Atropa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Atropa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Atropa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Atropa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Atropa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Atropa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Atropa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Atropa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Atropa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Atropa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Atropa has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Atropa's Keto log

I should warn everyone that I suck at keeping log's and or getting back to friends on myspace and twitter.
    My grammar and spelling leaves much to be desired and yet oddly enough I do not really care, I type backwards quite often so if you are confused get a mirror.

I started my Keto diet on July 5th 2009 for medical reasons.
    So far despite what others think I frikkin hate this diet, however that said I can not deny it's logic and results.
    I am for the first time starting to see muscle definition, not just lowering of body fat but I am actually developing muscles.
    Maybe if I liked meat this diet would be great and maybe in time i will change my mind, but so far I am happy with the results.
    While I am mostly ignorant in the ways of a keto diet and I am sure I will screw it up a lot.
    The food is heavy, very heavy and leaves me full for a very long time and I have not felt a bit of hunger nor want to eat in over a week.
    This is not a bad thing as I am taking it to mean maybe some of my buttzilla behind me will disappear.
    So what did I eat today.
    Breakfast I ate an egg scrambled with sweet pepper,onion and black pepper, someone should have warned me that egg's make you burp for hours afterwords.
    My first actual eaten egg in years.
    Post morning workout I mix soy protein powder with coffee
    I tried some beef jerky, took forever to eat and was spicy and I have to say I kinda liked it.
    Of course a salad, with a dressing of olive oil,lemon and vinegar.
    Dinner, I had some roasted chicken half a breast and I had to get creative with my veggie sides.
    I wanted bubble, or bubble and squeak whichever you are used to.
    Since potatoes are a no no I took some cauliflower steamed and mashed it and cooked it with cabbage to form a mock bubble.
    It was pretty good, texture wise it was off but tasty none the less.
    Post evening run was more soy protein in coffee.
    Keto sticks show me at a moderate amount, which I guess I did not need to waste a strip since my mouth tastes as if I have been licking a monkeys rear end, keto and good breath do not seem able to coexist together try as I might.
    Water water water water, I can not drink enough and my lips are still dry and icky.
    The scale which is not all that important shows a 9.5 pound loss since starting.

Atropa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Atropa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Atropa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Atropa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Atropa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Atropa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Atropa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Atropa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Atropa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Atropa has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Atropa has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

7/24

Breakfast today was fresh ground pork with sage 30 grams once cooked.
    1 large egg
    Lunch 0.5 chicken breast 2 cups of greens, homemade salad dressing lemon juice,olive oil,pepper and vinegar
    Dinner 8 oz beef steak.

I did not eat like I should today since I spent my day out and 4 hours of swimming passes far to fast.
    I'm not hungry either way however I did drink a diet Mt Dew today and I am noticing that I want to eat something sweet.
    Keto strips show me having about 80 per so have a good bit of them running around in my body.
    My water is lacking today with only about 80 oz taken in, also 2 cups of coffee ( black) and one 20 oz Diet Mt Dew, which I see no reason to drink again as it tastes far to sweet anymore.
    Things to note, the pork for breakfast did not sit well with me, as with the processed links and such it caused gastric distress as well.
    The steak is also causing cramps and is not sitting well.
    Today's workout is Upper body.
    Still trying to do real pull up but so far a no go, I am doing well with reverse ones, more or less instead of going up I lower myself down slowly. Did not count but maybe I should have, just went until I could no longer support myself, I'm sure I will regret this is 2 or 3 days.
    If anyone has a better method I would love to know, I do not go to a gym so what I worth with is at home.

Pass The Refridgerator kudostojen's Avatar
    kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000) kudostojen is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Atropa View Post
    I should warn everyone that I suck at keeping log's and or getting back to friends on myspace and twitter.
    My grammar and spelling leaves much to be desired and yet oddly enough I do not really care, I type backwards quite often so if you are confused get a mirror.

