Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    dontjudgeme has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dontjudgeme has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dontjudgeme has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dontjudgeme has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dontjudgeme has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dontjudgeme has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dontjudgeme has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dontjudgeme has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dontjudgeme has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Do I need Protein in the Morning?

I was wondering, do I need to eat protein in the moring with breakfast and if so how much? Also, wouldn't the protein just get burned up when I go and workout with free weights? Should I just take a scoop of whey, or should it be some real food like eggs, or bacon or something?

My normal routine right now is I get up and always eat 2 cups of Oatmeal. I also sometimes add some grapefruit and or an English muffin, but not always, and I have a cup of coffee. Then I go and workout with weights for a good hour five times a week. Also, in case this is relevent, I'm bulking and I do eat lot's of protein throughout the day as well as a cup of Cottage Cheese before bed.

Any info would be great. Thanks.

gekkoboy14 is just really nice. (+1000) gekkoboy14 is just really nice. (+1000) gekkoboy14 is just really nice. (+1000) gekkoboy14 is just really nice. (+1000) gekkoboy14 is just really nice. (+1000) gekkoboy14 is just really nice. (+1000) gekkoboy14 is just really nice. (+1000) gekkoboy14 is just really nice. (+1000) gekkoboy14 is just really nice. (+1000) gekkoboy14 is just really nice. (+1000) gekkoboy14 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by dontjudgeme View Post
    I was wondering, do I need to eat protein in the moring with breakfast and if so how much? Also, wouldn't the protein just get burned up when I go and workout with free weights? Should I just take a scoop of whey, or should it be some real food like eggs, or bacon or something?

My normal routine right now is I get up and always eat 2 cups of Oatmeal. I also sometimes add some grapefruit and or an English muffin, but not always, and I have a cup of coffee. Then I go and workout with weights for a good hour five times a week. Also, in case this is relevent, I'm bulking and I do eat lot's of protein throughout the day as well as a cup of Cottage Cheese before bed.

1. sure
    2. protein is a poor energy source.
    3. whole foods> shake
    Owner of Rapid Transformation Training LLC
    Transform your Mind, Body and Life

www.rapidtransformationtraining.com

timhet is a jewel in the rough. (+500) timhet is a jewel in the rough. (+500) timhet is a jewel in the rough. (+500) timhet is a jewel in the rough. (+500) timhet is a jewel in the rough. (+500) timhet is a jewel in the rough. (+500) timhet is a jewel in the rough. (+500) timhet is a jewel in the rough. (+500) timhet is a jewel in the rough. (+500) timhet is a jewel in the rough. (+500) timhet is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I don't think protein in the morning before a workout is necessary. If I workout in the morning, I usually only eat something really small just to take my hunger away.

The only important thing is reaching your macros by the end of the day.

madadi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) madadi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) madadi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) madadi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) madadi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) madadi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) madadi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) madadi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) madadi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) madadi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) madadi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    if you workout in the morning, sure protein is important before and after working out but i workout in the evening. just eating some oatmeal in the morning is good enough for an energy boost throughout the morning hours. i wake up around 5 and i don't eat a serious protein source till around 9am or so.
    Last edited by madadi; 12-14-2009 at 11:35 PM.

hellawaits77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hellawaits77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hellawaits77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hellawaits77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hellawaits77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hellawaits77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hellawaits77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hellawaits77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hellawaits77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hellawaits77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hellawaits77 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Why would you NOT need protein in the morning? Your body just fasted for 8 hours (or however long you slept). If you throw your workout in on top of that, that's a LONG time w/o protein. You NEED protein in the AM. If not, you run the risk of becoming catabolic.

Exdee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Exdee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Exdee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Exdee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Exdee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Exdee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Exdee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Exdee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Exdee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Exdee has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Exdee has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    45m-1hr before workout I take a protein shake, or protein youghurt+cheese.

Might be in my head but if I can't take protein before my workout I can't push out as much reps.
    “Compound interest is the eighth wonder of the world. He who understands it, earns it ... he who doesn't ... pays it.”

