rich_tz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rich_tz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rich_tz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rich_tz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rich_tz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rich_tz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rich_tz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rich_tz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rich_tz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rich_tz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rich_tz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Complete flame-out at gym tonight :-(

I think it's because I just didn't eat enough today.... when I think back and count it, I would have had about 2000 calories. I'm 6'0", 240lbs with a fair bit of upper body bulk (not *heaps*) and apparently my maintenance calories is up around 4000, so maybe I just didn't eat enough?

Other thing it brings to mind... I'm not terribly fit, is there any point at all working hard on weights at this point or would I be better off building my fitness for a few weeks?

And lastly.... should I be doing weights first then cardio, or cardio then weights?

Nothing worse than burning out 25% into your workout, totally sucks.
    Every accomplishment starts with the decision to try.

Reps owed to: brentwillisbgw, PROTOSSterone, Num3n, mmax, constipated, cool2001, Finski, Dominik, SolidSteel86, BigChamp89, educated_Derelic, HJC, BulldogVTX, WishmasterATM, Ajos90, user4545118069271, Power2PumpIron, webepumpin, vitriol, ALEXH-

JResendes is not very helpful. (-500) JResendes is not very helpful. (-500) JResendes is not very helpful. (-500) JResendes is not very helpful. (-500) JResendes is not very helpful. (-500) JResendes is not very helpful. (-500) JResendes is not very helpful. (-500) JResendes is not very helpful. (-500) JResendes is not very helpful. (-500) JResendes is not very helpful. (-500) JResendes is not very helpful. (-500)
    yes weights are the most important if you arelooking for a toned physique

I highly doubt your maintenance level is 4000calories if you aren't in awesome shape, 3000 is probably more accurate

personally, I weight train 5 days per week, with HIIT cardio on my off days
    "I don't really believe in God, but GOD, I'm scared to death that there's a God! I swear to God I never meant to spill the beans nor tear the pod!"

Current Supps

Fish Oil
    Creatine Ethyl Ester
    Whey
    Multi
    Intraxcell

rich_tz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rich_tz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rich_tz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rich_tz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rich_tz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rich_tz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rich_tz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rich_tz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rich_tz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rich_tz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rich_tz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by JResendes View Post
    yes weights are the most important if you arelooking for a toned physique

I highly doubt your maintenance level is 4000calories if you aren't in awesome shape, 3000 is probably more accurate

personally, I weight train 5 days per week, with HIIT cardio on my off days
    Any idea why I burned out then? Is 2000 cals still not enough? I went to the gym every day last week and did a 2 hour walk on Sunday, so maybe I just haven't given myself enough of a break?

sigh...
    Every accomplishment starts with the decision to try.

Reps owed to: brentwillisbgw, PROTOSSterone, Num3n, mmax, constipated, cool2001, Finski, Dominik, SolidSteel86, BigChamp89, educated_Derelic, HJC, BulldogVTX, WishmasterATM, Ajos90, user4545118069271, Power2PumpIron, webepumpin, vitriol, ALEXH-