maesthetics will become famous soon enough. (+50) maesthetics will become famous soon enough. (+50) maesthetics will become famous soon enough. (+50) maesthetics will become famous soon enough. (+50) maesthetics will become famous soon enough. (+50) maesthetics will become famous soon enough. (+50) maesthetics will become famous soon enough. (+50) maesthetics will become famous soon enough. (+50) maesthetics will become famous soon enough. (+50) maesthetics will become famous soon enough. (+50) maesthetics will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Not getting enough protein

Hey guys i did a search but i didnt find any answers.

I am a noob, who is not getting enough protein from my diet. gunna go buy some cheap as tuna tomorrow which will be added to my lunch.

According to fitday, today i only had 88 grams (not including shake before bed)

i realise i could have more protein shakes but i am unsure as to what times i should take them (cutting) should i just have shakes at all snack times

meals look like this:

7-8am breakfast - egg with multigrain bread and weetbix

10am snack - popcorn

12pm lunch - basamati rice

3pm - snack

6pm - tea

8pm - snack

10pm shake before bed

any tips on adding more protein with meals or meal times?

thanks

kaanbk is on a distinguished road. (+10) kaanbk is on a distinguished road. (+10) kaanbk is on a distinguished road. (+10) kaanbk is on a distinguished road. (+10) kaanbk is on a distinguished road. (+10) kaanbk is on a distinguished road. (+10) kaanbk is on a distinguished road. (+10) kaanbk is on a distinguished road. (+10) kaanbk is on a distinguished road. (+10) kaanbk is on a distinguished road. (+10) kaanbk is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    i use egg ehite powder, hardly any fat, its cheap and high in protein, i use it for eggs in breakfast or i do this:

mix one scoop of egg white with 10 table spoons of lite yogurt, add few table spoons of wheat germ and honey, thats easy to eat and its packin about 40 grams of protein.

the point is egg white powder is good but dont buy a whole lot if you have a sensitive taste or stomach. try it first.. cuz i tried a few brands and i dont mind but... its not the best tasting or smelling thing out there... but no fat and heaps of protein.. gotta be great for the body right!! add some kidney beans to your meals, tuna is good so its good idea u are eatin that.. i usually have my meals at 9am - 12 - 3 - 6 - 9 - 12am.. along woth your tea have some handful of peanuts, cashews or almonds or u can have a glass of lite milk and a peanut butter sandwich,

**i am not an expert, but thats wat i can say from my experience, good luck ! **

Tomohawk92 is not very helpful. (-500) Tomohawk92 is not very helpful. (-500) Tomohawk92 is not very helpful. (-500) Tomohawk92 is not very helpful. (-500) Tomohawk92 is not very helpful. (-500) Tomohawk92 is not very helpful. (-500) Tomohawk92 is not very helpful. (-500) Tomohawk92 is not very helpful. (-500) Tomohawk92 is not very helpful. (-500) Tomohawk92 is not very helpful. (-500) Tomohawk92 is not very helpful. (-500)
    ****ing troll is obvious to me
    Egg foo young, En lo mein, so come on baby and have it just the same woooooynga

maesthetics will become famous soon enough. (+50) maesthetics will become famous soon enough. (+50) maesthetics will become famous soon enough. (+50) maesthetics will become famous soon enough. (+50) maesthetics will become famous soon enough. (+50) maesthetics will become famous soon enough. (+50) maesthetics will become famous soon enough. (+50) maesthetics will become famous soon enough. (+50) maesthetics will become famous soon enough. (+50) maesthetics will become famous soon enough. (+50) maesthetics will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by kaanbk View Post
    i use egg ehite powder, hardly any fat, its cheap and high in protein, i use it for eggs in breakfast or i do this:

mix one scoop of egg white with 10 table spoons of lite yogurt, add few table spoons of wheat germ and honey, thats easy to eat and its packin about 40 grams of protein.

the point is egg white powder is good but dont buy a whole lot if you have a sensitive taste or stomach. try it first.. cuz i tried a few brands and i dont mind but... its not the best tasting or smelling thing out there... but no fat and heaps of protein.. gotta be great for the body right!! add some kidney beans to your meals, tuna is good so its good idea u are eatin that.. i usually have my meals at 9am - 12 - 3 - 6 - 9 - 12am.. along woth your tea have some handful of peanuts, cashews or almonds or u can have a glass of lite milk and a peanut butter sandwich,

**i am not an expert, but thats wat i can say from my experience, good luck ! **
    ill have a look at getting some egg white powder. and ill try adding some nuts and milk to my meals.

cheers mate

Originally Posted by Tomohawk92 View Post
    ****ing troll is obvious to me
    im not trolling..

