Wife Beater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Wife Beater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Wife Beater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Wife Beater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Wife Beater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Wife Beater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Wife Beater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Wife Beater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Wife Beater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Wife Beater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Wife Beater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Is it okay to work out body parts twice per week?

^^ Title

Can I for example have a 3 day cycle from Sunday to Tuesday, take a break on Wednesday, and repeat from Thursday-Saturday?

Will this be overworking the muscles too much? It usually only takes about 3 days for the soreness to be gone completely.

Miketoc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Miketoc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Miketoc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Miketoc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Miketoc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Miketoc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Miketoc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Miketoc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Miketoc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Miketoc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Miketoc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Yes

TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Miketoc View Post
    Yes
    Yes
    *No Crew*

IH8CARDIO will become famous soon enough. (+50) IH8CARDIO will become famous soon enough. (+50) IH8CARDIO will become famous soon enough. (+50) IH8CARDIO will become famous soon enough. (+50) IH8CARDIO will become famous soon enough. (+50) IH8CARDIO will become famous soon enough. (+50) IH8CARDIO will become famous soon enough. (+50) IH8CARDIO will become famous soon enough. (+50) IH8CARDIO will become famous soon enough. (+50) IH8CARDIO will become famous soon enough. (+50) IH8CARDIO will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    It depends on what you're doing in the gym, your diet, goals, etc. So, need more info. But for what it's worth (if anything) I've trained bodyparts once per week, twice per week, and at times three times per week in the past, all with success.

xchuiix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xchuiix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xchuiix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xchuiix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xchuiix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xchuiix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xchuiix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xchuiix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xchuiix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xchuiix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xchuiix has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by IH8CARDIO View Post
    It depends on what you're doing in the gym, your diet, goals, etc. So, need more info. But for what it's worth (if anything) I've trained bodyparts once per week, twice per week, and at times three times per week in the past, all with success.
    Also depends on how much rest you´re giving to your body, i say go for it and listen to your body.
    Remeber that large muscles like chest, back, legs, etc... take more that 3 days to recover completely.

twinklefairy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) twinklefairy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) twinklefairy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) twinklefairy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) twinklefairy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) twinklefairy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) twinklefairy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) twinklefairy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) twinklefairy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) twinklefairy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) twinklefairy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I've personally had the best results from training this way.

After a few weeks of it I was worn down, and a little weeker but I just toughed through it and finally made decent progress.

This was after I tried other approaches with little to no progress

Currently I always add a rest day between (edit: rest day between cycles) which I recommend adding after a while if not from the start. Another tip is to avoid training to gut-busting-borderline-hernia failure on every single set.

You will need a lot of motivation some mental strength at first but you will get used to it. Don't be afraid to really blast it out of fear of overtraining, which is what everyone will try and get you to believe you are doing.

Truth is it may not even work for you, but don't be afraid to try it

bertstare201 is just really nice. (+1000) bertstare201 is just really nice. (+1000) bertstare201 is just really nice. (+1000) bertstare201 is just really nice. (+1000) bertstare201 is just really nice. (+1000) bertstare201 is just really nice. (+1000) bertstare201 is just really nice. (+1000) bertstare201 is just really nice. (+1000) bertstare201 is just really nice. (+1000) bertstare201 is just really nice. (+1000) bertstare201 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Wife Beater View Post
    ^^ Title

Can I for example have a 3 day cycle from Sunday to Tuesday, take a break on Wednesday, and repeat from Thursday-Saturday?

Will this be overworking the muscles too much? It usually only takes about 3 days for the soreness to be gone completely.

I train same body part Mon, Wed, Fri and it's success...you body parts need 48 hrs to rest and grow...so as long as you are skipping a day after working any body part .. you are good to go

jkrokk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jkrokk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jkrokk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jkrokk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jkrokk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jkrokk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jkrokk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jkrokk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jkrokk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jkrokk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jkrokk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    lol lee priest goes to the gym straight for 3 weeks time..

MetalPulse has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MetalPulse has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MetalPulse has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MetalPulse has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MetalPulse has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MetalPulse has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MetalPulse has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MetalPulse has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MetalPulse has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MetalPulse has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MetalPulse has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I like to train my body parts twice a week. It works for me, ideally you want anywhere from at least 48 to 72 hours of rest in between body parts. I like training Monday, Tuesday, then rest on Wednesday. Then start again on Thursday and Friday, then rest for 2 days. In total I rest 3 days a week.

