jackedrabbit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jackedrabbit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jackedrabbit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jackedrabbit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jackedrabbit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jackedrabbit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jackedrabbit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jackedrabbit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jackedrabbit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jackedrabbit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jackedrabbit is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Wink Goal is to compete one day...how am I looking?

I'm 24, almost 25...5'8, 175 pounds, maybe 11-12% bf?

Just wanted some opinions (good and bad, of course) on how I'm looking at the moment.

Right now I'm bulking, eating 3000-3200 cals a day and looking to hit 185-190 before I do a mini-cut and repeat.

Thanks guys.

Last edited by jackedrabbit; 01-24-2009 at 07:32 PM.

CloudSurfer is just really nice. (+1000) CloudSurfer is just really nice. (+1000) CloudSurfer is just really nice. (+1000) CloudSurfer is just really nice. (+1000) CloudSurfer is just really nice. (+1000) CloudSurfer is just really nice. (+1000) CloudSurfer is just really nice. (+1000) CloudSurfer is just really nice. (+1000) CloudSurfer is just really nice. (+1000) CloudSurfer is just really nice. (+1000) CloudSurfer is just really nice. (+1000)
    I'll be brutally honest because it will do you more good in the long run than sugar coating it......you have alot of work ahead of you ......you really need to step up training on that upper body ....on a positive note your legs are genetically awesome ....

Craig Mack is just really nice. (+1000) Craig Mack is just really nice. (+1000) Craig Mack is just really nice. (+1000) Craig Mack is just really nice. (+1000) Craig Mack is just really nice. (+1000) Craig Mack is just really nice. (+1000) Craig Mack is just really nice. (+1000) Craig Mack is just really nice. (+1000) Craig Mack is just really nice. (+1000) Craig Mack is just really nice. (+1000) Craig Mack is just really nice. (+1000)
    are you watching bromance in that first pic??

jackedrabbit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jackedrabbit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jackedrabbit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jackedrabbit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jackedrabbit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jackedrabbit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jackedrabbit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jackedrabbit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jackedrabbit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jackedrabbit is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jackedrabbit is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Nah, Parental Control...it's less ghey.

I just had MTV on, wasn't really paying much attention to it. I liked that dance competiton show though, and I was watching that and just left it on.

Craig Mack is just really nice. (+1000) Craig Mack is just really nice. (+1000) Craig Mack is just really nice. (+1000) Craig Mack is just really nice. (+1000) Craig Mack is just really nice. (+1000) Craig Mack is just really nice. (+1000) Craig Mack is just really nice. (+1000) Craig Mack is just really nice. (+1000) Craig Mack is just really nice. (+1000) Craig Mack is just really nice. (+1000) Craig Mack is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by jackedrabbit View Post
    Nah, Parental Control...it's less ghey.

I just had MTV on, wasn't really paying much attention to it. I liked that dance competiton show though, and I was watching that and just left it on.
    lulz

mjoto has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mjoto has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mjoto has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mjoto has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mjoto has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mjoto has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mjoto has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mjoto has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mjoto has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mjoto has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mjoto has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up

when I did my first comp I went in kinda flat and didnt realize how big my legs were to the rest of my body. Me n you got big legs, Im sure you train them, but for me they just naturally had size, USED to sprint a LOT! I honestly couldnt stand these big guys in the gym with chicken legs is what made me so passionate about training them. I learned though that balance is key. As dumb as this may sound, your first comp is really about upper body with striated legs, specifically arms and abs. You can have mass and definition, but dont forget that you need to look balanced, which you dont. Your lower half over powers your top, giving you that bowling pin look. try not going so heavy on legs, and just squeezing the sht outta the muscle with light weight. Go heavy on Bis tris and traps, dont forget upper chest and abs. You can compete, but you still got some work to do!
    My New Haircut

Originally Posted by mjoto View Post
    when I did my first comp I went in kinda flat and didnt realize how big my legs were to the rest of my body. Me n you got big legs, Im sure you train them, but for me they just naturally had size, USED to sprint a LOT! I honestly couldnt stand these big guys in the gym with chicken legs is what made me so passionate about training them. I learned though that balance is key. As dumb as this may sound, your first comp is really about upper body with striated legs, specifically arms and abs. You can have mass and definition, but dont forget that you need to look balanced, which you dont. Your lower half over powers your top, giving you that bowling pin look. try not going so heavy on legs, and just squeezing the sht outta the muscle with light weight. Go heavy on Bis tris and traps, dont forget upper chest and abs. You can compete, but you still got some work to do!
    Thanks man. I think I've come a long way since I weighed 148...albeit I was leaner.

big-town-joe will become famous soon enough. (+50) big-town-joe will become famous soon enough. (+50) big-town-joe will become famous soon enough. (+50) big-town-joe will become famous soon enough. (+50) big-town-joe will become famous soon enough. (+50) big-town-joe will become famous soon enough. (+50) big-town-joe will become famous soon enough. (+50) big-town-joe will become famous soon enough. (+50) big-town-joe will become famous soon enough. (+50) big-town-joe will become famous soon enough. (+50) big-town-joe will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by mjoto View Post
    good info ^^^

Originally Posted by big-town-joe View Post
    good info ^^^
    x2.

mjoto, do you have pics from your first comp?

