marcellius27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) marcellius27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) marcellius27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) marcellius27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) marcellius27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) marcellius27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) marcellius27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) marcellius27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) marcellius27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) marcellius27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) marcellius27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Did I workout properly (soreness)

I'm a newb to the weight lifting games. But you know I don't know if I'm doing it right.

I went to the gym. I beat the heck out of my legs with squats and leg extensions. I know I worked till failure because I was struggling on sets, and my quads where hurting. When I walk down stairs, it hurt so much. Heres my problem....it's been 3 hours since the beating...and I am able to run up and down stairs like nothing happened? But I still feel a lil "glow or pulse" in my legs if that makes sense. Did I really workout my muscles? Will my quads grow at all? Am I suppose to be sore for like a day or 2 instead of tight and weak for a couple hours?

dbieon12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by marcellius27 View Post
    I'm a newb to the weight lifting games. But you know I don't know if I'm doing it right.

I went to the gym. I beat the heck out of my legs with squats and leg extensions. I know I worked till failure because I was struggling on sets, and my quads where hurting. When I walk down stairs, it hurt so much. Heres my problem....it's been 3 hours since the beating...and I am able to run up and down stairs like nothing happened? But I still feel a lil "glow or pulse" in my legs if that makes sense. Did I really workout my muscles? Will my quads grow at all? Am I suppose to be sore for like a day or 2 instead of tight and weak for a couple hours?
    Sounds like you did.

For me soreness doesn't truly set in for 10-15 hours.

Squats, the day after blow because my quads are toast.

Num3n has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Num3n has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Num3n has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Num3n has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Num3n has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Num3n has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Num3n has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Num3n has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Num3n has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Num3n has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Num3n has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    everyone is different, usually if i get a good beating in my legs feel a little bit weak for the rest of the day then for the next couple days my legs ache. usually my ass most of all for some reason lol.... usually the next morning i sit in the shower to rest my legs and massage them into life but it always hurts to sit. im pretty sure leg press kills my glutes lol
    Think you of the fact that a deaf person cannot hear. Then what deafness may we not all possess? ~ Dune

We need a new ideology with the core values of reason, honesty, science and secular progress over the older traditions of religion, superstition and dogmatic faith that have long defined humanity. We will never be free to progress and advance until the last stone from the last church is cast down onto the last priest. And every equivalent.

pyro1284 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pyro1284 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pyro1284 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pyro1284 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pyro1284 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pyro1284 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pyro1284 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pyro1284 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pyro1284 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pyro1284 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pyro1284 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Your a New-b and your working to failure? you have alot of reading to do.....search button is your best friend,,,,

Num3n has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Num3n has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Num3n has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Num3n has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Num3n has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Num3n has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Num3n has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Num3n has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Num3n has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Num3n has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Num3n has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by pyro1284 View Post
    Your a New-b and your working to failure? you have alot of reading to do.....search button is your best friend,,,,
    whats wrong with working out to failure... :\ ?
    Think you of the fact that a deaf person cannot hear. Then what deafness may we not all possess? ~ Dune

We need a new ideology with the core values of reason, honesty, science and secular progress over the older traditions of religion, superstition and dogmatic faith that have long defined humanity. We will never be free to progress and advance until the last stone from the last church is cast down onto the last priest. And every equivalent.

Technium has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Technium has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Technium has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Technium has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Technium has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Technium has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Technium has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Technium has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Technium has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Technium has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Technium has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Absolutely nothing wrong with going to failure, as long as he doesn't hurt himself or sacrifice form.

DOMS. they will attack you tomorrow.

overajo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) overajo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) overajo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) overajo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) overajo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) overajo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) overajo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) overajo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) overajo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) overajo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) overajo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by Num3n View Post
    Cliffs: Working out to failure fails.

dbieon12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Technium View Post
    Absolutely nothing wrong with going to failure, as long as he doesn't hurt himself or sacrifice form.

DOMS. they will attack you tomorrow.
    I remember the first time I did squats, or any quad/hamstring work, in a long time and the next 3-4 days my legs were on fire.

pyro1284 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pyro1284 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pyro1284 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pyro1284 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pyro1284 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pyro1284 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pyro1284 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pyro1284 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pyro1284 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pyro1284 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pyro1284 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Num3n View Post
    Did you workout to failure when you first started working out? You never want to workout to failure when your NEW like he stated, unless you want DOMS for 2 weeks straight...

kevsworld will become famous soon enough. (+50) kevsworld will become famous soon enough. (+50) kevsworld will become famous soon enough. (+50) kevsworld will become famous soon enough. (+50) kevsworld will become famous soon enough. (+50) kevsworld will become famous soon enough. (+50) kevsworld will become famous soon enough. (+50) kevsworld will become famous soon enough. (+50) kevsworld will become famous soon enough. (+50) kevsworld will become famous soon enough. (+50) kevsworld will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    The point is to get bigger and stronger, not sorer. Muscle soreness is a byproduct that happens when you train--sometimes more and sometimes less. Don't use soreness as a gauge for training effectiveness.

facer01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) facer01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    working out to failure could be a good or bad thing. if your new to working out i wouldnt suggest it as your muscles are not use to the added stress and will be sore for a long period of time leaving you practically unable to work out for a good 4-5 days.
    hense why people dont do drop sets more then once a month or how ever long, its cause there then unable to work out until the soreness goes away. it would be alot better to get into working out slowly and allow your muscles to cope with the stress,

annnddd the pain could also be due to the way you warmed down, if you dont warm down properly your going to be 5 times sorer than if you warm down properly.

iCookie is not very helpful. (-500) iCookie is not very helpful. (-500) iCookie is not very helpful. (-500) iCookie is not very helpful. (-500) iCookie is not very helpful. (-500) iCookie is not very helpful. (-500) iCookie is not very helpful. (-500) iCookie is not very helpful. (-500) iCookie is not very helpful. (-500) iCookie is not very helpful. (-500) iCookie is not very helpful. (-500)
    If you do 5-10 reps and hit failure it's okay.

If you do like 300 reps and then hit failure, don't expect to gain any muscle.

marcellius27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) marcellius27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) marcellius27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) marcellius27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) marcellius27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) marcellius27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) marcellius27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) marcellius27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) marcellius27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) marcellius27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) marcellius27 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    well im trying to not use soreness as the judgement of my workout lol. I did my chest today. Worked it till failure ( or until after a few sets I needed a guy to basically save my life.) I was sore like hell...then now...I don't feel a thing. I'm just praying that I will make muscle gains.

Technium has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Technium has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Technium has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Technium has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Technium has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Technium has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Technium has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Technium has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Technium has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Technium has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Technium has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Same here.
    When I do legs/back I feel it for days on end, but when I do chest (till I'm totally dead, can't lift another weight) It hurts for like 30 minutes, then, I feel fine. No DOMS either. Weird thing is, I don't make big gains on my chest, only my lower body. No matter how hard I assult my chest.

like I'm so lost. I assualt everybody part...pain goes away in like 2 hours..it's like im not working hard enough. The assault cant even be called an assault.