Giovanni. will become famous soon enough. (+50) Giovanni. will become famous soon enough. (+50) Giovanni. will become famous soon enough. (+50) Giovanni. will become famous soon enough. (+50) Giovanni. will become famous soon enough. (+50) Giovanni. will become famous soon enough. (+50) Giovanni. will become famous soon enough. (+50) Giovanni. will become famous soon enough. (+50) Giovanni. will become famous soon enough. (+50) Giovanni. will become famous soon enough. (+50) Giovanni. will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Question Lose BF while bulking or maintaining weight?

Is it possible to drop body fat while bulking or maintaining my current weight? If so, how do I go about doing it?

I'm asking this because I'm 5'9" and weigh 155lbs but I still have high BF after losing 80lbs in 10 months. I want to gain muscle by bulking, but I'm scared that my BF will increase.

Everyone in my family says I should gain another 14lbs or so, because I look very thin. But underneath my clothes I look fat, when I look in the mirror I still see a fat person.

If I begin to cut again, I know I'll just end up looking too skinny again, plus I'll more than likely lose the little muscle I have gained in the past 4 months of bulking.

...PS, I cut right down to 143lbs in December, but I still had problems with rolls of fat around my stomach and back.

Anyone have an idea of by BF%
    Attached Images

Giovanni. will become famous soon enough. (+50) Giovanni. will become famous soon enough. (+50) Giovanni. will become famous soon enough. (+50) Giovanni. will become famous soon enough. (+50) Giovanni. will become famous soon enough. (+50) Giovanni. will become famous soon enough. (+50) Giovanni. will become famous soon enough. (+50) Giovanni. will become famous soon enough. (+50) Giovanni. will become famous soon enough. (+50) Giovanni. will become famous soon enough. (+50) Giovanni. will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Anyone got some advice ?

euclid is just really nice. (+1000) euclid is just really nice. (+1000) euclid is just really nice. (+1000) euclid is just really nice. (+1000) euclid is just really nice. (+1000) euclid is just really nice. (+1000) euclid is just really nice. (+1000) euclid is just really nice. (+1000) euclid is just really nice. (+1000) euclid is just really nice. (+1000) euclid is just really nice. (+1000)
    Giovanni - I remember you from the other thread you posted. Your 80 lb fat loss is excellent! Your family, although I'm sure they've got the best intentions, doesn't have to walk around in your body. If you don't feel good about it, only you can change it.

I think that, right now, you ought to focus on more fat loss - You still seem to be carrying a good deal of fat, especially around your mid section and lower back. If I were to guess, I'd say you are in the mid twenties bf%. But don't get discouraged, in 3 months you can cut a sizeable amount of this fat from your body. It's going to take additional devotion and motivation, but you've proved you can do it.

The key right now is to get your diet perfectly in order. When you are big and lose a lot of weight, changing just about any bad habit yields results, but once you get down to lower bodyfats things change and it becomes a bit more difficult.

Instead of focusing on bulking, you should absolutely begin weight training, but do not increase your calories at this point. Eat at a deficit and seing as how you are new to lifting, you WILL make progress.

EDIT: My bf estimation may be a bit high, you may have a bit of loose skin that gives the false impression of body fat. It will tighten up with time. What kind of help do you need from me?
    Last edited by euclid; 05-07-2009 at 10:17 AM.

gixxer0.6g has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gixxer0.6g has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gixxer0.6g has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gixxer0.6g has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gixxer0.6g has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gixxer0.6g has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gixxer0.6g has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gixxer0.6g has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gixxer0.6g has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gixxer0.6g has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gixxer0.6g has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    You will most likely put on some fat when you bulk. Just keep your calories a bit over maint. and keep lifting hard. Eat well, lift hard, and get some sleep. I'm going to put you around 20% bf.
    Toxic Masculinity

Thanks a lot guys.

So it probably would be best to cut all cardio out, focus on weight lifting while eating a lower number of calories? My BMR is around 2750 - what sort of calorie deficit should I have?

Also, do I need to cut down on my carbs? or doesn't it really matter, as long as I get around 150g of Protein?

euclid is just really nice. (+1000) euclid is just really nice. (+1000) euclid is just really nice. (+1000) euclid is just really nice. (+1000) euclid is just really nice. (+1000) euclid is just really nice. (+1000) euclid is just really nice. (+1000) euclid is just really nice. (+1000) euclid is just really nice. (+1000) euclid is just really nice. (+1000) euclid is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Giovanni. View Post
    Thanks a lot guys.

So it probably would be best to cut all cardio out, focus on weight lifting while eating a lower number of calories? My BMR is around 2750 - what sort of calorie deficit should I have?

Also, do I need to cut down on my carbs? or doesn't it really matter, as long as I get around 150g of Protein?
    The other poster and I are offering completely different advice, for completely different goals. I am suggesting you continue to cut, he is suggesting you bulk. I just happen to think that you will be happier if you cut more fat before you begin a bulk. I'd rather have you being skinny in a couple of months rather than bulk up, put on a bunch of excess fat and then have to cut extra hard to get rid of it. This is completely up to you, though.

To lose fat do this:
    1. Eat at 500 calories below current maintenance level
    2. Lift weights, heavy, compound movements, low reps (my personal choice)
    3. Increase cardio

To gain muscle
    1. Eat above maintenance
    2. lift weights, heavy compound movements, low reps (once again, my preference is for strength)
    3. Limit cardio to 1-2 times a week - remember, your heart is a muscle, too.

Hudacris is just really nice. (+1000) Hudacris is just really nice. (+1000) Hudacris is just really nice. (+1000) Hudacris is just really nice. (+1000) Hudacris is just really nice. (+1000) Hudacris is just really nice. (+1000) Hudacris is just really nice. (+1000) Hudacris is just really nice. (+1000) Hudacris is just really nice. (+1000) Hudacris is just really nice. (+1000) Hudacris is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by euclid View Post

To lose fat do this:
    3. Get at least 1 gram of protein per bodyweight

To gain muscle
    1. Eat above maintenance
    2. lift weights, heavy compound movements, in the hypertrophy range to build muscle (8-10)
    3. cardio is optionial, but not needed at all to gain muscle
    Fixed

Originally Posted by euclid View Post
    The other poster and I are offering completely different advice, for completely different goals. I am suggesting you continue to cut, he is suggesting you bulk. I just happen to think that you will be happier if you cut more fat before you begin a bulk. I'd rather have you being skinny in a couple of months rather than bulk up, put on a bunch of excess fat and then have to cut extra hard to get rid of it. This is completely up to you, though.

To lose fat do this:
    3. Increase cardio

To gain muscle
    1. Eat above maintenance
    2. lift weights, heavy compound movements, low reps (once again, my preference is for strength)
    3. Limit cardio to 1-2 times a week - remember, your heart is a muscle, too.
    Thanks.