I know my upper body sucks. My legs are good because I train them, but also because they respond better, due to my genetics. I literally have no shoulders, barely any traps, and no tri's...

I've giving myself 5 more years to do it. I want to step on stage and DO WELL before I turn 30. I'm almost 25 now, and I started training seriously in my junior/senior year in college.

I've never really bulked or focused on gaining lean mass for periods longer than 3 months. I always start cutting for stupid reasons and have never given myself TIME to build any real size.

That's why I'm so excited about this year, because aside from some mini-cuts (2-3 weekers) thrown in here and there just to keep my bodyfat in a nice range (10-12%), I'm keeping my eyes on the prize, and that's to gain a solid 10-12 pounds this year. I'm not gonna cut for the summer, for a pool party, or whatever. The last thing I should be doing is cutting.

thicky has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thicky has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thicky has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thicky has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thicky has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thicky has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thicky has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thicky has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thicky has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thicky has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thicky has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    chest needs major work

httrdd007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) httrdd007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) httrdd007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) httrdd007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) httrdd007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) httrdd007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) httrdd007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) httrdd007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) httrdd007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) httrdd007 is on a distinguished road. (+10) httrdd007 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Shoulders are cut as hell, but it looks like you might need to bulk up your upper delts and traps so you can look more solid and muscular in your upper body! Just my .02! Otherwise looking good!
    "Exercising without eating the proper foods is like plowing a field and not putting any seed into the ground!"

Arnold

********** Busy Bodybuilder ***************

If I can do it you sure can!

spot_skater is just really nice. (+1000) spot_skater is just really nice. (+1000) spot_skater is just really nice. (+1000) spot_skater is just really nice. (+1000) spot_skater is just really nice. (+1000) spot_skater is just really nice. (+1000) spot_skater is just really nice. (+1000) spot_skater is just really nice. (+1000) spot_skater is just really nice. (+1000) spot_skater is just really nice. (+1000) spot_skater is just really nice. (+1000)
    Huge legs, man.

But you're upper body is really underdevoloped compared to it. Get on your incline work for chest, blast away your shoulders, and keep training.

nflballer4ever has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nflballer4ever has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nflballer4ever has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nflballer4ever has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nflballer4ever has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nflballer4ever has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nflballer4ever has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nflballer4ever has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nflballer4ever has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nflballer4ever has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nflballer4ever has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    your better than alot of people that compete. on the amateur level that is so go for it

mjoto has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mjoto has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mjoto has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mjoto has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mjoto has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mjoto has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mjoto has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mjoto has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mjoto has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mjoto has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mjoto has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by jackedrabbit View Post
    x2.

mjoto, do you have pics from your first comp?

I know my upper body sucks. My legs are good because I train them, but also because they respond better, due to my genetics. I literally have no shoulders, barely any traps, and no tri's...

I've giving myself 5 more years to do it. I want to step on stage and DO WELL before I turn 30. I'm almost 25 now, and I started training seriously in my junior/senior year in college.

I've never really bulked or focused on gaining lean mass for periods longer than 3 months. I always start cutting for stupid reasons and have never given myself TIME to build any real size.

That's why I'm so excited about this year, because aside from some mini-cuts (2-3 weekers) thrown in here and there just to keep my bodyfat in a nice range (10-12%), I'm keeping my eyes on the prize, and that's to gain a solid 10-12 pounds this year. I'm not gonna cut for the summer, for a pool party, or whatever. The last thing I should be doing is cutting.

Sorry bruh no pics of my comp... I can tell you what happend though. Fcked around with my water intake too much came in looking a little too flat. My family did take pics, I dont know how to get them right now at the moment, but when I looked at them I said to myself HOLY SHT! my legs are huge, compared to my upper body that is. My diet was straight chicken breast with water and sometimes bbq sauce. That was the worst 4 weeks of my life. If I knew then what I know now! man...
    Seriously when you go to that competition drink it in. Its the biggest adrenaline rush ever. DO NOT STOP TRAINING YOUR LEGS. Seriously light weight and squeeze!!!! Go heavy on your upper body not sacrificing form. Get lots of rest and protein. IT will be the biggest learning experience of your bodybuilding career garuntee! BEST OF LUCK BRUTHA!
    My New Haircut

debrovnik is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) debrovnik is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) debrovnik is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) debrovnik is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) debrovnik is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) debrovnik is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) debrovnik is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) debrovnik is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) debrovnik is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) debrovnik is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) debrovnik is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    OP, I noticed that you didn't reply to CloudSurfer's post, I think you should.

Personally, I think you need to seriously rethink your training as it's not working. End of story.

I've seen your deadlift videos, which, for you b/w are quite shockingly impressive BUT in the photos, you look like someone who could lift 250lbs, not 500lbs!

I'm not trying to be a dick but from where I'm sitting, something is seriously off. You've obviously got a ton of strength and great training mentality but, while this is translating into good lifts, it's not translating into serious mass gains.

I think you need to look harder at your diet and your training.
    BMBC - DinoT1985

The_Animal_79 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) The_Animal_79 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) The_Animal_79 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) The_Animal_79 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) The_Animal_79 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) The_Animal_79 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) The_Animal_79 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) The_Animal_79 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) The_Animal_79 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) The_Animal_79 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) The_Animal_79 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Craig Mack View Post
    are you watching bromance in that first pic??
    lmao

Solid legs brah. Need to work on the chest