buykrux is not very well liked. (-100) buykrux is not very well liked. (-100) buykrux is not very well liked. (-100) buykrux is not very well liked. (-100) buykrux is not very well liked. (-100) buykrux is not very well liked. (-100) buykrux is not very well liked. (-100) buykrux is not very well liked. (-100) buykrux is not very well liked. (-100) buykrux is not very well liked. (-100) buykrux is not very well liked. (-100)

how much is too much?

ooking to cut to 190ish
    diet is all laid out but idiot me deleted it after i printed it
    big question is how much cardio is too much? if im on the ball on my eating is the following going to be too much and cause a catabolism with my muscles or "eat them up"?

my workout is 4-5 sets, 10 reps a piece, the same workout i had for a bulk just increased reps
    every week it differs, mostly compound exercises and every 3rd week is supersets
    abs get worked twice a week

monday - shoulders
    tuesday - chest
    wednesday - arms
    thursday - legs
    friday - back

protein shake 2-3 times a day, and either a bar or shake post workout with water

cardio is generally 30 to 45 min and one of the following after a workout
    1. walking at 3.5 on a 3* incline
    2. walking at 3.5 and ever 1min increase incline 1* until reach 15, back to 0 and start over
    3. running at 8.5 for 30sec and walking at 3.5 for 130

YoMaMa84 is a name known to all. (+5000) YoMaMa84 is a name known to all. (+5000) YoMaMa84 is a name known to all. (+5000) YoMaMa84 is a name known to all. (+5000) YoMaMa84 is a name known to all. (+5000) YoMaMa84 is a name known to all. (+5000) YoMaMa84 is a name known to all. (+5000) YoMaMa84 is a name known to all. (+5000) YoMaMa84 is a name known to all. (+5000) YoMaMa84 is a name known to all. (+5000) YoMaMa84 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Why do you need a day just for arms? I mean is it as big as legs or back?
    I never get that. You could do all that in 4 days instead of 5 days and then have a day dedicated just to cardio. IMO
    PSN: yomama84

I can't haz cheezeburger.....I is cuttin.

buykrux is not very well liked. (-100) buykrux is not very well liked. (-100) buykrux is not very well liked. (-100) buykrux is not very well liked. (-100) buykrux is not very well liked. (-100) buykrux is not very well liked. (-100) buykrux is not very well liked. (-100) buykrux is not very well liked. (-100) buykrux is not very well liked. (-100) buykrux is not very well liked. (-100) buykrux is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by YoMaMa84 View Post
    Why do you need a day just for arms? I mean is it as big as legs or back?
    I never get that. You could do all that in 4 days instead of 5 days and then have a day dedicated just to cardio. IMO
    or keep it how it is and do the cardio after each workout
    your post is completely irrelevant to the question
    after 5 solid sets of back do you think i want to slam out 2 or 3 sets for bis?
    back workout does do bis, but minimally
    you never get the same feeling in the bi's from a back workout as you do a dedicated arm workout
    the question isn't regarding the workout, its regarding the cardio
    the bulk was specifically designed for me, i think after 5 weeks with my bench going from 225x8 to 265x8m squats going from 210x8 to 315x8 the workout plan is solid

anyone have any actual comments on the question asked

gymbabe90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gymbabe90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gymbabe90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gymbabe90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gymbabe90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gymbabe90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gymbabe90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gymbabe90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gymbabe90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gymbabe90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gymbabe90 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    even though I'm not a guy, my split and cardio plan looks really identical to yours. i lost a lot of body fat doing this at about a 2000 clean calorie intake (not sure what yours is) BUT I LOST A LITTLE MUSCLE TOO ended up having to just bulk back up to where I was muscle-wise and now i'm gonna have to lose a lil more slowly. maybe cut out just 1 day of your cardio

what are your goals exactly here? are we bulking or cutting
    SQUAT! Because somewhere out there... a girl is warming up with your max.

