Closed Thread
Page 104 of 306 FirstFirst ... 4 54 94 102 103 104 105 106 114 154 204 ... LastLast
Results 3,091 to 3,120 of 9178
    neonhypoxia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) neonhypoxia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) neonhypoxia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) neonhypoxia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) neonhypoxia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) neonhypoxia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) neonhypoxia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) neonhypoxia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) neonhypoxia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) neonhypoxia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) neonhypoxia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by outlikeatrout View Post
    Thinly veiled attempt to sow dissension is thinly veiled.

The body of Christ is all people who believe in Christ.
    Not really, not at all. If you look back through the last few pages in this thread Harbinger's comments are extremely on topic with respect to the Catholicism conversation that was going on. Speaking of, considering that conversation its looks like there already is dissension. No need to try and sow it when its already there.
    All of this has been posted before, and all of this will be posted again.

outlikeatrout is a jewel in the rough. (+500) outlikeatrout is a jewel in the rough. (+500) outlikeatrout is a jewel in the rough. (+500) outlikeatrout is a jewel in the rough. (+500) outlikeatrout is a jewel in the rough. (+500) outlikeatrout is a jewel in the rough. (+500) outlikeatrout is a jewel in the rough. (+500) outlikeatrout is a jewel in the rough. (+500) outlikeatrout is a jewel in the rough. (+500) outlikeatrout is a jewel in the rough. (+500) outlikeatrout is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by neonhypoxia View Post
    Not really, not at all. If you look back through the last few pages in this thread Harbinger's comments are extremely on topic with respect to the Catholicism conversation that was going on. Speaking of, considering that conversation its looks like there already is dissension. No need to try and sow it when its already there.
    Yeah, I know there's no need. That doesn't mean he didn't do it, and under a thin veil besides, lol.
    There is no contradiction against God: GodandLogic.com

Facilitating the i̵̬͠l̴̺͒ Harbinger's Avatar
    Harbinger has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Harbinger has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Harbinger has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Harbinger has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Harbinger has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Harbinger has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Harbinger has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Harbinger has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Harbinger has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Harbinger has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Harbinger has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Yeah, I know there's no need. That doesn't mean he didn't do it, and under a thin veil besides, lol.
    One of my many qualities is honesty. Had I been trying to "sow dissension" I would have said so. I prefer to ask these typs of question in this thread because, I believe the answers are more candid. You also don't get trolled by the douche bag atheists.
    Last edited by Harbinger; 02-22-2011 at 01:17 PM. Reason: ninja
    O|||||||O

neonhypoxia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) neonhypoxia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) neonhypoxia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) neonhypoxia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) neonhypoxia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) neonhypoxia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) neonhypoxia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) neonhypoxia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) neonhypoxia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) neonhypoxia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) neonhypoxia is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Its asking the christians a question on Christianity about their view on a topic within Christianity that they were already discussing in the christian thread. I'm not sure what you think the problem is with his question here. Its not like he just showed up and asked the question when everyone was talking about how much they love rainbows. It was on a topic that was already being discussed in here that the other christians had brought up themselves. Plus it was asked in a fairly respectful way. Its not like he came in and said "You all be retards lolololol!!1!!one! Derp a herp jewish zombie lolololo!eleventyone!!1!"

ppself has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ppself has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ppself has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ppself has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ppself has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ppself has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ppself has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ppself has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ppself has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ppself has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ppself has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Its asking the christians a question on Christianity about their view on a topic within Christianity that they were already discussing in the christian thread. I'm not sure what you think the problem is with his question here. Its not like he just showed up and asked the question when everyone was talking about how much they love rainbows. It was on a topic that was already being discussed in here that the other christians had brought up themselves. Plus it was asked in a fairly respectful way. Its not like he came in and said "You all be retards lolololol!!1!!one! Derp a herp jewish zombie lolololo!eleventyone!!1!"
    I like how atheists don't really know the definition of a zombie, and what Christ did. If they did, then they would know they are not the same.
    "Don't be envious when the grass is greener on the other side because you don't know how much crap it took to fertilize that ground.�

Are you ready? "Therefore I said to you that you will die in your sins; for if you do not believe that I am He, you will die in your sins.� (John 8:24).

