Riggs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Riggs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Riggs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Please look over my meal plan and see what you think.

Hey guys! I've been a lurking around this site for some time and decided to finally post. I've come up with a meal plan that is simple for me and wanted to see what you guys think of it. I want to make sure that I'm doing the right thing and not wasting my time doing the wrong thing. My goal is simple. I'm just trying to get my body to look good (muscular and toned). I'll start with my stats, foods, and then training routine.

5' 7"
    185 pounds
    been lifting off and on for 8 years
    could probably afford to loose 20 to 30 pound of unwanted fat.

Food:

7:00am-(right after workout)
    7 egg whites (2 yolks)

9:30am-
    chicken breast (4 oz.)
    1 apple

12:00pm-
    chicken breast (4 oz.)
    1 apple

2:30pm-
    chicken breast or tuna (4 oz.)
    1 apple

5:00pm-
    chicken breast (4 oz.)
    natural peanutbutter (2 table spoons)

7:30pm-
    chicken breast or tuna (4 oz.)
    may or may not add in natural peanutbutter (2 tablespoons)

Weight lifting routine: (6:00am to 7:00am)

Mondays: Chest
    Flat barbell presses (1 warmup with 3 sets of 4-6 reps)
    Incline barbell press ( 3 sets of 4-6 reps)
    Dips (unweighted for now) ( 3 sets of max)

Tuesdays: Back
    Wide-grip chin-ups (4 sets to max)
    Bentover barbell rows (4 sets of 4-6 reps)
    Barbell shrugs (4 sets of 4-6 reps)

Wed.: Legs
    Squats (1 warmup set with 3 sets of 4-6 reps)
    Stiff-legged deadlifts (3 sets 0f 4-6 reps)
    Standing calf raises with the barbell across my shoulders (3 sets of 4-6 reps)

Thursday: Shoulders
    Standing barbell presses from the front (1 warmup set with 3 sets of 4-6 reps)
    Side laterals (3 sets of 4-8 reps)
    Bentover laterals (3 sets of 4-8 reps)

Friday: Arms
    Close-grip bench (1 warmup set with 3 sets of 4-8 reps)
    Skull-crushers with EZ curl bar and incline bench (3 sets of 4-8 reps)
    Dips (3 sets of max)
    Standing barbell or EZ curl bar curls (1 warmup set with 3 sets of 4-8 reps)
    Close-grip EZ curl bar curls (3 sets of 4-8 reps)
    Standing or seated dumbell curls (3 sets of 4-8 reps)

That is pretty much my whole routine to get to a lean muscular body. I'm not on a bulking phase, that won't be until September or October. Right now, I want to look good for summer. Please, any all help would be greatly appreciated. I just want to get on the right track and stop wasting time. Thanks!
    Locked, cocked, and ready to rock!

Riggs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Riggs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Riggs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Forgot to add my ab and cardio routine.

Abs: Wednsday (in the pm hours) and on Saturdays
    Weighted Crunches (4 sets of 12)
    Leg raises with hip curls (weighted if possible) (4 sets of 12)
    Russian Twists (weighted if possible) (4 sets of 8)

Cardio: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday (immediately following my weightlifting in the morning) (1 hour for total workout)

5-10 minutes of fast walking for warm-up followed by 10 minutes of 30 seconds of walking followed by 30 seconds of sprinting (alternating).

I will do this either on the treadmill or outside.

mic19790 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    2 egg yokes a no no p/w.u need fast absorbing carbs/protein.also,cut out the apples during the day and get in some fibre and efas.

Baseball2002 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Be sure and get some glutamine in your system too. This will prevent muscle loss due to cutting.

I think you could attack your back a little more too. Pulldowns and T-bar rows would be good. In my opinion, you might want to switch deadlifts to back day.

Legs could get some more action too. Hacksquats, extensions, and leg curls would be good to add to squats if you did move deadlifts to back day. I'd also add seated calf raises (if possible) to your calf workout. Just be sure and workout those legs as intense as possible. The last thing you want is a muscular upper body, but a skinny lower body.

Like someone said earlier, no egg yoke in your egg whites and stay away from fruit for now, so you won't get unwanted sugar in your system. Instead of an apple, have 4-6 ounces of corn or green beans.

The split that's work best for me is

Monday - Chest/Tricep
    Tuesday - Back
    Wednesday - Cardio
    Thursday - Legs
    Friday - Shoulders/Biceps

Plus cardio everyday from 45 minutes to an hour. Ab work is usually every other day.

Either way, just don't sell yourself short on the back and leg exercises.

Other than that, good luck.

Ashkon will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ashkon will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ashkon will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ashkon will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ashkon will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ashkon will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ashkon will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ashkon will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ashkon will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ashkon will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ashkon will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    holy **** thats a sick born diet you got there

Go shopping, n look for different typa food instead of having chicken breast 5 TIMES A DAY

I get Turkey Cans for like 70 cents a can and they have 30 g of protein in them n taste soo good i'd eat 12 of those instead of 1 can of tuna...

I could not eat what u eat one day stright i'd get sick of it

Thanks for the reply guys. I'll definately look to attack the back more, along with the legs. I have to keep deadlifts on leg days because I workout at home and don't have access to do leg curls. I think for back, I'll add in 2 sets of pull downs along with 2 sets of bent-over dumbbell rows. For legs, I could hold 2 dumbbells and walk the steps (every other step), or step up on the bench and alternate legs. Don't really have access to do calves sitting down, unless I put some padding on my smith machine bar and put my knees under it from the edge of my bench and lift it. I guess if I wanted to do t-bar rows, I could shove one side of my olympic bar into the corner of my basement and throw wieghts on the other end and jimmy-rig a handle on it and lean over my incline bench and do it that way. Well, as far as the food goes, that is just a basic outline of what and how I'll be eating, I'll definately will be putting more variety into it. Just wanted to give you guys a basic run-down of it. Thanks again guys for your responses and help.