dlen915 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Gaining Motivation Back

My question goes out to anyone willing to offer solutions or advice. Basically, I used to be very, very motivated and not get complacent in my results. I could always look in the mirror and see room for improvement. Lately, subconsciously I feel myself getting a little more complacent because I know that I have a good body. The problem is, I see room for improvement but I am having trouble acting on it because, like I said, I know I'm ahead of the curve anyways. I realize that one way I can help myself is to be as social as possible and as busy as possible so that I know I am putting myself out there to be judged. Are there any tips or advice you can think of that might help me bust out of this minor funk.

A second problem I am having is staying motivated in the gym. I definitely feel like I am going through the motions. I know that sleep patterns are at least partially a factor in this, but putting that aside, what else can I do in the gym to keep my workout fun and entertaining for myself. I hope to not just limit this to simple readjustment of exercises. Obviously, I know that implementing new exercises is one way, but I feel that even when I do, I still feel a little lethargic. I still get things done, but I know that I can get better results with more energy. Any thoughts?
    Try to leave everyone you meet better than when you found them

johnderriLLL will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnderriLLL will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnderriLLL will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnderriLLL will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnderriLLL will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnderriLLL will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnderriLLL will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnderriLLL will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnderriLLL will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnderriLLL will become famous soon enough. (+50) johnderriLLL will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    what are your goals?

sleep more. lifting heavy is a lot of fun for me. u could also kick around them big swiss balls for fun.
    Dont have negative thoughts. Remember your mantra.

Forged in pain and iron wrecking_ball's Avatar
    wrecking_ball will become famous soon enough. (+50) wrecking_ball will become famous soon enough. (+50) wrecking_ball will become famous soon enough. (+50) wrecking_ball will become famous soon enough. (+50) wrecking_ball will become famous soon enough. (+50) wrecking_ball will become famous soon enough. (+50) wrecking_ball will become famous soon enough. (+50) wrecking_ball will become famous soon enough. (+50) wrecking_ball will become famous soon enough. (+50) wrecking_ball will become famous soon enough. (+50) wrecking_ball will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Are you sure the lack of motivation is about working out or is it something from life in general? You need to find the things that you love inside and outside the gym and put your focus towards those things. Can't offer you much advice about outside the gym but as far as inside it goes heres some things I can think of for you :

Change it up - Go in the gym without a plan, just do whatever you want for a couple weeks!

Logs - Keep logs of something like bench or squats and focus on hitting it every time you can and beating your previous PRs (everyone loves prs!)

Goals - Pick a goal, maybe a 5k run or a lifting competition or something thats like 3 months out and train for it focusing on that single objective

Diet - to heck with it! Eat the things you love to eat for a few weeks!

Friends - Bring em, they are always good for company

Im sure there are more but you get the ideas man. Besides that you have a good base going, to say theres room for improvement is silly because we all have room for improvement! No matter how far you come or how good you look you'll always see that little bit for improvement, we all do. So don't let that get you down, let it get you going because you have something to do! Wouldn't working out suck if we were perfect? You'd be working out to try to mess something up! Ha, good luck man, take care!