agntorange has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) agntorange has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) agntorange has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) agntorange has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) agntorange has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) agntorange has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) agntorange has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) agntorange has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) agntorange has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) agntorange has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) agntorange has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Burning sensation when overhead pressing.

When I overhead press I start getting this burning sensation in my upper left arm. Its towards the backside of the very top of the arm where it connects to the body. When I overhead press it starts burning almost like a massive lactic acid buildup. Then when I finish the exercise it stops. Its not like a sharp pain. Just a burning. My other arm feels totally fine. Any ideas? Is that rotator cuff?
    Fools laugh, while a wise man listens...."

XX400EX is just really nice. (+1000) XX400EX is just really nice. (+1000) XX400EX is just really nice. (+1000) XX400EX is just really nice. (+1000) XX400EX is just really nice. (+1000) XX400EX is just really nice. (+1000) XX400EX is just really nice. (+1000) XX400EX is just really nice. (+1000) XX400EX is just really nice. (+1000) XX400EX is just really nice. (+1000) XX400EX is just really nice. (+1000)
    Could be the rotator. I have problems with mine. I found dumb bells help alot. Give them a try and see how they feel.

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    I'm no doc , but what you're describing sounds like a pinched nerve. Usually RC damage hurts all the time, to some extent.

Shoulder joints seem to have a way of becoming chronic problems for bodybuilders. Again, I'm no doc. If this persists, it would do you well to see one.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

eomrat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eomrat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eomrat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eomrat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eomrat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eomrat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eomrat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eomrat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eomrat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eomrat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eomrat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I agree with Ironwill. An RC injury would hurt at other times as well. I always advise people to go see a Dr if they ever have any question about a potential injury. Getting a correct diagnosis can be the difference between a couple of days off from training and a couple of months off. Or worse yet, a lifetime of pain and discomfort.

I realize that not everyone can go see a Dr whenever they want for free like me, so I say all that with the hope that you are in a situation to see a Dr without having to sell one of you kids.

Main thing is, "If it hurts, stop doing it." It seems trite, but it is actually really good advice.
    RWGFY

"I'd rather go down the river with seven studs than with a hundred shytheads"
    - COL Charles Beckwith

agntorange has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) agntorange has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) agntorange has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) agntorange has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) agntorange has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) agntorange has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) agntorange has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) agntorange has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) agntorange has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) agntorange has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) agntorange has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Just started doing inclined dumbell press.

I dont think its a pinched nerve. I can feel it burning on the top of the muscle. It almost feels like a part of my muscle is getting to tight, not stretching enough. Its hard to explain. But hey you could be right so I will keep it in mind.

I found this thread below. Going to give those stretches a try and see what happens.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=529968

Any other ideas?

Eomrat, thats great advice. Thank you.

tonester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tonester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tonester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tonester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tonester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tonester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tonester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tonester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tonester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tonester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tonester is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    If you check out the attachments (insertions) that go on at the top of the arm bone (humerous) you'd not be surprised about the potential for all sorts of pains and sprains.

http://www.exrx.net/Lists/Directory.html the muscle directory on the left.

Just off the top of my head the pecs, lats, all three deltoids, teres major and minor, infraspinatus, supraspinatus and subscapularis. The last four I listed make up the rotator cuff. Oh, and of course the triceps join the party as well.

They all meet there.

Get assessed and find out what the root of the problem is or you will ALWAYS get to a "ceiling" beyond which you will injure.
    Last edited by tonester; 03-10-2010 at 12:33 PM.
    "Adapt and overcome."

"Everything you need is inside you."