ladygi19 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ladygi19 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ladygi19 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ladygi19 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ladygi19 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ladygi19 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ladygi19 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ladygi19 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ladygi19 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ladygi19 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ladygi19 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

What is a Realistic Short Term Goal

I am 5'7'' 170, I am hitting the gym 6x a week weightlifting, 3 work out split (not savvy on the lingo) for about and 30-40 and then Cardio. I am still getting used to free weights so I try to slow myself down and practice form but I take only short 1-2 min tops, breaks between sets when possible. I must admit I do spend sometime wandering because I just don't know where everything in the gym is at yet. I eat clean at about 1500 cal a day intake right now and have focused on keeping my meals low in carbs. I have lost 16lbs over the last 6 months, which I know is relatively slow progress although I was not working as hard then. ie. weight training and I was doing less cardio. I was asked today what my short term goal is and to be honest I don't know. I have been so focused on my long term which is somewhere around 133-140lbs which I have not been at in 12 years that I have not set a short term goal. What is a healthy short term goal for someone with a BF% as high as mine 32%. weekly, monthly? I am thinking I just need to find a good trainer.
    Last edited by ladygi19; 02-22-2010 at 11:00 PM.
    I am always busy, which is perhaps the chief reason why I am always well.
    ~Elizabeth Cady Stanton

LeapFroggie is just really nice. (+1000) LeapFroggie is just really nice. (+1000) LeapFroggie is just really nice. (+1000) LeapFroggie is just really nice. (+1000) LeapFroggie is just really nice. (+1000) LeapFroggie is just really nice. (+1000) LeapFroggie is just really nice. (+1000) LeapFroggie is just really nice. (+1000) LeapFroggie is just really nice. (+1000) LeapFroggie is just really nice. (+1000) LeapFroggie is just really nice. (+1000)
    I would continue to just lift weights regularly, track your calories, and target 1lb. of weight loss per week until you get to where you are happy with your BF%.

Nothing happens overnight, so don't just focus on quick results, but enjoy the journey. As long as you're making progress, that's the main thing.

bobybadass10 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bobybadass10 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bobybadass10 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bobybadass10 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bobybadass10 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bobybadass10 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bobybadass10 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) bobybadass10 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Short term goals don't have to be wieght lost.

Short term goals can anything that you think will lead to your long term goal of wieght lost. Short term goals can as simple as something like " I want to hit the gym 5 days aweek for a month." This is not a weight goal but it sure will lead to the wieght lost you are looking for.
    "Fatigue makes cowards of us all." Gen. Patton

ladygi19 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ladygi19 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ladygi19 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ladygi19 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ladygi19 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ladygi19 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ladygi19 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ladygi19 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ladygi19 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ladygi19 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ladygi19 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Red face

Originally Posted by bobybadass10 View Post
    Short term goals can anything that you think will lead to your long term goal of wieght lost. Short term goals can as simple as something like " I want to hit the gym 5 days aweek for a month." This is not a weight goal but it sure will lead to the wieght lost you are looking for.
    I know that I guess My question was vague... I want to know what is a good realistic weight loss short term goal
    ~Elizabeth Cady Stanton

marisa_grace is on a distinguished road. (+10) marisa_grace is on a distinguished road. (+10) marisa_grace is on a distinguished road. (+10) marisa_grace is on a distinguished road. (+10) marisa_grace is on a distinguished road. (+10) marisa_grace is on a distinguished road. (+10) marisa_grace is on a distinguished road. (+10) marisa_grace is on a distinguished road. (+10) marisa_grace is on a distinguished road. (+10) marisa_grace is on a distinguished road. (+10) marisa_grace is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    About 2 lbs a week is a realistic short term goal. Providing you are eating properly and working out consistantly.

ophelia53 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ophelia53 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ophelia53 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ophelia53 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ophelia53 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ophelia53 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ophelia53 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ophelia53 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ophelia53 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ophelia53 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ophelia53 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Everyday, you should set a small goal that can be accomplished that day. It can be anything from eating more veggies, to eating more protein that day, to writing down everything you eat, to lifting 5 more pounds than you did last week. Any of those things that you know you can do will help you reach your long term goal. I always like to write one down in my journal so I see it while I'm working out and know that's what I'm working towards.
    My first powerlifting meet: October 5th 2013

Beesting23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    having short term goals will keep you focused on reaching the long term goal, you may be focused on the long term goal now but its so easy to lose that focus and hard to get back to that focus when you lose it. Just keep them simple and reward yourself when you reach them, not just with food but with anything that makes you feel proud about yourself

PBnBanana has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by ophelia53 View Post
    Everyday, you should set a small goal that can be accomplished that day. It can be anything from eating more veggies, to eating more protein that day, to writing down everything you eat, to lifting 5 more pounds than you did last week. Any of those things that you know you can do will help you reach your long term goal. I always like to write one down in my journal so I see it while I'm working out and know that's what I'm working towards.
    I completly agree! I set small goals for myself everyday it makes me feel like I accomplished something. anything from one more rep per set to packing my lunch for the work the night before so I'm not rushing in the morning. deffinitly write it down too because then its more of a commitment.

Thank you guys
    ~Elizabeth Cady Stanton

Registered User beasthousemania's Avatar
    beasthousemania is just really nice. (+1000) beasthousemania is just really nice. (+1000) beasthousemania is just really nice. (+1000) beasthousemania is just really nice. (+1000) beasthousemania is just really nice. (+1000) beasthousemania is just really nice. (+1000) beasthousemania is just really nice. (+1000) beasthousemania is just really nice. (+1000) beasthousemania is just really nice. (+1000) beasthousemania is just really nice. (+1000) beasthousemania is just really nice. (+1000)
    i think you look beautiful as is
    9/16/09 = the day i quit smoking cigarettes forever.

bri87 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    you can make any short term goal that you want. They are infact YOUR goals. Make them personal though. i.e. "I will lose 1 lb of BF by this sunday." Repeat your goal to yourself often and visualize yourself accomplishing your goal. Once you believe in what you are doing you will push yourself so much more to acheiving it. Good luck

Originally Posted by emass88 View Post
    i think you look beautiful as is
    ty...
    ~Elizabeth Cady Stanton

TheBodyGenie is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheBodyGenie is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheBodyGenie is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheBodyGenie is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheBodyGenie is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheBodyGenie is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheBodyGenie is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheBodyGenie is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheBodyGenie is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheBodyGenie is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheBodyGenie is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    May I know what is your target weight? BF % and your target time?

You:
    170 lbs. = tagret 130 lbs
    32 % Bf = target 15 %
    target time = 1 month ( 5 days weekly workout)

your weekly routine should be:

Weekly = must loose 10 lbs.
    Weekly = must loose 4 - 5% BF

This is just my calculation on what do you want to target your goal depending on how much time would you like it.

Registered User beasthousemania's Avatar
    beasthousemania is just really nice. (+1000) beasthousemania is just really nice. (+1000) beasthousemania is just really nice. (+1000) beasthousemania is just really nice. (+1000) beasthousemania is just really nice. (+1000) beasthousemania is just really nice. (+1000) beasthousemania is just really nice. (+1000) beasthousemania is just really nice. (+1000) beasthousemania is just really nice. (+1000) beasthousemania is just really nice. (+1000) beasthousemania is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by ladygi19 View Post
    ty...
    welcome gorgeous (:
    9/16/09 = the day i quit smoking cigarettes forever.