dmurphy_eire has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Looking for advice.

Hello guys and girls,

I just joined this forum today after looking around bodybuilders.com for information working out and there?s so much information I?m confused on some things so I said I would pop in here and see what you guys have to say on my situation seeing as you all started out somewhere.

Basically I need help in starting a workout schedule. I am joining the gym this week after a year of being out of it, last time I was using the gym I did not enjoy it and did not see great results which made me hate it more but I am chalking that down to a poor workout routine as I just made it up as I went along without any help from professionals or even other body builders and gym goers.

I am currently overweight I?m not sure if I?m obese but I?m defiantly very overweight, I am male, 6'3'' and around 19 stone or 120KG or 266lbs this is not an exact figure, I will get back to ye with an exact figure once I have been weighed in.

What I want to achieve is weight loss as well as muscle gain and toning. I know it won?t be easy in my situation as I am well to put it blunt lazy but lately I have been starting to hate the way I have let myself go and will do anything short of illegal drugs and unhealthy purging practices to lose the weight and look good. My frame is very large, I have a very wide body and am also naturally strong, I'm sure I have strong muscles already but more so fat.

What I need help with is a training regiment, what do you guys think I should do, I will be joining the gym this week so I can get started but need advice beforehand. Also I will be joining a different gym then last time, hopefully I will enjoy this one.

Also I am completely lost when it comes to supplements! Which should I get? Protein? Creatin? Or none at all to start off?

Also I have a problem with my diet, I love sweets but I find I can stop myself eating them and switch to healthier meals with little effort, the hard part is staying with the healthier meals. I live in a house with other people so simply not having sweets around is not an option as it would not be fair on others.

Any help would be hugely appreciated!

stoliolie17 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) stoliolie17 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) stoliolie17 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) stoliolie17 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) stoliolie17 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) stoliolie17 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) stoliolie17 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) stoliolie17 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) stoliolie17 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) stoliolie17 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) stoliolie17 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by dmurphy_eire View Post
    Hello guys and girls,

I just joined this forum today after looking around bodybuilders.com for information working out and there?s so much information I?m confused on some things so I said I would pop in here and see what you guys have to say on my situation seeing as you all started out somewhere.

Basically I need help in starting a workout schedule. I am joining the gym this week after a year of being out of it, last time I was using the gym I did not enjoy it and did not see great results which made me hate it more but I am chalking that down to a poor workout routine as I just made it up as I went along without any help from professionals or even other body builders and gym goers.

I am currently overweight I?m not sure if I?m obese but I?m defiantly very overweight, I am male, 6'3'' and around 19 stone or 120KG or 266lbs this is not an exact figure, I will get back to ye with an exact figure once I have been weighed in.

What I want to achieve is weight loss as well as muscle gain and toning. I know it won?t be easy in my situation as I am well to put it blunt lazy but lately I have been starting to hate the way I have let myself go and will do anything short of illegal drugs and unhealthy purging practices to lose the weight and look good. My frame is very large, I have a very wide body and am also naturally strong, I'm sure I have strong muscles already but more so fat.

What I need help with is a training regiment, what do you guys think I should do, I will be joining the gym this week so I can get started but need advice beforehand. Also I will be joining a different gym then last time, hopefully I will enjoy this one.

Also I am completely lost when it comes to supplements! Which should I get? Protein? Creatin? Or none at all to start off?

Also I have a problem with my diet, I love sweets but I find I can stop myself eating them and switch to healthier meals with little effort, the hard part is staying with the healthier meals. I live in a house with other people so simply not having sweets around is not an option as it would not be fair on others.

Any help would be hugely appreciated!
    This is a big question. I guess you could start by posting your eating routines. I'll pick at it if you want

dmurphy_eire has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by stoliolie17 View Post
    This is a big question. I guess you could start by posting your eating routines. I'll pick at it if you want
    Hey thanks for your reply,

I'm a student at the moment so my eating routines are fairly messed up, I would eat nothing until about 2 or 3 pm where I would eat my dinner, after that I would unhealthy snacks and sugery drinks for the rest of the day with the odd microwavable snack thrown in (odd as in once every 2 days or so not as in a few a day)

It sounds like I don't eat much but I do when I count it out its about 5000 calories a day.

I know its very unhealthy and need to start eating earlier for breakfast and such but I find it hard to eat in the mornign and VERY easy to eat in the afternoon.

//EDIT I tried looking for answers on the live chat and was told to look into thermogenics , I did just that but got bogged with how many products is out there. Which is the best for my situation? When I tried to get more info from the chat room everyone was just talking about vascular penis's and how many girls they have banged which whilst entertaining didnt really help me haha, thanks though guys if ye read this :P
    Last edited by dmurphy_eire; 11-29-2009 at 10:35 PM.