I started my Keto diet on July 5th 2009 for medical reasons.
    So far despite what others think I frikkin hate this diet, however that said I can not deny it's logic and results.
    I am for the first time starting to see muscle definition, not just lowering of body fat but I am actually developing muscles.
    Maybe if I liked meat this diet would be great and maybe in time i will change my mind, but so far I am happy with the results.
    While I am mostly ignorant in the ways of a keto diet and I am sure I will screw it up a lot.
    The food is heavy, very heavy and leaves me full for a very long time and I have not felt a bit of hunger nor want to eat in over a week.
    This is not a bad thing as I am taking it to mean maybe some of my buttzilla behind me will disappear.
    So what did I eat today.
    Breakfast I ate an egg scrambled with sweet pepper,onion and black pepper, someone should have warned me that egg's make you burp for hours afterwords.
    My first actual eaten egg in years.
    Post morning workout I mix soy protein powder with coffee
    I tried some beef jerky, took forever to eat and was spicy and I have to say I kinda liked it.
    Of course a salad, with a dressing of olive oil,lemon and vinegar.
    Dinner, I had some roasted chicken half a breast and I had to get creative with my veggie sides.
    I wanted bubble, or bubble and squeak whichever you are used to.
    Since potatoes are a no no I took some cauliflower steamed and mashed it and cooked it with cabbage to form a mock bubble.
    It was pretty good, texture wise it was off but tasty none the less.
    Post evening run was more soy protein in coffee.
    Keto sticks show me at a moderate amount, which I guess I did not need to waste a strip since my mouth tastes as if I have been licking a monkeys rear end, keto and good breath do not seem able to coexist together try as I might.
    Water water water water, I can not drink enough and my lips are still dry and icky.
    The scale which is not all that important shows a 9.5 pound loss since starting.

I like this post. Almost read like a "keto poem". lol

"If we wait for the moment when everything, absolutely everything is ready, we shall never begin."
    Ivan Turgenev

If You Can't Stand Behind Our Troops, Feel Free To Stand in Front of Them ..

It is Saturday which is my free day so to speak oh yes the one day where I saw screw this I'm going to eat what I want when I want.
    No I will not be eating cakes and cookies because sugar is still a no no and being celiac I already have gluten envy just looking at some of the other keto logs, I mean seriously?? Keto pizza??? I wanted to cry, cry and then go steal some and pain and icky bathroom moments be damned!
    Breakfast 2 egg yolks, I decided that it is not the egg I hate but rather the egg white, the yolks are OK as long as they are only a teeny bit runny.
    Coffee, coffee and yeah more coffee.

Lunch, 1/2 cup spicy vegetarian refried beans, half an avocado, lettuce and salsa, oh my I am in heaven.
    Dinner is happily bubbling away right now, I do not know what to call it.
    I looked around and came up with I have chicken, some celery,carrots, peas ,wine onions and garlic.
    Lots of thyme growing in the garden right now.
    Maybe a few pepper corns.
    So naturally I need some turnips to throw in also ( they are kinda like my potatoes)
    Oh yes a thick yummy chicken stew of sorts.

You know what?? Screw the bloody snacks.
    This may come as a shock but I'm a foodie , yes a real foodie.
    I love food, eating,cooking everything about it however for some reason when food becomes a chore I do this strange teenager type thing and rebel.
    I am not going to eat on time or so what I should blah blah, stupid sure but one day a week it helps my poor crazy self from going...well crazier.
    Oddly enough I have never seen exercise as a chore even if it is an orderly process, I think simply because it makes me feel good.

5 miles on treadmill today, speeds vary 8 to 10% incline, and of course Pilate's 45 min.

For those of you who like orderly log's I am sorry.
    I do everything kind of free flow.

Note to self, free days are not much fun, bloating seems to be part of having an off day, not comfortable nor pretty.

My diet today could have been better, should have been better.
    Typical of what happens if I take my meds before I eat, I end up not wanting to eat.
    All said and done I took in 628 calories today and ended up sleeping part of the day due to a crash.
    Stupid yes.