Harbinger has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Harbinger has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Harbinger has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Harbinger has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Harbinger has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Harbinger has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Harbinger has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Harbinger has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Harbinger has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Harbinger has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Harbinger has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by ppself View Post
    I like how atheists don't really know the definition of a zombie, and what Christ did. If they did, then they would know they are not the same.
    I don't believe I've ever referred to jesus as a zombie. I believe he's mythical at best, not a zombie.
    O|||||||O

ppself has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ppself has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ppself has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ppself has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ppself has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ppself has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ppself has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ppself has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ppself has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ppself has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ppself has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Harbinger View Post
    I don't believe I've ever referred to jesus as a zombie. I believe he's mythical at best, not a zombie.
    I was being general with the comment, i know not all atheists feel the same way. Just the hateful atheists use that comment.

But that's interesting that you believe that Jesus didn't exist at all when we have the writings from Josephus on Jesus. I think there were other scholars that wrote of Jesus too, but i can't remember who they were right now.

So even if you don't accept the divine nature of Christ, there is evidence that he existed.
    "Don't be envious when the grass is greener on the other side because you don't know how much crap it took to fertilize that ground.�

Are you ready? "Therefore I said to you that you will die in your sins; for if you do not believe that I am He, you will die in your sins.� (John 8:24).

I was being general with the comment, i know not all atheists feel the same way. Just the hateful atheists use that comment.

But that's interesting that you believe that Jesus didn't exist at all when we have the writings from Josephus on Jesus. I think there were other scholars that wrote of Jesus too, but i can't remember who they were right now.

So even if you don't accept the divine nature of Christ, there is evidence that he existed.
    From my understanding Josephus wrote about what Christians believed, not directly about Jesus. I'm not aware of any other authors mentioning anything other than "The Christ" not Jesus specifically. I'm not saying he didn't exist, just that he's mythical. Myths are often based on or contain some truth.
    O|||||||O

Tamandua is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tamandua is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tamandua is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tamandua is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tamandua is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tamandua is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tamandua is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tamandua is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tamandua is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tamandua is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tamandua is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    this is the problem

So many lulz in the christian thread. It's Catholics vs non Catholics. Each calling the other wrong.
    The Christian thread has really been lulzy lately. It's like watching retards having a slap fight over who's got the cooler helmet.
    More lulz from the Christian thread.

Originally Posted by Tamandua View Post
    this is the problem
    None of that is from this thread though, I didn't start any of the arguments here, just commented on them. The only time I commented on it in this thread, was at the behest of somebody else.
    O|||||||O

Tamandua is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tamandua is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tamandua is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tamandua is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tamandua is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tamandua is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tamandua is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tamandua is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tamandua is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tamandua is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Tamandua is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    None of that is from this thread though, I didn't start any of the arguments here, just commented on them. The only time I commented on it in this thread, was at the behest of somebody else.
    Yep, and I didn't say any of that, I'm just showing how you seem to love arguments and disorder here, yet you behave so well.

Yep, and I didn't say any of that, I'm just showing how you seem to love arguments and disorder here, yet you behave so well.
    I won't deny that...
    O|||||||O

outlikeatrout is a jewel in the rough. (+500) outlikeatrout is a jewel in the rough. (+500) outlikeatrout is a jewel in the rough. (+500) outlikeatrout is a jewel in the rough. (+500) outlikeatrout is a jewel in the rough. (+500) outlikeatrout is a jewel in the rough. (+500) outlikeatrout is a jewel in the rough. (+500) outlikeatrout is a jewel in the rough. (+500) outlikeatrout is a jewel in the rough. (+500) outlikeatrout is a jewel in the rough. (+500) outlikeatrout is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    One of my many qualities is honesty. Had I been trying to "sow dissension" I would have said so. I prefer to ask these typs of question in this thread because, I believe the answers are more candid. You also don't get trolled by the douche bag atheists.
    I won't deny that...
    There is no contradiction against God: GodandLogic.com