CharH06 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) CharH06 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) CharH06 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) CharH06 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) CharH06 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) CharH06 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) CharH06 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) CharH06 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) CharH06 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) CharH06 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) CharH06 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    popcorn....i lol'd

obvious troll..

Valjean is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Valjean is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Valjean is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Valjean is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Valjean is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Valjean is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Valjean is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Valjean is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Valjean is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Valjean is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Valjean is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Your lunch should not be a carb only! That's why people feel tired after they eat lunch so often...I don't know what the first word is, so forgive me if I'm wrong. Make it a point to have 1 protein source every meal. Supplements beat all for cost and convienience.

And above post -Popcorn=whole grain=****ing delicious, esp with garlic and olive oil =)
    Will rep back 250+

=== ☆ ☆ Fernando Rollins Crew ☆ ☆ ===

58.1% on our stock picking YTD. Trade with us!
    www.TradersBase.com

Originally Posted by Valjean View Post
    Your lunch should not be a carb only! That's why people feel tired after they eat lunch so often...I don't know what the first word is, so forgive me if I'm wrong. Make it a point to have 1 protein source every meal. Supplements beat all for cost and convienience.

And above post -Popcorn=whole grain=****ing delicious, esp with garlic and olive oil =)
    yeah im going to have a serving of tuna with my lunch everyday now. cheers

whats so funny about popcorn? i air pop my own, theres like no calories in it and it fills you up?

On Fire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) On Fire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) On Fire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) On Fire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) On Fire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) On Fire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) On Fire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) On Fire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) On Fire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) On Fire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) On Fire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by danlolzz View Post

I am a noob, who is not getting enough protein from my diet. gunna go buy some cheap as tuna tomorrow which will be added to my lunch.

i realise i could have more protein shakes but i am unsure as to what times i should take them (cutting) should i just have shakes at all snack times

meals look like this:

10am snack - popcorn

3pm - snack

6pm - tea

8pm - snack

10pm shake before bed

thanks
    What was your calorie total with that particular fitday? I'm eyeballing here, but that looks like less than 1000 calories, and a good chunk is rice. No wonder you didnt meet your protein goals.

Originally Posted by joemauro View Post
    What was your calorie total with that particular fitday? I'm eyeballing here, but that looks like less than 1000 calories, and a good chunk is rice. No wonder you didnt meet your protein goals.
    1900 something i believe, including another 2 shakes

transformation started... aussieangie's Avatar
    aussieangie will become famous soon enough. (+50) aussieangie will become famous soon enough. (+50) aussieangie will become famous soon enough. (+50) aussieangie will become famous soon enough. (+50) aussieangie will become famous soon enough. (+50) aussieangie will become famous soon enough. (+50) aussieangie will become famous soon enough. (+50) aussieangie will become famous soon enough. (+50) aussieangie will become famous soon enough. (+50) aussieangie will become famous soon enough. (+50) aussieangie will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by danlolzz View Post

meals look like this:

10am snack - popcorn

3pm - snack

6pm - tea

8pm - snack

10pm shake before bed

thanks
    Just wondering where your fruit and veggies are?

Yes protein should be eaten at every meal, and there are some great sources around. Buy some chicken breasts in bulk, cook them up with seasoning and a little lemon, divide them per portion into a container and you are good to go for the week. Tuna tins are easy as well. I know here in australia we have tinned chicken and its really convenient.
    Nuts are a great source as well.
    Angie....
    "For me life is continuously being hungry. The meaning of life is not simply to exist, to survive, but to move ahead, to go up, to achieve, to conquer" - Arnold
    (\__/)
    (=’.’=)
    (”)_(”)
    POINTS TO REMEMBER - If you can't kill it, grow it, or pick it, you probably shouldn't be eating it!!!

borlef borlef borlef borlef borlef borlef borlef borlef borlef borlef borlef
    88 grams is completely fine on a non-workout day. Read any medical study and it will prove you definitely do not need more than that. If you work out hard on a particular day, add some more, but screw the mercury-rich-tuna. Go for free-range organic meats or add in some quinoa in the morning, some peanut butter or other nuts for snack, burrito with lots of beans, lentil soup, something like that.
    People on here will rip me because I am a vegan, who preaches not getting too much protein, but I studied nutrition for 2 years intensively, and that's why I became vegan, and I still get about 120 grams a day on a workout day and about 75 on a non-workout day.

