Thread: Fish Oil Friday

dutter will become famous soon enough. (+50) dutter will become famous soon enough. (+50) dutter will become famous soon enough. (+50) dutter will become famous soon enough. (+50) dutter will become famous soon enough. (+50) dutter will become famous soon enough. (+50) dutter will become famous soon enough. (+50) dutter will become famous soon enough. (+50) dutter will become famous soon enough. (+50) dutter will become famous soon enough. (+50) dutter will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Fish Oil Friday

I'm not trying to beat a dead horse here and I'm sure this has been discussed before. I hear a lot of talk & hype about fish oil. I have not done any searches or reading about this. I was thinking about adding fish oil to my array of vitamins & minerals I am currently taking. I am looking for some fresh input from you guys & gals that are using it because I respect your opinions.

Questions:
    Do you use fish oil and why?
    How much per day?
    When do you take it?

Answer only the questions you feel like. Add any information you wish. Those that had enough of this topic please just pass it by. thanks for any imput.

why "fish oil friday"? its friday & it just sounded good.
    Last edited by dutter; 02-19-2010 at 05:34 AM.

BBLou has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BBLou has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BBLou has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BBLou has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BBLou has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BBLou has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BBLou has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BBLou has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BBLou has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BBLou has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BBLou has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    - yes, good source of Omega 3's, good for your heart, blood flow, endurance (supposedly)...
    - about 4 grams
    - spread out three times per day (morning, lunch, and night)

I also take Flax Oil before bed, about 2 grams...
    "Consistency, hard work and dedication is the key to success"

bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by dutter View Post
    I'm not trying to beat a dead horse here and I'm sure this has been discussed before. I hear a lot of talk & hype about fish oil. I have not done any searches or reading about this. I was thinking about adding fish oil to my array of vitamins & minerals I am currently taking. I am looking for some fresh input from you guys & gals that are using it because I respect your opinions.

Questions:
    How much per day?
    When do you take it?

Answer only the questions you feel like. Add any information you wish. Those that had enough of this topic please just pass it by. thanks for any imput.

why "fish oil friday"? its friday & it just sounded good.
    I started using Fish Oil to help maintain a good cholesterol level. I take about 4 g a day. I am not good about taking pills so I take them in the morning, though I probably should spread them out.
    David, a 56 year old pastor, husband and father.

1Co 9:27 But I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified

Best Lifts - Squat 375lbs Bench 205 lbs Deadlift 470lbs. Goals in next year? Be the best Me I can be.

rab71 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rab71 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rab71 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rab71 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rab71 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rab71 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rab71 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rab71 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rab71 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rab71 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) rab71 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Why? Because the doctor says so and because the above responses.

When and how much? In the morning, 1200mg.
    Are you placing limits on romance? Are you telling me that a sex act involving a robotic monkey, three midgets, a motorized two-headed rubber f'ck-stick, a jungle gym, and some purple truck nutz CAN'T be romantic and loving? - Karl_Hungus

Old Man Yelling at Cloud -=FLEX=-'s Avatar
    -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I take FLAX and Omega 3-6-9

Started doing some research on Wikipedia and it seemed logical.

Fatty acids help with brain function (among other things), and what is the brawn without the brains?

I say go for it.

-=FLEX=-
    Insta: flexjs

Perseverance, Inc.

Spring Supremacy 2018 - 620/345/615 @ 50 yrs old

RIP Gene Rychlak

redweston is just really nice. (+1000) redweston is just really nice. (+1000) redweston is just really nice. (+1000) redweston is just really nice. (+1000) redweston is just really nice. (+1000) redweston is just really nice. (+1000) redweston is just really nice. (+1000) redweston is just really nice. (+1000) redweston is just really nice. (+1000) redweston is just really nice. (+1000) redweston is just really nice. (+1000)

Thumbs up

Yes !
    Enjoy The Pump Of Life !!

IT'S NOT WHAT KIND OF CAR YOU DRIVE THAT COUNTS, IT'S THE SIZE OF THE ARM YOU HANG OUT THE WINDOW!

Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Yes, high-concentrated fish oil. I started taking it because of its link to maintaining brain function and mood, but I later learned of its anti-inflammatory properties for the heart and circulatory system. Then I later found out about its lipolysis properties. How can you go wrong with a supplement like that???

How much per day?
    4800 mg, two 1200 mg pills in the morning and two of the same in the evening. The DHA/EPA yield is ~3.5 grams from using concentrated oil.

When do you take it?
    See above.
    "Blessed be the Lord my rock, who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle." - Psalm 144:1

Also, taxation is theft.

vmpolesov is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vmpolesov is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vmpolesov is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vmpolesov is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vmpolesov is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vmpolesov is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vmpolesov is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vmpolesov is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vmpolesov is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vmpolesov is a jewel in the rough. (+500) vmpolesov is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    1x 1200mg liquid softgel per day. Sounds like some people are taking more, maybe I should check it out... oh wait, the label says 'serving size 2 softgels'. oops!

By the way at the drugstore just for the heck of it and because it was free, I asked the pharmacist on duty about regular fish oil caps vs. another brand that had fish+flax+borage. He said get the fish - much more usable by your body.

Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by vmpolesov View Post
    1x 1200mg liquid softgel per day. Sounds like some people are taking more, maybe I should check it out... oh wait, the label says 'serving size 2 softgels'. oops!

By the way at the drugstore just for the heck of it and because it was free, I asked the pharmacist on duty about regular fish oil caps vs. another brand that had fish+flax+borage. He said get the fish - much more usable by your body.
    Your pharmacist gave you good advice. In case you want flax oil, you're better off getting milled flax seed to add to your shakes, oatmeal, bread dough...whatever you want to add the meal to, really. That way you're getting the protein, fiber, and lignans as well as the oils.
    "Blessed be the Lord my rock, who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle." - Psalm 144:1

Also, taxation is theft.

tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) tmonkey has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    doc has me on 2 grams a day. His nurse told me to take it (two pills) at the same time of the day but I take it once in the am and once in the pm. I plan to ask him about it when i see him on tuesday.

taken for all of the reasons above but I have not noticed any improvement and it is probably one of those things that don't really have proof that they are working for you but you take them in hopes that they help.

also a tip they gave me is if you get the fish breath/burps keep the pills in your freezer and they will still absorb fine without the smell

agntorange has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) agntorange has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) agntorange has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) agntorange has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) agntorange has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) agntorange has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) agntorange has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) agntorange has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) agntorange has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) agntorange has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) agntorange has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by BBLou View Post
    - yes, good source of Omega 3's, good for your heart, blood flow, endurance (supposedly)...
    - about 4 grams
    - spread out three times per day (morning, lunch, and night)

I also take Flax Oil before bed, about 2 grams...
    My fish oil comes in milligrams, 1200 a pill. How many milligrams make a gram?
    Fools laugh, while a wise man listens...."

wintersix is on a distinguished road. (+10) wintersix is on a distinguished road. (+10) wintersix is on a distinguished road. (+10) wintersix is on a distinguished road. (+10) wintersix is on a distinguished road. (+10) wintersix is on a distinguished road. (+10) wintersix is on a distinguished road. (+10) wintersix is on a distinguished road. (+10) wintersix is on a distinguished road. (+10) wintersix is on a distinguished road. (+10) wintersix is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I take 1200mg once a day right after lunch usually. I had read a lot of health benefits about the fish oils so I gave it a try. So far I have noticed two things:

1. I seem to be recovering faster from workouts. Not sure why.
    2. Dont take on an empty stomach or you will be burping up some NASTY burps all day!

Old Man Yelling at Cloud -=FLEX=-'s Avatar
    -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by agntorange View Post
    My fish oil comes in milligrams, 1200 a pill. How many milligrams make a gram?

So you are taking 1.2 grams per pill.

-=FLEX=-
    Insta: flexjs

Perseverance, Inc.

Spring Supremacy 2018 - 620/345/615 @ 50 yrs old

RIP Gene Rychlak

StevenV will become famous soon enough. (+50) StevenV will become famous soon enough. (+50) StevenV will become famous soon enough. (+50) StevenV will become famous soon enough. (+50) StevenV will become famous soon enough. (+50) StevenV will become famous soon enough. (+50) StevenV will become famous soon enough. (+50) StevenV will become famous soon enough. (+50) StevenV will become famous soon enough. (+50) StevenV will become famous soon enough. (+50) StevenV will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Fish Oil Friday is a good Lent topic

**golfclap**

I take 2000 mils a day of fish oil softgel, morning and noon

also eat tuna and flax and look for products that include omegas

alot of hype about fish oil supplements include the comment about "fish burps", at first i was like wtf, i dont want to deal with that...but, its never happened to me.

dutter will become famous soon enough. (+50) dutter will become famous soon enough. (+50) dutter will become famous soon enough. (+50) dutter will become famous soon enough. (+50) dutter will become famous soon enough. (+50) dutter will become famous soon enough. (+50) dutter will become famous soon enough. (+50) dutter will become famous soon enough. (+50) dutter will become famous soon enough. (+50) dutter will become famous soon enough. (+50) dutter will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by StevenV View Post
    Fish Oil Friday is a good Lent topic

**golfclap**

I take 2000 mils a day of fish oil softgel, morning and noon

also eat tuna and flax and look for products that include omegas

alot of hype about fish oil supplements include the comment about "fish burps", at first i was like wtf, i dont want to deal with that...but, its never happened to me.
    thanks for all the good replies. i think im convinced to add it to my arsenal.

lol..."Fish Oil Burps" i saw a post named that a bit back...i was too afraid to read it.

agntorange has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) agntorange has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) agntorange has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) agntorange has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) agntorange has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) agntorange has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) agntorange has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) agntorange has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) agntorange has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) agntorange has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) agntorange has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by FLEXjs View Post

So you are taking 1.2 grams per pill.

-=FLEX=-
    awesome, thanks!
    Fools laugh, while a wise man listens...."

dmger14 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dmger14 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dmger14 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dmger14 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dmger14 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dmger14 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dmger14 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dmger14 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dmger14 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dmger14 will become famous soon enough. (+50) dmger14 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Does it help raise HDL (good cholesterol)? I have a low cholesterol reading with HDL, and have started taking fish oil and some almonds in hopes of raising it.