All I managed to do today was walk fast 4.0 MPH at a 6% incline for half a mile. and 5 per leg Bulgarian lunges.

SO here I sit I'm tired, and I feel like crap, you know I could give the best advise in the world on how to keep your blood sugar stable but I'll be damned because I'm a huge idiot when it comes to following said advise.

7/27

So this morning I woke up and wandered into the kitchen to find...Bacon, yes that is right I am trying bacon again.
    I found a brand, store brand none the less that is not cured useing sugar and such.

All in all? Not bad, none of the nasty oversalted taste that seems to come with so many of the processed foods.
    Also tried eggs again, this time scrambled, hey they were good!
    Maybe I just do not like fried eggs, I should look into other ways of cooking them.

Breakfast * 2 scrambled eggs
    1 tsp butter
    2 thin slices of bacon
    1 mug coffee

Between meals snack * Iced coffee w/protein powder

LUUUUUNNNNNNNCCCCCCCCCHHHHHHHH go ahead and sing it lunch!
    My fav meal of the day.
    A note about lunch do we count a chicken breast as both sides of the breast or 1 side? either way it is a massive amount of meat, I took 1 side and cut it in half.

*1/4 of a chicken breast
    *3 cups of spring mix.
    * 4 Tables of Ranch dressing.

Snack
    * 1 oz colbyjack cheese

Dinner * Left over porkloin 4 oz

This brings my calories and such up to.

1,179 - calories - 78.4 - fat- 9.9 - carb -105.3 protein

What do you know I have gotten to 10 grams of carbs a day which is what I should be eating.
    I am not happy with my calories, they are still low and I do not need nor do I want to become a bobblehead doll lookalike.

Things to note the more natural bacon that I found today I could tolerate, it did not make me sick.
    I added both cheese and butter to my menu today to sneak in extra calories.
    I would have loved to have more veggies with dinner however I could find nothing that would not take me over my limit for the day in carbs.
    I think the ranch dressing at 2 grams per serving and I had 2 servings is far to high of an amount, without it I could have squeezed in more greens with dinner.

Preacher curls 15 lb 5 * X3
    Deadlift 40 lbs 6* X 2

Still trying to do pull- ups and I almost got a full one done, almost but getting your eyeballs up to the bar does not count as a real one.
    However I did 12 of the hang and slowly lower ones.

Some easy walking 3.5 mph 4% incline 3 miles.
    Last edited by Atropa; 07-27-2009 at 06:43 PM. Reason: adding stuffs

I found some little sausages that I like, they are teeny little links that are stuff with hot peppers, yum.
    I love spicy food.
    Problem? they keep you full forever, I am not at all hungry again the last couple days and am letting my eating slip.
    I know I never cleared 500 calories yesterday and slept most of the day and all night.
    As of 3 pm today I have taken in 236 calories and 4 grams of carbs.

I think someone just causualy poping in ehre to look at my log would think I have an eating disorder.
    I do not, I love food and I do mean I love food but this is a new way of eating for me still and I'm not sure I am doing it right.
    I have never had a good hunger indicator and now it is not there at all.
    We all grow up being told, eat when your hungry and stop when your not hungry.
    So what do you do when you are not hungry at all?

I'm sure people would just say eat, but there is more to eating and hunger than just doing it.
    A lack of hunger means a lack of wanting food, at least for me.
    My husband can eat any time and he says oh I just wanted the taste.
    I do not get that but OK.
    I eat when I'm hungry and I only have the desire to eat when I'm hungry but it is clear I need to overcome that habit.

queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Well if you eat too little it slows down your metabolic rate if you are trying to lose fat. Your metabolic rate slows when you cut calories anyway. So there is a sacrifice.

The scale is not moving down anymore so YAY!

Breakfast 2 sausages and 1 scrambled egg
    Snack Protein powder mocha
    Lunch I forgot to eat it.

Dinner Pork loin cut up into chunks and cooked in chilies and herbs with random veggies tossed in, mostly green beans, soy beans and sweet peppers with a little dried sweet corn.