Originally Posted by gymbabe90 View Post
    even though I'm not a guy, my split and cardio plan looks really identical to yours. i lost a lot of body fat doing this at about a 2000 clean calorie intake (not sure what yours is) BUT I LOST A LITTLE MUSCLE TOO ended up having to just bulk back up to where I was muscle-wise and now i'm gonna have to lose a lil more slowly. maybe cut out just 1 day of your cardio

what are your goals exactly here? are we bulking or cutting
    cutting, im coming off a bulk
    i want this to be a big cut
    232, but i only look about 200 for whatever reason
    ideally id like to go to 190 by summer, 40 by june basically
    i hear too much cardio can have a negative effect on your muscles
    its near impossible to not loose any muscle and i expect my compound exercise lifts to drop but i dont want to much cardio to be the reason for it

bumpp

gymbabe90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gymbabe90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gymbabe90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gymbabe90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gymbabe90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gymbabe90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gymbabe90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gymbabe90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gymbabe90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gymbabe90 will become famous soon enough. (+50) gymbabe90 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by buykrux View Post
    cutting, im coming off a bulk
    i want this to be a big cut
    232, but i only look about 200 for whatever reason
    ideally id like to go to 190 by summer, 40 by june basically
    i hear too much cardio can have a negative effect on your muscles
    its near impossible to not loose any muscle and i expect my compound exercise lifts to drop but i dont want to much cardio to be the reason for it
    i see where you are coming from about the cardio but the only way your going to lose what you want without the cardio is lift EXTREMELY heavy and have your cutting nutrition/calories/macro 100% in check.

cardio just takes some of that weight off your shoulders ( metaphorically speaking )

Free Gaza.Free Palestine. flatL1ne's Avatar
    flatL1ne is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) flatL1ne is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) flatL1ne is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) flatL1ne is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) flatL1ne is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) flatL1ne is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) flatL1ne is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) flatL1ne is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) flatL1ne is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) flatL1ne is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) flatL1ne is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    im cutting right now...i do cardio @ 6.5 for 10 min intervals....3.5 for 5...back to 6.5...i do this for a total of 30-45 mins...any reason in particular that ur only going @ 3?
    ===I rep back (500+)===
    أشهد أن لا إله إلاَّ الله و أشهد أن محمد رسول الله

Originally Posted by Haithem View Post
    im cutting right now...i do cardio @ 6.5 for 10 min intervals....3.5 for 5...back to 6.5...i do this for a total of 30-45 mins...any reason in particular that ur only going @ 3?
    have to keep the heart rate in the fat burning target range, once it hits i think 120 or 130 is targeting your heart rather than weight loss
    its been proven that walking at an incline burns more than running
    mind you the top mma trainer in ontario, dave orton, was the one who designed the cardio

the big thing is, i dont want to over do the cardio and start loosing a ton of muscle due to over doing cardio
    trying to find the happy medium
    Last edited by buykrux; 12-10-2009 at 08:56 AM.

Originally Posted by buykrux View Post
    have to keep the heart rate in the fat burning target range, once it hits i think 120 or 130 is targeting your heart rather than weight loss
    its been proven that walking at an incline burns more than running
    mind you the top mma trainer in ontario, dave orton, was the one who designed the cardio

the big thing is, i dont want to over do the cardio and start loosing a ton of muscle due to over doing cardio
    trying to find the happy medium
    i see what you're saying about staying in the "fat burn zone" but actually he was right... still don't see why you're only going to 3... that's not cardio.

Originally Posted by gymbabe90 View Post
    i see what you're saying about staying in the "fat burn zone" but actually he was right... still don't see why you're only going to 3... that's not cardio.
    3* incline at 3.5 mph keeps my heartrate between 105-120
    not only that but Mike Manavian whos a pro body builder was the one who advocated to keep it below 3.5*. reason being something along the lines of higher inclines for the extended amount of time start targeting muscle development in the quads, hams, calves, etc which is not what you want
    2 trainers at the gym said to keep it at 3* at 3mph aswell
    most advocate walking at an incline over running
    mind you that i cycle threw the 3 cardio routines stated above