Tup0c has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

I need a good chest workout (INFO INSIDE)

So i have been lifting for a little over 3 years now and it looks like i am still a beginer.. Every other part of my body is toned to the amount of weight i lift except my chest... I can max out at 260lbs on my bench and rep 180lbs 10-16 times eaisly.. i always keep form and i never arch my back.. it seems like all my benching just increases my arm strength in the end.. i have the flatest chest still and can't get my pec muscles to grow.. any help?? thanks
    NO PAIN NO GAIN!!!

AngryMidget has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AngryMidget has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AngryMidget has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AngryMidget has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AngryMidget has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AngryMidget has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AngryMidget has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AngryMidget has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AngryMidget has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AngryMidget has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AngryMidget has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I don't have a specific routine for you, but I'd suggest a bodybuilding routine that incorporates a good incline pressing movement. Building your upper chest will help your chest to look better. Also, try using more dumbbell presses and flyes in your routine, using 8-12 reps for the presses and 10 to 15 for the flyes. Bench presses are great for building chest power, but they're not always the top of the heap for building size.

YoMoMsB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) YoMoMsB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) YoMoMsB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) YoMoMsB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) YoMoMsB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) YoMoMsB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) YoMoMsB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) YoMoMsB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) YoMoMsB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) YoMoMsB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) YoMoMsB has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    try out using DBs...for me when i switched from barbell to DBs i started noticing my chest growing, also i seem to feel it more in my chest when i use DBs

Originally Posted by AngryMidget View Post
    I don't have a specific routine for you, but I'd suggest a bodybuilding routine that incorporates a good incline pressing movement. Building your upper chest will help your chest to look better. Also, try using more dumbbell presses and flyes in your routine, using 8-12 reps for the presses and 10 to 15 for the flyes. Bench presses are great for building chest power, but they're not always the top of the heap for building size.
    I have started useing DB's when i do incline press.. Can i do my normal benching and then add DB's flat press as well? or would that be overworking my muscle?
    NO PAIN NO GAIN!!!

BenReilly is just really nice. (+1000) BenReilly is just really nice. (+1000) BenReilly is just really nice. (+1000) BenReilly is just really nice. (+1000) BenReilly is just really nice. (+1000) BenReilly is just really nice. (+1000) BenReilly is just really nice. (+1000) BenReilly is just really nice. (+1000) BenReilly is just really nice. (+1000) BenReilly is just really nice. (+1000) BenReilly is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Tup0c View Post
    I have started useing DB's when i do incline press.. Can i do my normal benching and then add DB's flat press as well? or would that be overworking my muscle?
    you COULD do that, but I wouldnt do that every time, maybe just once a month or so.

Incline Presses and dips/decline presses will give you the shape you're probably looking for.

Here is the routine I did before the one I am currently on, and it helped give me pretty good shape (DISCLAIMER: I'm just saying this is what I did, and it served it's purpose for me. You may not like it, and it may not work for you, so take it for what it is, just my experience) Oh, and from reading around this site I think I work at a higher volume than most, as that's where I get my best results.

Incline DB Press 3x10-12, 1x6-8
    HammerStrength Bench Press 3x10-12, 1x6-8
    Dips 3x15
    Decline Bench Press 2x10-12
    Incline DB flyes 3x10
    Close out with a Cable tri-set; 2 sets x10 reps each angle (low,middle,high)

this workout gave me the shape and definition I was looking for, I have since changed my chest workout and am focusing more on strength and mass. But the Incline movements and the dips/declines should help with shaping your pecs

Blindead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Blindead is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    if you want to work your chest without your triceps it's all about doing stuff like wide grip presses of all types, especially declines, flyes and pullovers. if you really want to build your chest specifically and DONT want gains on triceps, you can leave them out. otherwise, dips and CGBP are great tricep builders that will still work your chest.
    I want to touch the butt.

johnma has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) johnma has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) johnma has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) johnma has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) johnma has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) johnma has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) johnma has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) johnma has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) johnma has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) johnma has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) johnma has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by BenReilly View Post
    you COULD do that, but I wouldnt do that every time, maybe just once a month or so.

Incline Presses and dips/decline presses will give you the shape you're probably looking for.

Here is the routine I did before the one I am currently on, and it helped give me pretty good shape (DISCLAIMER: I'm just saying this is what I did, and it served it's purpose for me. You may not like it, and it may not work for you, so take it for what it is, just my experience) Oh, and from reading around this site I think I work at a higher volume than most, as that's where I get my best results.

