timbeards has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) timbeards has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) timbeards has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) timbeards has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) timbeards has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) timbeards has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Keto Since Monday Aug 17

I've been trying to do a Keto diet and get into ketosis consistently since Monday Aug 17. I'm looking of some feedback on diet as well as answer to some questions.

My stats are as follows:

I'm 32, 5'9 about 175.

My diet has been consistent all week. In general, heres how it went each day.

50% fat
    45% protein
    5% carbs

I'm trying to create a caloric deficit and get into ketosis. That is my goal. I have been doing HIIT for the past two weeks or so, consisting of jump rope, pushups, squats, suicide sprints. I have also slowly integrated this week weights, consisting of squats, deadlifts, bent-over row, military press, bench press, dips, and clean and press...basically full-body compound exercises with short rest periods, a variation of stronglifts or rippedtoes.

Questions: How is my diet, given my exercise program? How soon should I go into a carb up? I've been consistently keto for 5 days. Should I go another week to ensure glycogen depletion and ketosis, or should I do a carb up after tonights weight workout through tomorrow and then hit the weights again on Sunday? Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.
    Attached Images

I3odyI3uilder is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) I3odyI3uilder is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) I3odyI3uilder is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) I3odyI3uilder is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) I3odyI3uilder is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) I3odyI3uilder is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) I3odyI3uilder is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) I3odyI3uilder is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) I3odyI3uilder is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) I3odyI3uilder is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) I3odyI3uilder is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by timbeards View Post
    I've been trying to do a Keto diet and get into ketosis consistently since Monday Aug 17. I'm looking of some feedback on diet as well as answer to some questions.

My stats are as follows:

I'm 32, 5'9 about 175.

My diet has been consistent all week. In general, heres how it went each day.

50% fat
    45% protein
    5% carbs

I'm trying to create a caloric deficit and get into ketosis. That is my goal. I have been doing HIIT for the past two weeks or so, consisting of jump rope, pushups, squats, suicide sprints. I have also slowly integrated this week weights, consisting of squats, deadlifts, bent-over row, military press, bench press, dips, and clean and press...basically full-body compound exercises with short rest periods, a variation of stronglifts or rippedtoes.

Questions: How is my diet, given my exercise program? How soon should I go into a carb up? I've been consistently keto for 5 days. Should I go another week to ensure glycogen depletion and ketosis, or should I do a carb up after tonights weight workout through tomorrow and then hit the weights again on Sunday? Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.
    Wow do u get hungry at all that looks like nothing lol. As far as carbup i didnt do mine till the 2nd week even though i was already in ketosis and pretty much depleted.
    Sports Teams:
    -San Francisco 49ers
    -Saint Louis Cardinals

****Current Log****
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=168610673

Squat PR 365 X 5 & 385 X 5
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=162587361&p=1259651041#post1259651041

timbeards has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) timbeards has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) timbeards has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) timbeards has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) timbeards has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) timbeards has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by I3odyI3uilder View Post
    Wow do u get hungry at all that looks like nothing lol. As far as carbup i didnt do mine till the 2nd week even though i was already in ketosis and pretty much depleted.
    lol I know, it doesn't look like much. My total calories have varied from about 1700 to 2200, depending on the day. I wanted to maintain the caloric deficit, as my immediate goal is lose the belly fat. At 32, its really hard to lose but I'm determined to make it happen. How long did it take to get into ketosis and how did you know you were there? Also, I have been avoiding the post workout carbs just because I want to get into ketosis and use the fat as fuel. Does anyone disagree with this or should I continue if my goal is dropping the belly fat? Thanks.