when everything, absolutely everything is ready, we shall never begin."
    Ivan Turgenev

If You Can't Stand Behind Our Troops, Feel Free To Stand in Front of Them ..