Da-Risin-Smoke is on a distinguished road. (+10) Da-Risin-Smoke is on a distinguished road. (+10) Da-Risin-Smoke is on a distinguished road. (+10) Da-Risin-Smoke is on a distinguished road. (+10) Da-Risin-Smoke is on a distinguished road. (+10) Da-Risin-Smoke is on a distinguished road. (+10) Da-Risin-Smoke is on a distinguished road. (+10) Da-Risin-Smoke is on a distinguished road. (+10) Da-Risin-Smoke is on a distinguished road. (+10) Da-Risin-Smoke is on a distinguished road. (+10) Da-Risin-Smoke is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by harisharma50 View Post
    I train same body part Mon, Wed, Fri and it's success...you body parts need 48 hrs to rest and grow...so as long as you are skipping a day after working any body part .. you are good to go
    o rly?

I do:
    m: chest, triceps
    t: biceps, back
    w: legs, abs, shoulders
    th: rest
    f: chest, triceps
    s: legs, abs, shoulders
    su: rest

Is that bad? Or should I space it like you should? Help?
    Practice takes patience, but patience takes practice.
    -Me

Come at me, brah!

samsha22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I take a day off after 2 days of workout

AKheavyhitter is just really nice. (+1000) AKheavyhitter is just really nice. (+1000) AKheavyhitter is just really nice. (+1000) AKheavyhitter is just really nice. (+1000) AKheavyhitter is just really nice. (+1000) AKheavyhitter is just really nice. (+1000) AKheavyhitter is just really nice. (+1000) AKheavyhitter is just really nice. (+1000) AKheavyhitter is just really nice. (+1000) AKheavyhitter is just really nice. (+1000) AKheavyhitter is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Da-Risin-Smoke View Post
    o rly?

I do:
    m: chest, triceps
    w: legs, abs, shoulders
    th: rest
    f: chest, triceps
    s: legs, abs, shoulders
    su: rest

Is that bad? Or should I space it like you should? Help?
    lol WOW!!! I never knew there were 8 days in the week!!! What have i been missing out on!?!
    Www.NewMethodFitness.com - Putting the personal back in Online Personal Training

Try our State-Of-The-Art Mobile Application!

sircharles032 is a name known to all. (+5000) sircharles032 is a name known to all. (+5000) sircharles032 is a name known to all. (+5000) sircharles032 is a name known to all. (+5000) sircharles032 is a name known to all. (+5000) sircharles032 is a name known to all. (+5000) sircharles032 is a name known to all. (+5000) sircharles032 is a name known to all. (+5000) sircharles032 is a name known to all. (+5000) sircharles032 is a name known to all. (+5000) sircharles032 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I've tried this for the past 3 or so months and I've gained both a little bit of strength and a little bit of size. Basically I made a 2 day split that worked for me and did it twice a week.

Example:

Monday - Chest/Tris/Shoulders (Usually lead off with Heavy BB bench followed by DB Incline and DB/BB Military Press plus what ever other supplemental lifts I feel like afterwards)

Tuesday - OFF (I usually play basketball on these nights)

Wednesday - Back/Bi/Legs (Heavy BB or TBar Rows (or deads if I want to feel like ****)to start this one followed by Squats/Leg Presses etc.)

Thursday - OFF (Basketball again maybe)

Friday - Chest/Tri/Shoulders (If I do Heavy flat on Monday I'll start off with heavy Incline or Military here etc.)

Saturday - Back/Bis/Legs (Begin here with Legs if I began with back last leg day)

Sunday - OFF

This setup has worked for me, I just found that I really had to focus on eating better since I wasn't getting as much rest time between bodyparts as I was before (But I'm still getting plenty enough). One thing that you'll have to manage though is your amount of sets that you do per workout. For example if on a 4 day split I'd hit my chest with 15-18 total sets I'll probably only do about 10 sets now that I'm doing it twice a week. I had to cut the volume some but I think that it's also increased the intensity of my workouts.

I say give it a shot!