-Albert Einstein

armydude1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) armydude1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) armydude1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) armydude1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) armydude1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) armydude1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) armydude1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) armydude1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) armydude1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) armydude1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) armydude1 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by hellawaits77 View Post
    Why would you NOT need protein in the morning? Your body just fasted for 8 hours (or however long you slept). If you throw your workout in on top of that, that's a LONG time w/o protein. You NEED protein in the AM. If not, you run the risk of becoming catabolic.
    THIS!!! Your body has just gone all night with no protein, even if you took casein before bed, if you slept a full night, you need more! Try to keep a constant supply of protein in your bloodstream. You should try to get 30-50g every few hours. If you dont like to eat in the morning, grab some boost from your local walmart, and chug 2 in da morning. They are very healthy, and full of vitamins and minerals. That is an easy 30grams of protein, 66g of carbs, and 480 calories.
    Everytime you do partial squats, Jesus kills a kitten...

"When in doubt, deadlift and eat MOAR, you puss!" -Jesus; 8 time Mr. Universe 0024 A.D. - 0031 A.D.

snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by timhet View Post
    I don't think protein in the morning before a workout is necessary.
    It is if you want to maximize protein synthesis.

franklinc3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I also workout in the morning and you need that extra kick to fuel your muscles. I wake up at 5 and the first think I take is 10 grams of Powder Arginine and 4 grams of BCAA's.

Next I make a great Cinnamon Apple Protein shake which taste great as well a s fuels you

1 scoop Vanilla Protein or the equivalent of 20 grams
    2 cups water
    1 cup unsweetened apple sauce
    Dash of Cinnamon

Blend until smooth

The protein helps prevent muscle breakdown and the applesauce is a good clean carb to stop your body from the muscle cannibalizing its been doing all night.

If you need a little more kick take 500 mg of caffine or just stay with the black coffee but the 2 flavors together maybe gross!!!

Enjoy!!!
    THE MOTIVATION FOR ME IS THEM TELLING ME WHAT I COULD NOT BE.... OH WELL

Location: Salisbury, Wiltshire, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    Aeries will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aeries will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aeries will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aeries will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aeries will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aeries will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aeries will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aeries will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aeries will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aeries will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aeries will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Protein is only used as an energy source when muscle protein is being broken down. Dietary protein doesn't get used for energy.

I would recommend eating protein throughout the day with carbs and fats.

Location: Salisbury, Wiltshire, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    Aeries will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aeries will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aeries will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aeries will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aeries will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aeries will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aeries will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aeries will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aeries will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aeries will become famous soon enough. (+50) Aeries will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    For breakfast I have a bowl of musli and a scoop of protein powder. After working out I'd have lunch. Then about 2 hours later I'd have another shake. A few hours later I'd have dinner and another couple of hours later I'd have another shake with a sandwich or something.

Over 100 grams of protein during the day. I've only recently started doing this. If I'd started sooner I'd be alot bigger by now. I have plenty of carbs and fats throughout the day too.

armydude1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) armydude1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) armydude1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) armydude1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) armydude1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) armydude1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) armydude1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) armydude1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) armydude1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) armydude1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) armydude1 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Aeries View Post
    For breakfast I have a bowl of musli and a scoop of protein powder. After working out I'd have lunch. Then about 2 hours later I'd have another shake. A few hours later I'd have dinner and another couple of hours later I'd have another shake with a sandwich or something.

Over 100 grams of protein during the day. I've only recently started doing this. If I'd started sooner I'd be alot bigger by now. I have plenty of carbs and fats throughout the day too.
    oh man, if I had a dollar for every time I thought to myself, "GOD! IF ONLY I HAD PULLED MY HEAD OUT OF MY ASS 4 YEARS AGO AND DONE SOME RESEARCH!" I wouldn't have to work and I could spend all of my time working out and playing paintball. I busted my ass for seriously about 4 years with no gains because I wasnt eating enough, and wasnt even eating good. 4 YEARS WASTED!

"When in doubt, deadlift and eat MOAR, you puss!" -Jesus; 8 time Mr. Universe 0024 A.D. - 0031 A.D.

dontjudgeme has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dontjudgeme has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dontjudgeme has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dontjudgeme has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dontjudgeme has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dontjudgeme has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dontjudgeme has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dontjudgeme has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dontjudgeme has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks for all of your responses. I've decided that I might as well eat a good 35-40g of protein with what ever else I have for breakfast each morning from now on. I figure it can only help and in no way hurt me. I also agree that after a nights sleep, my body really does need it, and I guess who cares if I do just burn a lot of it up working out anyway. Once again thanks.

SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Protein in the morning is far from needed. Before a workout is a different story.

Originally Posted by SwiftyX View Post
    Protein in the morning is far from needed. Before a workout is a different story.
    .......if this forum had a :facepalm: i'd use it here.

clorox_me is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) clorox_me is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) clorox_me is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) clorox_me is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) clorox_me is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) clorox_me is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) clorox_me is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) clorox_me is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) clorox_me is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) clorox_me is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) clorox_me is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by timhet View Post
    I don't think protein in the morning before a workout is necessary. If I workout in the morning, I usually only eat something really small just to take my hunger away.

The only important thing is reaching your macros by the end of the day.
    i agree

SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SwiftyX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by armydude1 View Post
    .......if this forum had a :facepalm: i'd use it here.
    Oh I'm sorry. Bro you totally need protien 5.348 seconds after waking up of you go straight catabolic and your muscle fall off......better?

Do some research. Protien before a workout to take full advantage of protien synithesis. Other than that you don't need to eat protien...or anything in the morning if you choose not too. Your entire day matters, not one meal.

rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rhizome has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Aeries View Post
    Protein is only used as an energy source when muscle protein is being broken down. Dietary protein doesn't get used for energy.

I would recommend eating protein throughout the day with carbs and fats.
    Wrong. Dietary protein does kid. The aminos are oxidized in the liver, transaminated and the carbon skeletons are thrown into gluconeogenesis.

FinsWin is on a distinguished road. (+10) FinsWin is on a distinguished road. (+10) FinsWin is on a distinguished road. (+10) FinsWin is on a distinguished road. (+10) FinsWin is on a distinguished road. (+10) FinsWin is on a distinguished road. (+10) FinsWin is on a distinguished road. (+10) FinsWin is on a distinguished road. (+10) FinsWin is on a distinguished road. (+10) FinsWin is on a distinguished road. (+10) FinsWin is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Oh I'm sorry. Bro you totally need protien 5.348 seconds after waking up of you go straight catabolic and your muscle fall off......better?

Do some research. Protien before a workout to take full advantage of protien synithesis. Other than that you don't need to eat protien...or anything in the morning if you choose not too. Your entire day matters, not one meal.
    He had already clarified that he worked out in the morning. Which you must have skipped reading.

yea, no **** protein pre and postwo, well known as the most important times, you dont have to be a guru to know that. As for protein in the morning, its also well known and established that unless you down the casein before bed, you are spent on protein and it does nothing but benifit you to take protein in the morning when you wake up. I could understand if I said something inaccurate or straight false, but where I supported an opinion, completely founded and backed by facts, I see no reason for you to have given me neg reps. SO neg reps back at ya (edit: as soon as im recharged) (not that my amazing rep power will phase you) for thinking your way is the only way. Obviously a few hours without wont make you lose 3lbs, but its undeniably better to take protein in the morning, than not to take it at all. kthxbai

kbiz26 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kbiz26 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kbiz26 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kbiz26 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kbiz26 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kbiz26 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kbiz26 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kbiz26 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kbiz26 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kbiz26 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kbiz26 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Thumbs up

drink protein.... it can't hurt anything other than your wallet and the toliet
    Get BIG or DIE trying!!

Registered User gympumpinjunkie's Avatar
    gympumpinjunkie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gympumpinjunkie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gympumpinjunkie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gympumpinjunkie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gympumpinjunkie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gympumpinjunkie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gympumpinjunkie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gympumpinjunkie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gympumpinjunkie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gympumpinjunkie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gympumpinjunkie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I dont know why people take protein b4 a workout especially protein of animal base origin as protein needs to be broken down into its amino acids and digestion of proteins uses a lot of energy in the digestion process, I would rather save my energy for my workout and when you hit the gym anyway your digestion will be slowed as the blood is diverted to the muscles to lift the weights. I guess this concept must have came from the industry promoting these protein supplements to make the consumer consume more inturn spend more its a false belief system in my book. And bacon is absolutely not "real food" it will send you to your grave quicker. Fresh veggie juices will give you energy for your workout and add circulating amino acids to your amino acid pool to repair muscle tissue