I've not started any of those arguments.
    O|||||||O

Not fair dude. I love a good theist fight too but I've always behaved myself in the christian thread.

mistercollie is a name known to all. (+5000) mistercollie is a name known to all. (+5000) mistercollie is a name known to all. (+5000) mistercollie is a name known to all. (+5000) mistercollie is a name known to all. (+5000) mistercollie is a name known to all. (+5000) mistercollie is a name known to all. (+5000) mistercollie is a name known to all. (+5000) mistercollie is a name known to all. (+5000) mistercollie is a name known to all. (+5000) mistercollie is a name known to all. (+5000)
    If I knew what you believed, I would not have asked
    I honestly like to keep that to myself b/c I am a mixture of different beliefs. Let's just say I'm a prodigal son that is still out n' about, and needs just a little bit more time to explore before returning whole-hearted to his roots.

However, on the subject of debating doctrine, I'm pretty confident very few would be able to one-up me. I've learned a lot through my years of studying. Going from atheist to theist, then studying all religions generally, then studying many different Christian sects. I argue using literal Bible translations, not partials transliterations. I have been through the entire Bible twice, and along with that hundreds of publications that verily argue both sides of important doctrines like the "trinity, hellfire, paradise, etc." and therefore have a lot to refer to.

I think Christians as a general whole are actually idiots, not because of their way of life or morality, but b/c they blindly refuse to educate themselves on the very book that is the foundation for the indoctrination. Instead they resort to mixing "philosophy" and other modern political/social views with Biblical views. And thus, conglomerates like Catholicism are born. It's a good thing for them the God of the Bible doesn't hold ignorance as unforgivable.

Originally Posted by mistercollie View Post
    I honestly like to keep that to myself b/c I am a mixture of different beliefs. Let's just say I'm a prodigal son that is still out n' about, and needs just a little bit more time to explore before returning whole-hearted to his roots.

However, on the subject of debating doctrine, I'm pretty confident very few would be able to one-up me. I've learned a lot through my years of studying. Going from atheist to theist, then studying all religions generally, then studying many different Christian sects. I argue using literal Bible translations, not partials transliterations. I have been through the entire Bible twice, and along with that hundreds of publications that verily argue both sides of important doctrines like the "trinity, hellfire, paradise, etc." and therefore have a lot to refer to.

I think Christians as a general whole are actually idiots, not because of their way of life or morality, but b/c they blindly refuse to educate themselves on the very book that is the foundation for the indoctrination. Instead they resort to mixing "philosophy" and other modern political/social views with Biblical views. And thus, conglomerates like Catholicism are born. It's a good thing for them the God of the Bible doesn't hold ignorance as unforgivable.
    I call them Christards. They're Christian because mummy and daddy said so.
    O|||||||O

Not fair dude. I love a good theist fight too but I've always behaved myself in the christian thread.
    Religious leaders are exceptions :P

Religious leaders are exceptions :P
    As long as you recognize that I'm admiralin.

Going from atheist to theist...
    Explain.

mistercollie is a name known to all. (+5000) mistercollie is a name known to all. (+5000) mistercollie is a name known to all. (+5000) mistercollie is a name known to all. (+5000) mistercollie is a name known to all. (+5000) mistercollie is a name known to all. (+5000) mistercollie is a name known to all. (+5000) mistercollie is a name known to all. (+5000) mistercollie is a name known to all. (+5000) mistercollie is a name known to all. (+5000) mistercollie is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Explain.
    I used to be a devout atheist & skeptic. Then, slowly became a theist. That is that.