Dips 3x15
    Incline DB flyes 3x10

this workout gave me the shape and definition I was looking for, I have since changed my chest workout and am focusing more on strength and mass. But the Incline movements and the dips/declines should help with shaping your pecs

What kind of weigh are we looking at here? For the incline, are we looking for heavier weight since we are doing more reps or should he do less weight for that amount of weights?
    "The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will" - Vince Lombardi

BenReilly is just really nice. (+1000) BenReilly is just really nice. (+1000) BenReilly is just really nice. (+1000) BenReilly is just really nice. (+1000) BenReilly is just really nice. (+1000) BenReilly is just really nice. (+1000) BenReilly is just really nice. (+1000) BenReilly is just really nice. (+1000) BenReilly is just really nice. (+1000) BenReilly is just really nice. (+1000) BenReilly is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by johnma View Post
    What kind of weigh are we looking at here? For the incline, are we looking for heavier weight since we are doing more reps or should he do less weight for that amount of weights?

the last time I did this workout (end of January) I did 55x12, 70x12, 85x8, 95x6. The third set I didn't take to failure but I stopped short cause I wanted to have a little extra strength for the 95s

(I keep a workout log so thats how I remember)
    This is pretty much how I get my best results, from pyramiding.

Dips 3x15
    Incline DB flyes 3x10

Thanks i will definatly give this a try on my next chest day..
    NO PAIN NO GAIN!!!

TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TexAss has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    A-Trainer Flys!
    *No Crew*

johnma has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) johnma has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) johnma has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) johnma has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) johnma has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) johnma has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) johnma has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) johnma has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) johnma has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) johnma has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) johnma has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    the last time I did this workout (end of January) I did 55x12, 70x12, 85x8, 95x6. The third set I didn't take to failure but I stopped short cause I wanted to have a little extra strength for the 95s

(I keep a workout log so thats how I remember)
    This is pretty much how I get my best results, from pyramiding.
    And you dont do any Flat bench for chest day? I'm just trying to get the jist of it, if you know what I mean.
    "The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will" - Vince Lombardi

And you dont do any Flat bench for chest day? I'm just trying to get the jist of it, if you know what I mean.
    I Think hes saying he has adjusted his work out some due to platoeing and wants different gains or he might be doing something different to work different parts or just get cut.. i think thats what he means..
    NO PAIN NO GAIN!!!

at the time the Hammer Strength bench was my "flat" bench press movement for that workout. I was trying to build mass in my upper pecs and get more definition and the 'cut' of the lower.

I have since changed it, and am now focusing on strength. I do:

1. Bench Press 4x12,10,8,4 then I strip down to one plate each side and rep out on a fifth set

2. Incline Dumbbell Press 4x10 superset with Incline Dumbbell Flyes 4x10

3. Here I switch up, I'll either do 4 sets of dips or 4 sets of declines

4. then I finish with the same cable tri-set. When I say High,Mid,Low, I dont mean the height of the cables. Cables are always in high position. Ill position my body differently to hit the different areas of the chest.

5. sometimes if I'm still feeling fresh I'll add pec-deck flyes after exercise 3

hope that answers your question. I change up my workouts about every 2-3 months, so yes now I am doing Bench. But since tup0c was asking about shape, I gave him what I did that helped me add definition.

at the time the Hammer Strength bench was my "flat" bench press movement for that workout. I was trying to build mass in my upper pecs and get more definition and the 'cut' of the lower.

I have since changed it, and am now focusing on strength. I do:

1. Bench Press 4x12,10,8,4 then I strip down to one plate each side and rep out on a fifth set

2. Incline Dumbbell Press 4x10 superset with Incline Dumbbell Flyes 4x10

3. Here I switch up, I'll either do 4 sets of dips or 4 sets of declines

4. then I finish with the same cable tri-set. When I say High,Mid,Low, I dont mean the height of the cables. Cables are always in high position. Ill position my body differently to hit the different areas of the chest.

5. sometimes if I'm still feeling fresh I'll add pec-deck flyes after exercise 3

hope that answers your question. I change up my workouts about every 2-3 months, so yes now I am doing Bench. But since tup0c was asking about shape, I gave him what I did that helped me add definition.

Good deal thanks!