You make a valid point. But how much of a difference in engery is experience. It may differ from person to person, but myself, I see no difference. Even if it did, my trusty prewo's got my back, haha. In either case, personally I feel I experience a bit more endurance after taking a small shake 30mins prior, but I only notice if I dont take a prewo, which doesnt happen that often.

snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by gympumpinjunkie View Post
    I dont know why people take protein b4 a workout especially protein of animal base origin as protein needs to be broken down into its amino acids and digestion of proteins uses a lot of energy in the digestion process, I would rather save my energy for my workout and when you hit the gym anyway your digestion will be slowed as the blood is diverted to the muscles to lift the weights. I guess this concept must have came from the industry promoting these protein supplements to make the consumer consume more inturn spend more its a false belief system in my book. And bacon is absolutely not "real food" it will send you to your grave quicker. Fresh veggie juices will give you energy for your workout and add circulating amino acids to your amino acid pool to repair muscle tissue
    I'm not sure if you are advocating using BCAAs rather than protein-bound aminos pre-workout, or whether you are suggesting doing a morning workout session with neither aminos nor protein. The latter concept seems utterly foolish given the issue I raised above, so I will assume that you are suggesting that one take BCAAs rather than protien as soon as you wake up for pre-workout when working out first thing in the morning. If that's your position, do you have anything to support your apparent position that taking free form aminos pre-workout after an overnight fast provide more energy during your workout over protein-bound aminos?

I cannot fathom that you are actually suggesting obtaining aminos from fruit juice???

yea, no **** protein pre and postwo, well known as the most important times, you dont have to be a guru to know that. As for protein in the morning, its also well known and established that unless you down the casein before bed, you are spent on protein and it does nothing but benifit you to take protein in the morning when you wake up. I could understand if I said something inaccurate or straight false, but where I supported an opinion, completely founded and backed by facts, I see no reason for you to have given me neg reps. SO neg reps back at ya (edit: as soon as im recharged) (not that my amazing rep power will phase you) for thinking your way is the only way. Obviously a few hours without wont make you lose 3lbs, but its undeniably better to take protein in the morning, than not to take it at all. kthxbai
    Completely founded and backed by facts huh? Might want to check your "facts".

Registered User gympumpinjunkie's Avatar
    gympumpinjunkie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gympumpinjunkie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gympumpinjunkie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gympumpinjunkie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gympumpinjunkie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gympumpinjunkie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gympumpinjunkie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gympumpinjunkie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gympumpinjunkie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gympumpinjunkie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gympumpinjunkie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by snorkelman View Post
    I'm not sure if you are advocating using BCAAs rather than protein-bound aminos pre-workout, or whether you are suggesting doing a morning workout session with neither aminos nor protein. The latter concept seems utterly foolish given the issue I raised above, so I will assume that you are suggesting that one take BCAAs rather than protien as soon as you wake up for pre-workout when working out first thing in the morning. If that's your position, do you have anything to support your apparent position that taking free form aminos pre-workout after an overnight fast provide more energy during your workout over protein-bound aminos?

I cannot fathom that you are actually suggesting obtaining aminos from fruit juice???
    No not suggesting aminos pre workout, dont think it is need pre workout and veggie juices if anything preworkout not fruit juices . It works for me more energy and fast gains and way more energy. than the standed western diet of meat and dairy as the bulk of some peoples diets that just = diseass and problems

feelin like im lookin ;) MrMetabolism's Avatar
    MrMetabolism is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrMetabolism is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrMetabolism is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrMetabolism is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrMetabolism is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrMetabolism is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrMetabolism is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrMetabolism is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrMetabolism is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrMetabolism is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MrMetabolism is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    you definitely need protein in your first meal of the day

Completely founded and backed by facts huh? Might want to check your "facts".
    Are you insinuating that injesting protein in the morning would be detrimental to your gains? That it would be 'bad'? I cant believe what you are saying, lol. Maybe I'm not the one who needs to check the facts maybe you need to finish reading whatever it was that you skimmed through.