I used to be a devout atheist & skeptic. Then, slowly became a theist. That is that.
    Nope, something happened.
    O|||||||O

Um...

Nope, something happened.
    Yeah, that. Why was it that you became a theist? (Serious question, not trolling. I'm actually interested in why.)

On a side note, what the hell is a devout atheist?

gijoe985 is just really nice. (+1000) gijoe985 is just really nice. (+1000) gijoe985 is just really nice. (+1000) gijoe985 is just really nice. (+1000) gijoe985 is just really nice. (+1000) gijoe985 is just really nice. (+1000) gijoe985 is just really nice. (+1000) gijoe985 is just really nice. (+1000) gijoe985 is just really nice. (+1000) gijoe985 is just really nice. (+1000) gijoe985 is just really nice. (+1000)
    My sig, brah? 1 Cor. 9:27. There are a beast load of different iterations depending on which translation you use. A literal translation shows best what the verse is saying, like the one I've used... but there are a couple other versions that word it enthusiastically too:

"No, I train my body and bring it under control. Then after I have preached to others, I myself will not break the rules and fail to win the prize." (New International Reader's)

"But I discipline my body and make it a slave, so that, after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified." (New American Standard)
    Thanks for the reply! I like it, and I think I can see a good angle with it!
    Life is like a roller coaster. There are ups and downs. Time to start climbing again!

rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Do you mean these?

"But avoid foolish controversies, genealogies, dissensions, and quarrels about the law, for they are unprofitable and worthless."
    Titus 3:9

"Have nothing to do with foolish, ignorant controversies; you know that they breed quarrels."
    2 Timothy 2:23

That's definitely something I struggle with because when arguing particular points of logic, it can start to seem very foolish and unproductive.

But then I take heart, because I don't know how God intends to use me:

"so shall my word be that goes out from my mouth; it shall not return to me empty, but it shall accomplish that which I purpose, and shall succeed in the thing for which I sent it."
    Isaiah 55:11

And also ppself quoted one of my favorite passages (I even have this on my site):

"but in your hearts honor Christ the Lord as holy, always being prepared to make a defense to anyone who asks you for a reason for the hope that is in you; yet do it with gentleness and respect"
    1 Peter 3:15

So I think the trick here is to not get pulled into the trap of being insulting and prideful about getting your point across, but also do not be afraid to stand up for your faith because you don't know how the things you say are going to affect people's hearts for the Lord.
    Those are definitely some of the verses I was thinking of while writing that. Thankyou.
    SQ 172.5kg. BP 105kg. DL 200kg. OHP 62.5kg @ 67.3kg

Greg Everett says: "You take someone who's totally sedentary and you can get 'em stronger by making them pick their nose vigorously for an hour a day."

Sometimes I write things about training: modernstrengthtraining.wordpress.com

rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

I've been very fortunate that when I decided to start exploring the faith I claimed to have, the first church I walked into was one where the majority of sermons are series' on a specific book of the bible, where we just systematically go through a book of the bible over the period of (usually) 4-8 weeks, plus growth group studies that go into further depth on those books throughout the week. This seems to be a rare thing. Obviously, there's only so much that can be covered in a sermon or even a private study, but it's helped me get far more educated. I think I learnt more about Christ in my first 2 months studying with this congregation than I did in 20 years before hand. Mind you, there's still LOTS I don't know.
    SQ 172.5kg. BP 105kg. DL 200kg. OHP 62.5kg @ 67.3kg

Greg Everett says: "You take someone who's totally sedentary and you can get 'em stronger by making them pick their nose vigorously for an hour a day."

Sometimes I write things about training: modernstrengthtraining.wordpress.com

doomfreek has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) doomfreek has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) doomfreek has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) doomfreek has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) doomfreek has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) doomfreek has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) doomfreek has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) doomfreek has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) doomfreek has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) doomfreek has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) doomfreek has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I am no calvinist, but I am going to Heaven.
    Calvanists believe it is already written who is going to heaven and who is going to hell. That is false because everyone has free will no matter how all omnipotent God is..