http://mmajunkie.com/news/17627/broc...unkie.com+Feed)
    You dont want to end up like him because you think you need so much protein.

iLiRaM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iLiRaM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iLiRaM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iLiRaM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iLiRaM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iLiRaM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iLiRaM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iLiRaM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iLiRaM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iLiRaM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iLiRaM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by borlef View Post
    88 grams is completely fine on a non-workout day. Read any medical study and it will prove you definitely do not need more than that. If you work out hard on a particular day, add some more, but screw the mercury-rich-tuna. Go for free-range organic meats or add in some quinoa in the morning, some peanut butter or other nuts for snack, burrito with lots of beans, lentil soup, something like that.
    People on here will rip me because I am a vegan, who preaches not getting too much protein, but I studied nutrition for 2 years intensively, and that's why I became vegan, and I still get about 120 grams a day on a workout day and about 75 on a non-workout day.

http://mmajunkie.com/news/17627/broc...unkie.com+Feed)
    You dont want to end up like him because you think you need so much protein.
    lets see some of those pictures of your awesome physique you got from eating 88 grams of protein
    squeeze your glutes and press

Originally Posted by aussieangie View Post
    Just wondering where your fruit and veggies are?

Yes protein should be eaten at every meal, and there are some great sources around. Buy some chicken breasts in bulk, cook them up with seasoning and a little lemon, divide them per portion into a container and you are good to go for the week. Tuna tins are easy as well. I know here in australia we have tinned chicken and its really convenient.
    Nuts are a great source as well.

wow i didnt even think about veggies and fruit, i guess im really lacking in that department, dinner is usually some type of meat with 3-4 vegies

can you give a rough price on tinned chicken or chicken breasts? im assuming the breasts wouldnt be that cheap, but i could get them from discount meats for abit less i guess

Originally Posted by iLiRaM View Post
    lets see some of those pictures of your awesome physique you got from eating 88 grams of protein
    Buddy you should be a little bit more concerned with getting yourself into better shape. You have no muscle definition, and need to drop some fat. Get some cardio in there and start doing more reps.

Originally Posted by iLiRaM View Post
    Stooped low and posted a pic, satisfied?
    And if I'm not impressive enough for you than maybe Ricky Williams at 230 lbs at having the best years of his football career is.
    http://souljerky.com/_media/rickywilliamsbikini.jpg
    Oldest running back to rush for 1,000 yards in a season, eats a relatively low-protein vegan diet. Herschel Walker is still a monster and eats a low protein diet.

determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by borlef View Post
    Stooped low and posted a pic, satisfied?
    And if I'm not impressive enough for you than maybe Ricky Williams at 230 lbs at having the best years of his football career is.
    http://souljerky.com/_media/rickywilliamsbikini.jpg
    Oldest running back to rush for 1,000 yards in a season, eats a relatively low-protein vegan diet. Herschel Walker is still a monster and eats a low protein diet.
    first you rail against people eating high protein because they see brock lesnar and how jacked he is so they think it must be good...
    then advocate the same methodology to fit your your lower portein argument
    Founder of MMDELAD
    "Micros Matter Dont Eat Like A Dumba**" (hydrogenated oils, shortening, mono and di-glycerides don't fit in my macros)

Does Not Count Macros Crew

"Think in terms of limits and the result is limitation
    Think in terms of progress and the result is progression"

my day:http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=156294333

Training Philosophy to be strong: 1. Pick Weights up off the ground 2. Squat them 3. Push them over your head

Originally Posted by determined4000 View Post
    first you rail against people eating high protein because they see brock lesnar and how jacked he is so they think it must be good...
    then advocate the same methodology to fit your your lower portein argument
    Did I bring up anyone of those guys in my first posts? No I didn't. It was only until that guy wanted pics of me showing that I actually had a decent physique on such a diet, that I pointed out that not only I do, but others do too. And it highlights the fact that you don't NEED a high protein diet to look that way. People on here use their bro-science and post about the crazy amount of protein and/or meat-based protein you need to be jacked up, and it takes one look at a guy like Ricky Williams or Randy Couture to dis-spell that myth.
    I'm not taking Randy Couture or Ricky Williams and saying, this is their diet, so obviously this is the diet you need to have in order to be jacked. I'm taking them and saying they don't have the diet everyone says you need to be jacked, but they still are, so they are proof that you don't need to do that, that there are many ways to eat and be a sick physical specimen, so everyone should be focusing more on the real science, rather than avatars and pics of athletes and using the bro-science to come to conclusions that science doesn't agree with.