This is all find and all but what I REALLY want are pancakes lol.

See I told you people I sucked ass at logs.

Anyway, this is for Sat, which is my "carb up" day.
    Yeah my carb ups are a bit differant and I never fully kick out of Ketosis because of my metformin I think.

Breakfast Flax pancakes....oh god yes
    Snack Chocolate soy milk w/protein powder...meh
    Lunch Refried beans, with guac, salsa and onions . yum
    snack I attempted to eat a slice of vegan cheese without putting it on anything
    oh boy that was nasty, endded up eating about an oz of almonds

Dinner Taco's! ground deer and taco seasoning, lettuce,salsa , it was pretty good.

I suck at doing Keto, I suck at keeping a Keto log but damn it I will keep trying.
    I know I do not eat enough and I know it makes me sick so I am doing a new game plan.
    My old habits had me wandering into the kitchen to fix something to eat every couple hours, well that was easy as a vegetarian, I grabed an apple or some soy yogurt or just a bunch of whatever fresh produce was in there along with whatever grains I had cooked.

Now meat first of all I am learning to coko it, so I'm cooking several things up at once!
    I have found that I LOVE tabasco hot wings those little suckers are easy because I can freeze them.

Anyway today.

Low fat sausage w/ scrambled eggs...no comments on my low fat ok, I can keep it down.
    Snack Vannilla soymilk not much sure but it was enough

Lunch Jalapeno's stuffed with better than cream cheese and baked...oh my god

Snack more soymilk with added protein powder

Dinner 1/4th a chicken, yeah I'm a pig and mashed cauliflower

After dinner Almonds and coffee
    I think I did pretty well on fats today

So much for doing well, the scale shows another 3 pounds down.
    I know there is a way to stablize on Keto, children do it.
    Anyway I'm not feeling all that great, just kinda down I guess .
    This is not going how I wanted, yes I developed some muscles but I did not want my weight to go down, I was just starting to look normal.
    I want to have that lean sexy body but not be fat, and while I did not start keto for that it is the results I saw others have and I want it!
    Medicaly speaking the keto is working well, very well my glucouse levels are pretty stable.
    However mentaly I feel very off, like I'm just not here.

Breakfast 1 scrambled egg, slice of ham

Snack soy milk w/protein powder

Lunch Tuna salad wraped in lettuce leaves

Snack more soy milk w/protein shake

another snack Monster Low carb energy drink the coffee one

Dinner ground deer with chilies and salsa
    Last edited by Atropa; 08-10-2009 at 06:20 PM. Reason: changed dinner plans

8/11

Ok today is simple.
    Not enough food still I know , I think I may need to see my doctor about finding something to stimulate my appetite.

Breakfast 2 eggs scrambled w/ a slice of vegan cheese
    Snack soymilk w/protein powder
    Lunch.............I sorta skiped it

Dinner chicken breast, fried in olive oil with cayenne pepper.

Good news is I'm energetic though I feel so damn HOT all the time.

queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50) queloque will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Do you like Avocado and have you made Guacamole from it?

Originally Posted by queloque View Post
    Do you like Avocado and have you made Guacamole from it?
    Nom, love avocado it is good no matter what you with it, however it will be a few days before I can get to the store.

For now I am going to stop attempting to log or anything, perhaps just lurk, despite wanting to gain a few pounds I am torn between the need to gain and the way I look in the mirror when I do gain.
    For now I'm stoping, with my bloodwork being done and my glucouse levels having been very low for the last couple weeks , I am not eating enough and I do not want to eat enough.
    So until I get myself back under control keeping a record of what I eat is a bad idea, I'm not sure if I ever can keep a log really of what I eat, I'm advised to stay away from any webpage that lets me plug in what I eat and get the calories and such of for now and I guess that would include here.
    I'll still be here, just not recording what I eat, because no matter how small of an amount it looks like to everyone else it is to me a grossly huge amount and until I get my head back on straight I can not do this.
    I will still be working out , I love that far to much to give it up