I have no concern for my soul. It's others that i have concern for. Christ paid for my debts.

Calvinism is not a essential doctrine. If your going to defend the bible, it would be best to be on the side of Calvinism while doing it. IMO.

Not being a Calvinist is going to send you to hell.

I speak more on those that believe you can maintain gay relationships and be christian. I've met people who claim to be christian and still have premarital sex with no remorse about it.
    If your as fit as me, then there are too many Spartans on this planet....

doomfreek has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) doomfreek has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) doomfreek has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) doomfreek has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) doomfreek has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) doomfreek has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) doomfreek has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) doomfreek has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) doomfreek has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) doomfreek has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) doomfreek has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    You my friend are ignorant. You know nothing of Christianity, but a lot about religion. There is a difference. I am in no religion or religious doctrine, but rather, I am in a relationship with my Lord, Jesus Christ and follow the Bible literally. And it actually coincides with the world around us perfectly. We are in the time of the Harlot Church! It is all biblical and scriptural. FYI, Catholicism is a religion based on rules to make their church rich. And they worship many idols, marry, angels, dead people and the pope. That is not Christianity. If you are not Christian, you are blind to what a true born again believer can see.

And the Lord also says ignorance is no excuse and is damnable. Christ will reach the 4 corners of the earth before the rapture. No man will have an excuse of ignorance.

NeoSeminole is a name known to all. (+5000) NeoSeminole is a name known to all. (+5000) NeoSeminole is a name known to all. (+5000) NeoSeminole is a name known to all. (+5000) NeoSeminole is a name known to all. (+5000) NeoSeminole is a name known to all. (+5000) NeoSeminole is a name known to all. (+5000) NeoSeminole is a name known to all. (+5000) NeoSeminole is a name known to all. (+5000) NeoSeminole is a name known to all. (+5000) NeoSeminole is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I saw this video today for the first time and wanted to share with you guys

Every story has many sides.
    Your right!

Let me give you guys a lesson of Islam. Their two holy books that they are supposed to follow if they are in fact actual muslims are the quaran and the haddit. Those two books have been the same since they were created and HAVE NEVER BEEN HIJACKED.. That is a western media lie. In those two books, it speaks about the total annihilation of the Jewish and Christian race. That is the way of a true muslim. The quaran and haddith is no book of love and happiness. It is a book of brought upon by satan. In the haddith, it speaks of Jesus coming back to earth with mohammed to kill all Jews. If a Jew hides behind a tree or a rock, they will tell Isa (Jesus) that there is a Jew behind the rock and for them to kill the Jew.

That is why only God can reach a follower of Islam.

Now I hit up the atheists.

They are a tricky creature. they are self righteous and self centered regardless of the millions of contributions they give to society, mostly negative albeit and for attention and fame. Most of the time, they feel that their is a God out their, but they chose to deny him because the way they live their lives is the way they want to live their lives. I have tried to witness to many atheists. And they all give me a youtube video on science or throw out an atheistic propaganda scientific book.

Again, only God can reach these people..

Who can ya Christian effectively witness to?
    Well, you must have the power of discernment. That is the ability to tell who is able to readily receive the word of God and be open to it, while wanting to seek more answers on their own. There are honestly not many of those people..

I love all people and wish everyone could be saved because it is an amazing experience to walk with Christ. No day is dull, sad or gloomy.. Everyday is a blessing!

Iron_Chef has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iron_Chef has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iron_Chef has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iron_Chef has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iron_Chef has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iron_Chef has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iron_Chef has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iron_Chef has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iron_Chef has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iron_Chef has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iron_Chef has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    "All our righteousness is like filthy rags"

(Isa 64:4-9)

Research guise...

We are only saved by the grace of God

Closed Thread
Page 104 of 306 FirstFirst ... 4 54 94 102 103 104 105 106 114 154 204 ... LastLast