Its simple. The average person sleeps about 8 hours. Some people are lucky enough to be able to sleep more. Many people do not take casein before bed, and even if they do, their blood/protein levels are lower than desired (based on an optimal anabolic environment) and in order to maintain a constant anabolic environment, one requirement is sufficient protein saturation. This is most important to people who do not take casein.

As I previously stated, your body wont catabolize 10lbs if you wait a few more hours, but my point is it cant hurt anything. It can only help, and the benifits of it are well known. Im not saying its gotta be whey, I use whey because I dont have time in the morning for breakfast. I throw a yogurt in with it and get on my way. Many people ingest their protein by means of eggs with their breakfast.

EDIT: you said before that your entire day is what matters. This makes no sense. After you workout, your body will be in a constant repair state until the respective muscles have recovered. So, according to your logic, if I consume 300grams of protein within half an hour of my workout, my daily protein intake will be fullfilled and the 300grams will carry me till the next day?? I cant even begin to describe how mislead you are. Your body cant even utilize such amounts of protein, which is why we split up our intake throughout the day, to amount in total, (what ever your target is). Your proteins are digested and circulated, absorbed and utilized to build and repair you muscles. Much is wasted (at least more than we'd like) and after a few hours (2-3) more is needed (to maintain optimal anabolism). That is what this is all about. Maintaining the best possible conditions for you body to grow as fast and as quickly as possible, and skimping will only slow your potential progress. Maybe you are progressing just fine, maybe you are blessed with good genes, but imagine that by maximizing your blood/protein levels and maintaining them throughout any given time of the day you could speed up your progress even just slightly. How could you be against this principle? Not only against it, but neg someone for even stating it.
    Last edited by armydude1; 12-17-2009 at 05:44 AM.

thc sargon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thc sargon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thc sargon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thc sargon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thc sargon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thc sargon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thc sargon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thc sargon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thc sargon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thc sargon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thc sargon is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by dontjudgeme View Post

i am doing my rotations now for m.d and i prescribe protein in the morning to a lot of people like eggs because it helps their mood a lot in some people who doesn't eat protein throughout the day gets tired easily to but that shouldn't be you. on final note i believe it is necessary for you to eat protein in the morning it is the base for your whole day

Are you insinuating that injesting protein in the morning would be detrimental to your gains? That it would be 'bad'? I cant believe what you are saying, lol. Maybe I'm not the one who needs to check the facts maybe you need to finish reading whatever it was that you skimmed through.

Its simple. The average person sleeps about 8 hours. Some people are lucky enough to be able to sleep more. Many people do not take casein before bed, and even if they do, their blood/protein levels are lower than desired (based on an optimal anabolic environment) and in order to maintain a constant anabolic environment, one requirement is sufficient protein saturation. This is most important to people who do not take casein.

As I previously stated, your body wont catabolize 10lbs if you wait a few more hours, but my point is it cant hurt anything. It can only help, and the benifits of it are well known. Im not saying its gotta be whey, I use whey because I dont have time in the morning for breakfast. I throw a yogurt in with it and get on my way. Many people ingest their protein by means of eggs with their breakfast.

EDIT: you said before that your entire day is what matters. This makes no sense. After you workout, your body will be in a constant repair state until the respective muscles have recovered. So, according to your logic, if I consume 300grams of protein within half an hour of my workout, my daily protein intake will be fullfilled and the 300grams will carry me till the next day?? I cant even begin to describe how mislead you are. Your body cant even utilize such amounts of protein, which is why we split up our intake throughout the day, to amount in total, (what ever your target is). Your proteins are digested and circulated, absorbed and utilized to build and repair you muscles. Much is wasted (at least more than we'd like) and after a few hours (2-3) more is needed (to maintain optimal anabolism). That is what this is all about. Maintaining the best possible conditions for you body to grow as fast and as quickly as possible, and skimping will only slow your potential progress. Maybe you are progressing just fine, maybe you are blessed with good genes, but imagine that by maximizing your blood/protein levels and maintaining them throughout any given time of the day you could speed up your progress even just slightly. How could you be against this principle? Not only against it, but neg someone for even stating it.
    Why does intermittant fasting work? It spares muscle just as well as anything else. Again, check your facts, don't just fall back on your overwealming supply of bro knowledge.